Old 10-05-2009, 11:20 PM   #46  
Susan

Welcome back Mimi!!!!

Maureen, I am right there with you!!!

Tina, I am sure it's hard moving!!

I've decided to go home this weekend!! I need to see Daddy and Momma with my own eyes!!! Then I'll go back in 2 weeks for the lady that I use to babysit for when I was 12 almost 13, is getting remarried. The son is a doctor. I haven't seen him in years!!!! Don't know if he will remember me. She is very special so Lu, my sister is going to be my date. she loved our family and her kids were always at the house because I took them over.

Daddy is making progress! Hope he is home soon!!!

Inthnk I must have a stomach bug because it keeps getting upset. Really helps so I'm not eating everything
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #47  

I know how you feel with the packing etc. My doctor asked me yesterday if I had been eating a lot of fast and ready made food. Only for the last 6 months now that we are moved I can settle back into a healthy routine again. WE ALL CAN!!!!!
Mimi4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #48  

Susan, going home sounds like a great idea! Enjoy!!

Tina, how many boxes have you packed? Tim took a couple things to his new place the other night. 1 roll of toilet paper and 1 roll of paper towels. Really ambitious, isn't he?

Hey Mimi!

I leave on Monday morning for Florida. I guess I should start getting things together soon. I look around at the house and think I shouldn't go because it's a mess here! How can I let this happen?
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:24 PM   #49  

So Tina I know you were planning on selling your house. Did you sell it? and Tammy are you moving as well??
FYI I sold my home of 21 years in June and moved to an apartment. My older boy Mike is still living with me (sharing rent) and my younger son Dan is nursing in Alberta.
Alas the last few years I have gone to pot as far as the diet goes and gained back almost all (except for 10 pounds) of what I lost 5 years ago. So I decided to get back on the plan and rejoined weight watchers and took out a 6 month membership. crumbling knee joints and high blood pressure have got to be dealt with. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all again., even though I am weighing in on Mondays now.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #50  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Busy, busy, busy around here. That's why I haven't been posting every day.

Susan, have a safe trip to SA. I hope you find your parents doing better. I hope Pat is feeling better today.

Tammy, you will have sooooo much fun on your trip. You might tell Tim that he needs a few more things in his apartment.

Mimi, I am so happy to see you posting here again!!!!!
We lived in our home 21 years. We haven't closed yet but are beginning the move to an apartment.
Boxes-----Tammy, I have no idea how many we've packed. Then, the moving company will come in and pack up my kitchen.
Get this--the estimator took one look at the kitchen and said he thought I had a lot of stuff in there! I wonder if he's ever told his wife that.

Jeanne, do you have a new job? I don't remember. I know this is a trying time for you and your family. Just stay OP!!!!!

Dori, where are you??????

Sis, how are you doing OP? Please come on in and post. We're here to help and to congratulate.

harlie, you are doing so good! How is your weather?

Maureen, you can do this!!!!! We all can.

I made a new recipe last night. It was 7 pts. a serving. I'll post the recipe.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:06 PM   #51  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Welcome back Mimi!! Welcome aboard Harlie!

Have a great night everyone!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:13 PM   #52  

Mimi, I'm not moving, but my son is moving to an apartment across town. He is getting married in May, and one of the nicer apartments in town became available, so they decided to jump on it. His fiance hasn't even seen it yet! She lives 3 hours away, and her school and work schedules haven't allowed her to be here. She'll be here the 16th, and they will be moving things then. She said she trusted our judgment. I did take some pictures on the digital camera, so she at least has an idea of what it looks like.

I am not on WW any longer, but how could I leave this group! Glad you have returned.

Tina, lol. Tim said he might take a few more things over to the apartment tomorrow after he gets home from school. He doesn't work either place tomorrow night. I have a meeting, so I won't be able to help him. He is going to Lauren's for the weekend, so I thought Saturday maybe I'd get some things together and take over.

