Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2000, 11:19 PM   #1  
soon to be thin

The other thread was getting abit long.

Robin congrats on the 1# loss every # counts! Yes, exercise is important I have been pretty good in that dept, but the eating dept is another story! I think my period is near because my eating gets way out of control!

Have a great day!

------------------
TALK TO YOU "LIGHTER"
Tammie
Old 11-11-2000, 11:14 AM   #2  

Hi Thrilling Thirties -

Hope you don't mind if I join in. I just started back on WW on 11/2 and have found these message boards a great alternative to standing in front of the fridge! As long as I keep typing and posting, it's hard to put anything in my mouth! Except water of course.

I've actually had a very good first week. I was down 4.75 lbs. I think that had a bit to do with the fact that I had a "last supper" (actually lunch) the day that I went to my first meeting! Whatever the reason for the loss, it was very encouraging and quite good reinforcement to stick to this new eating lifestyle.

A little about me: I'm 34, single, live in Ohio (near Cleveland) and have a dog and two cats. I work as a Data Network Engineer and plan on getting back to a good exercise schedule in a week or so. I walk everyday with my dog, but it's nothing intense!

It's nice to be here!

Mary

------------------
186/181.25/130
Old 11-11-2000, 08:21 PM   #3  
One Day At A Time

Welcome Mary, it's nice to see a new face around here. Our thread has gotten a little quiet lately, so please post often!!!

I'll tell you a little about me...I'm 29, married w/2 kids...Bryanna (5) & Reagan (3 1/2 months). I just this week started working from home doing legal transcription for a court reporting agency. This is my umpteenth time w/WW, but I hope to stick w/it long enough to get to goal this time. I've gotten close a couple of times, but regained the weight after quitting.

Good luck to you

Robin
Old 11-12-2000, 12:18 PM   #4  

Hi Robin,

Nice to meet you - I had read through the previous post for this group and saw your progress from looking for a job to finding and starting this new one doing trancription. I hope it goes well for you.

I looked into court reporting school a few years ago. I guess there is a pretty good one not to far away from me (in Fairlawn, OH). A friend of mine in college used to tell me stories about her friend who did it and found that it offered a great combination of flexible hours and relatively good pay. The benefit of getting to work from home is worth alot. I work about 50/50 at home and in the office. I have dial-in access to the network that I support and can do most of my job from any location that can provide me an analog dial-in line! Sometimes it's nice to work in pajamas!

I'm staying very focused on one day, one meal at a time. I just went out to dinner for my friend's birthday and did pretty well. I ate a bowl of Kashi Good Friend's right before I left so that I wouldn't be starving when we got to the restaurant. We had Chinese and what was really nice was that the restaurant had a "heart healthy" sub-menu that had local hospital approval and each meal was listed with all of the nutritional information. I was thrilled to see that the Hunan Shrimp had fewer calories than the Hunan Chicken - it's great when a favorite turns out to be the better choice. My "splurge" was a spring roll. It was pretty oily - but also pretty tasty!

Everyone have a good day on plan on Sunday!

Mary
Old 11-14-2000, 01:13 AM   #5  
soon to be thin

Good afternoon: Well, my eating still isn't going so well, maybe tomorrow will be better

Marywelcome to the group! This group is small but, I was in another group Thru thick & thin and it has got so big I got so overwhelmed trying to respond to everyone so now I'm pretty much here. I'm 36 married for 15 yrs and have 2 boys Brett 5 years old and Ryan 10 years old. I work evenings so I can be home with the kids when needed.

Robin I hope your new job is going well.

------------------
TALK TO YOU "LIGHTER"
Tammie
Old 11-14-2000, 05:19 AM   #6  
One Day At A Time

Mary...chinese food - YUMMY!!! - I ate some last week, but overdid it a little. I had mixed vegetable, an egg roll, hot & sour soup & (accidentally!!! LOL) 3 macaroons. My fav is Sesame Chicken, but since it's breaded, it's off my choices - the 2 chinese restaurants in my town don't have it anyway. You're lucky that the restaurant has the nutritional info.

Tammie...the job front is looking good. The lady I work for was just here to pick up my first transcript & gave me one to finish up that she's been working on. It's an appeal of a teen-ager who shot his father 2 yrs. ago. I understand the eating...I seemed out of control a couple wks ago, but this week is going really well. I kind of dread Thanksgiving because I know I'll over-eat. It only comes once a year after all. And, of course, Christmas is next month & over-eating will happen again. I have exercised 2 days this week & all of 5 min. last night. Hopefully I'll get some in tonight.

Take care,
Robin
Old 11-15-2000, 12:32 AM   #7  
soon to be thin

Good afternoon: I can't seem to get my eating under control, right now I have this big bowl of sweet puffs cereal!!

