Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2000, 08:55 PM   #31  
soon to be thin

Good morning: Boy, today I'm feeling sorta dizzy. I hate that feeling. I think maybe I'm getting a cold!

Mary Yes, I think your right shopping is exercise! The weigh in for Friday would be fine with me.

Kim congrats on your loss that is great news! I wish I hated cheese. I love it!

Amy a massage sounds great! Wow your in a spinning class? I don't think I would have the energy good for you

Have a great day!

------------------
TALK TO YOU "LIGHTER"
Tammie
Old 11-30-2000, 09:11 PM   #32  

Amy-See, not only are you MY workout idol...you are also Tammie's! Keep pushing us to get our fannies in gear for this part of our challenge. My co-worker that commited to walk with me after work on Mondays and Wednesdays bailed on me yesterday!!! I even waited for her to get off a conference call (an hour past my regular schedule) and she snuck(sp?) out on me...THE NERVE!

Did you join today? You better say yes or I'll have to shout some expletives at you! You remember what we agreed...no nicey stufff when if comes to not doing what you say you'd do. Do you have snow?

Tammie-Have you tried a spinning class? Good Lord! I'm not EXTREMELY overweight, but my God that was torture! I lasted 10 or 15 minutes and had to go to the locker room. Seriously thought I was having a frickin' heart attack. Amy says she enjoys it...I don't know, she must be into some strange stuff .

Talk to me girls...I'm ready to be a chick!!
Old 12-01-2000, 07:52 AM   #33  

What a great feeling-- I mean it. I joined tonight-- really the hard part for me is over!

Here is motivation for exercising-- after you lose your 10% you can earn points for any time you spend exercising. Up to 10 a day-- 10, that is a big deal.

You know-- I started out really slow-- just walking a loop I mapped out in my little town. It is a 3.2 mile loop and in the beginning I took me forever to walk it (1998) but it snow balled into this addiction. People eye me all the time in spinning- or on the treadmills-- thinking "look at that fat woman"-- "she won't make it" or "she won't go far". I can see it as they stare at me-- One woman came up to me and said-- "I can't believe you are still running-- I have to quit after 20 minutes and you are still going strong (I ran 45 minutes that day)-- I thought for sure you'd stop before me-- way to go!" This woman was not overweight-- and I was whooping her butt. It has to do with energy and aerobic fitness-- not size-- although I image once I drop my weight the running times should move up along with my energy level.

Even at 182.75-- my body fat percentage is 24.7%-- it was 34% two years ago. My goal is 21% which falls within the healthiest range(high end). I had my body fat calculated by a fitness trainer with calibers so it is pretty accurate-- be leary of the ones on websites that let you compute yours right on-line. Much more information can affect your % outcome.

You can all do it!! Just start easy! And I am telling you give that spinning class another chance!! And the more you move the more you lose and the more points you get to bank!

Well thanks everyone for motivating me to join-- this thread is great! I hope everyone is doing well and keeping your eyes on the gold!! We can all do this!

Amy
182.75/150
Old 12-01-2000, 08:35 AM   #34  

Amy-After I read your e-mail, I knew you'd be hear shouting your excitement from the rooftop. All I can say is congratulations for steping on that scale and setting your goal! Also, you're going to motivate me...I can feel it. Too bad you don't live in NC, I could really get motivated if I looked outside my front door each day and saw you standing there tapping your foot and looking at your watch...making me go to the gym! NJ right? I have a brother in law in Jersey City.

Anyway....congrats in a GREAT BIG WAY!

Kim
Old 12-02-2000, 08:05 PM   #35  

Hello--

Tami I hope you are feeling better-- did you come down with a cold??? It is always so hard to stay OP when you are not feeling well--after all ritz crackers, soup and gingerale are such comfy foods and for me make all the difference when I'm not feeling well. I hope you are okay--

Well I am off to a good start-- yesterday I ate all of my points-- and WOW I was eatting alot!! I can't believe it-- I think I was eating from the minute I woke up until I went to sleep. I really felt a difference yesterday-- like not hunger but lighter because I think I ate only half of what I usually eat and then my points were gone. I also forgot how much one pees when drinking tons of water. I spent half my day in the bathroom yesterday-- which wasn't easy because I was running errands all day. Let's see I went in Toy Works, Bradlees, McDonalds and on the way home I couldn't make it so I had to stop at our shop (my husband and I own a machine shop) and pee there too. I drank 64 oz of water yesterday. But it felt so cleansing!

Anyway --- Love to hear from everyone this is a CRAZY time of year to be cutting back and we will all need each others support to get through this season!!!

Got to go-- off to Christmas shopping with my kids-- on a saturday with kids-- I MUST BE NUTS!!

AMY
Closed Thread