Old 12-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #31  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Wow. We are now officially into the busiest month of the year. It has so many challenges for us, but I know if I stop and think, it is also a joyful month. I made a commitment at my meeting today and invited the girls I sit next to at WW's to come to my home after my next week's meeting and have a WW's meal with me. They are really nice people. We get along well, and I think it'll be a good time. If this goes well, I may invite a bunch of other gals I know to come and join in for a gathering closer to dinner time since some of my friends still work. I like to be sociable. It keeps my spirits up.

Okay. Today was my official WI. I lost those pesky .4# (that's gotta be about 7 ounces, right LIn?) and I'm officially back to losing 41# again.
However, I definitely want to be 190# by Christmas, so I've got my work cut out for me.

to everyone. If you're like me, you're running around like crazy getting in presents and wrapping and planning what else has to be done. My house is mighty dusty, so before I can decorate, I'll have to do a quick dust. That's okay. I can do anything as long as I handle it a step at a time. Good luck and to us all. We can do this!
Judy
234.6/193/190 and deeper into onederland

Last edited by Itryharder; 12-02-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:37 AM   #32  

I am still here and still reading everyones posts. My weight has just been bouncing around between 242 - 244. It seems i feel down hearted and give up before i even get started anymore. I want to feel better and I want to be healthier than i am right now. I just dont seem to have enough motivation to do anything. I know i should pick one small thing to do. You guys have suggested that before. Anyway i know everyone is busy i just wanted to say HI and let everyone know i am still here.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #33  
Chick

Hi Cherry, and
Don't worry about getting motivation. Look at your tracker. You've lost 3# and you're doing great. Don't worry about anything. A great quote from WW's is "Fake it till you make it". In other words, make believe you're doing everything right. Drink you water. Plan and prepare and get foods into the house for yourself. Exercise whenever you can. Keep on doing all the things WWs suggests and all of a sudden, you'll hear a "click" and you'll realize you're actually doing it! Losing weight and keeping on track.

You've got a lot of challenges. Try to put yourself on top of the list of things to do!

How's everyone doing? We've been so quiet lately. I know this happens from time to time, so I'm sending and to cheer everyone up!
Love, Judy
Old 12-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #34  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Here's something to cheer you up!

Remember in all the chaos found in December to put yourself on the list!
Judy
Old 12-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #35  
Turtle Buddy

Hi,

Judy, I loved what you said about "fake it 'til you make it". I was thinking this morning how the teeniest baby steps lead to big changes. I've gradually made changes over the years that I think are the reason I'm able to be successful this time.

I have a super busy day. It's the Christmas Craft Faire at church and I'm manning the orchestra table from 9:30-11, then rehearsing with one choir from 11-12, then we're singing two sets between 12 and 1, then the church choir is singing two sets between 1 and 2, then I'm helping out wherever I'm needed until 3. Then I get to go home, make dinner, change clothes and go work my first concert with the Steinway Society. Then tomorrow I get to sleep in because we don't have to be at church early, since the choir isn't doing an anthem. Tomorrow night I have a concert to sing. So, super busy weekend with lots of food challenges. I'll do fine.

I lost .5 pounds this week. I'm sure the extra walking had a lot to do with it.

I hope you all are doing well.

Keep on turtlin'!
I wish they had a music one!
Lin S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #36  
Chick

: to Lin! Weigh to go! Wow, you're doing great during this holiday season. I envy you being able to sing. How glorious!

Good luck to all the Turtles!!!!!

Gotta run. Good to hear from you.
Judy
Old 12-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #37  
Turtle Buddy

Hi,

Just checking in because this is a difficult weekend, food-wise. I'm getting some extra steps in, though, which helps. Today I have it easy, compared with yesterday. I don't have to be at church as early, since the choir isn't doing an anthem. Then, this afternoon I have a couple of errands and just getting ready for the concert tonight.

I'm managing to stay OP, which is interesting, since in the past I'd have just thought that it was too much and given up. I'm mainly trying to make the best choices from what is available and so far, so good.

I hope everyone is doing OK. I hope you'll check in periodically and let us know how you're doing. It seems like it's the paying attention, even if it's just to jot down the food I've eaten or check in here or remembering how far I've come when facing food choices. Remembering how much I've lost seems to help me to choose wisely because I don't want to regain it and have to do it all over again.

Keep on turtlin'!
Old 12-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #38  
Chick

Lin, I'm so glad you chimed in. Yep, this weekend is tough for me too and with no real reason. So, today when I woke up I decided that just for today I'd do the best for me OP as I could. that meant no scimping on points and no overdoing points. I'm including protein with each meal and I've already had the one point of bread I'm allowing myself today. For some reason, bread slows down or stops a weight loss for me even if I'm on track with points.
Thanks for chiming in.

Turtles, and and Let's do this! I'm looking forward to 190# by Christmas! Yeah.
Judy
Old 12-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 330/282/250

Height: 5'7"

Hey guys im new to this WW support forum..How is everyone? I have been on WW for a little over 3 months..So far soo Good!! Keep up the good work everyone
Stylist83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #40  
Turtle Buddy

Hi,

Nice to see you, Stylist. We're a small, but highly supportive group. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. It looks like you're getting off to a great start.

This weekend is over and I got through it. I was telling my dh last night that I ate "like a thin person". What I meant was that I ate the way a lot of my friends who don't gain weight easily eat. We had huge lunches, and then because of the concert schedule, no real dinner, just a small snack. I never used to do that because I'd get too hungry. But I wasn't hungry, and it was the right number of points for the day. Apparently, something has changed that's making it easier for me. I have no idea what, but I'll take it as a blessing and keep on.

