3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   FEISTY & SEXY 50 & 60 YR OLDS #75 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/1693-feisty-sexy-50-60-yr-olds-75-a.html)

slavika 10-24-2000 11:06 AM

GERI Ok, today TRUDY and I started cutting out the pieces for this
ALLEGED Christmas Tree Skirt. Note the use of the the word "alleged". :eek:
We pinned together one panel, (with the pieces of fabric we spent many hours debating over,choosing and going from one fabric store to another to get.) We looked at it from every direction, then we looked at each other, oh oh, we didn't like it. :(
Now we have decided to change a couple of the fabrics. That's ok though, because we would rather get it exactly like we want it now, then work on a project we are not 100 percent pleased with. But Geri, you can
see that this may take a little longer then we anticipated, so I wouldn't be counting on a quilted tree skirt made by Slavika & Trudy for this Christmas. :D The good news is we didn't eat anything other than a grape or two, from 1:00 to 4:00.
SUE Congrats on the 3# weight loss. WTG. :)
Well it's my WW meeting tomorrow I don't think I have lost any weight, but I'll go
and try to get inspired for next week.
Good night everybody.

Karen L 10-24-2000 07:18 PM

Hello everyone,

Been MIA for a while . Busy is the key word there. I have taken the time to at least read the board but no time to post. I just finished reading #74 but don't remember a whole lot. Someone asked about the blue calculator. I just finally bought one my self and I do like it better than the old points manager. It's smaller and lighter so I can carry it and it doesn't make my purse any heaver . Right now in our area it is on sale for $18.00. But I have to tell you they are coming with another one it should be available around Dec. 1st to the tune of $30.00 :eek:. You know new year new toys. They are also coming out with some new flavors in the 2 points bars the one I'm looking forward to is the peanut&choclate one :).

this pasted Sunday my Daughter had her two kids Baptized or as my grandson said Batized . All went well the service was nice. It's a very small country church I'll bet there was only 20 pews. Not much room for 17 visitors.

Saturday I went to WW Inovations. Thats where they unvail whats new in the coming year. Very interesting day it was. It's also when they hand out all the service awards. Got my 5 year pin and 1 service vision award. One for highist membership attendance in our area . This a team award that I got with 2 other gals that I work with. Anyway it was fun :).
Got to go.
Have a great day all!

Karen

[This message has been edited by Karen L (edited 10-26-2000).]

LilyG 10-24-2000 09:42 PM

Geri: Havent seen Silvergal in a while. Been wondering about Erica to

Doxie: Congrats on the loss! At least you got off what you gained. I have the blue calculator and I love it. Smaller than the older one!

Slavika: You and Trudy better get busy cause I want a tree skirt to! :D

Karen: Good to see you! Another calculator? Oh no..... I always have to buy the new stuff. Congrats on the awards you got!

Kermit: Hello! And welcome!

survivor 10-24-2000 10:49 PM

Slavika and Trudy - Don't want to be left out--I wanna quilted tree skirt too. You girls would starve to death if you relied on your craft skills for money--much too particular. Good for the non-eating session. Sometimes for me it is one hour at a time.

Karen You have been MIA. Remember when you retired and you were going to have all this time? Nice fantasy anyway. Congratulations on your award--the retention one is really high praise.

My son Cody thinks he has a job. They want him to start immediately, so it will probably be on Thursday. He can live with his brother for a few days until we get him an apartment and utilities. What an undertaking! But I feel it will be very worth it just to get him away from the old hometown boys he has as friends.

I have one more Tuesday before I have to weigh in for October. I think I am still over by 2-3 pounds. Oh well, this is the longest I have held my weight EVER.
Glenda

gAnne 10-25-2000 05:04 AM

Hello!
I finally made it back! My computer has been down for about 2 months. * B U M M E R *
Anyway, just wanted to say hi to you all. I'm so glad to see you again, and hope to keep the lightning at bay this time with a surge protector! This is the 3rd time my modem has been fried! It hurts! LOL
Well, I'm startin' over. Here goes.... :) gAnne

LilyG 10-25-2000 09:06 AM

Glenda: Congrats to Cody! Glad he found a job!

Ganne: Good to see you! Sorry to hear about the computer. Surge protector is a must!

Night all

slavika 10-25-2000 07:48 PM

Hi Everybody It's early morning, just came by to say hello.
HI LILY well I was down 1.4# yesterday so my weight is 153#, I forget what is posted on our weight chart. If I get my act together and lose 1# this week I will not have to pay. I think when I quit paying WW I will treat myself to regular manicures. In the past I found I just didn't have the patience to sit there but now I'm thinking I'd like it. It would also be a a nice non food treat. Now Lily, I presume when you requested a Christmas Tree Skirt you were hoping we would complete it during your lifetime. At the rate TRUDY and I are going, our own may not be completed. LOL :D No, that's not true. We changed a couple of the colors and I think it will come together quite nicely now. The challenge is with both our schedules to find the hours to work on it. We are NOT going to hand quilt it, so once it is pieced together the machine quilting will not take too long. GLENDA what about you? How about you helping us. LOL. :D
I hope Cody gets the job he's after.
gAnne hi, sorry about the computer problem. How have you been and what have you been up to during the last couple of months? :)
Well it's Wed. so I'm off for a fun day of lunch and shopping, I'll come by later and see what everybody else is up to.
DEE it was great seeing you yesterday (with your little pink cheeks)I hope we didn't tire you out. :p

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 10-25-2000).]

LilyG 10-25-2000 09:02 PM

Slavika: I changed it. You have 150 as your goal is that correct? As you stated you only had 1 pound to lose before you dont have to pay. Is that still correct at 150?

