Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 12:06 AM   #16  
Life Time 2001

Maria: Yippee!!!!!!!! You might be home for 1 minute! Im sure you are excited and Im keeping my fingers crossed it will be longer. As far as India goes. Thanks, maybe next time I do hope things work out and you are home to enjoy and relax.

Slavika: It takes all kinds doesnt it? Really sad you can never be to careful. But Golf balls? I know they get spendy, but my goodness. ANd to stop and help another and they take from you. Sad. Cant believe people do this but they do.

Im just trying to keep my head above water. Got to much to do and no time.
Im really excited about our vacation. Its just to get away but thats what counts! Check in later.
Old 09-19-2002, 07:47 AM   #17  

Slavika I am totallly dumbfounded at what that woman did. I guess sometimes I am too trusting. She could have least said "thank you" since she got her car started and helped herself to golf balls. I think I would like to go to a station where you are still waited on. I do not like to pump my own gas and usually try to get dh to do it. Glenda, wow are you excited or what? It's a girl. Now have you started buying little dresses and feminine things like that? I think that story should definitely go in the Grandmother Book of Memories. You should save copies of the e-mails and put them in there. You could make up a real cute scrap book. You sure put a smile on my face today. Maria thank goodness for a little extra time. I think a silk suit would be nice. Renu always brings back nice fabric when they go to visit her family. They have a saying here that the mother of the groom should "wear beige and keep her mouth shut." In other words just go and enjoy the day. Glad that the ex is doing ok with everything. Lily you always seem to be working too hard. My dh went to NY City with a friend. His friend had to deliver some things for a P&G show and had to drive it up so my dh went along. They don't have any sympathy from me. They are staying in a $300 a night hotel which is paid for. He said that they went to Ground Zero yesterday and had lunch in Little Italy on Mulberry Street, the old Mafia street. He hopes to visit some firehouses and trade fire department shirts with them. I told him to visit at lunch and dinner time and maybe they would be invited to eat. He used to do some cooking at his house and they could trade recpies or something. Firemen are good cooks. Ann glad that you enjoyed your Marriage Encounter. What are you reading that kept you up so late? Time to go out for that morning walk.
Old 09-19-2002, 05:19 PM   #18  
Super Surfer

Cool ..people sure can be strange..

I have an I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID THAT story too. As I have told you all we take my Mom and aunt shopping on Thursdays and after we head for Wendy's for our . They always have a little box on the counter where we put our spare change. The money then goes to Cystic Fybrosis. Well last week we couldn't find the box by the cash register. Somebody had stolen it...
Maria Well good news for you, at least you will have a breather till you leave in Nov. I don't know how you do it.. you must be a very calm person. I will not be visiting either. If we were going, I would just have all my suitcases filled with toilet paper . Quite often we watch "The Lonely Planet" where someone travels to far and distant places and lives with different cultures. The last one we watched had the young girl living with the Masai in Africa. There she was, drinking blood... another had the young fellow getting the choice piece of sheep eyeball... somewhere in Asia.
Glenda... so lucky to be having a grand daughter on the way. Wish I knew what my DD is having... I seem to be the only one who wants to know, everyone else in the family wants a surprise. I had a good laugh at your e-mail story. It's good to be excited.
Ann I think marriage encounters are a good thing too. Sometimes we take our partners for granted and it's good to really talk and express our feelings. Our Church has had them by my DH won't go, so you are lucky.
Lily you getting excited about your fast approaching vacation. I always think that is what makes it a good one. Looking forward to it, and deciding what you will be taking, what you want to see.
Peggy .. $300.00 a night... it must be a really lovely suite.
What are you doing to occupy your time while your DH is away?
Slavika,,another gorgeous day .. hope you are out and about enjoying it... any plans for tomorrow... I "might" have to go to Costco again. I think that beige t-shirt is calling me.

.. have a great day all..
Old 09-19-2002, 07:20 PM   #19  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: Boy I cant believe people sometimes. Takes all kinds to steal money that is going to a charity!

