Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2001, 04:47 AM   #1  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: I know that is a good deal. I wish we were going! It was some list he is on for Vacations. It was just for flying out of San Francisco tho.
Every time my puter acts up and I call for DH it stops to! Dont you just hate that? I know he thinks Im crazy. Oh well.

Karen: I went to take my book today to have it bound and left the store. I stood there for ever and then finally someone came up and she said Oh I dont know how to do that and walked away to get someone else. So I stood there a while longer and finally left.
I saw her wandering around the store doing nothing........
I am gonna take it else where tomorrow. Glad you are feeling better!

Geri: Looks like you had another great week another 1.75! You are doing great!

It was a slow week for me only lost .4 but its still a loss!

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 01-14-2001).]

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 01-14-2001).]
Old 01-15-2001, 07:12 AM   #2  
Net browser

Hello Everybody I wanted to get some things done around here before we leave on holidays so got DH to give me a hand. I had him pull out the stove and fridge and clean behind there for me. Why does it get so YUCKY back there in such a short time. We pulled them out and cleaned a couple of weeks before Christmas. I think maybe my furnace ducts have to be cleaned.
Then I tackled the deep freeze. There is some woman in my house who buys all this bread and buns and never uses it....then it gets freezer burn....then the birds get it.
DH says the reason I do all this cleaning before we go on holidays is in case robbers break in I wouldn't want them to think I was not a tidy person. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif
Karen thanks for the information and happy you are feeling better.
Lily Good for you .4# down. I think any loss is good.
I am going to watch the 2nd half of an old war movie. I'll come and take a peek back here before I go to bed.
Old 01-15-2001, 12:48 PM   #3  

G'day all,

We arrived back about 1 hour ago (it is now 5.15 Monday afternoon)
The trip presented a few challenges but overall I think I did OK. Tomorrow will be the test when I weigh in.
I very briefly read through all the posts since I was gone, sounds like you are all doing well.
As far as wanting to have a bit of hot weather, I don't think any of you would have wanted the weather we experienced this weekend. Particularly in our state records were broken in a number of towns, one town recorded 49C (about 120F ) Most other places hovered around the mid forties, we now have a cool change of sorts, it is still 32C http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//insane.gif
I forgot who asked about our weather in winter, it still quite mild we never have snow. Our tallest 'mountain' occasionally has snow and everyone goes racing up there to cath this phenomenon by then there is nothing left, the snow is more like sleet.

In some parts of Australia (Victorian Alps) we do get a lot of snow and people go snow ski-ing.
Cheers for now, I better go and unpack
Maria

------------------
http://www.picturetrail.com/flaggies
Old 01-16-2001, 12:18 AM   #4  

Maria, glad your trip went well and you got home safely. Good luck on your weigh-in.

Lily, congrats on your .4#. I am like Maria, any loss is good. I have gained 4# (note no decimal point) in 2 days and as much as 11 pound in 6 days. When I binge, I don't fool around! So even an ounce lost is a positive move. .4# is almost 2 sticks of butter. Every time I think that a quarter of a pound is nothing I try to remember the lecture I used to do with a pound of butter and a pound of chicken fat.

I think I am finally on track. This is day 14 and I have done okay. I have had 2 days where i was slightly over points (less than 2 and paid them back the next day), but no days where I was out of control. Those 2 days where I was a point+ over were days where I made a conscious decision to eat what I did. Never at any time have I eaten something unthinkingly or without counting it. Every bite has been journaled and counted. Am doing my exercise and drinking my water. Sooooooooo, even though I was slightly over, I have counted myself as OP. Is that legal? Does anybody remember when legal was the word we used for following the program.? It probably isn't right to use negative points, but I figure if I make it up the very next day what is the difference between borrowing points or banking points if your total for the week is correct? I suppose that is over-rationalizing.

How are you all on winning points enjoying the changes? I am still following 123 Success because as you can see it works fine for me and I like being able to count all my fiber. I need to consume lots of fiber and that is one way I can rationalize it. It works for me, so I can't see any reason to change. I also would rather spend my money on books and crafts because I am like Slavika----I've gotta have every new thing they have. When I go back after a "hiatus" it always costs me $60 or so by the time I get all the new stuff. I have enough books and stuff to stock a center. I just refuse to do it again. Having all the paraphenalia hasn't lost one # for me yet

14 days OP
Old 01-16-2001, 03:35 AM   #5  
Fun Blonde

I have caught up on the other thread and now have probably forgotten everything. Senior Moments are coming more and more quickly.

