Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2001, 11:08 AM   #16  
Super Surfer

Hi gals, we just got home, and I am not the least bit tired, so I thought I would come and see what is new here.
Donna if dentistry hadn't progressed the way it has, I wouldn't have any teeth left. I have been going every 6 months for as long as I can remember. Your poor "ole rottie", he must have really been feeling awful to want to see the Vet. I hope the Vet was able to help.
Maria Our WW leader always encourages us to measure instead of focus on the scale. I haven't taken any measurements in a long time, but after reading your news, I think I will give it a go too.
Dee and Slavika I hope you both got out today, the weather was so beautiful, spring is coming, I can feel it.

We went to IMAX tonight and saw three really good movies. Amazing Journeys; Cirque du Soleil - Journey of Man; and Everest. We enjoyed them all.

Hope you're all having a great weekend.
Old 01-28-2001, 11:10 AM   #17  
Net browser

Hi Everybody Busy and happy day for me today. DH and I went to the bank and got our traveller's cheques for our holidays.....that's a happy part. I almost cleaned out my "little" Canada pension account....that's not a happy part. Cost us $1.50 Canadian to buy $1.00 U.S. that's not really a happy part either. Ok, now comes another happy part.
We went out for dinner with my brother and his wife (their treat)and had a very nice time. Lots of talking, laughing and way to much eating.
Geri http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//nervous.gif oh Lordy do I ever know how you felt in that dentist's chair. I hope that tooth my dentist fixed lasts me forever.
Maria heavy heavy sedation...yes that would work very well for me. Maybe I need to find a new dentist, mine does not sedate me. Donna ah.......poor doggie, let us know how he is doing. Aren't they just the most pitful things when they are not feeling well. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif
HI TRUDY how was your evening? "Talk" to you all tomorrow. Night http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//sleep.gif
Old 01-28-2001, 09:06 PM   #18  

Good morning all,

Well i think I've got my computer back running as before. What a pain to have it crash. Now I have been surfing trying to recover all of the information I've collected since "97".

Now then my gas bill that I was so scared to get. Well looks like it will be spring before the price increase will affect me. We are on what is called a budget payment plan where we pay the same payment year round. Once a year they recalculate our bill and it either goes higher or lower depending on the amount of Gas we have used over the winter. So you will hear me screaming then http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//nervous.gif

Dee Glad to see your DD is home . How is it going. Our Kids have a way of making us feel like no matter what happens it all our fault especially when it's not good. There were times while my kids were growing up that I wondered what planet they came from. (sometimes I still wonder) Anyway hope all is going well. Your trip to the emg-room sounds like a few that I've made. Did they say it was "GERD" That pain is awful

Lily Thanks for all your help. This time I will make a backup floppy disk of everthing I save. I bought an anti-virus thing to put in the computer now just have to figure out what to do. I can also use my recipe program again as DH http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif replaced the CD drive thingy on the tower.

Slavika I see you are almost ready to go on vacation. I remember you were gone when I joined this group.

Donna weigh to go 2# gone Happy dance for you. Hows your dog doing??

Gerri when I first met you yiu were in the dentist chair. I would not like to be in your shoes . I too am afraid of the dreaded dentist. 25 days on program GOOD FOR YOU

Maria Good idea taking measurements that is where progress shows when the numbers on the scale don't make us happy.

Well go to go and get breakfast.
Karen

[This message has been edited by Karen L (edited 01-28-2001).]
Old 01-28-2001, 10:31 PM   #19  

Hi to all, Lily, thanks for the link. I know how you feel Geri, I hate going to the dentist. I've had a trip to the endodonist - he had a picture of him flying his plane in the room so we could see what we were paying for. Donna, I hope your dog is o.k. - I hate to see animals in pain. Well Maria, I am going to get the ole tape measure out today - that will be depressing. Out trip to Indy yesterday turned out to be a surprise 60th birthday party for me and a 50th for my sil. It was a total surprise. Today I will have to walk a few extra laps in the park. Have a nice day, Peggy
Old 01-29-2001, 12:20 AM   #20  
Life Time 2001

Karen: Glad you got it all fixed! Sure is a pain when it happens.

