Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2001, 05:19 PM   #16  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Welcome back Zoe! You are not the only one who has put back on weight. I pretty much gained everything I lost. But I am back OP now and I am glad you have decided to do the same. I think you will like the new program. It has been working for me so far. Anyway, I look forward to your posts now that you are back.

Myra
183/178.8/135
Old 01-03-2001, 09:41 PM   #17  

Hey Zoe :

You and I have not met, but I'm very glad to see that you've come back to this group. We are kind of all (except maybe Terri) "starting over" for the New Year. I'm back on track since only yesterday and will be attending my first ww meeting (in a couple of months) on Sunday. So, we're all in the same boat! It's nice to meet you and I hope you will stick around -- there's some great support here.

Hi, Essie, Jen & Myra - have a great day.

Dianne
Old 01-03-2001, 10:39 PM   #18  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Zoe,
You're not pitiful, just human, like us all! It's good that you've made the decision to return, you know you won't regret it. And let me say WOW, losing 47 pounds is a great achievement. Though you did gain some back, you're still down 19 pounds. Welcome, I hope this is the start of a great year for you!

Dianne,
I was happy to see you post on the journal thread. It truly keeps me honest! I love seeing the diversity of what others eat....especially Myra. Her meals seem so interesting!

Myra,
It's so good to hear that you're losing, and back on track. This is going to be one heck of a year for us!

Essie,
How are you? It's quiet here without your posts... busy exercising, right? This is day two of being strictly on program for me, now I've got to begin exercising again. You're always so positive about it, my inspiration.

Terri,
Are you heading back home? You may be absent, but definitely not forgotten!

Quite a few of the homes in the Chicago area are experiencing "ice dams", where the gutters are blocked w/ice and snow, leaving the melting snow on the roof nowhere to go except under the roofing shingles, and into the house. Yep, you guessed it...we're a victim. Joe had installed new windows in the powder room and kitchen last year...right now I've got two big Tupperware cereal containers on the windowsill in the powder room catching the dripping water. This really stinks. Now he and my son have to get up on ladders in two feet of snow and try to chisel the ice out of the gutters and shovel off the roof. Arizona is looking very good right now.....

Have a great day everyone!

~Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenny523 (edited 01-03-2001).]
Old 01-04-2001, 06:40 AM   #19  

Hello everyone

Zoe, welcome back. We are here to support you. I think this is a great group. Don't be so hard on yourself. I know it's very disappointing when the weight gain creeps up on us. Put that behind you girlfriend cause this is a New Year with a New Attitude.

I re-joined yesterday. I almost didn't make it but I did even though the meeting had just ended. I thought it was going to be packed but it wasn't.

Myra, I read your post at e-groups. I know you said you don't have much room for aerobics so how about weights & pushups? It's funny what you mentioned about your cats. When my husband lays on the floor to do crunches, my dog sits on his stomach. I took a picture cause it looks sooooo cute. She's small so she can do that. She truly is a cutie. Hope things get back to normal for you real soon.

Dianne, glad to hear you rejoined too. We are all motivated Even though I joined on a Tuesday I'm not sure what day I'll be attending the meetings. Most likely it will be on Fridays.

Jen, I see you started yesterday also. Way to go! I've been doing pretty good with my exercise routine. If I don't exercise I feel cranky LOL. My brother gave me 12 lb weights for Xmas. I'm going back to weight training.

Our snow is starting to melt. We had alot of ice too.

Terri, you've been gone too long Hope all is well with you.

Goodnight

Essie

Old 01-04-2001, 07:37 AM   #20  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Thanks for the concern, Essie. Yes I can do some toning. Aerobics, however, is problematic not because of space but because my house was built before the Civil War and the floors are totally rickety. You can watch the floor boards move as you walk around. Forget about any kind of jumping.

Myra
Old 01-04-2001, 08:26 AM   #21  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Evening Y'all ~

Tonight was my first WW meeting, my first time back in 5 months. I am here to say that it wasn't pretty and my weight gain was astronomical but the good thing is, I WENT TO THE MEETING!! And I feel great about that. Ok, it's confession time....I gained 26 lbs since 6/24....that is so....so ....so, (ok Jen, not pitiful...hehehe) but so, awfully 'human'. Ok, but I'm here, I'm attending the meetings and I am ready to do this. One of my long-term goals is to actually get to the maintenance stage. I've never gotten that far in any weight loss program so I am in this for success this time.