I have had such a terrible cold the last week. I took two days off from work because I felt so crummy. Isn't it awful when you CANNOT breathe through two nostrils? Claustrophobic! And I still don't feel great!

Geri - I can see now that you can do anything you want. Once you got it in gear, you have been a dynamo. And it shows--you have lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks? Good for you! And also, good for you, Margot. Can you believe how far you have come?

I am doing WW too, but I always lose so slowly. But, like you Geri, I can gain fast. Over the Christmas holidays, I went through a real THING. I have a cancer test every three months. The week that I am waiting for the results is always white-knuckle time. This time I had an appointment for Jan. 3rd for the blood test. So I had it in my mind all through the Christmas holidays that this would be my last Christmas. I was almost manic. I ate, laughed, decorated and tried to pack so many good memories into a very short time. Bottom line: 10 pounds. Good news: cancer test was great. But now I have very few clothes to wear to work, have a darned cold and am just a tiny bit depressed.

Lily - what has happened in California? Have heard lots of stories about power outages. Just so glad you don't have extreme temperatures. Many people in OK were without electricity in zero weather and it has been really awful for them.

Slavika - Your stories about your princess are priceless. I hope to have a princess in July so I am gathering your ideas to use when we play.

Maria - Last summer Oklahoma had many, many days of over 100 degreee temperatures. Even though it is a temptation to envy you your weather when we are freezing, I remember the cabin fever we had when we couldn't go out because we almost got sick. So, I hope your weather cools down and ours heats up.

Trudy, Slavika - no news from Dee?
Glenda
Old 01-16-2001, 07:52 AM   #6  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: LOL. This women that buys all these buns and stuff for your freezer, you might want to have a chat with her and tell her not to buy so much. You are to funny!
My DH Says the same thing when I clean before we leave. But they just dont understand we need to come back to a clean house. (course we clean it when we get back to)

Maria: Welcome back! Sounds like the trip went well. Sure sounds hot tho. Its been 105 here maybe 110 once, and that was bad enough!

Geri: If the old program works for you stick with it. The one thing they did change was the fiber. The higher fiber things are more points now. You need to stick with what works for you!

Glenda: Sorry you have been so sick. Hope you start to feel better soon! Dont know what to tell you about the power in Cal. Havent figured it all out yet as to what is going on.
Old 01-16-2001, 09:06 AM   #7  

feeling a little better today, but still the cold is hanging on. will be very glad when it decide to leave me and go see some one else.

had WI and was down another 2.2 not sure how much was from being op and how much was from being sick but i'll take it any way right now.

To everyone who lost this week great going

I'm off to bed again it seem like the last 3 days I spend all my time in bed just get so tried so quick. oh well as soon as I lose this cold all will be fine

30-3.2=26.8 to go
nignt Lela

[This message has been edited by schoolgirl (edited 01-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by schoolgirl (edited 01-15-2001).]
Old 01-16-2001, 09:08 AM   #8  
Super Surfer

Lily ~ Any time the weight goes down, you celebrate the loss. .4 down is good. You have been losing consistently .. good for you. Did you find someone else to bind the book? I think Karen had a great idea here. It would make it so much easier to use if it layed flat.
Slavika ~ I think that same woman has been putting buns and bread in my freezer too...Where does it come from? http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif
Maria ~ We have a new "Soap Opera" starting today on TV..it's called Neighbors. It is from Australia..have you ever watched it? I think your summer gets a little to hot for me, I can't even imagine temps. that high. I watched a program one time that showed people who dug out a hole in the ground and lived underground for the summer because of the heat in Australia. Of course it was a rural area, not in a city.
Geri ~ Doesn't it feel great when you are in control and OP? WTG, on the 14 days OP.
Glenda ~ You really had a terrible cold. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//sick.gif It is awful when you can't breathe through your nose. Congratulations on the test. I can't even imagine what went through your mind worrying about it. Now you know your health is good, you will be able to get back OP and lose those lbs. Once you get back OP you will feel so much better, just like Geri is feeling.