Alas, DH heard today that he has 2 months to find a new job where he works or he is out of a job.
SIGH

Not a happy day here.
Old 09-20-2002, 10:43 AM   #20  
Fun Blonde

Oh, Lily, that is such sad news. What does your husband do? There are probably many other places where he will be welcomed with all his experience, but I know from experience what a downer that news is. Is this going to affect your vacation plans? I think there is probably a lot of this going on in the US lately. The economy is really hurting. Oklahoma has to take a 5% cut in all state agencies because revenue is down. This is going to hurt.
Glenda
Old 09-20-2002, 10:50 AM   #21  
Member Florida Chick

Thumbs down Rested

Good Morning everyone:

It wasn't the book that kept me up. I just couldn't sleep, and so instsead of tossing and disturbing my dh I went out in the living room and read, and studied my lesson for a bible study I'm going to. Even worked a crossword puzzle, before I finally went back to bed. But the book is a good one. Finished it last night. J.A. Jance
'Without Due Process' I like mysteries and Historical stuff. Ann Perry is one of my favorites also.

Reading the "I can't believe someone would do that" stories
sure makes one think. There seems to be such an abundance of people now days that give no thought to anyone but themselves. Everything seems to be theirs for the taking.

Glenda: So happy that you are going to have a new little GD. We have one on the way, almost ready to come forth now. But a GGS. Can you imagine. She sent us an ultra sound picture of him a while ago. Glad someone else knows how to read them, since it have to admit that it didn't look like much to us.:

Peggy: Can tell you are just a 'crafty' lady, as I never would have thought of a Grandmother scrapbook. How are you coming on all your crafts for the fall sales.?

Maria: Do enjoy your free time at home, and I surely hope you have a relaxing time, before your big move. Does your DH have any idea how long you will be in India?

Lily: Sorry to hear your DH bad news. Certainly hope that something even better will come his way. We can pray about that.

Hi Slavika, Trudy Jenye. Have a great day all. Ann

Last edited by Lizziepie; 09-20-2002 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:37 AM   #22  
Net browser

Default ...nice things do happen

Hi Everybody I just stopped by for a minute and will be back later, but wanted to tell you all, that DH golfed in another charity tournament yesterday and won a DVD player and ......... ONE DOZEN GOLF BALLS
"See" you all later.
Old 09-20-2002, 12:26 PM   #23  

Slavika glad to hear that dh won some golf balls. Hope that lady lost the ones she took. Lily sorry to hear about your dh. There is way too much of that happening lately. Hopefully he will find something soon. My dh comes home tomorrow. I have enjoyed all my free time this week. I have been doing some cleaning and crafting. Now I just need to clean the craft room. Trudy I like to watch the Lonely Planet too. Here's hoping Maria doesn't have any of those delicacies to eat, although that would be one way to diet. Well the dog is getting sick to his stomach. Gotta go,
Old 09-20-2002, 04:23 PM   #24  
Super Surfer

Smile Englebert Humperdink concert..

We went to see Englebert in concert last night. He sure did put on a good show, his voice is a good as ever. He sang all his hits and some songs made famous by other artists as well as a couple of songs written by his daughter. It was a nice way to spend an evening.
Lily I am sorry to hear your DH is going to be out of a job. What a shock that must have been for you two. I believe you once said his field of work was with computers. With his experience he will find something.
Glenda I think the economy is hurting here too. We have had such a drought that there is a wheat shortage. Flour is going up so bread and baked good will be costing 10 to 15 cents more. This can be a hardship for some families and seniors.
Slavika Your DH is such a good golfer, he always wins such good prizes. One time he won a ladies golf bag, which we bought for our DD.
Ann when I have trouble falling asleep (which is every night) I get up and read or do cryptograms, sometimes I find an old movie on TV. I used to get really upset when I couldn't sleep, but now I have things put aside to do.

