Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2000, 11:02 AM   #16  

Slavika and Trudy I was just wondering as long as you guys are walking to Texas. Do you think you could drop off a tree shirt for me?? I have no talent for sewing and as long as your at it I'm sure my daughter and daughter-in-law would like one too.

It rained here all day today to but at least I got to use my new umbrella
Old 10-27-2000, 12:35 PM   #17  

Slavika, Trudy, and Dee.....I will have whatever you want to eat and drink when you get here. I have never heard of a "Texas Mickey", but I am sure if such a thing exists I can find one and have it here when you get here. After such a long walk, however, you might rather have a cold glass of tea.

I am looking forward to my new tree skirt. Will it be done by this Christmas? Or will it take as long as the one I am making?

Josie and I were talking online till after midnight. You would think we are both old enough to know better.

Doxie I have noticed you talking about Girl Scout trainig before. You know my daughter is a professional Girl Scout at Circle T Council in Ft. Worth. The Girl Scouts are a fine organization.
It is late and it is time for all sensible people to be in bed-----it is time for the rest of us too.

Night all.
Old 10-28-2000, 03:50 AM   #18  
donna p

Hi all. Dee please take it easy. Don't push yourself...
Slavika do I understand right. You are hand delivering tree skirts in exchange for a texas mickey. I don't have a mickey (if I did my DH would never let me give it away) but I am just puting up a batch of clemintine liquour. Last year I made it with tangerines and it was delicious but I thought I would try some clemintines this year. I want to do some with brandy and some with Vodka (last year I just used the vodka - so much cheaper). Anyhow that is my next project. Right now I just finished cutting out 5 tortilla pks with cookie cutters of witches, pumpkins, ghosts etc. for a halloween party tomorrow night. The dip is made up to look like a hugh spider web and the tacos are cut into these shapes. What a job.

If you lived here Karen you would get tons of use out of your umbrella. Its a very dreary day. It always seems to go rainy just before Halloween. I think we won't have so many kids this year as we have had an unusual amount of attempted child abductions and one where the little girl was found dead. Parents are extremely nervous. Can you believe how sick our world is today. It makes me want to cry.

Slavika I am and Mrs. Boo kay fan. I too have seen every episode so many times. what a hoot they are. Nope not sewing right now - am just too busy with other stuff tho' I hope to make another pair of pants before our trip which doesn't leave me much time..

hope everyone has a good day...later.....donna

Old 10-28-2000, 05:19 AM   #19  
Net browser

DONNA LOL No, we are not exchanging Christmas Tree skirts for Texas Mickey's. I actually laughed out loud when I read your post. See, I'm still smiling.
At WW to get us to exercise our Leader said as a group we would "WALK" to Mexico. I had posted that on our board here, and GERI said if we walked to Texas she would give us all tea. SO~~~~~~at the next WW meeting I told our Leader, "if we walk to Texas instead of Mexico I know someone (Geri) who will give us tea. That's when the leader said if we make it all the way to Texas, tell her to get a Texas Mickey, we would probably need it. ALAS since
I am not actually "walking" anywhere except on my treadmill in my bedroom I guess I won't get to see Geri and I won't get my Iced Tea, (which I love).
Our Donna sure comes up with some neat scenario's often better then my original stories.
Old 10-28-2000, 09:54 AM   #20  
Life Time 2001

Well Heck. If Slavika & Trudy Are walking to Texas with a tree skirt for Geri. They should stop and give Karens to her. then on to Geri's. Then when they leave there they can walk to California drop of a skirt for Cal and Me . And then on up to Canada and Drop one off for Donna.
Hey just think you will not need to worry about the last few pounds you two need to lose. As they will come off plus more with all this walking you are doing! So get busy and get those skirts made! I would say bring Deelite with you but she needs to take it easy for a while. Boy I cant wait to get it! Gonna go buy that tree now!

Donna: Your Dip for the party sounds really neat! Bet the party will be a success!

Later!
Old 10-28-2000, 11:29 AM   #21  
Net browser

You Guys I thought I would take a quick peek at the board before going to bed and I read LILY'S posting and started to laugh again. Anybody new reading our posts would think, well those gals are definitely not playing with a full deck. There's one group of women who "THINK" they are walking all the way to Texas, and another group of women who "THINK" that they are all going to get these Christmas Tree Skirts. LOL LOL

I think I can, I think I can ~~~~~~~

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 10-28-2000).]
Old 10-28-2000, 11:45 AM   #22  

ROTFL What a hoot!
Old 10-29-2000, 02:28 AM   #23  

How's everyone doing with their eating this week? I've been out for walkies only twice, and am "on track today".....find the carbos are deadly once you get into them. And the Halloween Treats in the house don't make life a whole lot easier either!

Am enjoying touring around 3 Fat Chicks site, and am wondering if anyone can recommend another equally good site.

