Old 12-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #31  
Thursday Lady

Happy Friday--
Mimi, the link worked for me. Thank you. I've never made gingerbread men. I'll have to try them this time. I have not figured out the points, have you?

Is everyone out shopping?
Tammy, how are you and Tim?
Susan, I hope you are well and not having headaches.
Jeanne, have y'all put up your tree?
Dori, Sis, harlie, where are you????

Maureen, I'm sure this is a busy time for you. Are you having snow? I briefly saw a picture of heavy snow some place in Canada. (sorry that's so vague)

Heather, how are you and your husband doing OP?

News here-- I had my neck ultrasound yesterday. Surprisingly, I got the results in just a few hours. The nodule was the same size and consistency as it was 7 months ago. That's good! However, snice it didn't shrink, I must have a fine needle biopsy.
I wish all of you could come hold my hand. I will not schedule it until after the holidays, if that would help.
It's good news that there's no apparent cancer. The biopsy will confirm it's benign.
Okay. everyone drink water and have a good OP day.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:16 AM   #32  

Good luck with that Tina, and if I could I would be there to hold your hand. You will be fine. We women are strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The cookies should be 2 points each. I don't think I will make them into men just plain and round.
Off to mail cards.
Mimi4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #33  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Yay Tina! So glad to hear that about your neck! Yeppers my tree is up and my shopping is done too! Just trying to stay warm. Have a good night!
PS - TGIF!!!!!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #34  

Hi all! Sorry I've been missing again. Sometimes I just don't want to do anything but sleep. So I sleep! Tim and I are doing fine. He has exams next week, then he is finished until Jan.11. Next semester he only has classes on M-W-F instead of everyday like he's had this semester. Way too much driving back and forth with working at Arby's and rescue squad duty. We leave the 26th for Florida. He'll be with me till the 30th and fly home. Maurice and I will continue on to Georgia and South Carolina before heading back to Ohio.

Tina, chocolate chip cookies sound really good right now! I wouldn't do the biopsy till after the holidays either. Want me to drive down and hold your hand?

Mimi, the cookies sound good too! Right now I would eat a 5 point cookie!!

Jeanne, where did you go in Indiana?

Welcome to the group Heather!

Took another bag of things to the consignment shop and bought some things while I was there. Then I went to Kmart and bought a whole cart load of stuff! Guess I should wrap things sometime.

I'm doing the Jingle Bell 5K Run in the morning. I'm walking it though. there are several of us doing it together, and we are wearing antlers. I'm probably the only one walking tough. Maybe I'll be able to run next year.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:05 AM   #35  
jeanne

Hi Tammy! We actually went through Indiana.....My husband LOVES trains so we went to Jims' Train Shop in Homer City to get some Christmas presents!
Old 12-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #36  
jeanne

Tammy - we went to Indiana Pennyslvania
Old 12-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #37  

OH! No wonder I was confused!! I didn't know there was an Indiana, PA. I learn something new everyday. I guess you didn't go through Ohio then. LOL

It took me 5 minutes longer to do the Jingle Bell Run this morning than the 5k that I did in July. It was only 18 degrees when we started. I learned that I am not coordinated enough when I am freezing to blow my nose and walk at the same time! By the end of it, I was also having trouble talking since I was so cold. It was fun though.

Wrapped a few presents earlier. Tim was leaving to go to Lauren's, so I sent a small gift with him. Now I'll go shop the gift regisitry!!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:43 PM   #38  
Thursday Lady

Sorry I haven't responded. I should just get on here no matter not getting e-mail reminders.
Tammy, I could NOT walk in that kind of weather. My hat goes off to you for doing it. Wow, it sounds like you've gotten a lot of shopping done.
David finally gave me his Xmas list. He's really into old Alfred Hitchcock movies and wants some on dvd.
We put a string of icicle lights on our balcony railing. It looks really good.
We bought a tree but can't find out tree lights. We'll go by Walgreen's tomorrow afternoon and get some. Then, we can finish decorating it.
Jeanne, wow, you are ahead of the game!
Yes, I'd like all of you to come hold my hand.

