oh yes I LOVE those Hawaiian rolls

We did pulled pork in the crock pot a while back,
    Cooked all day in 3 cans of Coconut milk
    Only 50 calories per serving

But you dump out most of the milk when it's done cookin'

good thing was I found the milk at the .99 cent store

We served it on a bed of rice, cheep

Basic Hawaiian Macaroni Salad

You will encounter many different versions of macaroni salad in Hawaii, but the most common and most popular version is also the most simple: Macaroni and mayonnaise with a little grated carrot, salt, and pepper. Many other ingredients can also be added, such as pickles, olives, hard cooked eggs, bits of meat, onions, mustard, and anything else that appeals to you.

Salad Ingredients:

Macaroni
    Grated Carrots
    Mayonnaise
    Milk (optional)
    Salt and Pepper

Instructions:

Cook macaroni till tender, then drain and rinse with cold water. Add grated carrots and mayonaise, and add a little (only a little) milk if it seems too thick and pasty. Season with salt and pepper to taste
  • Saturday 3.0
    You got to check out this fruit center piece

http://www.toppartyideas.com/easy-ha...od-and-snacks/

Don't forget about Oriental Trading Co.
    They are on line
    and cheep on party decor
  • Hey Turtles, you really move fast! Loads of good ideas for the luau, Princess. As a matter of fact, pulled pork sounds so good and easy that I think I'll try that for my next luau!
    Also love the site Msmeri sent us to. Lots of cute ideas.
    Judy
  • Morning all and happy Sunday to everyone. Cooler here today, thank you! Got lots of yard chores done yesterday and then did some beef on the grill for supper last night. The heat was draining and I went to bed early but over all it was a nice day.

Thank you all very much for the suggestions and websites that you posted. I really appreciate it! They were all helpful and I think I have a basic outline of the menu... just waiting for the rest of the guest list to get turned over to me so that I can get the invites out... the shower is July 25th... waiting for the lists is point of frustration for me as time is short and I am getting ignored from the people that told me they would gladly get me the information for the friends and family members that I don't know, they were eager to help and now have disappeared... ugh!

Bandit: Yep, it is basically pulled pork and I was thinking that the crockpot would work really well for that. I like those little sandwiches too, but you are right, you rarely see them offered anymore.

Judy: It seems that Luau's are in the air... just a note, the dollar stores in our area have a ton of luau decorations, etc... maybe you can get to your local one and get some things for your event?

Meri: Loved the website that you posted! Thanks so much! The cake sounds wonderful!

Have to run... have weeds in the veggie garden again so I have to get moving.
  • Luau anyone? Princess, I'm sending : and to you to help with your party planning. Hmmm., no addressses from people who promised to get your addresses? What goes with that? I hope they all come through very soon. Thanks for the tip about Dollar Stores and luau decortions, etc. When we shopped at Trader Joe's, we also checked out the dollar store near us and it was a lot of fun.

Okay, I had a near perfect diet weekend and I'm holding onto my weight loss. I hope to keep the weight off tomorrow for a good WW WI. I'm taking my dear friend to lunch tomorrow and I know what I'll have. It's exasperating to have to go out the day before my WI. Even if I eat everything right, the salt is tricky for me. The only day she could go out (lots of family problems) is Tuesday. I may WI the day before!

Gotta run and get a few things done. Have a great Monday.
    Judy
    234.6/?/204.6 and closer to 30# down!
  • Marvelous Monday
    Howday all,

Did good at the party Sunday. Stayed away from alcohol, ate before I went. Still went over points but I am ok with that. Not that I wanted to or planned to. Just feel I did well considering my surroundings.

Saturday, our friends 3rd child's Birthday Party. YEA stayed within points. Wen we go there most people were eating a very late lunch. I wanted some. But I told my self I had already had lunch before I came, and it certainly was not dinner time. We got home after 9:00 and I ate a smart ones very late but I force myself to eat. Was only around 900+ calories for the day. I gave myself a skinny cow ice cream (new choc. peanut butter) Still ended up at 18 points for the day. Only 1 fruit and veggi

Judy- Have a good time at lunch with your friend, you deserve it after a good weekend staying on track.

Princess
    - the shower is on my birthday, can I come?

Bandit - How was the get to gether? Did you chit chat with your friend?

Ayla - How did you do this week end?

Chirly - I gonna send out the hounds.
  • Hi turtles:

Princess - hope your shower plans are improving

Msmeri - good job at your party

Judy - hope you have a great weigh in & hope you have a "point friendly" lunch with your friend. It is hard to socialize sometimes, especially before weigh in - but I am sending you "skinny vibes" & hope they help you at the scale.

My weekend was pretty good. Had 2 coolers when I was out & they are very high in points for a drink, but drank lots of water before going to bed, so hope that helps.

Judy - I made your veggie pie AGAIN yesterday and actually had a piece for my breakfast today & another piece with my salad for lunch. That is one of my favorite recipes & if anyone here has not made this, then they are really missing out. It is soooooooooo good. Thanks again, Judy!!!