That is funny about that guy saying you had alot in your kitchen!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #53  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all. I am finally stopping in to let you all know I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I just get sidetracked and busy sometimes. My DD is a senior this year and its hard to keep up with things sometimes. I am not a good organizer. lol
Lots of stuff going on. Not done great in the OP department but i think I am finally going to be motivated to do this. My DD is still having issues with hyperinsulinism and now has been diagnosed with PCOS and a fat infused liver. She has no choice but to do something about her weight now. She is only going to be 17. She is 5' 11" tall so she doesnt look really big but the problem is that she gains weight inside more than out. She and I have been talking and decided to get back on the WW points system together. She lost weight before by watching carbs but the doctor wants her watch her fat intake as well. I thinks she will do ok on this and we can hopefully motivate each other to do well. She lost 37 lbs before on low carb so I know if she can follow that she will do well on WW.
Anyways that is whats been going on in my neck of the woods. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the fall weather. I love fall. It is my favorite time of the year. Take care everyone and I will try to get back here more often.
Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:27 AM   #54  
Susan

Hey y'all,
it's good to see familiar faces . Ok if I get any larger I think I'll explode! Nw isn't that a picture!! Got to get on track. I've had a stomach bug but hasn't helped me out!

I am going tomorrow after school. Hopefully my flight will be on time. Glad i'm gong too! Know mom and dad will be happy!

Hopefully dad will get to come home soon!

Tammy, at least Tim took the necessary items!!! But one roll of each makes me laugh!!

Off to get my allergy shots! I'm sitting here waiting for the nurse. Then to school.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #55  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Sis, it's good to hear from you.

Tammy, have a super trip.

It's been a busy day. Larry decided to have an impromptu yard sale to empty the garage. It was so cool this morning that we had lots of people come by.

Hi to everyone.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #56  

Hey Ladies! I've been so busy this week, and I haven't been on the computer much at all. I leave at 8:00 in the morning, and I'll be back the evening of the 19th. My friend is bringing her laptop, but I'm not sure when or if I'll get on there. Take care! Love you all! Tammy
Old 10-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi Tammy

Enjoy yourself-take care

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:30 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning-
it's Thanksgiving Day here in Canada today-so I'm off-hurray-I see by my calendar that it's Columbus Day for the American Ladies-do you wish each other happy columbus day? if so "Happy Columbus Day"!!!-

I spoke to a realtor on saturday and I'm getting the ball rolling-I'm going to get a condo - I'll start looking - I think it's the smart thing to do-when I calculate how much rent I'll be paying out in 5 years etc I may as well put it on a mortgage-wish me luck-
as for the weight-it's a sad state of affairs here-I have to get my head on straight and stick to it.
We're having nice fall weather-with the sugar maples around here there's lots of nice colour.
Well, let's all have a super day and again-happy columbus day

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:26 AM   #59  
Thursday Lady

Happy Thanksgiving to Maureen and Mimi!!!!!
And, Maureen, I love your avatar!
Columbus Day here has become more of a day for the department stores to have sales. But, thank you for the greeting.
Good luck condo hunting. It can be fun. It's lots more fun than selling.

Everyone have a fantastic Monday. It's cool here today. Great weather!
Susan, how were your parents?
Dori, how is school?
Sis, I'll bet your weather is nice today.

Jeanne, now that you are away from all the sweets, you can stay OP.
harlie, what's going on with you?
Tammy, is off on her way now. I hope she has a great trip.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #60  

Its 0 degrees C here this morning that means my geraniums will be dead. Kitchener is in the middle of Oktoberfest (beer drinking festival) The big parade should be on as I type this. Happy shopping all you Columbus day celebrators. I will be cooking a small turkey and my standard sweet potatoes, maybe some stuffing and gravy too.
Maureen if you are condo shopping make sure you check out any extra fees. A lot of older condos around here are for sale but have extra fees that have to go to repairs coming up. One that I looked at had $15,000 coming up at the end of the year. I'm sure they would have to disclose things like that but they don't tell you if you are just looking.