Old 09-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #16  

Kim- it is great to read your post. Yay for the new number on the scale. I hope you see it again this week to.

Life4ever- Hope the test went well. I understand how it could be stressful.

Peanutt- WELCOME! I am 27 and I have three children under the age of 5. My hubby is also trying to get healthy with me.

Bandit- Hope your weigh in goes well. Let us know.

Princess-Hoping for a good weigh in. Dont let it get you down.

Judy- Thanks for thinking about me. I am doing ok just so busy and so many things to do. I need to find time for my health in there.

Weigh in this week was 239.4 so i think i was done .4 pounds for two weeks. Not really good but at least it didnt go up. We are trying to get into a new house with a little more room so we have been extra busy and eating out with pizza way to much. Pizza is my major downfall. Thanks for all the support ladies. I will try to get back on soon to post more.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #17  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Itryharder~ I love checking out sneakers online! I usually spend a lot time researching shoes online before I buy them to make sure I'm buying a good shoe. What kind of shoes are you looking for? I'm probably going to go back to getting Asics as they were really good for my feet.

bandit2~ We're supposed to be getting some rain as well as Earl is moving closer every day. My challenge for myself this fall is to go down at least 2 pant sizes (I can squeeze into a 20 right now, but I consider myself a 22 as the waist is wicked tight on the 20s). Plus, I really want to start keeping track of my inches lost!

CherryAutumn
~ Pizza is dangerous, and I feel your pain as I LOVE pizza! Down 0.4 is awesome considering how busy you have been!

I didn't see the 257 this morning, but I did see 258, which I have only seen a few times, so I'm still happy. It's still really hot today so the kids are pretty irritable. I'm psyched for when the rain finally gets here and cools things off as I think we will see some quick mood changes.

Getting hungry as lunch is coming up... home made beef stir fry with some cous cous today!

Enjoy your afternoons!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #18  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Yum, the stir fry with couscous sounds yummy! I went online and found the exact pair of New Balance walking shoes I have worn out. They'll be here by Sat. the latest and that's a good thing. Honestly, if KimL hadn't talked about shoes, I wouldn't have done this. I've been very busy---and also proscrastinating about getting to the shoe store-=---only one in area that carries the wide width I need. So and : for the shoe mention.

Cherry, I get it about needing pizza delivery since you're getting into the moving gear for houses. Would you consider ordering a small side salad to fill you in and then eating only one slice or, what I do a lot, a slice and a half?

I'm having a great day. I think I needed to get crazy with my food, scare myself with a 192# on my home scale, and get back to it. I worked so hard to get under 190# Including walking fast for an hour daily and eating about 14-17 points only. I am *not* going to throw that away now! Scale is looking a lot friendlier already.

Bandit, yeah----salty meat or salty anything just gets me on the scale. I've found drinking plenty extra water helps, but maybe not on the day you WI. : hopefully as the day goes by your weight will come into better numbers. At least you know you had a good week.

Gotta run. Dear Grandson is here today. We're baby-sitting since his school hasn't started and his dd works from home. He's a lot of fun. A real character. I finally was able to make his lunch without licking the spoon or eating the chocolate chips. A real challenge for me, so for me. Tonight we'll celebrate his dd's birthday so I'll have to be super careful with choices.

Have a great day.

Princess, you're going through a lot, but you also have a lot to look forward to with the new baby-to-be. I know you adn you'll drop more than a pound after a good week. I'm sending : for you to pull that off!

Judy
234.6/187.8/170's by end of September
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi Everyone! Thanks for the good wishes and I am totally fine, just run down from having the cold for so long and having a hard time getting it all together again.

I have a conflict for my TOPS meeting tonight so am not going to sweat it but will be there next week and am hoping for good results.

I was hoping for a stress free holiday weekend but I don't think I am going to get it... D-DIL's birthday is this weekend along with out of town visitors and the list goes on and on but I know that I will be taking time for me to get to at least one cycling class and one knitting group... just not sure how or when yet.

I have to run but will try and get back online later tonight... it is a pain that I can no longer get online at work for this site... I sure miss starting my day off that way!

Have a great evening everyone!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #20  
Make it to the moon...

Princess1122~ I hope you can find some time for yourself!

Itryharder~ How was your day with your grandson? I'm glad my shoe mention helped!

