#216 Bale of Turtles Kicking it!

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
    Judy
    Itryharder
    (for Lin and Lauren)
  • Hi Turtles,
    We had gotten long, so I started this new thread. Page 6 on #215 is interesting and you might want to check it out.
    Judy
  • Wow, everyone is doing so well! Weigh to go!

Just a quick drive-by for me. Still chugging along ... just reached my highest weight in high school. Of course, I thought I was enormous then! It's all relative, isn't it?

Have a great day, everyone.
  • Happy Thursday everyone!

We had a very sad and rough day here yesterday. Our black lab, Bella, had to be put to sleep yesterday morning. When I got up that morning she was in bad shape, she was laying in a puddle of pee and had thrown up and had a BM while she layed there. She was unable to get up to move away from it or to come and get us to help her. We decided enough was enough, it was time to let her be pain free. She was such a good dog... I mean that with all of my heart, never any trouble and always loving and loyal. At 14 years old she had a good life and was loved so it was time to let her go...

Eating was not what it should have been but today is better. Going to get some cleaning done this morning and get out for some walks with the dogs this afternoon. The whole week has just not been good for me with food... I need to shake myself and get with it!

Back later on, have a great day!
    Princess
  • Hi Turtles,
    Lauren, : oh my goodness! You are doing so great. Remember when you wanted to get into onederland? Now you are so far below that weight. High school weight? You go girl!!!!! It''s always good to hear from you.

Princess, I am so sorry about your dog. It had to be devastating to see Bella in that shape.
    I'm sending a and : to see you through this week. You've had a lot of upset recently, but I know you will get through this. You've got our support!

I had a wonderful moment today. I stepped on my home scale and it read 210#. I haven't been able to make the scale budge below 211# in I don't know when. So, I am convinced this eating plan is working for me. I've got a challenge tonight because I'm going to a retirement party for a friend I used to work with that includes a buffet. I've decided to drink a shake before I go (very filling) and pick and poke and push food around on my plate at the buffet. Wish me luck!

: and to us all. We can do this. We are doing this! Keep on keepin' on.
    Judy
    234.6/211.6/209.6 and thinner into onederland.
  • Princess, so sorry to hear about Bella. It's so devastating when we have to let a beloved pet go, isn't it? But think of her playing beyond the Rainbow Bridge with all her new doggie friends and gradually your heartache will ease.

Did you ever hear anything about your interview?

I had such a nice day yesterday. I got my exercise out of the way first thing, then I drove down to San Diego (2 hours each way) to visit my favorite quilt shop. I knew I was going to be going out to dinner with my son and his new fiancee' that night, so I packed a lunch! (I work out of my home so this is unusual for me.) I had meatball soup (3 points) a serving of green grapes, 1/4 canteloupe (first ripe one of the season!) and a 2-point Fiber One bar. Those chocolate chip ones are TASTY! Took a bottle of water instead of soda. All this was in place of my usual stop at my favorite Thai restaurant, but I knew there was no way I could eat a big beautiful bowl of Pad Thai and have steak for dinner without going over my points.

Then I filled the car with gas, changed my clothes, and DH & I joined my son and fiancee at a steak place halfway between our place and theirs and had such a good, relaxed time. I just love this girl, she is so intelligent and down to earth and wants to form a close family. She is really making an effort to form a relationship with my other son -- definitely not an easy thing to do -- there are times I'm tempted to give up and he's my own child!

I think I made sensible food choices at the restaurant, too. Ate half my steak, had rice pilaf instead of potato loaded with butter, and took a bottle of fat free salad dressing in my purse. (We've eaten there before and I know they don't have low fat dressing available.) I did eat one onion ring and two fried zucchini strips -- was able to find point values for the onion ring but not the zucchini, so I'm guessing at 2 points per strip. If I'm wrong about that, well, I was still a couple points under for the day, and have 33 weekly points left, so I'm going to call it a victory.

It rained cats and dogs here yesterday -- unusual for this area for June. Of course we always need the water but I hope I can get a swim in today!

Trundle on, turtles!
  • Hi turtles:

Princess - so sorry about your dog, Bella. That is really tough. What can anyone really say? Just take care.

Judy - you are doing great! Keep up that positive attitude and make good choices with the buffet, but enjoy your evening as well.

Lady - good going on making good choices & planning ahead. That is what really helps on this journey.

Lauren - your stats are great. Keep it going, girl!!

As for myself, I was down 1.5# last night at my weigh in & was happy with that. One of the fellows helped with my ticker - so that is fun to see.