Yes I was hoping to have the tree skirt by Christmas. This coming one. 12/25/2000. :rolleyes: Just kidding! I know if I was making one it would never get done! Not even in my lifetime!

slavika 10-26-2000 05:25 AM

HI LILY yes you are right. My goal is still 150#, and you are funny... :D
I'll come back later this evening. Thanks Lily.

KERMIT Please e-mail me at
[email protected] Thanks. :)

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 10-25-2000).]

Geri 10-26-2000 05:31 AM

The rest of you have to get in line behind me. I asked first. And I am not choosy about the color. Anything will be fine for me, ladies.

Glad you got out yesterday, Dee.

Karen, are you enjoying your retirement? Congrats on your awards? What other new goodies do they have planned for us next year? I, too, like the blue calculator better than the old one. Is the new one worth waiting for?

Doxie---congrats on the weight loss. You too, Slavika. Someday I will join you.

Lily, I haven't posted my weight in a hundred years. But I think it is 153 too. However that is nowhere near my goal.

I don't like my new trainer as much as my old one. Now, my old one has come back to my gym and I am in a quandry. I would like to have her back, but I don't want to hurt the new guy's feelings. Besides, he works a little cheaper than the other one. I get one more session for the same amount of money. I think I get a better workout with my old trainer. Besides, she is a woman. I have another week left of the new one and then I will have to decide.

Glenda, I am glad Cody got the job. I hope he likes it and you can get him settled quickly.

Josie, I must have just missed you last night. I hung around for about 15 or 20 minutes and you never showed up even though IM said you were there. Maybe tonight. Better yet, tomorrow night. I have to go to the gym in the morning.

gAnne it is great to see you back. Welcome to you too, Kermit.

slavika 10-26-2000 07:44 AM

GERI I told our WW Leader that I knew a gal in Texas (YOU) :) who would give us tea if we walked there.....so its been decided we are on our way. The thing is she said if we were walking all the way to your place she sure expected something more then tea. She told me to tell you to get a "Texas Mickey" which is this HUGE bottle of whiskey. LOL :D
Now about this Christmas Tree Skirt you think Trudy and I are going to make for you........... :cool:

doxie 10-26-2000 09:07 PM

Good Morning, It's another damp day here in Iowa. They are having a Halloween parade tonight so I hope it clears up. The kids wear their costumes and parade around downtown. The stores give out candy and I think the costumes are judged. Afterward, there are treats and spooky stories at the library.
I was suppose to do a 3 hour Girl Scout leader training tonight that just got cancelled, so I'll probably go watch the parade. A lot more fun :) I had an all day meeting yesterday. Long, boring, and 2 hour drive each way. Glad its over. They fed us a pasta buffet and salad bar. I figure that the lettuce and ice tea were OP. I took a small serving of spaghetti (couldn't tell what the other stuff was).
Karen - Congratulations on your awards!
Glenda - I'm happy for Cody. It's an exciting time for him! But, having moved 3 kids, (packing, unpacking etc.) all I can say to you is "don't overdo it!" I was stiff for a week after the last one moved. It's nice to see them settled though.
gAnne - Welcome back!
Kermit - Welcome!
Geri - Maybe they'll have your tree skirt ready for you when you get to Texas. At the pace I've been walking, it would take a year or so to get there.

donna p 10-27-2000 06:40 AM

hi all. The last two weeks have been so busy and I know that Karen now knows that retirement doesn't mean sitting around. Next week I hope to have some of the stuff taken care of.

It's great seeing gAnne and Sue back...and hi Kermit!

My weight just isn't budging but I havent been following all the rules either. I haven't had a proper dinner in two weeks as I have to be out the door by 5 or 6 every night. Like I said....next week....

I have a meeting in a moment but wanted to stop in and say hi...take care all and stay OP..donna

Deelite 10-27-2000 07:18 AM

I know all about STRESSED!, its Desserts spell backward.

KermitWelcome ...

doxieThat Halloween Parade sounds fun to watch. Can I join you?

GeriI will make sure that when we meet you in Texas that Trudy and Slavika have packed your tree skirt for you. I hope that you will have foot baths for us!

Glenda Go and weigh in at the end of the month. Think about how much that you have lost and how far you have come. You are doing fine. Don't feel discouraged. We all have times in our life where it is more of a struggle to maintain or lose.

Slavika and Trudy I am still out here. I was doing great until I got over confident and went for a walk with dh. It felt great until about half way. I changed my mind I wasn't feeling that great after all. That silly chest of mind was acting up again! So I have been just resting up and trying to recouperate.

slavika 10-27-2000 10:34 AM

HI EVERYBODY Ok, gals, hands up, how many of you are fans of Hyacinth Bucket?
I think I seen every episode about 10 times. I had a really nice day today. I went for a quick lunch with a girlfriend today. She picked me up in her brand new Mercedes sport car. :) I'm telling you the dash board in that little car looks like the cockpit of a jet air craft. I have never seen so many "thingmes". :cool: Later in the afternoon TRUDY came over and we worked on our tree skirts. With the number we now have to make, (for all you gals) our poor fingers will be worn away to nothing. :D
We did buy a couple of pieces of different fabric and it sure made a difference. Now we are satisfied. ;)
HI THERE DOXIE nice to see you here.
DONNA hello, see you are still busy as ever. Are you doing any sewing now?
KERMIT Hi, I hope you had a good day today. DEE well hello there, didn't I tell you to take it easy? Stick to just walking up and down your driveway and then if you get tired DH can just carry you back into the house. To use LILY'S pet word "ALAS" you don't listen to me. :D I sure hope you are feeling better
(((((DEE)))). Good night all.

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 10-26-2000).]