Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 09:13 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Finally Friday

Starting Friday's Thread...
Old 11-08-2002, 09:30 AM   #2  
GO CANES!

Morning everyone!! I feel so bad when I dont get to post during the day....
I really want to read up on everyone so I can join in the chat!!

So.....not so great on points this week. but I still have til Monday to weigh myself...
oh. found out about the scholarship program.....It's really neat actually. if you qualify financially, they let you join WW without a reg. fee and for only $5 a week....
so I really hope i qualify. also submitting one for the Boyfreind, as since we live together i think it would really help us both to join this time.....
how is everyone's friday?
Old 11-08-2002, 09:59 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all. We went out to dinner last night and Emma had fun... that is until a b-day party for a little boy came in and took over the WHOLE game room and the parents were even rude. So we had to leave because Emma (and I) were being pushed around too much!

I went to bed a little after 8 last night. Just saw the beginning of CSI and I was zonked. I love that show, but I just needed my sleep so much more. I hope I get over these headaches and sinuses soon. I know they are aggrevated because of PG because I had this last time too... but it is annoying. I want to feel somewhat normal again.

PJ, cool on the scholarships.

Well, I guess I better get some work done. Boo Hooo on this lovely Friday!
Old 11-08-2002, 10:19 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls I'm still alive goign to catch up on the posts i missed and come back
Old 11-08-2002, 10:24 AM   #5  

Hi Laura, PJ and everyone else!

There are two Friday threads, I wasn't sure which to post to, so I just picked one!

Today was a big step for me, I find each morning I am buying a big muffin at the gas station for breakfast, I am sure these things are 7 points at least, I love them, but what I also find is that it gives me reason to screw up the rest of the day. My thought proces was "I already had a 7 point breakfast, I can't end the day OP now, might as well eat what I want". Isn't that sick mentality!!

Anyway, today I was at the gas station, about ready to reach for the muffin, and I said to myself, "This is going to give me reasons to eat way over in points again, the weight will never come off!". So, I bought a banana. I am so happy I did, and you know, I am just as full eating that as I was the muffin, and it is only 2 points!!

I think it is so important to start the day off right!! So, I hope this is the beginning to being obsessed about WW again. My goal is to stick to my points (no fast food this weekend) and hopefully next week start with some exercise. I think I need to start slow again, so I don't burn out.

Jayne ~ You really gave me food for thought yesterday, I was so jealous of your enthusiasm. I want that!!!

So, today is new. So far, doing well OP and I am planning a light lunch.

This weekend will be lots of exercise. We are planning grass seed in our new yard, and I am starting to prime the bedrooms. I think I am taking off of work on Monday and Tuesday to continue painting our new house. I really want to be moved in by the first week in December. Then I can decorate our new home for the holidays right away!!

Belle ~ I am glad Carmen is home, she will get stronger every day!

Jen ~ I am sorry you haven't been feeling well. I remember with all three of my pregnancies the first trimester was the worst, terrible headaches. Hang in there, and keep up the exercise and eating right (or it will bite you in the a** in the end!!)

JenK ~ I can't believe your first semester of law school is almost done. I hope my Master's program goes that fast. I start this spring. Your nephew is so sweet!!

I am getting a brain cramp, can't remember all the other posts. So, "HI! and HAPPPY FRIDAY" to Ali, Jess, KT, Laura, Marcie, PJ, Stacey, Lolly, Kirsty, Cat, Lisa (come back to us!!), and all that I missed!!!!

I will be back, I am not working today, its Friday, you can't do work on Friday!!
Old 11-08-2002, 10:38 AM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Hey girls!

I picked #2 as well. I find I get bored and give up if I am too "strict" or don't jazz it up a little bit. I run, lift free weights, do yoga/pilates and step class, belly dance, whatever. It works for me because I can stay excited about it.

I have a play to go to tomorrow night wiht b/f, that is my big weekend plan! Woo hoo....I actually am excited about it though. also, we are driving to Kananaskis for lunch.

OK I feel really bad and I need your advice- I had a dream last night and it was about my b/f cheating on me with a girl from my past (a bonified s*&t - she slept with everyone's b/fs and husbands) and in the dream we were about 16 and hadn't slept together. I guess I was callign out that I hated him and stuff like that. He was hurt today....but I was just dreaming! I feel guilty about it. I think I was just having anxiety as things have been going really good with us and I get afraid theother shoe will drop, you know? Anyway, I don't know what to do about it to make it better. Just not mention it or buy him a little gift or just re-affirm that I love him....any thoughts?? After all, I was just dreaming, I don't hate him in real life!? AGH. Men.

Tonya - woo hoo on resisting the dread muffin!! I am so impressed with you!! You are back!
Old 11-08-2002, 11:05 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Jen! By the way, your new nephew is a super cutie! We could do an arranged marriage if you want....Carmen is just a bit older....hee hee!

