Old 11-02-2010, 02:04 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #242 Bale of Turtles Facing the Holidays with Smarts!

We are the Turlte Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
We had gotten very long, so I started this new thread before I could respond to everyone's posts.
I'm sending : and to all of us. I feel we are going to be very successful this holiday season. Last year I didn't lose an ounce and I do not want a repeat of that.
My Halloween party was great fun and my eating totally in control. Yay!
Unfortunately the next day I went nuts and ate 8 donuts, yep----count 'em---8! And that was the start. I was afraid because of all the sugar I wouldn't be able to get back on track on Monday, but I did and today has been shaky, but so far so good. I know protein of the lean variety helps me a lot and I have to be very careful with carbs. Here's to a wonderful week for us all.
Judy
234.6/189.2/170's by Thanksgiving
Old 11-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good afternoon everyone! Just got home from work and the good news is that the toilet is in place so we can sleep at home tonight... awesome!

Judy: Brush is off, I know how you feel and have done the same exact thing... exact! But brush it off and get back on! Have a great evening!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hi. Hope everyone had a good day. I had clinicals today. So I decided to try something different, and eat before clinicals started. I am not usually when I first wake. So I decided not to eat before I left home. I figured the 45 minute drive would give my body time to wake up and get hungry. Well it worked. I have realized I can get away with a small amount of candy, during clinicals. I credit that to all the walking I do usually. So I have discovered the jello sugar free dulce leche man that thing is great. Takes care of my sweet tooth easily. Hope everyone has a good week.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Judy - I agree with Princess, its over - forgot it and move on. We have all had those days so you are not alone.

Princess - glad to hear you are making progress on your bathroom. Will be so nice when done, lucky you. My house needs some reno's as well, but being on my own I have to set priorites. Right now I want my living room/hall repainted before Christmas season & need new window treatments. If I get that done, will be happy.

Life - hope your clinicals go well.

All - lets all have another great week.

I have been faithfully getting in my walks, so that really helps. Also preplanning my meals & snacks - that is key for me. If I come home and have no idea what I am having for dinner I start snacking while deciding what to make & then end up over my points. So, I have made sure to pre-cook some things to have on hand. Really helps.

Getting cold up here, but at least it has been sunny.

Lets all have a great OP day!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:40 AM   #6  

I haven't really been recording my weight lately because i didnt want to think about the weight i was gaining. I think last week on Wednesday I was at 241.6 and today i weighed in at 240.4 so i lost 1.2 pounds! Yay an actual loss! I haven't really been eating better so i dont know why i lost this week but i will take it, and hopefully run with it.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #7  

Congrats, Cherry - keep it going!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #8  

Good afternoon everyone!

Another very busy day here at work for me but I wanted to hop on and see what everyone is up to...

Bandit: I hear ya! It took us almost 8 years to be able to save enough for this - I can not imagine how long it is going to save for the kitchen remodel... LOL - oh well, it all has to be done so that we can sell the house eventually - when ever the market turns around - then we will start to look for the house that we hope to retire in. But we are taking it one step at a time. You do so good with the preplanning!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #9  
Chick

Oh gals,
We're doing great.
for Cherry for losing weight! You go girl! : I think you lost weight because you recognize what you're doing and have been making adjustments in what you eat all the time. I bet I'm right! Eating well gets to be a habit and then we all have to tweak things wherever we are. :

Life4evr, isn't it great when you learn something about yourself?
Yay!

Princess, so glad you're back to sleeping in your house. You're handling this make-over and work soooooo well. You must almost be done with the renovation. Yay!
Thanks for the encouragement. I astound myself at how bad my binges are sometimes, but then I try to pick up the pieces and go on. Emotional eating can be tough, but I'm always working on it.

Bandit, planning and preparing are key. I did very well a couple of weeks ago when I made crockpot dinners over the weekend and then had them in the fridge to eat when I needed them. You're doing great! Thanks for the tips.
and I'm so glad you're taking such good care of yourself.

Today at my WI I was up 1.6#. At least I didn't gain back all I lost, but it did trigger me right back to the 190's. That's okay. Today has been terrific and I've got my evening meal and snack planned. I ordered my first Christmas present, my dh's is this weekend. We are treating the kids and us to Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes. It should be great. We've gone often in the past----sometimes I've even won free tickets from my local newspaper promotions, but this is the first year that we're taking our six year old grandson with us and we hope he loves it! Then my dh is on a good roll with his diet, so he is not requesting a dinner specially for his birthday. He wants a couple of slices out and a Diet Coke. What a guy! Makes my life easier since it's tricky to have heavy foods or dinners out. Okay, I've gone on much too long, but that's what I'm dealing with right now. We walk on the boardwalk daily and it's a great help to my spirits and to getting in shape.
Judy
234.6/190.8/170's by Thanksgiving
Old 11-04-2010, 08:46 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday!

Well I think that officially exhaustion has set in - I am so tired I can barely think what to do but need to keep chugging forward. Either I am not handling stress well or I have slept wrong or something because my neck is really hurting again... just not sure what the problem is and too tired to figure it out. The remodel is moving along slowly but it is moving.

I did get on the scale this morning and it is way up - TOM has arrived so it is no great surprise - Meeting and W/I tonight, as least I know what to expect.

Bandit: Good luck at your W/I tonight!

Judy: Sounds like you are moving in the right direction!

Cherry: Great job on the loss!

Have a great day all!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #11  

Hi turtles:

Judy - good you are back on track and having a terrific day & preplanning
hubbys birthday. Good for you!

Princess - I can see why you are tired, lots going on and TOM certainly wouldn't help. Just keep at it and thanks for the good luck wishes tonight.

All - hope everyone is having a good week. Lets all drink some extra water
when we can.

Got in my 2 mile walk last night & that makes 12 for this week (my day 1 starts Friday, since Tops is Thurs evenings) - I find it easier to keep track of things that way.

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #12  
Chick

Princess, here's some : coming your way. An incomplete bathroom and TOM at the same time just doesn't seem fair. that your sleeping and neck get back to normal soon.

Bandit, good luck on your WI. You've got the exercise on the run. Weigh to go!

Everybody, have a great day. Keep on keepin' on.
My day is fine so far, but we've got plenty of rain and I feel super tired. I just made a cuke/onion salad and I've got a big pot of vegetable soup on the stove. It should be yummy. Got to Trader Joe's this morning and I've got the laundry going and I think I'll try to dust my hutch and put out some Thanksgiving-ish decorations to cheer up this house. Hives were bad again today and they play havoc with my weight. I have to keep in mind to stay on track, ignore the scale and get my exercise in.
Judy
234.6/190.8/170's by Thanksgiving.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:08 AM   #13  

Morning all and happy Friday to everyone!

Did not go to my TOPS meeting last night... just threw something together for supper then went to bed... my neck/back is really flaring up again, not sure what I did to set it off.

Judy: Sounds like you are doing good with the exception of the hives... what is the doctor saying about them?

Have to run but take care everyone!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #14  

Hi everyone:

Judy - soup sounds good to have on hand & will fill you up in between meals as well. Hope you had a good OP day.

Princess - sorry to hear about your neck/back, hope you get well quick.

I was down 3.25# last night so was really happy with that. Received a
"6 week no gain" certificate, so that was nice. Bob on Biggest Loser
was talking about fibre this past week & said most of us don't get enough,
so I am going to increase that this week.

Cold and rainey up here, yuck. But at least I can't rake more leaves today.

Have a great weekend!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #15  

Bandit: A huge congrats to you on your amazing loss! Great job!