Old 11-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Greetings Turtles! It has been ages since I have stopped by here... to be honest I just had to take a break from it for a while, I felt like I was hitting a brick wall no matter what I did so I just stepped away and gave it all a break. Not a good idea as the weight keeps coming back but I am back to eating within my daily points and taking short walks each day with the dogs. Still not working but I am still looking for a job daily so I have hopes that something will come along soon. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I hope that all is well with everyone!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #17  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Princess, so glad to see you posting here. It's wonderful that you stopped in. I don't think there's a turtle here that hasn't had that, "I need to get a break here and go away for awhile." Good luck in your job search. You've got a lot to offer and some employer will recognize that soon.
Bandit, I had no idea you were so sick for so long. Here's to good health now and in the future. And thanks from our Canadian buddy. I know you had your Thanksgiving a while ago!

Lin, you're doing so much. This Thanksgiving will be different, but you can handle the restaurant meals. You've got us all pulling for you.

Lauren, here's to a great vacation and Thanksgiving with your dad.

Cherry, hope you're hanging in there. Remember, we you.

All the new gals who chimed in over the past couple of weeks: here's a nice from us to you. Let us know how you're doing.

Gotta run. I'm less than seven hundred words away from finishing the NaNoWriMo challenge, but remember, I'm retired without youngun's around to occupy my time.
Dh has gotten a bad cold. Since I'm cooking for Thanksgiving here, I'm trying to help him get well and avoid the cold at the same time. Wish me luck! LOL.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone, in case with my company coming in for a few days, etc. I'm not able to get back here. Food is going well this week and I WI tomorrow. Wedding over the weekend was utterly fantastic. The centerpieces were over ten feet tall on over 16 tables, ice sculptures, etc. Wild to say the least.
Okay, see you all soon.
Judy
234.6/193.4/190 and deeper into onederland

Last edited by Itryharder; 11-24-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:41 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Princess - so nice to see you back with us. We have missed you so much.
Glad you are getting back on track & getting in exercise with your dogs.
Good luck on the job search - something will come along, so keep your spirits up!

Judy - you are one busy lady - always having company & cooking, Nice.

Everyone else - hope you are having a nice holiday but try not to go overboard with the goodies, I know it is hard, but even harder to get back on track & drop those holiday pounds.

Last night I made a pot of meat sauce with lots of veggies & had that on top of spaghetti squash. Having same thing tonight for my dinner. It was very good & very similar to regular pasta. I also got in a 2 mile walk & doing same tonight.

Enjoy your day!!!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:00 PM   #19  
Chick

Bandit, Wow! and to you! It's great to see you putting in so much effort.
Weigh to go!
Judy
Old 11-25-2009, 08:17 AM   #20  
Chick

Well Turtles, I did it! Last night I typed my little heart out and hit 50,249 words for NaNoWriMo. My novel is weird and I don't even know if it's worth a re-write, but you know what? I did it!
What did I learn? I learned that if you set a goal, figure out a way to achieve it, and do it you can accomplish anything.
Guess that relates right back to losing weight. So before I type one more word here, I'm heading over to the living room to do my toning tape (which along with Spider Solitaire) got lost along the way.
Here I thought I wouldn't be posting until after Thanksgiving and I'm right back here. Love this site!
Judy
234.6/194.3/190 and deeper into onederland
Old 11-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #21  
Turtle Buddy

Hi!

Way to go, Judy. Nice work with NaNo.

Princess, here's a Being out of work makes everything harder. Good luck. Try to check in when you can. We wonder how you (and everyone else who's popped in here) are doing.

Bandit, I love spaghetti squash. Your post makes me think it needs to be on my next shopping list.

Things are going well, still. I've been meeting the challenges I'm facing. I don't even really care that much if I lose or not this week. I've learned so much about determination and coping that I know at least I won't regain the weight if I can keep using the lessons I've learned.

Keep on turtlin'!
Lin S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #22  
Chick

Lin, I love your attitude! You've lost beautifully. Doesn't it feel good to be in control?

Bandit, yes, thanks about spaghetti squash. I love the stuff and have a tiny one sitting in my fridge. It'll be perfect for dinner tonight.

Princess, Happy Thanksgiving. You know we all you.