Today was Costco day with Slavika. I can recommend the Delisio Pizza, and the Butter Croisants with Straberry jam http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//spinning.gif, that was all I sampled. I guess that was quite enough. Tomorrow is WW and we are going to the meeting. Dee are you coming too? Let's hear from you.

Have a great Wednesday OP..Good Night http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//sleep.gif....
Old 01-16-2001, 10:18 AM   #9  
Net browser

Hi Everybody Oh BROTHER, I just typed up my nice long post and I don't know what I hit but it's gone.
So briefly, Maria I'm glad your trip went well, the weather you are experiencing is certainly something else. YIKES. Geri you are like the little pink energizer bunny, you just keep going and going. Glenda sorry you are sick. I hate that stuffed up feeling too. Boy you will all enjoy a little
"Princess" in the family. I'm not sure but I think you have two grandsons don't you? Mind you grandsons are not exactly chopped liver either. LOL http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif
Lela Well way to go, down 2.2# that is just excellent. Good for you.
Well Trudy and I have Weight Watchers tomorrow and then of course tea time. Maybe we will see DEE .
Night all. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//sleep.gif
Old 01-16-2001, 10:31 AM   #10  

Lela, here is your happy dance. *** *** Sick or OP---who cares? I'll 2.2# anyway I can get them.

Glenda, you sound like me---except I would have gained 25# while I was celebrating my last Christmas. I am sure that everyone can empathize with your worry about the cancer test. If I had been through what you have, I would have been scared "spitless". I am so glad it was good. My husband had cancer in 1988 and had to take the tests every 3 months too. I know how the fear sets in. The relief when it is normal is soooooooooo good. He finally was given an all clear and doesn't have to take the test anymore. Except his was bladder cancer and he had to have a cystoscopy and a blood test. That wasn't any fun. The doctor in Ohio used to put him to sleep for the test, but the Texas urologist said that he had to have too many of them and couldn't keep being put to sleep so he had to suck it up and "be a man". He did fine, but I thought it was rather barbaric.

We finally have a Costco here. I like it so much better than Sam's. It is neater, cleaner, and has so many more brands to choose from.

Went to Joe's Crab Shack for supper. Had a salad with grilled chicken and a side of mashed potatoes. I am happy to report I only ate half the potatoes, didn't finish the salad, and skipped dessert. Don't I just reek virtue.

Lily, my weight is 157.25 today. It is the first Monday in years probably (except when I had the stomatitis) that I haven't gained weight. Yea me! I noticed on our chart the other day that it was a little higher than it should be. The 157.25 is accurate and current (it was my weight yesterday) and now my weekly report on the 30# spring challenge on Sundays should be in sync with that. I think I had lost almost a pound before the spring challene began. My beginning weight on that was 162.25.

We took the boys home tonight. We all went to Joe's Crab Shack for Troy's birthday, so it was a pleasant evening.

14 days OP

[This message has been edited by Geri (edited 01-15-2001).]
Old 01-16-2001, 11:33 AM   #11  

G'day all,

Tghe weigh-in was this morning and I am down 0.5, nothing to get excited about but its a loss which has to better than a gain. Learned lots this weekend that I simply MUST plan better.
Geri your loss was fantastic . Congratulations to all the other 'loosers'
Glenda having been in your predicament I can totally relate to what you said. Now you got the good news you can channel your energies into staying OP and the gain you had will be gone in no time.
Trudy yes I have heard of Neighbours, it has been here for a very long time. I am not really into soaps and never watched it but it is obviously a popular show as it still shown here as well.
We get some of the programs David Suzuki made, I have really enjoyed watching these, I really admire him. I have heard him interviewed on radio here and I just find him fascinating listening to his life story and his many interests.
Sorry to hear you have not been well Lela, how is the quit smoking going?
It still continues to be quite warm but thank goodness not as bad as it was over the weekend.
Have a great day all.
Cheers
Maria

30-2-.5=27.5

------------------
http://www.picturetrail.com/flaggies
Old 01-16-2001, 08:08 PM   #12  

Lilly sorry about the incident at the store sometimes don't you just want to take them out when they do things like that. My way of thinking each person in the store should be able to punch holes. Better luck next time.

