Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2000, 08:54 PM   #1  
Life Time 2001

Just starting the new one

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 11-07-2000).]
Old 11-08-2000, 09:36 AM   #2  

Good evening all,

Our weather is going down hill. Snow is expected tonight not much but it now begins. I hate winter

Trudy The great hunters around here always keep there hunting places a secret. But I'm sure they don't go far. Remember I live in central Minnesota all we got is forest, forest and some more forest. Plus 10,000 lakes. It is a sportsmen play ground.

Cal and Doxie happy dance for you both **** ***

Talking about husband and cooking. Mine does a very nice job can even follow a recipe and It's a good thing as I am never home in time to cook.

With the holidays ahead I thought I'd share with you what I have posted in my meeting room. You may have the same in yours but just in case.
1. Remember your goals.
2. Be flexible with your plan.
3. Use your tools.
4. Believe in yourself.
5. You control the situation.
This came from a Leader in NY by the name of Ann. She was hanging around 3fc a few months ago asking for suggestions for the offical WW board. Some of you may remember her. She was posting in the general section.

Guess I'd better go to bed got a long day tomorrow and if I have to drive through snow I need to leave earlier.

Karen
Old 11-08-2000, 10:04 AM   #3  
Net browser

Hi Everybody: Lily I lost another 1.2# so I am now at 150.8. I can't believe it, two weeks in a roll I did not have to pay. Technically I don't have to weigh in again until the end of December, but I don't think that's a very good idea.
I have enough trouble maintaining even when I do get weighed every week. Like Karen we also experienced a very deary rainy day. It sure would be nice to see the sun again. I had the girls in for tea today after Weight Watchers and I made a new easy recipe that we all enjoyed. Its called
"CHERRY CHOCOLATE BROWNIES"
1 (425g) box of Low Fat Brownie Mix ( like Betty Crocker)
1 can of lite Cherry Pie filling
1 egg
2 tbsp. water
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
Preheat oven 325. In med. size bowl empty the contents of the brownie package. Create a well in the centre and add the egg, water and vegetable oil
With a FORK combine ingredients. Add 1 CUP of the Cherry Pie Filling and stir until just combined.
Grease an 8" sq. pan. Pour batter into pan and bake 30-35 min or until set. Cool completely and cut into squares.
To serve: Cut into 9 squares. Top each brownie square with cool whip and a little bit of the cherry pie filling. Or you could top with ice cream or frozen yogurt. We gals thought it worked out to be about 5 pts each. Our pie filling is 7 points per can (approx 2 cups) I don't know what the one in the States counts as.
Lily if you or any of the other gals work out the count please let me know if it's correct. It's a very quick, simple recipe and it tastes really good.
Tomorrow is my lunch out and shopping day, and I am hoping to buy a couple more Christmas gifts.
Happy Anniversary to DEE and her DH for tomorrow, November 8th.
Night all.

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 11-07-2000).]
Old 11-08-2000, 10:53 AM   #4  
Super Surfer

I also was a loser today, down 1.8 and all I can say is HOORAY \o/. WTG Slavika, down 1.2, that is real incentive to keep it up. Gals, the Chocolate Brownies were delicious, give them a try.
Happy Anniversary Dee, and you looked so much better today, rosy cheeks and cheery smile.
Lily..It is really fun to do crafts with a friend. Somehow, the mistakes aren't as frustrating, we find them funny instead of infuriating. Also, using two brains we can problem solve better. My Mom used to belong to a "Sewing Circle" way back some 60 years ago, and she is still friends with two of the remaining gals. She still talks so fondly of those afternoons, and has a lot of the things she made then. We're making good memories and that is .
Karen..tell me about the weather. We have only seen the sun once in the last 2 weeks, and it looks like we will be slogging through the white stuff by Thurs. At least the temp will drop, the rain will stop, and the air will dry, and the sun will come out..those Artic blasts are cold, but they usually bring us clear skys and sunshine. Those were 5 really great tips to print out and think about. Thanks!
Siggi..how did your WI go? Hope those hormones didn't do you in.

Tomorrow is my Son-In-Law's Birthday, and they are coming over for a Birthday supper. Always enjoy those evenings, hope they are bringing their pooch. We bought him jeans & a shirt, and the store didn't take off the dye tag, so we have to go downtown tomorrow afternoon to have it removed...I was quite ticked off by that .

Hope everybody has a great day OP tomorrow.
Goodnight y'all...
Old 11-09-2000, 12:39 AM   #5  

Good Afternoon Ladies
I also had a loss this week, down 2.2lb.
I think we are all a bunch of losers.

Slavika"s cherry chocolate brownie she served at tea yesterday was delicious!

My dh is in Mexico this week and then he will be heading to Texas. It seems strange having an anniversay without him. It is our 20th. My son who is 17 is taking me out for dinner tonight. I thought that was kind of neat that he would even think about that.

I have been feeling abit better the last two days. My leg still hurts where the blood clot was. I see the cardiologist tomorrow. I am scared to hear what he will say.

KarenThe article you posted in your meeting room is very good. Be careful driving around in that snowy stuff.