My WI was fine. I stayed exactly the same as I was two weeks ago. Last week I didn't WI because I feared a gain. I'm eating light today and have been real busy cooking ahead whatever I can for Thanksgiving.

Take care and be well.
Judy
Old 11-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Judy - nice job on not gaining at your weigh in.

I am hoping not to be up tonight as well. But, you never know. I have been pretty good & got in some walks/swims as well. But I did have a few treats over the weekend - but no alcohol since halloween. If I don't drop anything, maybe I should have a few drinks - maybe my body doesn't know what is happening.

Hope you all have a great holiday tomorrow - turkey dinners are always good!
Enjoy
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:37 PM   #24  

Just a stupid question since i am not really all that good at cooking. How do you cut the squash to be like speghetti noodles?
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:44 PM   #25  
Turtle Buddy

Hi!

Cherry, it's really simple. You cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds. Drag a fork lengthwise through the cooked squash and it separates into strands.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #26  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Had a lovely Thanksgiving. Challenge today is being OP without gobbling up all the more fattening leftovers.

to us all.
Cherry, I love the spaghetti squash too. Half of it is that it's so much fun to drag a fork through the squash and see the strands appear. A very low fat, low calorie recipe is to take the cooked squash strands, put them into a casserole dish, top with a drained can to tomatoes (the small can with special flavors like oregano and garlic, etc) and then sprinkle with a couple tablespoons of parmesan cheese and bake it in the oven for 350 for about twenty minutes or so until it's bubbling hot. Yummy and hardly any points. For vegetarians, it's a meal. I like it with a good sized chicken thigh on the side.

Have a great weekend, everyone. My grandkids are being great and it's fun having them here.
Judy
Old 11-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #27  
Turtle Buddy

Good morning!

Just a quick check-in post, since it's my weigh in day. I lost a pound and a half this week. Yay, me!

I have two more restaurant challenges to go--today at the Mexcian place, and I've already decided to spend the money to get shrimp or crab enchiladias, which are lower calorie than chicken or beef, since they're made the same way, but with different protein. I'm not going vegetarian because they use so much cheese that it's higher in points than meat would be. Tomorrow is my birthday and we're going out for brunch. Then I'll be eating at home for a while. YAY! I get to put on my hat and cook.

If I had my way, I'd only eat out as a special treat. I don't like eating out as when I just can't get home for a meal. Those meals tend to be less satisfying because they tend to be more hurried and at restaurants that have lower quality food. But they're a fact of my life I have to live with because the apartment we found that's a perfect home is about a half hour drive from the rest of our lives, if that makes sense.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Keep on turtlin'!
Old 11-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #28  
Chick

Lin What a wonderful birthday present to be down 1 1/2 #
That is phenomenal in the week of eating out that you're doing. Weigh to go~ and :

How nice to check in and see such good news!
Judy
Old 11-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #29  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
To all of us. It's Monday. Mondays are famous because they are the days that we can treat ourselves well.
The first big holiday is over and we're gearing up for Christmas. For me to reach my goal of WI 190# by December 25th, I'm going to have to be up for many challenges.

Here's a and a for all of us. Chime in when you can. It's so helpful to see that someone took the time to write when we log in here.

Judy
Old 12-01-2009, 09:55 AM   #30  
Turtle Buddy

Hi!

Thanks, Judy. Good luck with the challenges you face this month. You can do it.

I'm just checking in. Things are going pretty well for me. I've been handed an exercise boost. With two jobs to juggle, I'm going to be walking to/from trains and buses and around town on errands at least 5 days a week. Nice to get exercise without having to find extra time for it, since with two jobs, I have less extra time to find.

I hope everyone is doing well and managing to stay on track. Let's give Santa help with bringing us one gift we all really want-not starting the New Year with a resolution to lose pounds gained between October 1 & December 31. We can do it, if we plan for challenges, use good strategies, and keep our goals in sight as we maneuver through this challenging month. Here's a great article from the Weight Watcher's site about managing December: http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/a...=44391&sc=3010 . I think there are some great tips so that whatever our goals are, we end up being successful.

Keep on turtlin'!

Last edited by Lin S; 12-01-2009 at 12:13 PM.