Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2000, 02:05 AM   #16  
Fun Blonde

Doxie - That is wonderful! I just looked over the bios before I came to the site, so I know you are from Iowa. And I remember that you said you like to shop to celebrate successes! Hey for the 10%, you owe yourself a "shop till you drop" day.

While I was looking at the bios, I noticed so many people who don't post much anymore. I hope Silvergal, Countrygal, TitalCardFan and all the others haven't forgotten about us.

Schoolgirl - You really sound as if you love your crafting. Now.....if we could just get you together with Slavika and Trudy, maybe we could get those treeskirts done a bit faster!

I hope everyone is looking at some of the good receipes, at least one that is a WW dessert so you don't feel deprived. If I can just eat along with everyone else and TALK, I think I can manage this big day. You know, when I have used my head at these shindigs, I know I feel so much better than those people who sit around all afternoon with their pants unzipped, snoring.

I have to tell you about how I am becoming a mean old fart! At noon I went out and the line was so long in front of the restaurant that I had trouble finding a parking place, but I did spy one. I had to parallel park and was just in position to do that when a little car just zoomed in and took the space. I was so aggravated! So I did find a parking place and went over and talked to the lady who was still sitting in her car. I told her that I thought that was so ill-mannered to steal my parking place and that she didn't look like she would be that way. She told me she didn't even see me. I can believe that, but she should have looked. Anyway, that is the first time I have ever done anything like that. It is a wonder I am still alive! It almost seems that I am not willing to have people walk all over me anymore like I have done all my life. I still am and was polite, just not willing to "take it" so much anymore. Wow! I guess I have grown an "edge."

Glenda

Old 11-22-2000, 07:56 AM   #17  
Net browser

GOOD FOR YOU GLENDA

Old 11-22-2000, 10:15 AM   #18  

Glenda - YOU GO GIRL!
Old 11-22-2000, 10:53 AM   #19  
Super Surfer

Glenda..Wow, I am impressed with you. It reminded me of "Fried Green Tomatoes" & Kathy Bates. The first time the young gals took her parking spot they said "we are younger & faster", the 2nd time they tried Kathy cut them off with her big car and said "I'm older & have more insurance" LOL
Contratulations ~ you're going to be a Grandma...next year at this time you'll be Christmas shopping for a Grandchild.
I know what you mean about the "cranky" people on other boards. I sure had a good laugh last week when I was reading some of them.
Schoolgirl & Doxie..sorry, no Tree Skirts for you this year, however instead of a white sheet, I can send you my length of shiny white fabric I used to fluff up around the tree. I told myself it looked like snow. And, if I am not mistaken Slavika has some white curtain she used to use. However, no promises until we finish our skirts, we still have the binding to put on.
Doxie..WTG on reaching your 10% goal. You are on your way!
Phyllis..Nice to "see" a another new face. Are you a WW123 member too?

Tonight, as we were going out of the house, our back door knob broke. So, after Hubby is asleep, I will put a chair in front of the door. This will be the only way I will get any sleep. We have an alarm system, but I need the peace of mind. He is in for a surprise in the morning. We were burglarized a few years ago and I feel uneasy sometimes.

I had a good WI today, I am still OP and trying very hard to get back to goal. I hope everyone had a good one too.
Old 11-23-2000, 01:09 AM   #20  

Hello everyone!
So good to see you all.
I'm hanging in there! Working up the steam again. But feeling positive. You all are great!
Working toward OP ~~gAnne

------------------
Weight-loss dialogue with Oscar & Anne at http://www.geocities.com/photoglo
Old 11-23-2000, 09:21 AM   #21  
Net browser

Hi Everybody: Had a very busy day today. Went shopping and had lunch with my friend, and boy did we ever shop. I got a lot of my Christmas shopping completed even bought more wrapping paper.
I have to tell you gals I visited gANNE's page and I was really impressed. Her pictures are truly lovely and her running dialogue with "Oscar" makes an interesting "journal". Go and take a peek.
TO ALL OF YOU CELEBRATING THANKSGIVING
TOMORROW ~~~~~~~a very very Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families.

"Talk" to you all later.
Old 11-23-2000, 10:39 AM   #22  
Super Surfer

I also visited gAnne's page, and was truly impressed. You are a very talented photograher Anne, loved the little sayings. Oscar is so cute. Anne it sounds to me like you have some good motivation going.

We took my Mom shopping for a new winter jacket. She needed something light weight, but warm. We went to The Bay department store, and drove through 3 levels of parking and found 1 spot empty on the roof. The store was packed. It was an exhausting afternoon. I still have Christmas shopping to look forward too.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING...I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Goodnight all...

[This message has been edited by Trudy (edited 11-22-2000).]
Old 11-24-2000, 10:13 AM   #23  

Hi Slavika -- Remember me? Just stopping in to say Happy Thanksgiving to you and your group.

