Old 06-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Cool Thursday Chatters for June

Greetings! Can you believe summer is here and so is hurricane season. Wow!

If you are new here, we are a great group who gives lots of support. We like to laugh, too. Come on in and join the fun!

I'm really tired of having to watch what I eat, while on this Coumadin/Warfarin. I didn't realize how much stuff contains vitamin K.
Someone should write a cookbook to help me. (Maybe someone has. I'll have to google.)
What's going on with everyone???
Everyone, welcome back Sis!

Last edited by Tina; 06-01-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #2  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Yep, Happy Summer! I can't wait for vacation!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is staying OP and staying healthy too! This bunch as really had it's troubles this spring!

Well I'm at work so I better scoot! Thanks for starting us of Tina!
Have a great Monday!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:27 PM   #3  

Tina, I did make it to church on time on Sunday. A little later than usual, but I was there. I can't imagine going to Olive Garden and not eating the salad! Not fair for you!!

Jeanne, what are your vacation plans? Stop by and pick me up and we'll go to Texas to meet Tina and Susan.

Trying to decide about classes for the summer. The class I've been taking is taking a summer break. We have 3 more weeks of classes I think. There are several classes offered, but I'm just not sure about doing something different. Of course, doing something different might be the best thing for me. a different routine might be good.

food and water have really been great lately. Maybe my butterfly will get to move this week.

Hello to all! Have a great week!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
Jeanne, I know you're ready for summer!!!

Tammy, you make me tired just thinking about the classes you want to take. Change is good. Maybe it'll help with weight loss.

Maybe this week the butterfly and fish will get to moving!

Oh, I googled and found that there is a Coumadin cookbook. I'll have to order one. Hmmm....that'll me I have to cook. Oh well.....

Old 06-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #5  
Susan

Hi,

YEA!!! SIS, we are so happy you are back! I too am sorry about your mom and brother! You know we are here for you!

Jeanne, now don't be blaming US for gaining weight Just cause I'm not losing doesn't mean anything! Ha!! I sure wish it was as easy to lose as it was to gain. All I have to do is look at food and I gain.

Tina, cook..... what is that? I'm glad Pat likes toast and milk, it sure makes my life easier.

4 days and counting! Get this, I may have told ya'll but we have to stay until 6 pm on Friday. Isn't that stupid??? I have to get a new job! That seems to be my mantra

We are dog sitting for one of Pat's friend. However the sheltie won't go tinkle for Pat, only me! It's so funny.

I think I'm heading to bed early tonight, I'm worn out!

Oh and my egg, needs to take a hike backwards!!!

Last edited by auntie; 06-01-2009 at 09:44 PM.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Morning

Many of us seem to be in a rut!!! I say that we need a vacation.
How about one of those spas where all they serve you are greens. Yuck...okay I'll think of something else.

Susan, that is so crazy to make y'all stay until 6 p.m. Isn't there something in the contract that says you do not stay that late!?!
When is your surgery?

Tammy, have you decided which classes to take?
Jeanne, are you planning a summer vacation?
Dori, let us know if you survived the last days of school.
3Meows, you are quiet.

Maureen, how are you?

Last edited by Tina; 06-02-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #7  
jeanne

Hi ladies!

Tammy - I would LOVE to swing by and pick you up! Wouldn't those girls be shocked if we showed up in Texas! Wooohooo!

Susan - I really wasn't "blaming" you gals for my gain. I was just making small talk! haha! Hope you enjoyed pet sitting.

Tina - Hope you are feeling better as the days go by. I think I love the idea for a spa day! Ok........we really could even force the "greens" down!

I have been OP for several days. I lost 3 of the 4 pounds that I gained. That made me feel a little better.
Vacation - same place as we always go. North Myrtle Beach. July 11th - 19th. Bob and I were there in March and then the girls and I go in July. Bob drives when we go with him. The girls and I fly when it is just us. We are going to see Clint Black while we are there this year.
I am going to "weight" until a few days before we go and stop by dress barn and get a couple of sun dresses. I was there yesterday and saw some cute ones but in the blah mood I've been in, I didn't want to try anything on. I'm hoping I feel a little better about myself closer to vaca time.

Well Bob & I are both off today so we are going to see a matinee and then for groceries. I have sauce & meat in the crock pot for rigatoni's tonight. Yummy!
Have a great day ladies!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #8  

Tina, another woman and I talked at class this morning. We are going to cut back to 2 days a week over the summer. We are going to take a Pilates class, and then right after that is a Zumba class. Thought if we'd do them together we'd have fun. don't get the cookbook! You don't want to cook!! I think we could all go to a spa, but I want to have ice cream for every meal while we are there.

Susan, why on earth are they making you stay until 6:00? I know one year we stayed until 8:00 on a Friday night, but that was our choice so we didn't have to come back in on Monday. Funny about the sheltie not going for Pat!