Everyone: Have a great day!

------------------
TALK TO YOU "LIGHTER"
Tammie
Old 11-15-2000, 06:32 AM   #8  
One Day At A Time

All right Tammie...we're going to have to get your eating under control If I wasn't stuffed right now, you'd make me hungry!!! LOL

Robin
Old 11-15-2000, 11:26 PM   #9  
soon to be thin

Good afternoon: Today is going pretty good so far. Tom started last night, so maybe that's why my eating has been out of control! Today for lunch I had an egg salad sandwich and I cut it up and ate it with a fork! It seemed more like a meal that way.

------------------
TALK TO YOU "LIGHTER"
Tammie
Old 11-16-2000, 04:50 AM   #10  

tam36: That egg salad sandwich sounds good. That's the perfect thing to add all kinds of 0 points foods to - tomatoes, relish, celery. Then it's like a salad but with the added richness of the egg.

I think you just gave me an idea for dinner or tomorrows lunch! Thanks!

Robin How's your new job going? Have you received feedback on the most recent things that you've been working on? Hope it's going well at your house!

Mary
Old 11-17-2000, 07:47 PM   #11  
One Day At A Time

Hey Tammie & Mary...looks like we're the only ones around here now.

Weigh-in was yesterday & their scale showed that I lost 1 lb., however my scales are showing a 3 lb. loss. Of course, I have to go by theirs, but I'm annoyed that it only showed 1. I did have to wear jeans yesterday because it was very cold, but I still should have seen a 2 lb. loss. Oh well, maybe next time will be really good, but I doubt it since Thanksgiving is next Thursday. My next meeting will be in 2 wks since Thanksgiving is on our w/i day. I ended up only exercising 2 days this past week & I can't seem to get myself to do any better. Reagan still only cat-naps, so when he does take a nap, I try to work some. I guess I'm just going to have to set aside a time to exercise & MAKE myself do it.

How is it going with you two?

Mary...have you had a w/i lately?

Tammie...how's the eating going? Has it slowed down now that TOM has started? My eating seems to increase then to. Then again, some weeks that aren't even near it, I go beserk & think that I'm starving the whole entire wk :confused:

Take care & have a great w/e
Robin
Old 11-18-2000, 02:21 AM   #12  
soon to be thin

Good afternoon: yesterday went well I didn't overeat! Today I seem to be hungry I'm so tempted to eat a dount, but I wont

meewolfie I hope your egg salad was good, You gave me some ideas to add to my next sandwich

Byrd Wow! I could never wear jeans to a weigh in, I wear my lightest clothes possible and usually I wear that to all my weigh ins I wonder if anyone notices? Oh well, that's too bad.

Have a great day!!

------------------
TALK TO YOU "LIGHTER"
Tammie
Old 11-18-2000, 11:54 PM   #13  

Hi! I'm new here. My name is JoAnn. I'm 33 and have to daughters 3 and 15 months. I've joined and quit WW so many times I've lost count. This last time I joined in July and have stuck with it but have only lost about 8 lbs. I've lost 15 since 1 year ago though when my youngest was 3 months old. I am determined to lose about 15 more lbs and keep it off. I am having a terrible time with low blood sugar and have been trying to eat more protein.

This past week I thought I'd get to my 10% but ended up GAINING 0.8 instead of losing the 0.8 I needed to.

Thanksgiving will be tough especially if I go home to Mom's house!

JoAnn
Old 11-21-2000, 12:11 AM   #14  
soon to be thin

Good afternoon: Today is going ok . I've been sick these last 2 days! I finally feel pretty good and unfortunately my appetite is back!!

Joann welcome to the group. Its a small group as you see . Its nice to have a new member. I too have joined ww several time I made to goal along time ago so I only have to pay the $11. when I go. Right now money is tight so I haven't weighed in at WW for awhile.

Have a nice Day!

197/181/140

------------------
TALK TO YOU "LIGHTER"
Tammie
Old 11-21-2000, 10:28 AM   #15  
One Day At A Time

Welcome JoAnn...it's nice to see new faces pop up!!!!

Tammie...seems like sickness is going around. I've got two sick children & I either have a cold or my allergies are just attacking very heavily & my asthma is horrible I took Bryanna to the dr. Thursday & she has pneumonia & I took Reagan today & he has to take breathing treatments for 5 days. I did a breathing treatment on myself tonight too & it helped for a while. I may just use the med. for both of us.

Tomorrow I pick-up Reagan's first pictures. They are gorgeous & I can't wait to hang them on the wall

Take care,
Robin
Closed Thread