Anyway, lets all have a great OP day.
  • Afternoone everyone...

thanks for all of the kind words on Bella, she was a good girl but we knew that it was coming, it was just a matter of time and now she is pain free and felling fine I am sure so that makes me feel much better. It was just a tough, sad day but now it is over and done with.

Judy: Ok, about your new eating plan... is it something that is in a book or on the internet somewhere that I can look at it? I would love to mix things up a bit and that is tempting... share what you can if you don't mind.

Lady: Sounds like you did a wonderful job! Very planned out!

Lauren: Great job on the weight loss!

Bandit: Nothing that really can be said, you are right about that, it is what it is. Is your weather improving up there? It has finally stopped raining here but supposed to start again on Sunday... ugh! I saw the recipe that you posted on the last thread... about how much saurkraut (sp?) do you use?

donna: How are you doing lately?

Chirily: What is new with you?
  • Hi Turtles,
    Lady, I love how you thought about your day and planned for the events you had. Being away from that home kitchen can be a challenge and you really planned and prepared. : in your future!

Okay folks, my sister sent me an article of portioned out food menus that she followed and was successful for her. I want to share this with you in case you might like to try it. Of course , it is not doctor or WW approved or anything like that, but the food seems healthy enough, I am not very hungry on this, and I did take the time to point out one of the menu combinations for the day and it was 24 points. If you're interested, here is what has been helping me: Unfortunately we do not have the name of the magazine this came from and I can't authenticate it in any way. I'm posting this since Princess was looking for a change up in her eating . :

Breakfast: Choose one daily
    1 fast track smoothie*
    OR
    2 eggs, 2 cups steamed spinach, juice of 1/2lemonm
    1 cup berries+ 1T ground flaxseed

Lunch: Choose one daily
    4 oz. salmon or turkey breast
    2 cups mixed salad with 1/4 cup each onion, radish, cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, olives
    1 T. each olive oil and vinegar

Or
    4 oz. lean burger
    1 cup sauteed veggies
    2 cups mixed salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, celery , olives, and 1 T. each olive oil and vinegar

Dinner: Choose one daily
    4 oz. chicken breast with sauteed onions, garlic, lemon and parsley to taste
    1/2 cup steamed cauliflower
    4 artichoke hearts

Or:
    4 oz. lean beef
    2t. spice rub
    1 small baked potato
    1/2 cup each steamed broccoli and asparagus
    1t. each olive oil and lemon juice

Snack: Choose TWO daily
    2 hard boiled eggs and 1 cup fresh-cut veggies

Or
    1 orange, apple, or pear

Or
    3 stalks celery and 1 small raw carrot

Or
    1 Fast Track Smoothie

Aim to use organic ingredients as often as possible.
    Water: Divide your body weight in half and drink that many ounces in water each day (not to exceed 12 cups)
    (On day 7 there is a jumpstart juice day that I will type next time if you're interested)
    Safety first: Should not be used for women who are pregnant, nursing, or have certain health conditions--all should check with their doctors before proceding.
    Last thing you need to know:
    How to make the Fast Track Smoothie:
    In blender, whip 1 cup water, 1 cup frozen berries, 1 scoop vanilla whey powder, 1 T. flaxseed oil, 1 T.ground flaxseed, 2 t. lemon juice, 1 t. unsweetened cranberry juice, 1 packet stevia and 8 ice cubes.

If you like this, follow it for seven days, and then do a juice and water regimen for one day.
    Days 9-11 add 1 cup of lowfat plain yogurt

Then start over with day 1-7, juice/water regimen, 9-11, etc. It is recommended you not use this plan for more than three months.

This is what I have been doing, but I have no idea if it will work for anyone else or if it is approved by any agency, etc. since we have no idea where it came from. All I know is that a few women in my one sister's office tried it, liked it, and then my sisters tried it and now I have. Today I am going to point out other combinations in the suggested eating and see how they point out. Good luck to us all!

Hey, guess what? I never got to the retirement party last night. My dd called from work sounding really upset. It ended up with me watching the little grandson, thinking about what was most important to me (family and eating correctly right now) and canceling out on the party. I had sent the retiree a nice note earlier, contributed to the gift. I have to say that big parties are not all that exciting to me and it was fine not to go since I was pretty tired. It was a relief not to have to juggle my food around and stay on track since this eating plan has very little leeway.
    Okay, I've gobbled up enough cyber-space. You all have a great day and be well and happy!
    Judy
    234.6/211.8/209.6 onward and downward to 25# off
  • faboulous friday
    Hello everyone,

I was lost back in 215, someone needed to throw a rope down.