Stay warm!
Old 12-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #39  

Tina last year when I knew that we were moving I bought a smaller tree with the lights already on. But I still had to search for other Christmas stuff in the storage shed. That heavy snow was probably Calgary they have really wacky weather there snow waist high one day and the next thawed out (they are just to the east of the Rocky mountains) but as for
Dan in FtMCMURRAY ................. -40 degrees now at that point I don't have to say celcius or fahrenheit its -40 on both scales.
Tammy great for you. did you wear the antlers the whole time??and dropping stuff off at the goodwill then going out to buy more, it seems like we all do that.
Hi Jeane I think you had just started talking here about the time I went missing so nice to hear from you again.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all

Mimi-i'm heading to Calgary next saturday and I sure hope the chinooks have hit by then-I was talking to my son yesterday & it was -30 C-that's cold-I think it's heading this way so if I'm lucky I'll miss it-because I'll be away over the holidays I'm not decorating-I'll be moving & have to pack everything up anyway-but I did manage to find a small fibre optic tree at Walmart so at least it's something-
Good for you Tammy on your walk-I agree with Mimi on the second hand stores-I love them-I find a lot of books there.
Tina what floor are you on in your apartment? everyone will have to post pics of their Christmas decorating

Well, have a great day I'm going to try and pack a box or two

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #41  

Maureen I don't blame you for not doing christmas when you are going to be moving. There's always next year right? Have fun out west and a great Christmas Holiday. I bought a little tree at Hallmark that spins and plays carols, but I still have my new smaller (6ft) christmas tree up.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #42  
Thursday Lady

We went by Walgreen's today and bought more tree lights. I seem to remember packing them up and putting them in storage. For some strange reason, we packed the outside lights with the ornaments---which we brought with us.
Our tree is pretty and smells really good this year.

Maureen, we're on the second floor. New people just moved in above us this weekend. All yesterday and late into the evening, they were moving furniture around. Grrr.... I hope this noise won't keep up. The other people were nice and quiet.
I like the idea of taking photos of all our decorations and posting them.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:16 AM   #43  

Tina, Tim never gave me a list, so I was winging it. He'll have to like what he gets. lol I know he and Lauren will like what I bought for them on the gift registry, so that part was easy!! I always enjoyed Alfred Hitchcock too!! Maybe it's time to watch some.

Mimi, I kept the antlers on for a while, but then they started falling off so I carried them. The consignment shop I go to is for larger women, nothing smaller than a size 16. Very good prices. It is wonderful! I can relate to searching for things in the storage shed! I've done that many times. Your spinning musical tree sounds neat!

Maureen, all this shop has is clothing and purses. Every now and then there will be cookbooks or women's health books. I do go to another store sometimes that has lots of books.

Meeting the retired crew for lunch today. One of our other friends passed away on Saturday, so it will be good to get together. She needed a lung transplant, and she didn't want one. Her sister had one and died about 10 years ago.

have a good day everyone!
Old 12-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #44  
Thursday Lady

Ho, Ho, Ho,
Mimi and Maureen, y'all can keep that cold weather up there. Mimi, poor Dan!
We have our tree up but haven't put on all the decorations. This is a first for us. We finally got the lights and got those up. It's just a very different Christmas in an apartment, with things packed away!

Tammy, I'm sure whatever you bought the kids, they will like.
Susan, where are you?????
Jeanne, drive carefully in the snow--if you have snow yet.
Dori, heather, halie, we hope you all are doing well.

I've got a doozey of a cold. Today I get to go stand in line at the post office. There's a certified envelope there for us. Hmmm....I can't imagine what that is. It's a mystery.

More later....
Old 12-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #45  
jeanne

jeanne with chris botti.jpg

Bob & I went to the Chris Botti concert!!! We were in the autograph line and I kept trying to get a picture. I also kept being told to put my phone (camera) away as there is no picture taking permitted. WELL..............when I got up there I guess someone from the band had heard this and felt sorry for me. (hahah) BECAUSE the one band member said "give me your phone"....and ta da.....here I am that quick with the famous CHRIS BOTTI!!!!! ahhhhhhh, I feel like I'm 18 again. haha!

For those of you who may not know who Chris Botti is........well.....he is an Itailain Trumpet Player. He has played with Andrea Bocelli, Celine Dion, Natalie Cole......and many more.

Last edited by jar1965; 12-15-2009 at 01:51 PM.