Myra ~ I know we'll do it this time. I just feel differently about it now, this new year.....

Dianne ~ I did realize something and that is that I gained my weight back when I stopped the WW meetings and stopped posting on 3FC. The reason I stopped the meetings was that I used to do WW-at-work and after 2 eight week sessions, we didn't have enough people to do it again....(you have to have 20 paid-in-full people at $96 and that was too hard to do) But here I am.....again.

Jen ~ hope your thawing from all that ice. We actually got snow here on New Year's day!!! Didn't that snow know this is Texas?? ha!

Essie ~ thank you also for your words of encouragement. I really feel positive this time.

Well, gotta run. Have a great evening everyone. I am going to plan some meals for the rest of the week. Here's to a wonderful "losing" year!!

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
209/196/148

[This message has been edited by Zoe (edited 01-03-2001).]
Old 01-04-2001, 05:11 PM   #22  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Essie, it's great that you went and joined....we're on our way!

Zoe, you too! This is a good start to what's going to be a great year for all.

~Jen
Old 01-04-2001, 09:03 PM   #23  

Mornin' Gals:

Well, I have to say I'm really "pshyched" (sp?) to know that we are all so motivated right now! Most of us re-joining and starting fresh.

Zoe - I, too expect a scary gain since I last went to ww, but I will deal with it. And like you say, you're here, that's the important thing. Taking the step and getting back knowing that first meeting weight will probably "suck" to put it bluntly. That's a giant step forward.

Essie, Jen & Myra -- Good for you guys too and let's keep supporting each other. That's motivation for me, knowing we're all doing it together.

I finally went out and bought the George Forman Grill, I've had my eye on it for awhile. Last week, my Grandson's mom invited me for dinner and she made lamb chops on the grill. They were delicious and they took 7 mins. to make. I'm for anything that will save me time in the kitchen. I tried the grill last night, I made marinated chicken breasts in 5 mins. and they were great. I'm going to try grilling vegetables as well, which take probably like 2 mins. I have to read the book and check the receipes, etc. but so far, I'm very happy with it.

Terri - Hope to hear from you soon girl -- where are you?

Well, gotta go for now guys. Have a great day!

Dianne
Old 01-05-2001, 02:58 AM   #24  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
My son wanted the GF grill, I was able to find the small basic model at Target for 17 dollars. He's been using it(for his steaks) and loves it.
I used it Tuesday evening for the first time, made chicken breasts. It was great! So much easier than using the broiler. I can't wait to try veggies also. I read here somewhere that zucchini is good on it...I'm going to try onions and peppers next.

~Jen
Old 01-05-2001, 03:41 AM   #25  

Jen - I'm doing steak with roasted onion & peppers (ww receipe) tonight on the grill, with white rice. I'll let you know how it comes out. I've already witten it in the journal, so now I have to have it.

Talk to you all later.

Dianne
Old 01-05-2001, 06:07 AM   #26  

Hello Dianne, Jen, Zoe, Myra, Terri,

Zoe, don't you feel much better even though you gained? Just walking in to that meeting was a positive thing you did for yourself. I've been a WW for many years (since the 80's) & never reached goal. I'm one of the ones that after a couple of months I feel I could do it on my own. Never works

Jen & Dianne, my son gave me GF's grill last year for Mother's Day. He liked it so much he went out & bought himself one too. I haven't used it in a while but I am going to start using it now that you mentioned it. I'm going to make the 0 pt soup this weekend.

Tonight on A & E there's something on about WW. 8:00 pm. I'm going to tape it & check it out at the same time.

Have a good night everybody
Old 01-05-2001, 07:51 PM   #27  

Hello Everybody

TGIF!!!! I love Fridays - always did. We're supposed to get a little bit of snow today. We'll see I was going to the gym but I decided to work out at home. I was thinking yesterday & wondering, did I make the right choice in joining the gym with a 2 year contract. See, I have no problem exercising at home but I do love their aerobics classes & in the gyms you feel pumped up with the music & the whole gym atmosphere. As soon as some of the ice melts off the ground I'll start going. Really!! No excuses!! LOL

Well ladies, have a great OP day & don't forget to drink your water.

