Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2000, 10:30 AM   #16  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri, you are doing great WAY TO GO!!!
It is so cool to hear how pumped you are . Good incentive for the rest of us. 150's.....omg, I haven't seen that since I was 18. Go for it!

So sorry to hear about your dog being ill. We all fall in love with our pets, don't we? The good part is, they know it, and feel it.

Am feeling kind of down, really having a hard time staying OP..am looking forward to Monday. Thank G-- for Mondays and fresh starts!!!! I know I could have a fresh start any day, but there's something about the new week......

Have a beautiful Sunday, everyone.
football......yes!!!!!!!

Jen
Old 11-13-2000, 08:20 AM   #17  

Hello, buddies:

Sounds like everyone is doing okay this week. I've had a cold, but its getting better. Spent this past friday visiting SUNY Binghamton college with my daughter and it was poring rain. They kept taking us in and out of buildings into the rain, so that didn't help my cold. But, I'll live, LOL.

It seems strange to be going on college tours with my baby girl, kind of sad but exciting at the same time. If she goes away, like she plans, then my hubby and I will be all alone for most of the year. That will seem really weird. Our son is in Columbia University, so he's just in the city, not so far away, but its not the same, is it? Oh, well, I guess I feeling a little meloncholy. I will miss her so much, we are very close. But that's all a part of life, isn't it?

Essie, I know you (and everyone else) is going to hate me, but I finished my Christmas shopping except for my husband. Okay, okay, don't all hit me at once, LOL!
In my defense, I had to start early since we have 7 children (and some spouses)and 12 grandchildren. I did everything on-line like last year and I love it!!! Most stores like toy-r-us, amazon, etc. offer free shipping if you spend over a certain amount, but let me tell you, even if I have to pay the shipping, its worth it to me not to have to go into those crazy stores!

Well, gotta go take my cold medicines, so maybe I can go to work tomorrow. Hope you all have a great week.

Oh, Terri, I think you mentioned the 3fatchicks chat room -- I go there, its now called the chat pod, I believe and my name is the same - decemberdianne. I'll look for you.

Take care,
Dianne
Old 11-13-2000, 08:51 PM   #18  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
Hope you're recovering from your cold and feeling better. I'm impressed that you've got your Christmas shopping finished...and would be a little bit jealous if I hadn't gotten a start on mine already!
I can understand your hesitation to send your "baby" off to college. It's a new direction that the family takes when the youngest grows up. It's bittersweet, we are so proud to see them go forward, yet so sad that they can't stay behind with us.

Terri, I've checked out the chat room on occasion, don't go on a regular basis. IM's are ok with me; my email is [email protected]. It seems to me that last year the fab 40's group tried to chat at a designated time. Should we give it a shot?
We could perhaps chose a weeknight that would be convenient for everyone and go at that time. Anyone interested?

Essie, I've got to be honest here and say that I've totally fallen by the wayside in the exercise department. I'm going to start (again!) this morning as soon as I finish this post, already have the video in and ready to go. I love to read your posts, you always sound so enthused about exercise!

Myra and Satin...hi! Have a great week.

Jen
Old 11-13-2000, 10:07 PM   #19  

Hi Everyone

No, I have not forgotten everyone but like you december I too have a cold. Stuck in my head and I am off work today trying to nurse myself back on my feet. I don't mind cozying on the couch and staying home but it makes a mess of my program. I just can't seem to count my points when I am sick I just end up letting it slide. I also am a little put out that after making it to two karate classes I don't think I will be able to go tonight because of this cold, my balance would be way off. I think I will have to plan for Thursday. I do think a lot when I am sick and the one thing is that I know I have all the tools I need to do this right but I have to use them. I know how to eat, how to exercise, what works the best for me. Now to just do it!!

Ahhh!!! I just got one of those calls from a carpet cleaning company. I really wish they would think of a better way than this. I would never even use a company that called me by phone.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing really good. Missed being here since you guys really are the best.

Take care of you
Satin
Old 11-14-2000, 02:46 AM   #20  

Thanks Jen. My pup is so cute and seems so much younger!
Here's to MONDAYS!! FRESH START!!!!
I would love to chat! My IM screen name is:
Bamamom41. My e-mail is [email protected]
That is also for MSN. It'd be great if we caught up in the the chat pod.
Dianne,
Oh, I have 4 more yrs. to worry about college. I know it will go fast. Congrats on such great motivated children.
Congrats on the Christmas Shopping! I should be done by Thanksgiving. I love getting done early! Your grandchildren are lucky!!!!
Satin,
I hope you are feeling better. You too Dianne! I hate colds!

