Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2001, 05:58 AM   #16  

G'day all,

The board has been very slow.
Sorry to hear about your bronchitis Karen, pleased to hear at least you are now on the improve.
It has been a little cooler here the past few days, though still 32C.
I had a swim last week on a very hot morning and spoke to a lady walking her dog, after a couple of minutes I realised it was a 'girl' I used to see at playgroup when my son was 2!!! My son is now 27. Her and dh have moved just recenly and live 5 minutes walk from my place. It was really nice to meet up with her again after all this time.
We are leaving for Singapore on Saturday, we will be there for a week and then fly back via Melbourne, where my daughter lives, stay there for 2 nights and then back home.
Of course the weather in Singapore is very hot and humid at this time of the year.
A little trip to the US or Canada to cool down for a while would be good
Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria

------------------
http://www.picturetrail.com/flaggies
Old 02-11-2001, 06:01 AM   #17  

PS

Lily and Peggy congratulations on your losses.
I have been strictly OP this week, finding it relatively easy, so should show a loss again.
I am bit worried what to eat whilst away, I think the safest would be to stay away from fried foods.
Cheers
Maria

------------------
Old 02-11-2001, 11:58 AM   #18  

KarenSorry about the bronchitis, but glad you are feeling better now. How was the movie?

Congrats on all you losers. Hope to be joining you all in the morning. I weigh on Tuesday nights with my group, but think I will continue with Sunday a.m. for this thread and for Dottis. I have been OP (for First Place) since Tuesday so hope their will be a loss. I really got discouraged with WW when their was only 1.75# loss in 3 weeks of being strictly OP. I had one error of miscounting some points for pretzels, but even with the miscount I was still OP. That is not why I changed to First Place. I have no axe to grind with WW---I think it is a marvelous plan. We had been kicking the idea around for a while about starting First Place and it just all came together a few weeks ago. The timing was just right. I just didn't want anyone to think I quit doing WW because of dissatisfaction. I know their are plateaus, etc. I just never hit one so early on.

Sure do miss Slavika. Does anybody else notice how quiet it is around here? Hope she is having fun. Maria, hope your trip is fun too. Don't be afraid of eating out. You can get a baked potato, salad, and some grilled shrimp or chicken almost anywhere. You are right about avoiding the fried food. If you keep focused on your goal, you will be fine.

I am fixing to start doing some plastic canvas Barbie furniture. I have the patterns for the living room and the bedroom. It will be a lot of work, but I hope it turns out well. I haven't done much of that and what I have done was rather simple. This looks pretty involved.
Old 02-11-2001, 08:12 PM   #19  

Good morning all,

Well I think I am almost 100% again. Had a good night and the sleep sure helps.

We didn't stay in Brainerd for the movie as there wasn't going to be an after noon movie and don't like to fight the Saturday night crowds at the movie. Too many people and I can't breath.

Went to Walmart and bought a 6 ft tall bookcase. So now you can see the floor in my computer room again. It was getting so bad . WW drop ships all the new stuff and beleive me it's a lot.

Today we are baking a ham and DS and his family will be here for supper.

And to day my DD is back from Cancun. talked to her eariler in the week and she was having a blast.

Lily congrats on the .8 you are so close to goal that a .8 loss is a major thing. Just keep on keeping on .

Old 02-12-2001, 10:29 AM   #20  

Just checking in to post my results for the week. Of course this doesn't tell the true story because I didn't have the courage to weigh last week because I knew I had gained 4 or 5 pounds. This week shows .5 loss, but if I hadn't been such a chicken last week it would show a fantastic loss. At least I am on the downward spiral again. And I have faithfully kept all my First Place commitments this week.