{{{{hugs}}}}
Essie
Old 01-06-2001, 06:01 AM   #28  

Hi everyone:

I love Fridays too, Essie - favorite day of the week. If you really like going to the gym, I don't think you made a mistake. In fact, since you probably had to pay for it already, that may give you the incentive to go. I admire how much you like exercising.

Well, tonight I have to say that I've had one of the best tasting rib-eye steaks I've ever had. I made it on tne GF grill - 8 mins.- delicious. I also grilled red peppers and onions and had it with white rice. Wow!!! I sound like a commercial, LOL. George Forman should pay me a commission! Seriously, though, I'm really glad I finally went out and bought this grill. I poked holes in the steak and put some adobo (salt, pepper, garlic salt) on it and a capful of vinegar. OH MY GOD!!! Gee, I'm starting to feel the urge to make another one -- just kidding. Okay, okay, I'm gonna stop talking about the Grill -- STEP AWAY FROM THE GRILL, DIANNE! LOL.

I hope you all are doing well and I hope Terri comes back to us. Does anyone remember how long she said she'd be gone. I miss her!

Jen, Essie, Myra & Zoe, have a great weekend.

Dianne
Old 01-06-2001, 08:30 AM   #29  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi Y'all ~

Just got home and ate. Friday is our night to go out, eat out and just plain old "be out". Hubby is dieting with me (he needs it more than I do but he knows that). Our "night out" was going to the grocery store, me with my points finder and he reading me the labels. It was really fun! Then, on the way home, we stopped at Subway and got dinner. I have had only 15 points so I will need to have a 'little something' in a bit. I feel remarkably good.

Dianne ~ it actually was a pretty awful feeling since I had gained 26 pounds out of my 47 lost. The good thing is that I know I can do it since I lost that 47. I'll bet you didn't do as badly as I did.
My mom has the George Foreman grill and really loves it.

Essie ~ you are so right! I really DO feel better, now that I went to the meeting. And it was a GREAT meeting too! Same leader as we had when we did the WW-at-work but not rushed. And many lively people. Speaking of never reaching goal, in all my "diets", I've also never reached the 'goal' or 'maintenance' stage so that is my long-term goal. My short-term goals will be each 10-mark. I am so psyched!! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif
Oh, and we watched that WW thingy on A&E... it was interesting

Jen and Myra hello and hope your staying OP....I've been really good with my water.

------------------
Zoe ~ soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 01-06-2001, 08:58 PM   #30  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,

How many points in Nyquil? I was hit really hard with a bad cold, almost flu-like. Spent the whole day sleeping yesterday, except for getting up to eat. That figures, no matter what, I can eat.

I didn't even journal yesterday, felt too lousy. This morning I did, and found that I stayed under points for the day, which has never happened to me before.

Essie, don't second-guess yourself about the 2 year contract w/the gym. You know how you love to exercise. It'll be there for you when you need a change of pace, or get bored exercising at home without the company of classes.

Dianne, even tho I don't feel well, you've got my mouth watering for some grilled steak!!! This is one kitchen gadget that will be put to very good use, unlike some of the others I HAD to have, and really don't use...like the crock-pot, the rice steamer, the deep fryer!

Myra, I meant to ask you before: your house was built before the Civil War? That sounds very cool. Do you know it's history? How have you decorated...like, keeping in the period, or modern? Sorry, not being nosy, just curious! Old houses and their histories fascinate me.

Zoe, your night out with your husband was cool. Spending time together like that in the grocery store is priceless. I love checking out labels in the store w/the points finder. And good going on the water! I've got tons to drink to catch up.....

We're having my SIL and her hubby over this evening; they were to have come last week, but I had to cancel due to Joe working, lousy weather, etc. Even tho I don't feel 100%, I don't want to cancel this again. Usually we all play a game, and enjoy drinks and munchies. I'm getting recipes out of my WW cookbooks and trying some new appetizers.

Have a great day!
~Jen
Closed Thread