TrudyI hope that your dinner goes well tonight for your son in law. Enjoy the visit because before you know it they will be gone again. Great weight loss. Keep it up. Thanks for the anniversary wishes.

Slavika That brownie.... mmmmm...yummy!!! Congrats on your weight loss. Don't over do it at your lunch today. I got your card in the mail today. What a nice surprise. Thanks!

Doxie You are doing great with your weight loss. Doesn't that make you feel good? The house seems so empty without my dh. How do you feel? Your dogs will be happy tonight to see your dh come home!

MargotThat stuffing sounds deadly! Yikes...I don't need that recipe. It would cost me...Keep up the great weight loss!

Lily Ohh Lily ohh Lily you are so funny You make me laugh. Thanks!

gAnne Welcome back! We will do our best to keep you motivated and to give you support.

Geri How is your mouth feeling? I hope that you are doing better, that sounds like a painful procedure! Take care of your self.

Siggi Welcome to the board Keep up the good work! How was your weigh in this week?

I hope that everyone has an on program day! Don't forget to drink that water. Have a great dayL

Dee
Old 11-09-2000, 12:47 AM   #6  

HELLO ALL

The report from the Pillsbury Doughboy {me} is I'm only up .8lbs. That was a great relief to me. I drank lots of water on Monday so maybe that helped flush a lot of that fluid away.

I'm off to work this afternoon. The weather here is wet and icy. I hope the driving home tonight (midnight) won't be too bad.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DEE & DH I hope you have a nice day! It's nice to hear you're looking better. Take care of yourself.

TRUDY I hope you have a good time this evening. Pass a Happy Birthday to your SIL.

I hope everyone has a good day!

DEE - it looks like we posted at the same time.

[This message has been edited by Siggi (edited 11-08-2000).]
Old 11-09-2000, 01:36 AM   #7  
Life Time 2001

Karen: Those are great! My leaders posts the same thing around this time. I hate winter to. Thats why I moved where there is no snow as I hate snow!

Slavika: The Brownies sound yummy. Will have to try sometime. I will put in MasterCook when I get home.
Congrats on the Loss! only .8 more to go! And even with all that Nutella to! Which I have never heard of. Sounds like a good thing I havent heard of it either.

Trudy: 1.8! Whoo Hoo! Thats a great loss! Yep you to are making great memories. When the skirts are finally done Im sure you are gonna cherish them and also laugh evrytime you pull them out from the memories! Happy BD to your SIL!

Dee: Happy Anniversary!! Wow 2.2# is awesome to! Super loss! Sounds like you are feeling better. Sorry DH isnt around for the anniversary but its nice that your son is taking you out.
I actually like it when my DH is gone cuz I dont have to rush home and cook dinner! And my house stays clean to. I even tell him this, and ask when are you leaving again??

Siggi: Sorry about the gain. Sure it will be off next week just keep drinking that water!

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 11-08-2000).]
Old 11-09-2000, 02:05 AM   #8  
Fun Blonde

Trudy and Slavika - It sounds as if those afternoons on the floor with your rears in the air or hunched over the sewing machine had some good results besides our rapidly progessing tree skirts --you both lost a good amount of weight. You, Dee, and Doxie too! Congratulations! Can't wait to try the brownies too.

Are any of you US people in shock about the election? When they predicted it would be a close one, I had no idea how close. Less than 1,700 people might decide the whole shebang! No matter who you were for, you had to be a little surprised at how close it has turned out to be. Obviously, neither one had a mandate from the people. I have been told by those who are old enough to remember(darn it! That includes me!) that the 1960 election was pretty darn close too, but we didn't have the same technology that made the vote counting so fast.

You remember my complaining about the heat last summer? 110 degrees many days and no rain? Well, now we are having snow and sleet and freezing weather. Not much fall, just summer straight to winter.

Dee - Happy anniversary! You must have done a good job to have your 17-year-old take you out to dinner. He is a good boy. And hopefully, you will be getting better eveyday. Praying for a good report from your cardiologist.

Lily - until you say otherwise, I am going to count the brownies as 5 points. You are our point expert, right?

Siggi - where do you work that you have to drive at midnight? So glad you were only up a small amount. This week, you should really lose!

All, have a good exercising, waterizing, motivated, committed, determined, healthy, focused, on-program day. Phew!
Glenda

[This message has been edited by survivor (edited 11-08-2000).]
Old 11-09-2000, 02:45 AM   #9  

Glenda
Thanks for the anniversary wishes. Yes my son is a pretty good kid.
It is cold and snowy here too.
My hubby just called and said that he is in Texas now, and that it is windy and only 51 out. Not as cold as here but I think he thought it would be a little warmer. His luggage was lost until yesterday afternoon. All he had was his toothbrush.lol
Old 11-09-2000, 07:38 AM   #10  

It's COLD O.K. so it's only 48,but its sure seems cold to me, all summer I wished form cooler weather, and now that its here I wish it was warmer. there is just no pleasing some people.
will I finished the first 6 week section of school, and came out with a 98 over all grade.not bad for an old lady, now the trick is to keep it up.