Well Slavika and I did go to Costco today. I bought the t-shirt and we didn't buy any extra treats.. we were very very good.

Bye all..
Old 09-20-2002, 06:53 PM   #25  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
Lily that is really too bad about your DH and his job. I seem to remember also, that he has something to do with computers. Is he still a long way from retiring ? I know you aren't that old, but I don't remember if you said how old DH was. Fortunately, he has these next 2 months to find something else, and I am sure he will.
Glenda everytime I think of you sending out that e-mail to EVERYBODY , I smile. They all probably did too.
Peggy I hope your DH was able to exchange shirts with some of NYC fireman....I guess he'll come back with a few stories to tell you.
Trudy and I and her DH did make another Costco run. I think her DH just likes to go so he can taste all the little "snacks" the ladies there hand out. I know for sure that's why my DH goes. If it's something he REALLY likes, he always asks very nicely for seconds and tries to look pitiful when he does it too.
I hope you all have a nice weekend.....I know Peggy's DH will be coming home. Night all.
Old 09-21-2002, 01:01 AM   #26  
Life Time 2001

Yes all DH is a computer Geek. He does a little of everything.
They laid off 5000 people company wide. It will be a little hard for him as all these other people will be looking to.
Im sure he will find something. He is already talking to several people.

Slavika: he is yonger than me he has about 15 years to go before he retires. Would be nice tho if we could both retire now.

The vacation is still on. We had the money set aside for it already and he still wants to go so we are. Could use it anyways.

Have a great weekend all!
Old 09-21-2002, 05:43 AM   #27  

G'day all,

So nice to read all the posts. I am sorry to hear about your dh Lily , I can relate It is tough. As you know my dh's company has retrenched many, thank goodness we are still hanging in there. The India thing has got to me a bit and then we get the news the trip has been delayed and dh has been told there is plenty of work in adelaide whilst we wait to be told when we DO go. All that stress and now it has really worked out well. We have decided that if dh has to go in November, I will stay in Adelaide, dh will come back again for the wedding on December 26 and then we will go together.
So Lily don't stress too much it will all work out in the end!

Tomorrow is my last day in Sydney, I am leaving very early Monday morning and expect to be in Adelaide Tuesday night. We went to the Floriade in Canberra today in our new little 'dream machine', it was a lovely day and the new car did really go like a dream. I drove a fair bit as well and it is just great.
DH will drive to Adelaide in 2 weeks time.

I'll be missing in action for the next few days and will next post from HOME

Take care all, stay happy and healthy
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 09-21-2002 at 05:45 AM.
Old 09-21-2002, 11:50 AM   #28  
Net browser

Maria
Have a safe journey HOME
and we'll be talking to you later in the week.
Old 09-21-2002, 12:23 PM   #29  
Member Florida Chick

Maria: Safe travel, and we'll be wating to hear aabout you trip home.

Lily: I'm sure your dh will find just what he needs in the job market. I just have to always remember that God is in control. who knows the new job may just be better all the way around.

Hi everyone. Happy weekend. Ann
Old 09-22-2002, 02:07 PM   #30  

Maria hope your trip home was a safe one and I bet you are glad to finally be HOME!!!! My dh made it home. He was tired and said they walked all over. My dil was taken to the hospital Friday and had an appendectomy. What a day that was. My son can't drive because of his knee and he had to find someone to go to her work and get her. She was laying on the floor in pain. I didn't have a car that day and her parents were on vacation. It all worked out fine when a friend came to the rescue. I would have called 911. She is coming home today and now neither one can drive. I forsee many trips across town to get him to therapy. Trudy and Slavika we like to go to Costco when they open because they have a whole tray of big muffins and sweet rolls and coffee to snack on. That's breakfast and then we have more snacks on all the other stuff. We like their apple pies. I am just glad that it is not near my house like Sam's is. I would be there daily. And I wonder why I am so "fluffy".
Hope you all are having a nice weekend. We finally had some rain and it has cooled off a lot today.
Closed Thread