Well, heres to a good OP week for everyone!
  • Did I hear pie?
    Veggie pie...

What's in it

It doesn't have a crust dose it?

Do you have to peel and chop a lot?

• Morning all and happy Tuesday to everyone! It is going to beautiful here today, sunny and in the low 70's, it does not get much better then that! Had to take DH car into the shop yesterday, needed an oil change and had a service engine soon light that was on... I just knew when the service guy came into the waiting room that the news was not going to be good...ugh. He had a very long list of things that needed to be done, I picked the most urgent ones and told him that the rest would have to wait. I really hope that I find a job soon...LOL.

Bandit: I love the veggie pie recipe, Have made it a couple of times and it is very good. Good luck at your W/I this week! Those cooler drinks are nice but you are right, they are high in points.

Judy: I was at Walmart yesterday to get more invites for the shower, they have a lot of luau stuff that is pretty cheap right now... hope this helps. I was told by others that the ones called "Dollar Tree" and "Dollar Deals" are the ones with the luau stuff right now, not sure if you have any by that name though. Good luck to you on your W/I this week! I know you will do great!

Meri: Sure you can come! I have said it often, I wish that we all lived closer so that we could do things together from time to time =) But we are scattered far and wide in this group, from one coast to the other and even the great north and south...LOL. It would take a miracle for us all to be at an event together. I think that the "crust" of the veggie pie is bisquick (the light kind) if I remember correctly but don't have my recipe right here and have not made it recently.
  • Two - Bite Brownies
    TWO-BITE BROWNIES
    Hands-on time: 20 minutes
    Time to table: 1 hour
    Makes 24

* 1/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
    * 1 cup sugar
    * 2 eggs
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla
    * 1 tsp instant espresso or instant coffee dissolved in 1 teaspoon water
    * 1 cup flour, fluffed to aerate before measuring
    * 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    * 1 teaspoon cinnamon
    * 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    * 1/4 teaspoon table salt (omit if using salted butter)
    * 1/4 cup toasted pecans or walnuts, optional

Preheat oven to 350°F.

In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, mix until well combined. Add the coffee liquid and vanilla, mix until well combined. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients until combined.

Spray a mini muffin tray with baking spray. With two small spoons (one to scoop, one to scrape), fill the cups with brownie batter, smoothing the tops a bit when through. Bake for just 12 to 15 minutes until a bit puffy but still soft to the touch. Let cool for 10 minutes. With a small knife, gently work the brownies out of the pan.

Brownies may be made the day before but should be iced and sprinkled with colored sugar only a couple of hours before serving. Gently insert the blunt end of a skewer into the brownie, then insert the pointed end of a skewer an inch or more into a watermelon half.

BROWNIE ICING

Hands-on time: 10 minutes
    Time to table: 10 minutes
    Makes enough for 24 Two-Bite Brownies

* 2 tablespoons salted butter
    * 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
    * 1/2 tablespoon corn syrup
    * 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
    * 1/2 cup powdered sugar
    * Milk (start with a teaspoon)

In a mixing bowl, mix butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Add just enough milk to thin to the desired consistency.

NUTRITION ESTIMATE Brownies only, with/without nuts, Per Brownie: 69/61Cal; 3/2g Tot Fat;
    2/1g Sat Fat; 22mg Cholesterol;
    49mg Sodium; 10g Carb; 1g Fiber; 8g Sugar; 1g Protein; Weight Watchers 1 point

NUTRITION ESTIMATE Brownies with icing, with/without nuts,
    Per Brownie: 88/71Cal;
    4/2g Tot Fat; 2/1g Sat Fat; 25/22mg
    Cholesterol; 56/49mg Sodium; 13/12g Carb;
    1g Fiber; 11g Sugar; 1g Protein; Weight Watchers 1 point

try to just eat one
  • Hi All,
    I'll be glad to post the Impossible Veggie Pie
    MsMeri, it does make a crust of sorts using light Bisquick mix. What I really like about this pie is that it's good for any meal or snack. Depending on the size of the piece (sometimes I eat a quarter of the pie ) it's low in points, I even slice the pie into individual servings and freeze some for future use. Okay enough: here's the recipe

Impossible Vegetable Pie
    1 box frozen chopped broccoli, thawed but not cooked
    1/3cup chopped onion
    1/3 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
    1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
    1/2 cup Bisquick Light baking mix
    1 cup ff milk
    1/2t. salt
    1/4 t. pepper
    1/2 cup egg beaters or other egg substitute or 4 egg whites
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9-inch plate with nonstick spray. Stir together thawed veggies, onion, bell pepper and cheese and pour into pie plate. Stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over veggies in pie plate. bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes and enjoy.

(What Bandit and I have found is that the frozen veggies can be most anything. Mixed veggies are especially good)
    I don't have a minute to point this out, but will asap.

I do have to start a new thread since we've gotten long.
    See you all at 218, Bale of Turtles Hunting Down Success!
    Judy