Slavika: Its coming fast! Are you ready to go? Last chance to let me go in your place

Donna: Poor puppy. Hope he is gonna be ok. Way to go on the loss!

Peggy: Measuring does help. For me, as Im a slow loser it shows me that Im still losing in inches. Happy Belated Birthday to you!

Trudy: I would like to see the movie Everest. One of these days when I can drag Hubby out. Hes working way to much these days.

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 01-28-2001).]
Old 01-29-2001, 01:16 AM   #21  
donna p

morning all

Happy 60th Peggy. It sounds like you had a good day.

Well Tyson(my dog) only had a 'hot spot' on the side of his face which by scratching at it he had irritated it....so he is now on the road to recovery and feeling lots more comfortable.

Well it is dull and damp today. I find these kinds of days depressing but I am going off to the material store in a bit to look at some material and then we are going to the lumber store. DH is going to rebuild my home office working area since I have some more clients. I need more storage area and file drawers so we are going to see what we can do.

Have a good op day all and hi to everyone....donna

Old 01-29-2001, 03:10 AM   #22  

Hi everyone, hope you are having a great day. Mine has been very hectic so far. Had 4 of the grands here last night. They spent the night, so I have 4 bundles of energy going strong since 6 a.m. Getting them all ready for church and back and forth was a job.

I weighed this morning and am ready to bawl. I have avoided those scales all week because I was waiting for this morning to weigh. I only lost 1.75 (just what I had gained last week) so essentially I haven't lost diddly in 2 weeks. That is very discouraging! It looks like I am getting nowhere fast.

30-3.25=26.75-1.75=25+1.75=26.75-1.75=25

28 days OP

[This message has been edited by Geri (edited 01-28-2001).]
Old 01-29-2001, 05:10 AM   #23  

G'day all,
A magnificent day here today but more heat on the way
DH went off on another business trip this morning. He wanted me to go with him but where he is going (Surfers Paradise, Queensland) it is quite tropical, so I would rather stay at home and do as I please
The batteries in my scale are flat so I cannot weigh myself but I feel I would have done OK. Geri it is so frustrating but at least you got rid of what you gained last week. My weigh in tomorrow morning, I am keeping my fingers crossed.
I never bothered about measuring a great deal either but after the pleasant surprise last week, the tape measure is now part of my weight loss kit http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif
By the way talking of movies, I saw Castaway with Tom Hanks, I can highly recommend it. I really like Tom Hanks, I think he is a great actor and deserved his golden globe award.
Belated birthday wishes for your 60th Peggy, how nice to get a surprise party.
Have a great day all
Cheers
MAria

------------------
http://www.picturetrail.com/flaggies
Old 01-29-2001, 07:46 PM   #24  
Net browser