Take care.
Dianne
Old 11-24-2000, 09:24 PM   #24  

Hi Everyone - It's been a while since I posted, Sorry
My youngest son reinstalled Windows for me and it always takes a while to get all my stuff back.
I've had two days off and have been shopping, shopping, shopping Unfortunately not much luck. My DH's Christmas party is in two weeks and I need something to wear. Nothing from last year fits - yeah!!! It's all too big.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I guess everyone needs creative ideas for leftover turkey. I could use some myself. With any luck I'll have some left over at Christmas. With two adult sons in the house that's not always the way.
I'm off to work again this evening. I have to get to the grocery store this morning so my family won't starve while I'm working this weekend.

I hope everyone has a great op weekend.

Siggi

[This message has been edited by Siggi (edited 11-24-2000).]
Old 11-25-2000, 12:14 AM   #25  

Hello everyone!
I guess most people are out shopping today... BIG shopping day. Thank you Slavika and Trudy for visiting my "Oscar&Anne" site. It's fun. Today Oscar tried to help me... again... to not quit out of discouragement. Is there a saying to the effect: "I am my own worst enemy" "We met the enemy, and it was us." Or something like that! Well, that's me! Commitment is, I think, the key. I think there are lots of books written on commitment and how to develop determination, etc. "Stick-to-it-ness" Well, I'm here... so as Oscar would say "That's progress!"
Sorry to bore you with this. You are a great group of ladies and I admire each and every one of you!! ((big hug)) ~~gAnne

------------------
Weight-loss dialogue with Oscar & Anne at http://www.geocities.com/photoglo
Old 11-25-2000, 05:31 PM   #26  

Good morning all

Did we all survive the "Big" shopping day. DH went along with me and by the time we got home both of us were ready for the rag bag. But got most of the Christmas shopping done . Have to get all wrapped because My 8 year old GD spends time here after school most days and don't want her to see all the goodies. But first I gotta go to the craft show today.

We had a great day with part of my family that lives here in town. Way too much food as always. Had to bring a pie home but found I could not leave it alone so it's in the garbage now .

Been up for about an hour now sometime I just wake up and can't go back to sleep. Any way this morning when I looked out the livingroom window I saw 5 deer and 1 rabbit feasting on the bird and squirrel food . I always know they are there but don't get to see them often. There is a wooded area across the street and behind my house where they hang out.

Hope all are having a great holiday weekend. I'm really enjoying this one as for many years I have worked the holiday and the weekend. So even though I stay busy with WW I still get some of the perks of Retirement.

Karen
Old 11-25-2000, 11:55 PM   #27  
Net browser

Hi everybody: Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving Day.
Trudy and I and our mates went to a 20th anniversary party for DEE and her DH last night. They had a band that played and sang Country music that was really very good. They were dressed like ragamuffins but they sure sounded good. Dee looked really really lovely in a straight cut floor length sleeveless gold gown with her hair all piled up on her head. She is on a nitro patch now and made it through the evening without too much difficulty.
My brother made me a "squirrel box" to put the squirrel feeder in and protect all his food from the snow. I set it up so that when I am working in the kitchen I can see him from the window. I'm happy I have a squirrel KAREN there you are looking out your window at deer. Lucky you.
I'm having a birthday dinner for my son tomorrow and I want to do a bit of baking so I better hop to it.
I got the seam binding on my Christmas skirt and now I am in the process of hand stitching the binding to the back of the skirt. Then it will be done. I think I may sew some embelishments on it like gold bottons and pretty gold ribbon or satin red and green ribbon.
I got on the scale this morning and didn't over do last night so I was happy.
Talk to you all later.
Old 11-26-2000, 07:53 AM   #28  
Net browser

TA DA EVERYBODY My Christmas tree skirt is finished and there's nobody even hanging out here for me to tell.
Ah, that is so sad.
Old 11-26-2000, 08:05 AM   #29  
Life Time 2001

Doxie: Congrats on the 10% thats great! You are doing a super job on the weight loss! You go girl!

GAnne: I checked out your page. Your art work is wonderful! Theh whole page is great! Im very impressed! You did a super job on it!

Slavika: WOO HOO!!!!!!!! You got MY treeskirt done! Just in time to!! Now you can get it in the mail and then when I get it I will go buy my tree!
Glad you got it done, bet it is beautiful!

Just got home today so I didnt make my WW meeting this am. But I was OP while gone. But then it was easy as I dont like my DH Mom's cooking at all.....

Hi to everybody else! Sounds like you all had a great week!

Old 11-27-2000, 08:01 AM   #30  
Net browser

EXCUSE ME where is everybody these days? Are you gals still celebrating Thanksgiving?
SIGGI Hi there. Isn't it nice when things are TOO BIG. Actually the pants I wore to the 20th Anniversary party I was talking about are too big on me this year. I got them last year and have not lost any more weight but I guess from walking on the treadmill, the weight is arranged differently Well I will take them in and I even have to hem them up. Go figure.
LILY good for you that you did not over eat during your Thanksgiving holiday.
I had my Son's birthday dinner this evening and don't think I did too badly points wise. I only had the smallest piece of birthday cake (it was kind of dry anyway)
Closed Thread