30-3.25-1.75+1.75-1.75-.5=24.5
Old 02-13-2001, 02:38 AM   #21  
Super Surfer

Hi gals, hope everyone is having a great day.
Slavika e-mailed me over the weekend, and as predicted, she is having a great time. She is such a nice person, we all miss her.
Geri..I am sure you will do well with First Place. You sound very committed, and that is 1/2 the battle. Good you had a loss this week. I'm pulling for you.
Karen.. How's the bronchitis? I hope you are starting to feel better. Not sure I want to see "Hannibal", I read the review and is sure sounds gory. Was it you who had a relative diagnosed with Fibromyalgia? I am reading a good book called "Fibromyalgia and the Mind Body Spirit Connection". It is a 7-step practical guide to help learn how to use the strength of the connection of your mind, body, and spirit to overcome the symptoms, improve sleep and feel better. I feel it is a good book to recommend.
Lily.. I'm sure you feel great about dropping down another size. 10 lbs from goal already. You are doing just great.
Donna..Sorry Craig and Tanya had a break in. That is such a terrible invasion. I am still not completely over our break in. It leaves you feeling so vulnerable.
Glenda..Great news about the expected grandson. They've chosen a nice name.

Has anyone tried the new WW site? I am so disappointed with it. They really don't let you see too much without paying the fee of $12.95. I won't be going there.

Talk to you later...
Old 02-13-2001, 04:11 AM   #22  
Fun Blonde

Karen - We went to see "Hannibal" Saturday night. It was sold out almost as soon as the tickets became available. I know I would have seen it no matter what, but I just cannot recommend it to anybody. My son said, after the show, that is a very "disturbing" show, and I agree. It was almost just too much. We watched the first one on video before we went to the show, and you would be surprised at how less gory the first one is. I just cannot get some of those images from "Hannibal" out of my mind.

So proud of all the losses. I am floating along and not keeping to anything. I just want to get back on the straight and narrow so bad and I just keep messing up. I am so disgusted with myself.
Glenda
Old 02-13-2001, 04:22 AM   #23  
Life Time 2001

Geri: Good for you! A loss is a loss. Sounds like you enjoy this new program and thats what is important.

Maria: Sounds like a fun trip! Enjoy it.

Trudy: Glad Slavika is having a good time. Course there no way she couldnt in Hawaii.

Karen: Glad you are getting back to normal!. Still take care of yourself so it doesnt come back.

Glenda: Well I for sure wont be going to see or Renting Hannibal then. I didnt like the first one and if this is worse then forget it. Im sure DH will rent it. But I will play on puter while he watches!
Old 02-13-2001, 05:14 AM   #24  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: Forgot... Yes I checked at the WW site and was disappointed also.
I thought we, being paying memebers already would get to use the e-tools. But no, even with the pass code you cant even look until you give them a credit card. So I said no thanks and left. Wont pay more money on something that I can get free else where, or dont need.
I did want to check them out tho. Think its sad you cant even use before you decide if you want to or not. Most Software company's allow a trail period so I dont see why WW cant allow a trail deal to.

Didnt like the rest of the new site either so I wont be going back my self.

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 02-12-2001).]
Old 02-13-2001, 05:20 AM   #25  

G'day all,

Well done Geri on your weight loss.
It is a wonderful cool day here today, we even have had a good drop of rain and the garden is loving it!
My loss this week .6 , I am a slow looser, so I am reasonably pleased I am on that downward spiral
Pleased to hear Slavika is having an enjoyable holiday, good for her.
Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria

------------------
Old 02-14-2001, 12:34 AM   #26  

Hi everyone, It is so dull, gray and rainy here. I think I have a case of the "blahs". My painting lady called and is bringing me some stuff to paint for her - that will keep me busy. Maybe keep me from going into the kitchen and seeing if some new things like chocolate appeared. Have fun on your trip, Maria. Hannibal has not gotten good reviews here. I don't think I want to see it. It sounds too wierd for me. How's the Barbie furniture coming along, Geri? It sounds cute. I would take whatever loss I could. Why can you put on a couple of pounds overnight and then take a couple of weeks to take them off? Time for a quick walk. Peggy
Old 02-14-2001, 12:55 AM   #27  

Well, After hearing about that movie i've decided not to see it. If a movie is going to affect me in any way i want to feel good!

Trudy Yes it was me who had a relative diagnosed with Fibromylgia. Turns out she didn't have it after all. She wouldn't accept that she really had it and went to see an allergest. Turns out she is allergic to dairy products. Once she got off them she felt like she could lick the world.