Geri weigh to go 1.75# is really good I have ladies in some of my meetings that would kill for anything over 1/2 pound. But they keep pugging away .

Lela you too 2.2# you are doing great. Sorry to hear that your not feeling well. Hope your better soon.

Lily, Lela ,Geri&MariaHappy Dance *****

Glenda so glad all you test came back OK. But sorry to hear that you've been under the weather too. Don't you think that stress weakens our systems and lets us get sick? Any way feel better.

Maria I think you did well considering you were out of town and not totally in control of the situtation. You must have some good choicesbecause you had a loss not a gain.

Slavika I too have to clean before vacation. I think its because when you finally get home you just want to sit and enjoy the memories of vacation and not have a cluttered house to distract you. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//dizzy.gif

Dee How you doing?? Hope all is going well for your family. Check in soon and let us know.

Just wondering those of you attending WW meetings are you Weigh and Stay or Weigh and Run? Also did you have the topic of Meal Planning this week?

Got to go Take care everyone.

[This message has been edited by Karen L (edited 01-16-2001).]
Old 01-16-2001, 09:12 PM   #13  
Net browser

KAREN Hi there. Just quickly, TRUDY and I and the rest of our little tea time group always always stay for the meetings. I have thought it's kind of a waste of money to pay to just get weighed. My goodness, you can do that for free at your own house, your Mother's house or your friends house. LOL I think it's hearing what your leader has to say and also what the other members have to say, or who found what new great product in what store, that gives you the incentive to carry on for another week. Also of course knowledge is a powerful tool. Our WW Leader, who by the way is the best once said, "to pay your money and NOT stay for the meeting, is like paying your money at a movie theater and not staying for the movie". http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif Have a great OP day everybody, I'll come back later.
Old 01-16-2001, 10:12 PM   #14  

Hi everyone, I don't know what I was thinking. I was reading all the posts trying to familiarize myself with everyone again and posted on the end of thread #90 instead of this one. Would you mind going to that one to read it because I sure can't remember everything I said!
Old 01-16-2001, 10:39 PM   #15  
Net browser

YIPPEE... SILVERGAL
I am very happy to say WELCOME back. I have thought of you often. For the new gals "Silvergal", DARLENE, is our friend who started posting with us I think over a year ago.....my memory slips a little from time to time, not because I am getting older but because I know so much. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif All of you who believe me please raise your hands. hee hee. Anyway I don't know if I did it right but I copy/pasted your post from our old thread to this thread. I guess I will see in a minute if it worked. I think there is a much better way to do this, but for that I need LILY so here goes, and Silvergal, I'll come back and "see" you later.
SILVERGAL'S POST
Hello girls! I'm back, I think. Alas, I'm many pounds heavier, so here I go again and I need help! I see so many new names, I'm looking forward to reacquainting myself with old friends and meeting new ones.
It's been a bad time the last few months, but I finally decided that since I can't change any thing or any one but myself, I'd better get started again. For those that might remember and are interested, still no word from Erica. My mom is getting somewhat worse and we are thinking about a nursing home.

My New Year's resolution is not to lose weight like it has been for the past 5 years, but to laugh more often. (Hopefully while I am laughing, some pounds will fall off). Seriously though, I am starting back to WW tomorrow night. I am also going to try the gym again. I have had a frozen shoulder for 2 months and have been having horrible pain with that. So I'll have to go easy for awhile. Has anyone had this condition? What did you do? I have been going to a Chiropractor, have had one shot of cortizone and am now trying to take care of it on my own with stretching exercises and taking Celebrex.

Cal, I noticed you just had a birthday. Belated happy day wishes to you. I see you are still the queen of weight loss and still an inspiration to all.

Geri, so you are back on track? I didn't know you were off. Well, I'm going to try to follow your example.

Slavika, getting ready for another wonderful holiday? Good for you. I still love reading your stories.

Everyone else, I need time to catch up, but it's great to "see" all of you!

Closed Thread