Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2000, 07:34 PM   #31  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Essie, you're inspiring me to not give in to being lazy! I've been on a downward spiral, journalling when I feel like it, and not focusing. When I read your post this morning (and boy, you were up early!!), it gave me a boost. Thanks.....and good luck!

Terri, how's it going? Thanks for kick-starting me in the new journal thread. Hopefully you'll see my name there every day! Can you do me the favor of posting your taco soup recipe again? I remember reading it months back, and now can't find it. Thanks.

Dianne, Myra, MaryClaire...stop in and say hi. Pookamoon, good luck w/your WW training.

Here's to a great OP day

Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenny523 (edited 10-04-2000).]
Old 10-04-2000, 08:12 PM   #32  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Hi all. I know I have said it before, but I am determined to get back on track. I am counting today as a fresh start. I am going to start posting my journal again -- that will force me to journal, right? LOL! It is time for me to get serious about this.

Myra
Old 10-04-2000, 09:09 PM   #33  

Hi Jen! Here is the recipe. I make it every Monday for those unexpected days where I need a low point dinner.

It tastes like chile and it is so thick. It is 1 point for 1 cup.
Lots of fiber. 93 grams in the whole pot. 7gms. a serving.

TACO SOUP
1/2-1 onion,chopped
3 garlic cloves crushed

1 can black beans,undrained
1 can kidney beans, undrained
1 can pinto beans, undrained
1 can white beans, undrained
1 can chopped tomatoes(16oz.)
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning mix
1 pkg. Ranch Dressing mix

In a larger size pot, saute onion and garlic in Pam. Add beans, all
undrained, tomatoes, taco seaoning, (I started with 1/2 the pkg., and add to
taste) and Ranch dressing mix.
Simmer for about 30 min.to blend flavors. Add water if too thick. I
didn't.
1 cup= 1 point

I'm so glad you are posting your journal. it keeps me honest. I need to get healthier with my choices even if I am within points.

Janie,
Way to go girl! We might have a leader in our midst. I'm with Essie. I think I could handle it being a receptionist but I'm not sure about being a leader. That would be great and good luck to you!

Myra,
Way to go and I can't wait to se you on the journal thread. Every day is fresh. It is never to late. You go!

Mary and Dianne HI!!!!!

Old 10-05-2000, 07:49 AM   #34  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Oh no!!! My husband came home early unexpectedly and insisted on going to his favorite local microbrewery for a beer. I was good, had a glass of wine...beer is way too bloating! Then we went out to eat and had lasagna and salad.

Obviously the day didn't go the way I had planned, lasagna definitely was not on my mind! Thank goodness there's always tomorrow.

Terri, thanks so much for the recipe. I'm making it tomorrow. It sounds great.

Myra, we're in the same boat; this is a good fresh start. We can do it!

Jen

Old 10-05-2000, 03:21 PM   #35  

Hi everyone, well you all seem inspired to journal, that is the only thing I really have been able to stick with, I wish exercise was as easy for me. I did walk for the last 4 days in a row , that is big for me. I hate exercise in the worst way, I love to bike ride but it's just too d--- hot here to even think about it until after Halloween.
Well here is my story about being a leader, I really need to because we are planning to move as soon as we sell our house and there is no WW where we are going, the nearest meeting would be 75 miles, so I figured I would just do this and have help with my weight and hopefully make a little money too. But the big question is can I get over stage fright???? I am just terrified, and I know it's just dumb thought's trying to beat me down. Gotta have power.
I have been a receptionist for about 4 months and I am doing ok with that, the pay stinks, but it keeps me going back every week and I can't just decide I'm too tired or whatever. The pay in Arizona is probably not the same as other states. We get obout $12 to $20 a meeting for about 2 hours work, but it's not really work, soooo.
Well I hope everyone has a great rest of the week ,take care. Janie
Old 10-05-2000, 08:35 PM   #36  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Am starting #24.....see you there!

Jen
Old 10-06-2000, 06:40 AM   #37  

Hello

Glad to see everyone is coming back.

Jen, I wake up early Monday-Thursday. I do everything in the morning I cook, straighten up, this way when I get home from work I have the evening to myself (watch soaps & exercise).

Myra, so how's the journalling going? Glad to see you're back on track. I'm going to my nephew's birthday party Saturday. My brother's twin boys will be 3 yrs old. (so cute) What's great about going to my brother's is we talk alot about fitness & nutrition so, that keeps me motivated plus he invites alot of his clients who are all fit & after looking at all those buffed bodies WHO WANTS CAKE!!!!

Terri, when I see the taco soup recipe or even read anything about the taco soup you know what I think of.......GAS!!!! LOL
That soup really did a number on me. It's a shame because it's so good! I really needed Beano that day!!!

Janie, glad to hear you're exercising. Exercise is the best thing for losing weight & maintaining. Keep up the good work! Where will you be moving to that WW will be 75 miles away? :confused: You'll see, once you get up there in front of your group it's going to be a piece of cake. Figures I would think of that expression. You're going to do just fine.

Well, I better go before I get sleepy. I rented a movie & it has to go back tomorrow so I better go watch it.

Tomorrow is TGIF!!!!!! I'll be back then.
Old 10-06-2000, 06:41 AM   #38  

Hello

Glad to see everyone is coming back.

Jen, I wake up early Monday-Thursday. I do everything in the morning I cook, straighten up, this way when I get home from work I have the evening to myself (watch soaps & exercise).

Myra, so how's the journalling going? Glad to see you're back on track. I'm going to my nephew's birthday party Saturday. My brother's twin boys will be 3 yrs old. (so cute) What's great about going to my brother's is we talk alot about fitness & nutrition so, that keeps me motivated plus he invites alot of his clients who are all fit & after looking at all those buffed bodies WHO WANTS CAKE!!!!

Terri, when I see the taco soup recipe or even read anything about the taco soup you know what I think of.......GAS!!!! LOL
That soup really did a number on me. It's a shame because it's so good! I really needed Beano that day!!!

Janie, glad to hear you're exercising. Exercise is the best thing for losing weight & maintaining. Keep up the good work! Where will you be moving to that WW will be 75 miles away? :confused: You'll see, once you get up there in front of your group it's going to be a piece of cake. Figures I would think of that expression. You're going to do just fine.

Well, I better go before I get sleepy. I rented a movie & it has to go back tomorrow so I better go watch it.

Old 10-06-2000, 06:44 AM   #39  

Hello Everyone,

Old 10-06-2000, 06:45 AM   #40  

{{{{{errrrrr}}}}}} Here we go again
Just posted a long message & it didn't go thru!!!!!

I'll be back tomorrow.
Closed Thread