Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2001, 08:31 AM   #31  

Hi Everyone

Margot,way to go on your 100lb loss! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//spinning.gif You are doing great. More than half way there,right on! I hope your sniffles are gone,soon.
GeriAre you on antibiotics for your infection. Ouch that smarts!
Don't be discouraged with last week,that is the past already. We can't do anything about the past but forgive ourselves,and move on. We are all rooting for you this week. You can do it.

Karen Way to go on reaching Goal! Doesn't it feel great?

MariaWe sure could use a warm knitted sweater up here! Maybe I can swap you for Slavika's tree skirt. She won't be home for awhile....And besides that how is she going to notice until next christmas?lol

I have been reading the posts faithfully. Just not posting. My DD seems to be much better this week. I think that her meds finally kicked in. She still has suicidal tendencies so we need to watch her carefully. I am very tired. I don't have any energy. My next test is scheduled for April. That is on the urgent list. Boy what would they do if I was dying?
Lat week we finally got a cleanning lady. She will come every wednesday afternoon for 4 hours. That seems to take some stress off the whole family.
Well my DS is calling me so I better go see what's up....
Take care everyone!

DEE

Old 02-05-2001, 11:06 AM   #32  
Super Surfer

Lily..no Skinny Cow's coming across the border for awhile . Looks like something I would like too.
Geri..Do you find that once you bite a spot inside the cheek, you just keep on doing it every time you eat anything? YIKES, that must have been painful.
Don't you beat yourself up for slipping off program... Slavika wouldn't "cluck" you http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif, after all you are only human, we all have moments of temporary insanity. It isn't like you are giving up. I am not familiar with First Place, maybe you can share some of it with us.
Maria..80 miles is a fair way off, but I guess the smoke must be in the sky. I know when we have forest fires in the summer, the smoke drifts into the city when the wind is in the right direction. I agree, the scale shows every little indiscretion. Not fair!
I like to knit too, but find it hard on the eyes now, also I get quite stiff in the neck. It's a Fibro thing.
Hi Dee.. It's nice to see you posing again. I am really glad your DD is improving. Now what are we going to do about you? I guess the cleaning lady will help keep the stress level down. I remember when I was your age http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif (I sound more like my Mom every day)...I used to fret about the house being perfect, and every meal being on time..I'm glad to say those days are gone forever.

I kind of like this quote "Life is not a problem to be solved, but a gift to be enjoyed"

Goodnight all.. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//sleep.gif
Old 02-05-2001, 10:17 PM   #33  
Life Time 2001

Geri: Sorry to hear about your lapse. Sounds like you going to do something else that will help. Of course you can post here if you arent doing WW. Dont be silly! Do what you need to get your weight off. You would be missed if you quit posting.

Maria: Glad the bush fires are far away. Lucky DD, she gets a new jacket. Wish I could do something like that. Bet she will love it!

Dee: Good to see you. Gald DD is doing better. Good for you getting a cleaning lady. That will help you alot. And you will love it to! Now dont going running around and cleaning before she gets there either!
I have someone come every 2 weeks and I love it. I did go around and clean at first but then realized thats what I pay her for.

Trudy: I bet those Skinny cows get there soon though. Great quote!
Saw a spooky movie this Sat. What Lies Beneath with Harrison Ford and
Michelle Pfeiffer. Was really spooky had me jumping! But it was good.
Old 02-06-2001, 01:16 AM   #34  

Hi everyone, Margot, You are an inspiration. Congratulations - you must be on cloud 9. Geri just hang in there - everyone has their bad days and weeks. Just do whatever program works for you. Maria I wish I could knit. Maybe then my hands would stay warm. Hope you have a good weigh in tomorrow. Glenda I hope everything is going well with you. I will miss Survivor this week. We are going down to one of the Indiana gambling boats. I am taking my pennies. I am still rooting for Rodger. I think they are a meaner bunch this time too. What is a skinny cow? Ice cream? See you tomorrow, Peggy
Old 02-06-2001, 03:51 AM   #35  
Fun Blonde

Well, I have been missing this last week because I have just been too tired emotionally. Today was the last of the funerals for the young men. But last Wednesday was the memorial for them. My boss prepared the message. He did such a good job and so many have said he should have been a preacher. He is just a very Christian man who spoke from the heart. I am sorry that this accident happened with all my heart, but I am so proud of OSU because of the way they have handled it. The President told the families that the whole OSU family would "encircle you with love." Such a moving ceremony!

Margot - You have got to be the happiest one woman in California. You have lost a small person and have done it in style. How is your husband doing? Your health has got to be so much better!

Maria - Taking orders for knit jackets? If it is so hot there, how can you stand to have something that warm in your lap and around you? I used to crochet and loved to do it in the winter because the yard in my lap kept me warm.

Geri - Any way you can get it off! I would imagine that your church program is sensible? Then it is probably close to WW. If it work, go for it. Just don't give up!

Lily - I looked at the Skinny Cows site and Oklahoma wasn't even listed. Phooey! How is your electricity problem doing? I have certainly read a lot about it lately. I read about a college who signed one of those agreements to shut off electricity when there was an emergency and this year they have had to shut down with 30 minutes warning or get a huge penalty. What a bummer!

Thank you all for thinking about us here this week.

My older son is getting married in Maui June 2nd. We can't afford to go, but sure would love to. This is his third marriage (age 31) and I kidded him and said I have been to all of his marriages, but that maybe I was the jinx. Anyway, this one is the true love of his life. She is just wonderful!

Dee - What would they do in Canada health care if you were in desperate trouble? See you in a week? My goodness, when do people ever get elective surgeries?
Glenda
Closed Thread