I wish I had soup in my fridge today. It's so COLD! It's snowing in parts of the Bay Area. So far, not here, but it's a lot colder than usual and so wet. I have to go downtown today. I get to bundle up in layers, gloves and my warm jacket and walk to the bank. I got some of those space vacuum bags to put my computer and stuff in because they're waterproof, and my rolling pack isn't. I hate this part of having to take public transportation, but I love my jobs and need the work. I can't afford a second car, so I keep reminding myself that it doesn't rain forever here and other people have to go out in worse weather than I do. Anyway, I'm going through my fridge and digging up all the veggies that are soup-worthy and we're having soup for dinner so I can take some tomorrow!

I hope you all have a great day.

Keep turtlin'!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:14 AM   #41  
Chick

Hi Stylist! glad to have you posting with us. As Lin said, we try and help each other out and support everyone's weight loss efforts!
Thanks for joining us. You're doing great! :

The scale isn't budging for me. I think it is the bread. Last night we headed out for dinner and I'm hoping the salt is what is slowing down a weight loss. I was planning on shaking up the plateau I'm on this week adn I'll let you know on Wed. if I did or not.

How's everyone doing? Today I'm shopping for my WW luncheon on Wednesday and I plan to make the soup today and heat it up on Wed. before I go to my meeting. I'm also having salad with add your own fixings and Arnold Thins w/ olive tapenade. Then for lunch I'm making a veggie dish and chicken w/ WW. sauce of mushrooms and shallots. For dessert I modified (defatted) a Nilla Pumpkin Mousse and will have coffee and tea for the gals. I hope they've saved time and will make it because I'm looking forward to it.

Good luck to everyone this week. Chime in if you can.
Judy
Old 12-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #42  

Welcome Stylist!

Hi LinS and Judy.

Hugs to everyone.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #43  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Welcome, Stylist!

Judy and Lin, you're doing GREAT! So encouraging!

We had a good time at my dad's, though I definitely overdid it -- especially the scotch! Oy. But it was fun. I gained about 5.5 pounds, and have lost around 4.5 of those. So one more to go. This week I'm up again, probably due to hormones since the eating is fine.

My weight really leaps around when I go on vacation -- quickly up, quickly down. I had a dream a week or so ago, where someone authoritative told me: "Because you've learned how to turn around a gain, you will never be fat again." I woke up very encouraged! Here's hoping it was prophetic.

I've got parties galore coming up -- a work dinner tonight (I'm having the fish and veggies), another party Friday night (I'm eating dinner before I go), book group dinner party on Sunday (I'm bringing salad and will allow myself small portions of everything). Next week, a work potluck. (I'll bring my own lunch.) And then my folks arrive, with their vacation mentality and all the food they'll bring into the house. They and my brother will be visiting for up to 2 weeks -- and they're all diabetic. We'll plan healthy meals for them; that's all we can do.

I think because of my lack of regular muscle-building exercise, my metabolism has really slowed down, to the point where even the occasional glass of wine will cause me to gain weight. It's frustrating, but there is a remedy. That's my number one health goal for the new year, even more than reaching goal weight -- to up both my aerobic and my weight-training exercise considerably. It's the only way I'll be able to lose the rest of this weight, I'm realizing, and keep it off. I wish I knew why I find this so hard!

At this point, I'm aiming for a maintain by the end of the year. I'll be happy with that.

Will check in again -- stay warm, everyone! We're getting snow!
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:42 AM   #44  
Chick

Hi Turtles, : and
Cherry Autumn, thanks for chiming in. Here's some for you. You can do this!

Lauren, so good to hear from you. Glad you've got off most of your vacation weight. I hear you loud and clear! The exercise is paramount to me too and my December calendar lacks my exercise stickers. I haven't gotten on the once and I've got to figure out a way to do that.
Yes, I've been busy with housework and decorating, but that kind of exercise keeps me agile, but doesn't boost a weight loss. I'm up a lot of pounds--bagel at night twice now and a comfort food day two days ago. When I stepped on the scale I was shocked to see I was up to 197.4# That's up at least 3# in just three days. Ugh! Today I got out my first week of WW material and planned my meals for today. Okay, the meals won't be exciting, but they'll help me shed the pounds. I can do this!

Lauren, good luck with all your company and the eating challenges they provide. I know we can all do this. We've all made remarkable progress and I like that you've set a goal for yourself for now until Christmas and are looking forward to exercise in the New Year!

My goal for Christmas (I am stubborn and I'm sticking to my original goal) is to be 190#. I hope this recent weight gain is able to come off quickly and with exercise I should be able to move off some of this weight.

Good luck to us all.
Princess and Bandit, how are you doing? and
Judy
234.6/Ugh/190 and deeper into onederland
Old 12-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #45  
Turtle Buddy

Hi,

It's nice to hear from everyone.

, Judy. Weight gains are always hard to deal with. Three pounds in three days sounds like at least some of it is water retention. That should come off fairly easily, especially if you drink lots of water. Yes, you can do it. Your attitude and motivation are right on track.

Wow, Lauren. It's wonderful that you're down to only 1 pound of vacation weight left. I'm glad you had a good time. Good luck with all your challenges in the next couple of weeks.

My next couple of weeks are super challenging, too. But not every day is a challenge. So, my goal is to stick to my regular eating plan on the regular days. And adjust as necessary for the challenging ones. That's the only way I know to deal with it all that works.

Have a great day, everyone and keep on turtlin'!

Last edited by Lin S; 12-10-2009 at 10:29 AM.