Old 09-07-2009, 06:47 AM   #1  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Thursday Chatters for the Month of September

HI Girls! Just thought I'd start the new thread for September! Happy Labor Day and heres some willpower dust to get us through the month!

PS Tina - I don't know how to close the old thread!!!! Can ya help me out? Thanks friend!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

I think we're all in denial that summer's almost over!!
have a good day on program

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:45 AM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Happy Labor Day to us all!!!!
Maureen, do y'all have a holiday like ours?

Jeanne, thanks sooooo much for starting us this month.
There's no need to close down the old thread. It'll just fall to the bottom of the list and finally be out of sight.
School shopping--I bet that's bitter sweet since this is your last one in school. Did you get something for yourself?

I went to Penney's and bought two tops. With all the sales going on, I got them for either $8 or $9 each. What a steal!

I hope everyone has a great holiday. There's no rain here today--just heat.
Larry and I are going out in search of cheap dining room chairs. We have this old table with only 3 chairs left. We've been using a folding chair for the 4th. I hope we find something. I've been looking in magazines. They show people using unmatching chairs. I don't know if my mind can handle that.
Have a good OP day.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all

Yes Tina, we have today off too-same holiday as you but we spell it different lol-Labour Day here!!! the weather is just great not too hot and sunny-nice fall weather it's just too bad that our summer was so bad and short-oh well, I guess when it comes to weather and weight we're never satisfied.

hope we all have a great day-I'm totally off the wall with my program so again I'll say tomorrow

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #5  

Jeanne, I need that willpower dust!!! Congrats on the new laptop!

Tina, the papers for the apartment are signed. It is going to be so nice for them, and it will be nice for me since they are close. Lauren's mom will have a daughter in Chicago, a son, dil, and granddaughter in Michigan, and now Lauren in this little town in Ohio.

I know several little cafes in the area that do the mismatched chair thing, and I think it's kind of neat! Have you had any luck on finding a place yet?

Maureen, as cool as it has been here most of the summer, I'm still waiting for summer!

Classes at the Y start this week. I need to get back into a routine!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
Maureen, that's a big difference in our holidays----a "U."
Tammy, I know you will miss Tim. It was so good when he came home after Bob passed away. But, he won't be too far away.
David's apartment is about 20 minutes from here. He comes to supper once a week. Sometimes he asks if he can bring his laundry. I say, "of course." I even let him use my detergent, if I'm not out.

How is everyone today---Sis, Susan, Dori...

We rented an apartment to stay in until we buy a townhouse. It's only two years old and is beautiful.
Today, we looked several places for cheap chairs. We didn't think they existed until we went to Ikea. We ordered two from there. (They even look very much like ours.)

Last edited by Tina; 09-07-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #7  

I had told Tim that he could still do his laundry here instead of going to the laundrimat or buying a washer and dryer right away. He said he'd furnish his own soap and pay me a bit. I like that idea!! lol

That's great that you found a nice apartment. I have never been to Ikea, but I have heard so much about it. Might have to go there sometime. I'm not even sure where one is around here. Not real close, that's for sure.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:39 AM   #8  
jeanne

Good Morning everyone!

Tina - so jealous.......a townhouse!!!! New chairs!!!!! Ikea!!!!!!! haha! Glad Davids apt. is so close! Funny about the laundry! Jessica never left for school and still lives at home. But.......she is pretty serious with this super nice hard working boy!! haha! Can't tell I like this one! (Finally a nice boy with a job)!!!!!

Tammy - so glad you had such a busy summer and Tim was around so much! Glad to hear he will be fairly close. Funny about his laundry too!!!! Are you enjoying this weather? Pretty soon we will be blessed with the picture of fall foilage!
woohooo! It is such a beautiful time in this area!

Hi Maureen, Dori, & Sis!

I'm off today! I have that Pulmonary Breathing Test today at 1:00! Last week I went to the allergy doctor for testing. I was allergic to everything!!!! They said from grass, to dust & mold! The allergy doctor said that there a few types of astma. In some patients instead of weezing, you are a cougher. Sooooo, perhaps that is what my coughing is from. Oh yea, and I have to go to the dr. office and get allergy shots now. He said 3 once a week. After awhile, maybe 10-14 days in between. Thank goodness for health insurance!!!
Today was Kaitlins first day of school. Yes Tina, bittersweet! We finished our shopping last night and she drove to school today. We all stood on the porch and waved and I still get emotional. Every year for a different reason or step in their lives. Oh well.
Well I better get going. I have a ton of laundry to do. Everyone works tonight and I will be home alone. woohoooo! haha! I say that now, but I'll be all lonely later!
Have a great day girls!
Old 09-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #9  

Jeanne, the weather has been wonderful! I always love to watch the leaves change. I noticed several bean fields today that are turning. That was the first that I had noticed that. How did the testing go?

Tina, how close will you be to David in the new place?

Hello to everyone else! Come and post! We miss you!!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Hi everyone,
Jeanne, I'm so sorry you're having those problems. But, maybe they'll be able to take care of things for you now.

Tammy, bean fields? What kinds of beans? I've never heard of that since we don't have such things around here.
We will not be any closer to David while in the apartment.
I hope your Y classes make you feel good. It's always good to get back to exercising.
I'm looking forward to the exercise room at the apt. They have all types of equipment in there. There's also a Spinning Room. I'm staying far away from that one.

I hope everyone else is doing fine. Like Tammy said, we miss you!
Old 09-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #11  
jeanne

Hi Tina! I believe she is referring to soy bean fields. Lots of farmers, (I was married to one for 22 years) lots of soy bean fields!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 09:40 PM   #12  

Yep, soybeans it is! I'm a definite country girl. Fields everywhere!

That's great about the exercise room at the apartments!!! LOL to spinning! I actually would like to give it a try again sometime.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Thanks y'all for the explanation.
Soy bean fields! I'll have to look up a photo.

Tammy, I remember you did the spinning once--or twice. That's just a little too energetic for me.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #14  
Susan

I am alive!!! Great school year!!!! Great assistant!!!

I took of friday to go to San antonio. Surprised my folks. Daddy is 76 today!!!
I am exhausted because I am up with him at nigh.

Will write more tomorrow... Promise!!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #15  
Thursday Lady

happy Monday!!!
Susan, you are alive! I was about to come up there and see about you. How were your parents doing? You said that you'd stay up with your dad at night.
Tammy, how is exercise going?
Dori, please sign in and let us know about school!!!

Sis, are your leaves turning yet? How are you doing? Take healthy snacks with you to work. Drink your water, too.

Maureen, how was your labour day? What did you do? Any roller blading?

Jeanne, will you be working at another store now? How does Kaitlin like school this year?

We continue to pack boxes. They've got to be light so either of us can carry them. This means that we have lots and lots of boxes.
The time is getting closer and I'm so ready.
Today, I'm opening my Coumadin Cookbook. I bought it several months ago and haven't used many recipes. I have to do something different as I'm so tired of the same ole same ole. If I see a good recipe, I'll share.