Any way all is well, been walking every day
    The BIG 5k is tomorrow wish us luck.
    And made a to promise eat 1 non processed food each day.
    I just learned last night frozen veggi, dried apricots, applesauce all processed. What am I going to eat? I wont even bother to tell you I eat a frozen Smart Ones about 3 times a week.

Went out to dinner last night Wendy's. Had a large chilie,
    no cheese,
    no sour cream,
    no onions
    Turned out to be 6 points
    Not to bad, and I got to feel like I ate regular food

Princess - I am so totally sorry to hear about the loss of your baby, Bella. I hope you can find some comfort.

Judy- Way to go being the lowest ever since the new momentium plan. Your headed in the right direction. Look out there's no stopping you now.

ladynredd- was you power out the other day when it rained? My little furbabies were freaking out. (thunder) I had to cuddle up with a blanket and hold them while I was left to read my book, no computer or TV.

Chirily-Anybody her from her? last I remember she broke her finger.

Tonight is our usual weekly night. My fridgerator is stocked with salad fixings and I am going to arm myself with a big bowl of salad before I eat any pizza. And, when I do I will only eat 2 pieces!

Oh yea lookie, lookie, lookie, I figured out how to get my ticker thingy
  • Happy Friday, Turtles:

Princess - the recipe called for 8 oz of sauerkrat, but that wasn't enough for me, so I just completely covered the top of the casserole dish. I also used a 14 oz can of tomato sauce. I hope you try this recipe, I thought it was really good & soooooooo easy. I ate the whole thing throughout the week & was a really nice side dish towards the end.

Judy - thanks for your post. I will print it out & maybe give that a try when my weight loss slows down. But for now, I am still losing most weeks so will continue with what I am doing.

Lady & Lauren - hope you are having a good week.

Got in my walk last night of 35 laps then a quick hot-tub. When I got home there was note on my door that my neighbour wanted me to come over & sit on her deck & have drinks. So that was nice, but then when I came home I was soooo hungry I cooked up a frozen pizza & ate most of it. So that isn't a good way to start the weekend. So I will have to be careful with my weekend choices.

Meeting gf at my trailer tomorrow & am planning to serve grilled halibut with big salad, rice & some kind of veggie dish.

It is suppose to be sunny the next few days, so today am heading out to backyard & try to get these white legs tanned up abit.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • Msmeri - think we were posting at the same time.

Good luck tomorrow on your 5K & congrats on the ticker!
  • Msmeri, Good luck on your 5K tomorrow! I was thinking about you this morning when I looked out my window and saw clouds over the mountains. I guess if you just got a little rain it would just cool you off, right?

I don't think we lost power here -- I was in San Diego that day but DH says he wasn't aware of any power loss.

Although I dawdled around this morning and hadn't done my exercise when DH got up, I did get 'er done. I didn't feel as focused as I am when I'm all alone, but done is done. And when he suggested that we have lunch or dinner out (we're going to see Angels & Demons today) I pointed out that I spent $100 at the grocery store yesterday and why don't we just eat at home? Lots cheaper for sure. And we already ate out once this week so I've had my "fix." I'm planning on making that sauerkraut casserole tonight for dinner -- got super lowfat ground meat yesterday when I shopped.

Hope everyone has a super duper weekend!
  • Judy: thank you so much for sharing the plan... I appreciate it!

Princess
  • {{Princess}} So sorry about Bella. It's always so hard to say goodbye. I know you gave her a wonderful life.

Judy, look how close you are to your first big goal!! Wow!!!!

Msmeri, good luck on the 5K! I'm very impressed. Exercise is one area I'm still struggling to incorporate.

Lady, good for you on the exercise today!

Bandit, 35 laps, wow!

Along those lines, I did go for a walk yesterday (though just for 30 minutes or so) and plan to do it again today. It was such a beautiful evening; it felt great to get outside and move. I talked with my mom on the phone while I was walking, so I probably irritated the neighbors but it was good to catch up.

I need to try fat-free half and half. I finally cut the real thing out of my diet when I saw I wasn't losing. Got to tweak things to make them keep working. That does seem to have helped me drop a bit, finally. But I miss my coffee! (Can't stand it with milk, though; I'd rather have it black.) So I will start experimenting with the FF stuff and see what I can find.

Had a couple of nice NSVs this week. Yesterday a co-worker told me again that I was "wisping away" and would soon need to carry weights to keep from blowing away in the wind! She exaggerates just a teensy bit, but it was nice.

Have a great weekend, everyone.