Long night as the new hostess kept getting sections messed up. She kept seating me, thinking my section belonged to the closer, so I ended up staying an hour later then I should have. Bad tippers too, so it wasn't even worth it.

I'm hoping to roll out of bed early tomorrow and get a good walk in before school. I found that it really helped my mood on Wednesday, and I was crankier today. I figured I test it out and see if getting some physical activity in early does help my mood or not as I have been down a lot lately.

Gonna finish watching "Fringe" and then bed!!! ALMOST FRIDAY!!!

Have a great night everyone!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 11:44 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Today was an okay day. I had clincals so some walking and standing. My lunch wasn't so bad. But for some reason I can't seem to get full. I have killed my points and my weekly allowance and I am now in the hole. So I don't even know how to take that one.

CherryAutumn the test grade was horrible.

Last edited by life4evr; 09-02-2010 at 11:46 PM.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:59 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, everyone:

Well, I was down 3/4# last night at my meeting and that is always better than a gain. Looking forward to extra long weekend since I also have Friday off - and so far not too much planned for a change. My dd is having friends up at trailer for Sunday evening so I will be at home for that night.
And also there is a dance Sat evening, but am thinking it will be ver quiet seeing lots of people will be away.

So, I guess everyones challenge will be to get through the holiday and not do too much damage with their menus. But as we know, there will always be tempations so we have to: plan ahead, get in some exercise and pick & choose our treats carefully.

Have a great Friday!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #23  
Chick

Bandit, : : Hey, that's a great loss coming at this time of the summer! Weigh to go.

I know I'm glad that summer is winding down and I'll be on to my fall challenges. LOL. Yesterday I was stellar with helping myself. I ate very little and that which I ate were zero point foods. Around mid-afternoon I was getting grumpy and realized I needed food, so I popped some plain popcorn in the microwave. Grandson was here for the afternoon, so I got in some swimming with him. Then we returned to his home to celebrate d sil's birthday. Dd and I split a broccoli and beef Chinese dish and I had two spareribs. My dd looked up the spareribs and the two were only four points. That was great! I needed to be very spare with my points since I had binged out the day before. Now I've knocked off the nonsense weight and that feels good.

Today should be a good day. Then this weekend, my kids will be coming out , but I'll BBQ and have baked beans, etc. which are all point friendly when I buy the right kind. Our tomatoes are finally coming in, so a tomato/basil salad with a touch of olive oil and garlic will also be figure friendly.

Princess, here's a very simple salad for the summer: Dice cukes and onions, pour on apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper. Done! That's a zero point salad that is tasty and different. Sometimes I put it on top of romaine lettuce to jazz up the lettuce. My dh likes it on a sandwich instead of mustard. Well, I guess it has endless possibilities. My mom used to make this. She also made a sour cream version and I think using some ffsour cream would also make a nice change.

Gotta run;
Have a wonderful weekend and I think Tuesday will feel like we're on a new challenge for sure! Did you know that perspiration is "fat cells crying"? Isn't that a good image. Let's get rid of those fat cells and say hello to more muscle and tone. Good image.

Judy
234.6/186.8/into the 170's by 9/30
Old 09-03-2010, 04:55 PM   #24  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

@KimL - my favourite exercise has been yoga as of late. It has the added benefit of helping me to destress and relax at the end of a long day. My most common exercise is plain ol' walking - puppy needs those!

This week's challenge for me has been dealing with the urge to stress eat (see yoga comment above). I'm a major stress eater and this week has been a tough one at work. I was very appreciative of the freedom in the plan to have some of those go to treats (moderation, of course) without completely falling off the wagon.
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:40 PM   #25  
Chick

Life4evr, do you have zero point foods available? I know this sounds nuts, but when I need to eat sometimes I'll take a can of beets, add raw onion chopped, a little apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper. It is zero points, takes a while to eat, and it helps me get a clear head about what I want to do most-=-===which is lose weight.

I've had a setback myself. Got on the scale again today (don't ask me why----it was stupid) and I was up those 5# again. This has to be the hives interfering with losing fluids and not losing fluids, so I have to chill out, eat right, and exercise and this will all pass. : to all.
By the way, my new sneakers arrived today and they look and fit just fine. Yay.