Kermie
Old 10-29-2000, 04:26 AM   #24  
Life Time 2001

Kermit:
Try these: http://www.dottisweightlosszone.com/
This has some good articles: http://www.prevention.com/cooking/

And here: http://www.dietwatch.com/
Old 10-29-2000, 07:01 AM   #25  

Hi Slavika
I'm a little confused with this group thing, can you always see the reply's or posts
from other groups too, as I have said before
I am not a computer whiz, and thaknyou about that edit thing too.
Blessings
Old 10-29-2000, 07:44 AM   #26  
Net browser

MOME Hi and welcome to our board. Yes you can see and read all the boards and ALL replies and Mome YOU can post on anyone of them that you want to. If someone has posted something somewhere else and you would like to reply to them...go ahead. Please feel free to ask any questions you want and if we can help we will. The gal named LILY is our computer whiz. All of us have SOME computer knowledge, Lily has a lot.
When did you take up the computer Pat? If you want we can tell you where to get some good recipes too. I know you will have fun with us on this board and we all learn from each other, and not only about weight related things but lots of different things.
Bye for now.
Old 10-29-2000, 08:43 AM   #27  
Life Time 2001

Glad you made here Mome!
If you have questions about the Computer just asked. One of us will be able to help you.

And of course you can post any where you like. You will find people in all the places very helpful and friendly.

Slavika: Hows all our Tree skirts coming along?

Everybody ready for Halloween? Bought a few bags of Candy today for the goblins. We dont get to many Trick or Treaters anymore. So when the 2 bags are gone the lights go out! Course last year I still had some left. Think all the kids are going to party's now, its a little safer anyways.

Night all!

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 10-28-2000).]
Old 10-29-2000, 08:43 AM   #28  

hi EVERYONE,

It's good to see that everyone is doing fine.
slavika and Trudy are you sure that your not exchanging Christmas tree skirts of a Texas Mickey, cause if you are I'm real sure I can come up with the Texas Mickey. I'll even bring it up to you all in Dallas-instead of making you come all the way on down to my house. Think about it O.K.

MOME Welcome to this group, you could not ask for a better group of ladies,Just think amyone who will make you a Christmas Tree skirt, hand deliver it (walking even) is a real friend, of course it may not be in our life time or that of our kids, but it the though that counts.

not much going on with me right now, DH is gone fishing for the next 4 days,so it no cooking time. I havent found a meeting yet, we had so much rain last week and this week till i wasn't getting out beside to go to school, so this week it is a must to get out and find a meeting.

You all have a good weekend and I'll check in tomorrow to see how everyone is doing.

Night all Lela
tonight is just not my night I've had to edit 3 times an still not sure it's right think its age

[This message has been edited by schoolgirl (edited 10-28-2000).]

Old 10-29-2000, 09:51 AM   #29  
Net browser

HI EVERYBODY Today was my grandson's 7th birthday. He had 10 friends to his house for cake and goodies and then his parents and my DH drove all the children to a local swimming pool that has a slide. They played there for about two hours. The family all came back here and I had a birthday dinner for him and he got to open his gifts from us. Really nice day.
I'm trying to do my part in this walk to Texas. I walked 2 miles this morning.
LELA I think you are right, not in our lifetime.
LILY I agree I think a lot of the children now go to house parties or Halloween parties held in church halls or community centers. When I was a kid, I just went out with my friends, running from house to house. It's very sad, but we sure have to watch over the children these days. We don't get near the children on Halloween night that we used to years ago.
Well I'm tired, so I'll say good-night.
Old 10-29-2000, 12:41 PM   #30  
Super Surfer

Hi gals, Well go stay away for a few days and what do I find....Slavika is taking orders for Tree Skirts, I'm walking to Texas to see Geri and she doesn't even know what a Texas Mickey is. (Its a 133.2 fl oz of Whiskey...named for Texas, because you are right when you say everything is bigger and better in Texas.
Welcome to Kermit & Mome...look forward to getting to know both of you.
Deelite..what's this about doing too much? You know we gave you strict instructions to take it easy. I think you need a friendly lecture.
Lily..I also have purchased my Halloween treats, but hid them. DH was asking about them yesterday, seemed he needed a chocolate bar...I wouldn't tell him where they were hidden. That is the last thing I need, an open bag of my favorite bars. I know I was supposed to buy something I didn't like, but Alas I caved into temptation. I just hope we get a lot of goblins here on Tuesday.
We went to see the Lovin' Spoonful tonight. Anybody out there who has a faint memeory of them? We enjoyed the concert. Brought back a lot of memories...they were popular when we we got married. My husbands family left this morning to go home to BC. We miss them already. There ought to be a law about family moving away from home.
Well, it is late here and what with Daylight Saving over, my internal clock will really be out of whack for awhile. I haven't posted in awhile, but read the postings and had a good laugh at them. You really are a swell bunch of cyber friends, with great a sense of humour...see you all tomorrow.

Goodnight....

[This message has been edited by Trudy (edited 10-29-2000).]
Closed Thread