Good Morning Everybody Today is the actual date of DEE'S BIRTHDAY
~~~~~~~~HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEE~~~~~~~~~~
Love Slavika
Old 01-29-2001, 09:35 PM   #25  
Life Time 2001

Now you tell us.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEE!!!
Old 01-29-2001, 11:42 PM   #26  

Dee, hope you have a wonderful day full of good things. I stayed the same over the weekend - as Martha Stewart says - that's a good thing. Slavika - have a great vacation. Send us some sunshine and tropical breezes.
Old 01-30-2001, 02:33 AM   #27  
Fun Blonde

All, we are having a very sad time in my part of the world. I don't know if you have heard the story about the plane crash with 2 college basketball players and some media people. Ten people were killed Saturday evening after a basketball game in Colorado. There were 3 airplanes and one went down in the bad weather. We here at OSU have just been stunned. One of the victims was Bill Teegins, the "Voice of the Cowboys." He was on our local channel in the sports dept, and he was very well loved. I believe altogether there were 6 young men under 30 who died. This is just so hard. We are having a memorial service on Wednesday at our basketball arena and everyone is trying to make this all happen, answer reporters, deal with the investigators, etc. It is not a happy time in Oklahoma. This is dangerous! When sad or under a lot of stress, guess where I turn? TO FOOD! Help me!
Glenda
Old 01-30-2001, 04:11 AM   #28  
Flying Fingers

Hi Everyone,
I let myself get behind again. Hope I can remember everything I just read!!
First things first --- Dee: A great, big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!! Hope your day was a very special one. Sorry about your ER visit the other night. How is DD doing?
Peggy: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to you! How nice to have a real surprise party. Glad everyone was able to keep it secret so you could "honestly" enjoy the surprise.
Glenda: Yes, the plane crash and loss of those lives was very tragic. I just hate hearing sad news like that. Just makes me realize how quickly anything can happen. I must learn to be more appreciative of those I love and the blessings I have. Hang in there and try not to turn to food for comfort.
Maria: Saw some pretty Australian scenery on the new Survivor show last night. I told my husband I was not going to start watching it this time. But.... my favorite show on TV, The Practice, was a re-run last night, so I ended up watching the last half of Survivor. I might be hooked! DH and I saw the CastAway a few weeks ago. It was very good and I, too, think Tom Hanks is a terrific actor. I was a little disappointed with the ending, though. I like movie endings to be more spelled out and specific. But it was a great movie.
Slavika: When is the big day that you leave for your trip? Boy, I would love to be going to Hawaii! Have a fabulous time for ALL OF US!! Hard to believe it's been a whole year already.
Karen: Glad you got your pc running again. What a pain, though. I've heard computer techs say, "It's not a matter of if your hard drive will crash; it's a matter of when." I got my DD a CD Writer for Christmas and have used it to back-up the hard drive on my computer. I only hope that I did it right. It took 5 CDs to hold my hard drive. Have any of you backed-up on a CD Writer?
Geri: Yuck!! Sorry you had to endure that nasty dentist again. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//nervous.gif You really should ask him about that "laughing gas." I've never had it, but I understand it is quite wonderful, as Maria said.

Gotta run now. (This sure does take me a long time.)
Josie
Old 01-30-2001, 06:06 AM   #29  
Net browser

Hi Everybody We leave for Maui on Saturday. Our son (bless his heart) is taking us to the airport. We have to be there at 5:00AM. We don't mind taking a taxi but we don't want to take our winter jackets with us, so this is good. We'll leave the jackets with our son and he'll bring them back to us when he picks us up at the end of the month. I promised myself when I got to goal weight I would get a manicure every week.....well I never went one single time. My nails are just awful so I arranged to get them done on Friday.
Boy does that gal ever have her work cut out for her. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif
PEGGY belated Happy 60th Birthday to you. It's truly a great age to be. You know LILY my husband does not care to much for movies either. I was trying to think of the last time we actually went together and I think it was two years ago. Oh, sorry we took the grandchildren together to see a children's movie.
DONNA, I'm happy your "Tyson" is doing better. GERI, stick with it, the weight will come off. I know it can be painfully slow sometime. GLENDA, it is so sad when a plane crashes. It affects not only family and friends, but everybody who hears about it.
MARIA, good luck to you with your weigh in. It's my weight watchers meeting tomorrow but I don't have to weigh in.......good thing.
Have a nice evening everybody, I'll pop on by later.
Old 01-30-2001, 07:34 AM   #30  

G'day all,
I had my weigh in this morning and stayed the same . I am really quite disappointed as I stuck to the program very rigidly.
I had my jawline waxed after weigh in, perhaps I should have done it before weigh in .
I don't seem to be getting anywhere fast, I am not overly keen on the leader, doesn't seem to give a great deal of information and it is left more or less up to the members to share ideas (which we do on the net anyway). One of the reason for attending this particularly group is because I ride my bike there which is good excercise. I am now intending to attend the meeting just one block away from where I live which is on Monday evenings. I have also decided NO alcohol this week (I do enjoy my glass (or 2)of red wine ) and see if that will make a difference eventhough I allowed for the alcohol.
I will be sticking to it but really hope I get some good results soon.
Cheers
Maria

------------------
http://www.picturetrail.com/flaggies
Closed Thread