Belle
Old 11-08-2002, 11:09 AM   #8  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Talking Hi Girls!

Happy Friday to all of you! Aaron stayed at my mom's last night...what a nice break! I wasl able to go out with my coworkers after classes for a beer ( more on that in a minute), sleep until 7 this morning, and get the dishwasher unloaded, 2 loads of laundry done and put away, and be showered, brushed, made-up, dressed, and on the internet by 10. I am kind of amazing myself.

I was very proud of myself last night. I had 5 points left for the day and 1 point banked. So while everyone else was ordering spinach-artichoke dip and margaritas, I had a miller lite and low-fat buffalo strips ( just boneles skinless chicken breasts broiled with buffalo sauce on them). Not only that, but I split the chicken, so it was low pointage. I think I came in easily under the 4 points alloted for the chicken, but I put it down as 4 just to be sure...it was 10:00, and what else was I going to eat?

So in a few minutes we're going to be heading up the 2.5 hour drive north to my parents to visit with them and fetch our lil one. I miss him terribly, though...didn't think it would be this bad.

Belle, I don't think you can feel guilty about dreaming. You have no control over that. If he's hurt, then he needs to read up on dreaming and the subconscious mind. You hang in there, and don't let anxiety sabotage things for you. I've been in that boat many times, and it always sinks. Just try to push through on what you logically know and rely on thought instead of emotion to pull you through the tough spots (can you tell I've been in therapy for anxiety? ) You'll do fine, you're so level headed and intelligent!

Tonya, I was having a thought about the whole muffin situation. A large muffin, in the WW food guide is 6 points. You have 18-23 points for the day. So a six point breakfast is only 1/3 of your points and would still keep you on track. You could have that, and like a sandwich on lite bread with WOWs and veggie sticks for lunch, a rice Krispy treat in the afternoon, and a broiled chicken breast with baked potato and veggie for dinner...and still come in below your max. Can you tell I've been playing with menus a lot lately? I do think that the banana is probably a better choice for you, but if the muffin thing is going to make you feel deprived and end up taunting you from its shelf in the gas station, it could really easily be worked in. Think about it, and see if that might work for you.

Kier, I'm glad you're alive...I was on the point of emailing you to make sure. How are things going with NF/BF or whatever his official title is these days?

Jen, don't you hate it when you're just minding your own business and people just come in and take over like that? As a person whose admittedly too nice, I used to find myself apologizing to people when they would do that, for being in their way. But no more...I seem to be growing a pair of balls in my late twenties. I remember terrible headaches too, in my first trimester(s). Sudafed and Benadryl really helped me out...give them a try. You could also try more water...since you need so much more, you might be getting dehydrated, and that gives you nasty hangover headaches.

PJ, let us know about the scholarship program. I bet there's other people on this board who could benefit from that. I'm glad you're planning on doing it with your BF, that makes meal planning and shopping much easier.

Jess, you better come back and post...I want to hear about your boys.

Laura, come over here and post...you always have wonderful insights, and I really look forward to reading your thoughts.

Ok, enough with the novel already...I gotta get my butto n the road!
Old 11-08-2002, 11:21 AM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Oh you gals, the bad thing is that I am now in my 2nd trimester. So I am still super tired, but never had the morning sickness, so I guess I am lucky!!!

Oh and Jayne, I am a water hound. I drink way more than my allotted water amount. Always have. If I don't I can tell. So I think it is all sinuses causing this. I go to the doc on Monday for another checkup, so we'll see. Hoping for a strong heartbeat since we didn't hear it last time because my dern pelvis was in the way!

Belle, Just wait until you get PG... then the dreams are wild. WOW, and sometimes very sensual and there is nothing you can do about it. Very common in pregnancy. A dream is a dream and don't let this get you down. Does he have a lot of insecurities? Because this could be a problem you need to face. Good Luck!
Old 11-08-2002, 12:08 PM   #10  
Cockeyed Optimist

Default This is Jess's post from the other thread

Well, it looks like we have two threads for Friday. Oops...

Sorry I took so long to post after starting the thread. I started it and then got tied up here at work...

I should be getting my starter kit today for Close to My Heart, I can't wait. I really don't want to be at work knowing that I could be at home playing with all of it.

Boy dilemma continues without much change. Luckily, I'm super-busy for the next few weeks so I won't be seeing much of either boy and can maybe sort out my feelings. You guys are awesome to offer advice and input. I appreciate it greatly, especially because there's not really anyone I can talk to about everything.

I have not had a good week on WW. I just can't seem to get it together. I kind of think it might be hormonal or maybe stress-related. Hopefully things will improve next week.