Once years ago we had a person break into our home while we were sleeping. My DH was sick and so were the kids so I was sleeping on the sofa so I could run between them when needed. Anyway DH woke up and saw someone trying to take the TV from the room where he was sleeping. He jumped out of the bed in a sick stuper and chased the man through the house . The man, on the way out grabbed my purse. The joke was on him I only had about 20 cents in there in those days we lived from hand to mouth. Any way we called police and they found nothing. The next morning I saw out my kitchen window my purse neatly set in the grass I guess the guy felt sorry for us even the 20 cents was there. I agree though that it leaves you feeling very vulnerable. I didn't sleep for weeks at night used to set up with a ball bat in my hands. As soon as it got daylight I was able to sleep. That went on for weeks.

Got to go. check you out later.
Glad Slavika is having a good time.
Old 02-14-2001, 03:36 AM   #28  
Super Surfer

Hi ladies...
I am sitting here with 3 sweaters on... we are having our furnace repaired, and the heat will be off for about 3 hours. My hubby was doing some furnace cleaning yesterday when he noticed that we had a problem. Sure enough, the Gas Co. came out and we need some parts replaced, but the real shocker was carbon monoxide was being emitted into the house at a low level. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//nervous.gif I hadn't been feeling well for a few days, and blamed it on other things. I've had lots of headaches and nausea for days now. This repair job will cost us plenty $$$$$, but it will be worth it.
Karen.. That would be a nightmare, waking up to find someone in the house. I thought it was bad coming home to find someone had broken in, but your experience was definitely worse. We have an alarm system now, but when my DH was in the hospital I put chairs under the door knobs, it made me feel a bit safer. What a world we live in. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//insane.gif
Peggy.. I have a new chocolate treat. I got it from Salle's Newsletter a while back. 1 packet of Fat Free Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate and 1 tsp. of decaf coffee. It tastes like Mocha Expresso. It is what saves me on the afternoons I can't stay out of the kitchen.
I agree with you, can gain 3 lbs on a weekend and it will take 1 month to lose it, if I am lucky.
Maria.. I was :confused: ~ I thought you had gone to Singapore already. I guess it is this weekend that you go. Happy to hear you are down .6 ~ be very pleased about it. You are going in the right directon.
Lily.. I think it is the pits that WW has made their site so exclusive. Looks like we can go there just to get the recipe of the day. I made the Frosted Banana Muffins this week, and they were quite good for 2 pts a muffin. The site isn't good at all.
Glenda.. Last night Jay Leno had Gary Oldham on the show and they had a clip of Hannibal. Too graphic for me. I found Silence Of The Lambs hard to take.
Don't be disgusted with yourself, you are only human, and sometimes we just can't be perfect. Just keep trying, you will get back OP. Like Dotti said, "just one day at a time..."
Well, I am going to go and make supper..Deviled Salmon. It was a recipe I found on Dotti's board, and it is really quite good.

See you all later

[This message has been edited by Trudy (edited 02-13-2001).]
Old 02-14-2001, 03:39 AM   #29  

G'day all,

After being all set to go to Singapore on Saturday, it was all changed yesterday!!!!
We are now leaving tomorrow morning for Hong Kong for at least 2 weeks.
Initially it threw me a bit as we had planned to visit our daughter on the way back from Singapore. She told me yesterday of the plans she had for when we would be there. She was very disappointed when I told her that our plans had changed.
However all is not lost, our flights have been changed and I will first fly to Melbourne and visit my daughter for 2 days before flying on to Hong Kong, dh will be going to Sydney to be briefed on what he has to do in Hong Kong and we should meet up in Hong Kong sometime on Sunday
I told dh that it is just as well that I can adapt to change
The other bonus is that it is not that hot in HongKong as it would have been in Singapore. So after initial disappointment and panic, it has probably worked out for the best. I don't know if I have any access to the 'net whilst away, but I will be thinking of you and will be doing my upmost to continue this downward weight spiral
Cheers
Maria

------------------
Old 02-14-2001, 04:56 AM   #30  

Thank you for the chocolate tip Trudy. It sounds simple enough and will calm the chocolate craving. I got that salmon recipe at Dotti's. I am glad to hear that it is good. Am going to try it next week. Maria have fun wherever you end up. My next door neighbor was robbed 2 years ago. She is a widow in her 80's and she still doesn't feel safe. We felt bad because we were home when it happened - our dog was barking like crazy. You feel violated. My son saw Hannibal last nite and he liked it so I know for sure that I would NOT. Peggy
Closed Thread