Well, I was worried about eating at my youngest son's football skating party. I found a way to handle it (Although I don't recommend it). Have your son knock out his permanant front tooth. Gets rid of the appetite everytime. Poor thing. It was my older son, Brandon that did it. Bruce had to run him to the ER and then eventually to the dentist for Emergency dental work. I stayed (Hubby is much better at emergencies with the kids) with Britts and Bradley so he could get his trophy. I was a wreck. Didn't have house keys, was 20 miles from home, uncharged cell phone, list goes on and on. It looks like extensive dental work down the road. (couldn't save the tooth, nothing to attach it to). I ate nothing. Saved up my points too. I had 5 points yesterday.
Brandon was eating up the attention last night. Glad he didn't think to ask for a Playstation 2 or anything, he might have gotten it. LOL
Terri
Old 11-14-2000, 05:52 AM   #21  

Hi Guys

Terri, I am so sorry about Bucky My Susie will be 8 yrs old Dec. 15th. It seems like yesterday when I got her. She's a cute little chubby thing. The chat room idea sounds like fun. I would love it. Let me know.

Jen, you need a {{{hug}}} You are right about Mondays. They can be "start overs". Hope this will be a better week for you.

Dianne, you finished Christmas shopping? Girlfriend, you put me to shame. I didn't buy not even one gift yet. I'm starting right after Thanksgiving. You gave me a great idea about shopping on-line. I get so stressed in crowded stores. Long lines, slow cashiers & the mall is always hot! I am very impressed Awwwww, your baby is going away to college. I remember when my niece went away my sister cried for a week. It'll give you & your hubby time to either get closer or kill eachother LOL. Feel better real soon.

Satin, I think when we don't feel well it's hard to keep track of our points. My Mom use to swear by chicken soup. But who has the energy to make it? Hope you feel better soon Kiddo.

I'm doing pretty good. It's a struggle more days than others but I usually survive them. I know I sound like a broken record but if it wasn't for the exercise I would be a mess. What are you all doing for Thanksgiving? Any recipe ideas?

I didn't mean for this post to be so long. It's just that I missed all of you.
Have a goodnight everyone.

[This message has been edited by livingfit426 (edited 11-13-2000).]
Old 11-14-2000, 09:32 AM   #22  
Queen of the Fresh Start

It's so good to see so many posts.

Terri, that's awful about your son's tooth. How old is he? I really feel for him. Of course it would happen when you're least expecting an emergency. How does he feel now? It must have hurt terribly. Thank goodness that dental technology has progressed to the point that he'll be able to have an implant, or the like. Like any other mom who will read your post, I had to laugh about the Playstation 2....my "baby" just bought his. Now we can add it to the video game warehouse we have. Nintendo 64, Playstation, the old Atari (!), I could go on and on. The good part is....he buys them himself now

Essie, I like to read your posts, don't worry about them being too long. Look at mine. Thanks for the hug! I had a pretty good day today. Dug around and found my old Richard Simmons' Sweatin to the Oldies #2....and I did, and I WAS!! lol..... At any rate, I feel great, and it's going on 10 oclock here. Exercise does have a way of revving us up, both mentally and physically, I just have to keep at it. As far as Thanksgiving goes, we're just having our daughter and her family. I'm making all the traditional dishes I've always made. Just taking a spoon of each and calling it quits. We'll be eating it for 3 days or so, no need to worry about overeating on the big day!

Satin, hope you're feeling better. The cold season seems to have hit hard this year already, and it's only November. I remember back in the 80's, when I joined WW for the first (? ! ) time, we were worried about taking Nyquil. Our leaders always told us to expect a gain if we medicated ourselves for a cold. Just get better, and then you'll be back on track.

I cleaned out a closet that is in the dining room yesterday. It's kind of a "junk" closet. Well, actually, not any longer : it's now functional and organized. Only took me 7 hours to get it how I wanted it! Had to run out and buy totes...what did we ever do without them? My point is....came across my WW pamphlets from 1989. Of course I couldn't use the journals, or food plans. But the motivational and planning books are pretty cool. And since it's been so long since I've read them, it's like a new pep rally. I'm gonna read them every morning!

Anyone up for a chat? What evening would be good for everyone?

Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenny523 (edited 11-13-2000).]
Old 11-14-2000, 03:43 PM   #23  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Terri,
I'm so sorry to hear about Bucky. My prayers are with you and him. I know how close you are to him. I envy you not being a nervous eater. I am struggling with my tendency to eat out the house whenever I am under stress. I'm trying to control that, but it is very difficult.

I hope everyone else is well.

Myra
Old 11-14-2000, 04:15 PM   #24  

Goodmorning Jen, Terri, Myra, Dianne & Satin,

Myra, I see we're up in the wee hours of the morning. I already cooked dinner. Leaves the evenings just for me

I have to make this short cause I have to get ready for work. I read somewhere that with the new change in WW carrots are going to be counted as 1 pt. I guess this means all the starchy veggies are not going to be zero anymore.