Laura--Yummy, homemade chicken noodle soup! I don't think there's anything wrong with being eager to see CB--3 days apart is a long time when you're enamored. My big plans for the weekend include working at my second job until 8 and probably going home to play with my new CTMH stuff. (Can you tell I'm just a little excited about it?) Tomorrow I may or may not be taking workboy's mom to a craft show in Omaha (because he doesn't want to and I made him feel guilty). Sunday will involve more playing with CTMH stuff. (Yep, just a little excited).

PJ--Hello!

Tonya--Way to go starting your morning off right! It seems like if start your day that way, the rest of the day just falls into place. Sounds like you have a busy month ahead of you, I'm not jealous of that. But I am jealous of having a brand new house to decorate for the holidays!

Belle--When Aaron and I first started dating, I had dreams like that all the time. Of course, he was never around when I did, so I can't say that I've been in the same boat. I do, however, understand your apprehension. It may be a good idea to make it clear to him that you do worry about the relationship crumbling and that's what caused you to have last night's dream. Maybe just tell him that even if he ever did hurt you, you would never intentionally hurt him, even though that's what happened in your nightmare. You don't need to apologize for saying mean things in your dream anymore than he needs to apologize to you for cheating on you in your dream. It was just a dream and not anything that you had control over.

Jayne--Way to go last night! Sorry there's no more to report on the boy situation. Workboy did email me this morning and ask me to pencil him in for the weekend of the 22/23 and December 7. (I'm super-busy, he has to book in advance).

OK, it's lunch time for me. I'll stop back in later today!

201.2/163.2/147

Which is better at the end of the day: knowing you ate it or knowing you were strong enough to turn it down?
Old 11-08-2002, 12:28 PM   #11  
Cockeyed Optimist

Default Bad News

I just found out that my company is going to start screening web access on Monday. I don't have a computer at home so unless I find time to get access at a library, I won't be around. However, I do intend to abuse the privilege today while I still have it so post like crazy!

On a more serious note, I want to let you all know how much I've appreciated your support and advice both in regards to my weight loss journey and the rest of my life. You ladies really are the best!

Tonya - I'm like you - if I start out my day poorly, I use my "oh I screwed up" as an excuse to screw up the rest of my day. However, Jayne has a good point - if you feel deprived you won't be happy either. How about letting yourself get the muffin once or twice a week and working it into your points?

Belle - alright, I'm going to be a witch here. I'd tell BF that it was just a dream and that you are sorry that his sleep was disturbed. But quiet frankly, if he's still upset tonight, tell him that you can't control dreams and that you'll be ready to join him in a nice "family" evening just as soon as he's done pouting and ready to be an adult!

JenL - hope you get to hear baby's heartbeat on Mon. It'll help make all the ickiness you've been feeling worth it.

Jayne - good job at the bar last night. I need to take a page from your book. As greatful as you were for the time, I'm sure that you missed Aaron terribly. Hope he's up for lots of mommy cuddling when you see him.

Jess - I think keeping busy is a great idea. Not only does it force some independence from the boys which might provide objectivity but being busy means that you won't have time to agonize and overanalyze.

Alright ladies....come out and POST. I need to store up all your wisdom for any rough days ahead.

Laura
Old 11-08-2002, 12:43 PM   #12  
GO CANES!

i hate to ask this question, you are all going to think i'm crazy....but what do the weights at the bottom of the posts with / inbetween stand for?
Old 11-08-2002, 12:56 PM   #13  
Proud Canadian

Hi ladies!

I was in a super good mood this morning and then someone sprayed perfume in my office and my lungs seized up. I have asthma which is set off by things like that and I had a big coughing fit and now I'm all chokey. To make things even more fun I'm singing today at the rememberance day ceremony. Hopefully my lungs will have recovered by then... OK - that's about as much whining as I feel like doing. My dad won tickets to a hockey game and can't go so he's giving them to me (Canucks vs Blackhawks) and NF is a huge hockey fan so I''m taking him - I think he's offered to bear my children. Of course, it's my first live hockey game so it should be fun - but it's not until the 20th.
Jen - I hate when people are so inconsiderate. At least you had fun until they got there.
Jess - Have a nice break from confusing boys - take a little "me" time someday - go to a movie alone or take a bath and read all night - just a couple of my favourites
Belle - you are totally not responsible for what you dream - you're not holding him responsible for what he did in your dream so he shouldn't hold you responsible for dreaming it. That said, a silly little gift may get rid of some tension
Jayne - you're a supermom! even when the little one's having fun at Grandma's
Hi Tonya, Laura, Kierand anyone else - gotta go start warming up - I'll be back
KT
Old 11-08-2002, 01:39 PM   #14  

Well girls,

I am off to teach a class, then to a meeting and then I am bailing! It is almost 60 here and beautful, no chance I am staying here at work!!

I may not be back online until next Wednesday. I have lots of painting to do in the next several days. Don't talk about anything too substantial while I am gone!!

Have a great weekend, talk to you all next week!!
Closed Thread