Judy
234.6/186.8/into the 170's by 9/30
Old 09-03-2010, 10:07 PM   #26  

Itryharder I am pretty sure I do but I am not exactly what are the zero points food.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:41 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday to you all!

It is a beautiful day here today... even chilly this morning! Well plans have changed here at the normally do so we are having D-DIL birthday lunch today and also having company in... they were supposed to come on Sunday but instead are coming in today so we will have lots more people for lunch than originally thought, which is fine and it means that my Sunday will not be as hectic

Eating has been bad for me lately, not sure why, it just has. I will get back on track though and with the long weekend it will give me a chance to get some point friendly food made up.

Bandit: Great job on your lose! I hope that you have a nice weekend!

Judy: Your salad recipe sounds fabulous! I'm sorry that the scale is showing you up! That is never fun but I do understand and know how you feel about it.

Life3evr: I think a single serving of sugar free jello is zero points, that helps with the sweet cravings for me... not sure if that helps or not.

Kim: Yes, I am going to make time for "me" time this weekend! Not sure when or how yet but I will figure it out!

Peanut: How are you doing?

Cherry: How are things going for you?

OK, I need to get my butt moving now... the dogs what their breakfast and I have lots of food to prepare!

Have a great weekend everyone.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #28  
Chick

Hi Life4evr,
Oh, good question. Zero point foods are food that WW's wants us to eat and they don't have any points. For example, almost all veggies are zero point foods. If you're hungry and need a snack, cut up carrots and celery with a small amount of FF Ranch Dressing as a dip works for me.
Another thing is to make a pot of vegetable soup---recipe follows---it's great for those times when "I have to eat something" and I've run out of points:

WW's Garden Vegetable Soup
Makes 4 1-cup servings
2/3cup sliced carrot
1/2c diced onion
2 garlic cloves minced
3 c. ff broth
1 1/2c diced green cabbage
1/2 cup green beans
1T tomato paste
1/2t dried basil
1/4 t. dried oregano
1/4t salt1/2 cup diced zucchini
Spray a large saucepan wtih nonstick cooking spray. Heat. Satue the carrot, onion and garlic over lovw heat about 5 min. Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato past, basil, oregano, and salt; bring to a boil. Simmer covered about 15 min. stir in zucchini and heat for 3-4 min. Serve hot.
MOst important:::::: 0 points! (you don't have to follow this exactly---any veggies will work except the winter squash, peas, any high carb veggies) I've made this with just carrots, celery, and onion and it's worked out great. So, this is a great standby.

I also have made ahead a big tossed salad that stays fresh in the fridge for about 3 days. Nice start on lunch when I really don't want to stop and make a salad. Then I can add any of the toppings I want that day, but the basic salad is all chopped and ready to go.

Check out www.3fatchicks. under WW recipes. I bet there are some great ideas for low points. I thought I had a list of zero point foods, but I don't. The list I have is one point.

Everbody, have a great weekend. We didn't get hurricane Earl here---didn't even get much rain and today is beautiful and sunny. : and to all.

Judy
234.6/?/into 170's by 9/30
Old 09-04-2010, 10:00 PM   #29  
Make it to the moon...

Princess1122~ How did today go? Make any time for yourself today after the party?

Itryharder~ YAY for new sneakers!!! Boo with pain in the butt fluids.

peanutt~ I hope this week has much less stress involved!

bandit2~ How has your weekend been so far?

life4evr~ Definitely try the zero point soup, it's AMAZING!

I was really annoyed with my parents last night. I spent an hour cutting up veggies and prepping pizza dough to make homemade pizzas... and they didn't like it. They didn't like the pizza because it was made with a whole wheat crust, which I might add, I thought was delicious. They keep pushing all this healthier stuff and watch my constantly to see if I slip up, but they aren't willing to make the healthy switches themselves. UGH.

I really need to get ready for bed... but I just can't seem to get my butt out of the chair...

Have a good night everyone and enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Old 09-04-2010, 11:45 PM   #30  

So I am out of town for the weekend. Cookout I can admit my eating was horrible. The cake did me in. The place were are staying set me up the mini gym it has is closed .

The soup doesn't sound that bad. I will try to do some cooking on Tuesday after we get back. Since i have a very short day of classes.