Jeanne, losing those pounds has to make you feel better! Way to go!! Your vacation sounds great! I might be going somewhere with a couple of friends over the summer. With Tim's schedule, I don't think he'll be going anywhere. Good idea to wait until closer to vacation about the new clothes.
Rigatoni sounds wonderful! I'm sitting here eating a big salad in hopes that I can use the bathroom before I weigh in tonight at my class. Too much info?
Old 06-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #9  
Thursday Lady

Afternoon,
LOL Tammy---you made me laugh! We do the craziest things before we weigh, don't we!
Yesterday I went to an ENT doctor. Wow, they didn't take my blood pressure or have a scale. The nurse asked about how much I weighed.
Okay, I don't know what a Zumba class means. It sounds like an African dance.
Jeanne, I love your plans for summer. Bravo for losing weight. Keep it up! How was supper? You inspired me to get my crock pot cookbooks out.

Dori, thanks for the encouragement. If I can get rid of this sinus/throat infection, I vow to stay well for the rest of the year.

Susan, how many more hours!!!!!!!
Maureen,
Old 06-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #10  

We definitely do strange things before we weigh. One night a couple months ago, a woman took off her pants before she got weighed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're all women in the class, but my goodness! LOL to the nurse asking about how much you weighed.

"Zumba is a fusion of Latin dance themes creating an exciting, effective fitness program! Routines feature aerobic/fitness training with fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt the body. It is fun and easy to do!" I copied that from the Y program guide that I had sitting in front of me.

I used to use my crock pots all the time. I had 1 large and 1 small, and they were in use almost every day of the week. Sold those 2 at our auction and Tim bought us a newer one for our anniversary a couple years ago. After he went to college, I bought a much smaller one for Bob and me to use. We even took that one to Georgia with us when we went for the month.

Hoping I get to move my butterfly after I get back from class tonight.
Good luck to everyone tomorrow for weigh ins!
Old 06-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #11  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone. Hope your day is going well. Not much going on. I have been doing pretty well with my water intake. Its amazing how much better you feel when you get in your water. I'm doing a little better with the food side. Not great but definately better. I'm telling myself "baby steps."
Tammy, Zumba is fun, but I would have to take the intro class before trying it again. I did it one day with my daughter and only made it 1/2 hour and I thought I was going to pass out! LOL It was a lot of fun though even if I couldn't keep up. It looks easy til you do it. I can definately see how it would help with losing weight.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week.....
Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #12  

Sis, glad to hear that someone has tried Zumba and thinks it is fun. I'm sure I'll have to improvise on stuff like I do now, and that's ok.

I was only down .6 at weigh in tonight, so I can't move my butterfly. The leader told me that she thinks maybe I need to bump up the exercise some. I just looked at her. I know that I'm doing alot more than many others in the class, and honestly I am ok with losing slowly (at least I'm losing finally). I was pretty discouraged about her comment.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #13  
Susan

2 MORE DAYS!!!! then freedom!!!!!

Ya'll crack me up!!!! I needed a good laugh!

Jeanne, I knew you weren't blaming us! But could you give me a good swift kick to get in gear!!!

Tina, I had NO idea was Zumba was either! It sounds dangerous to me!!

Tammy, I think a spa with ice cream would be a perfect place!!! Let's go!!!

Sis, I laughed when you said you would pass out, I would be on the floor with you!!!!

I went to the dr today. My surgery is scheduled for next week on June 10. I have to be at the hospital at 6:00 am! At least I'll still be asleep Plus I won't have to go too long without eating since I can eat anything after midnight!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:43 AM   #14  
jeanne

Morning everyone! The oddest thing..........Weds. I was sitting at a traffic light and the car infront of me had a static cling on their window.........ZUMBA! Then I get on here this morning and there was all this talk about Zumba. Oh no...........I think someones trying to tell me something!!!!
Last night we went to the baseball game. (The Butler Blue Sox) Fortunately it was a beautiful evening and we walked to the stadium.

Susan - Good Luck Weds. Keep us posted. I wish I could offer to do something for you......but.......we're too far away!

Tammy - .6 is good! Don't let the leaders comment affect you! Sometimes, they chose the dumbest things to say to us!!!

Tina - You know, after you said that about the ENT doctors office, I got to thinking, the one we go to doesn't have one either! I hope you get that infection under control soon so you can enjoy the summer.

Sis - Sounds like you are right on track!!! Keep up that healthy water intake! Thats what I need to work on!

Well I have to get ready for work! Oh that darn chocolate!!!!

Have a great day!

Last edited by jar1965; 06-05-2009 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #15  

Susan, FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!! Wonder where we could find that spa with ice cream? I'm with you on getting there early for the surgery. I've had to not eat after midnight before, and then I don't have to be there till 10 or 11, and then they run late! aargh!

Jeanne, I do think someone is trying to tell you to do Zumba. do it, and we'll compare notes! I'm still a little bothered by the leader's comments, but I'm getting better about it. I have good days with water and then not so good days. I haven't had any chocolate for a while. Maybe I could sub for you for a couple of days!

Tim and I were going to do lunch after church, and I said I just wanted to sleep. I slept almost 2 hours, and I still feel exhausted. Maybe I'm doing too much. I think cutting back to 2 days a week will help this summer.

Hope you have a had a great weekend!