LilyG my DD loves NUTELLA, started eating it while we were in Germany 14 years ago, now I put it in her stocking every year instead of a lot of candy.
DEE hope you had a nice time with your son, he must be a special son to take the time to make sure your day was nice even if your DH could not be with you.

For all you loser way to go,

It's back to the books , you all have a good evening and a nice day tomorrow,
Lela

Old 11-09-2000, 09:00 AM   #11  
Life Time 2001

Lela: I have never had Nutella before. I was reading the thread under Food points issues that slavika started. The whole thread was pretty funny!

Brownies:
I figured 12 servings
It came out to:
225 Cal
2 Fiber
8 Fat grams 5 Points
this does not include the chery pie filling on top with the whip cream will have to add in for that.

Make it with Applesauce instead of oil: and use some vanilla extract.
207 Cal
6 Fat
2 Fiber 4 points
Old 11-09-2000, 09:22 AM   #12  
Super Surfer

My Dinner Party is over, and the family has gone home. Success! My son-in-law liked his gifts, and the doggie liked the paper they were wrapped in. He was opening and she was shredding..LOL
We forgot to mention that "technically" our WW group is walking through Iowa as we speak. Geri you had better put the kettle on..it won't be long now.
Dee..What a nice son you have, how was your evening? Poor DH away from home with only a toothbrush to keep him warm on his Anniversary.
Siggi.. .8 isn't too bad, you can get that down by next week. YIKES..driving home at midnight, just what kind of hours do you work?
Lily..I just had a taste of NUTELLA and I know that I can't have it in my house ~~ too good! Hazelnut and chocolate, I could never resist it. If you find out the Chocolate Brownies count more than 5 pts, please break it to us gently .
Glenda..that is quite a step from summer to winter. In the last 12 days, we have had rain, rain and more rain, and when things couldn't get much worse, it started to sleet and snow. I think we should all move in with Lily where it is warm and dry.
Lela..Congrats on the 98%...you must be a pretty smart "old lady"..LOL! You keep up the good work.
Slavika..how was your luncheon day? Did you do any Christmas shopping? I don't even have any ideas yet.

Hope all you gals had a good day OP..."see" you tomorrow.
Old 11-09-2000, 09:37 AM   #13  
Net browser

LILY Thanks very much for calculating the points on the brownies for us. The drollop of low fat coolwhip and the couple of cherries on top would not add too much to the count and of course you don't HAVE to eat it every day. LOL
SCHOOLGIRL WTG~~~~98% average, you did yourself proud. You'll do fine.
GLENDA I don't know why, but the American elections are always more exciting then the Canadian ones. I don't understand why it takes longer to "RECOUNT" the votes then it did to "count" them the first time.
Why is that? Did they count them by machine the first time and now they have some poor little old lady sitting in some secured area counting all 6 million of the Florida votes
one by one. LOL
SIGGI Hi there. Hope your drive home was a safe one.
DEE I hope your "date" with your son went well and that you guys had a nice dinner.
TRUDY how was your dinner party this evening? Did everybody enjoy it? Did your son in-law like his gift?
I had a nice day with my friend but I didn't buy a single Christmas present . I just can't think of what to buy anybody. Brother !
Ok~~~~night all.
Old 11-09-2000, 09:43 AM   #14  
Super Surfer

Lily..I just had to come back after reading your post. You figured out the Brownies for 12 servings = 5 pts. There were 4 of us (with a calculator) and we figured 9 servings = 5pts. ..were we ever out! We had extra cherry pie filling and cool whip on them too. However, they were so delicious I will make them, and only have 1.

I also went and read the thread on Nutella..too funny Slavika..Chocolate Grahams, Marshmallow and Nutella ?? I think we should try that out at Tea Time..LOL
Old 11-09-2000, 11:10 AM   #15  

Lela That is a wonderful mark. You need to be proud of yourself! I am very proud of you. Keep up the great grades!

Lily Good idea! I think that I will give the apple sauce a try as a substitute for the oil in the cherry chocolate brownies.

I NEED YOUR HELP...I AM VERY DISTRAUGHT
I received a phone call from my 14 year old daughters school today, from her guideance councilor! My daughter is terrified that I am going to die.She has been in to see the councilor 3 times this week. She cannot cope with what is happenning here. She is escaping from her problems by constantly talking to her friends in class which is disrupting. Her life line is the phone at home too! She is under a lot of stress because she has to help out here and is at a sports activity 4 times a week at school(which is by her choice) and on 2 committees at school. Before my operation she use to come and wake me with a kiss every morning before she left for school. She was afraid that when she would come home that I would be dead. Her Dad told her that she was not allowed to wake me up in the morning now, because I need my sleep. Now I don't see her until after her sports activities which is around 6:00 to 8:00 in the evening.Ohhh I don't know what to do... I REALLY NEED TO GET BETTER, THIS IS TOO HARD ON EVERY ONE. What should I do? No more house work for this chicklet, what else to do?

Any advise?

Dee

[This message has been edited by Deelite (edited 11-09-2000).]
Closed Thread