Jen, I threw out all my old programs. When the points plan first came out one of the leaders said, "go home & throw out all your old books", and silly me did exactly what she said. The only one I have is the Selections where you have 700 personal selections for the week or is it optional calories? Anyway, I tried it for 1 day & found it too complicated. I do find that it keeps you more aware of the food groups.

I better get going!!! I'll be back later or tomorrow a.m.

Have a great day
Old 11-14-2000, 10:37 PM   #25  

Thanks so much Myra and Essie! I will miss him so bad. He has been my companion for so long. He loves me the most and is by my side all the time. Why can't they live longer. Suzie sounds adorable Essie. I know how much you love your kitty Myra. Is it one or two kitties? I'm having brain freeze right now.

Jen,
Thanks. He is 9 yrs. old. It still looks like a little boy whose tooth didn't come in yet. But in 2 yrs. he won't. I want the implant/crown whatever done yesterday but that won't happen. It will take awhile depending on the position of teeth not down yet. Complicated stuff. WHEW!!!!
Can't wait til' my kids buy their own games. We have Nintendo 64, sega dreamcast and just donated Super Nintendo to Goodwill. We also have the Game Boy Color. At least it isn't hard to figure out what to buy for Christmas.
LOL
I love to organize closets. Thanks for getting me moving!!!!

Hi everyone!!!!! Thanksgiving is 9 days away. What happened to the first half of November? It whizzed by!!!!!
Terri
Old 11-15-2000, 04:18 PM   #26  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Terri,
Actually I have three (one kitten and two adult cats). Patty, my rainbow colored tabby (she has every color of the kitty rainbow) is about 2 1/2, Midnight, my black cat, is 1 1/2 and my kitty Chrissy, a tan tabby, is about 8 weeks old. Yes, I love them all very much. Pets are definitely a joy in our lives.

Myra
Old 11-15-2000, 08:56 PM   #27  

Oh Myra! I want to cuddle with them right now! They sound so cute!
About 10 yrs. ago my brother found a little (weeks old) black kitten on Halloween night. (Black cat on halloween night-ooohh) He had been hit by a car. Probably grazed. His mouth was a little mangled. My mom and him called their vet and the vet asked my mom (of all people) if she wanted to save him. DUH!!!! They named him Magic and he is still with my mom. She never owned a cat before. They are crazy about him. Our next door neighbor's cat is all black too and his name is "BOSS CAT" and he is the boss. LOL
I think I might get a kitten with the next puppy. I love em all.
Kiss your kitties for me.
Terri
Old 11-16-2000, 03:57 AM   #28  

The topic section is getting shorter and shorter every day. It is kinda scary. LOL
Terri
Old 11-16-2000, 05:09 AM   #29  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone!

Was out shopping all day, my feet are killing me! (wore newer shoes...duh!) But I did accomplish quite a bit; got lots of gifts out of the way. Mostly for nieces, etc. I love shopping for kids! Toys and books and arts and crafts are so much fun.

Essie, you are one efficient person.....having dinner cooked already at 5 in the morning! I think it's great that you plan to have those evening hours to yourself.

Terri, you sound like a real animal lover. As you all know, we lost one of our cats, Zak, back in September. The other cat, Alex, is beautiful. He's about 12 now..looks like Sylvester. Has long black hair with a white face and belly. He's totally in love with himself, and is exasperated that my daughter has brought another baby into this house! He put up with Brandon pulling at him, and chasing him. It's as if he already knows he'll be going through that with Matthew! He just walks into a room, sees the baby and turns around and walks back out.

Your kids all have names starting with B? I had to laugh, my husband thought it would be cool to have ours start with J, as both of our names do. That's why we have Jessica and Joey (after my husband, Joe). It's amazing how many people do that.

Dianne, Myra, Satin.......HI How are ya?

We're having make-your-own-pizzas tonight...I'm not using cheese on mine...just lots of veggies and a drizzle of olive oil. Cheese is my downfall, so I don't even try to have just a little.

have a nice evening everyone!

Jen

Old 11-16-2000, 05:26 AM   #30  

Jen,
I know, I am sorry again about Zak. That is so sad. Alex sounds beautiful.
How old is Matthew? I didn't know there was another grandson. How cute! How does Brandon like him?
When I was little I said I wanted kids with BR names. I was like 10 yrs. old. A family that my big sister babysat for had all BR names. Well it was fate. I started dating a boy named BRuce. Now we have BRittany, BRandon and BRadley.
The pizzas sound so good. We do that with mexican. I think I'll do the pizza thing.
Have a great night.
Terri
Closed Thread