Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2000, 06:53 AM   #1  

Hi! I am new to this site, and I am interested in the old Weight Watchers exchange program. Is anyone out there doing this? If so, could you help me with it. I don't have any of my old books, and I am not sure I remember just exactly what I need. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Actually, the quicker the better. I am stalling too long!!! Thanks for your help!!!
Old 08-29-2000, 08:51 AM   #2  
Net browser

COUNTRYGAL hi there. My name is Slavika and I generally post with the woman on "Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yrs olds." I have all my old stuff from WW but I think their 123 program is great and got to goal weight on it 2 years ago.....and still holding my own except for a a lb to two.
Anyway I'm not sure what info you want, but I will post whatever you ask for. The basic program for woman (I think this is the plan you are talking about) is: DAILY TOTALS:
Milk 2 selections
Fat 3 selections
Fruit 2 selections
Vegetables 3 or more selections
Protein 3 or 5 selections
Bread 4 or 6 selections
weekly bonus
Optional Calories up to 700.
Personal Selections up to 21
Is that the program you wanted? Let me know what else you would like to know, if I can help I will. Good Luck.

Old 09-08-2000, 09:15 PM   #3  

Slavika - I too have been looking for info on the old program. 123 is okay, but just can't seem to get use to it, especially since I lost my weight (30 lbs) on the old program and kept if off for 4 years. Unfortunately, I left ww for 14 months and gained back half the weight. I recently rejoined and have lost 7 lbs., but I prefer the old program.

I printed out the info you have to Countrygal and it looks pretty familiar to me. The only thing I'm not to sure of it the personal selections (how many) and the weekly bonus (?) and the optional calories 700. I seem to remember something about 250 bonus calories. Can you help me with this info? I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dianne
Old 09-08-2000, 09:26 PM   #4  
Net browser

decemberdianne Hi there. When I typed Weekly Bonuses that was just the heading. Under that it says Personal Sections up to 21 per week.
Optional calories up to 700 per week.
I looked Dianne but I don't see anything about 250 bonus. Would that have something to do with how much you exercise?
Hope this helps.
I'm back. . LOL I took a really good look and I can't find anything about 250 bonus calories but maybe someone seeing this post will know. The little journal we filled out then does not even show a spot for the "250 bonus calories" but it does for the personal selections and the 700 optional calories. You don't have to use those but it is for the extra's if you need them. Please feel free to ask anything else and if I can find it for you I would be happy to pass it along to you. Bye now. Slavika.

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 09-08-2000).]
Old 09-09-2000, 12:44 AM   #5  

Slavika -- thanks so much for taking the time to look the info up for me. I appreciate it. I don't know where I get the 250 figure -- it's been so long since I did the old program. Could you just explain the 21 personal selections to me. Is that when you add additional bread, proteins, etc.?

Also the 700 calories -- those are extra to be used if you wish, during the week?

Thanks so much,

Dianne
Old 09-09-2000, 06:12 AM   #6  
Net browser

decemberdianne Hi Dianne: I'm happy to help if I can. Here's what the WW book says on the 21 personal sections.
Weight Watchers has built additional flexibility into the Selection Plan with something called Personal Selections. These are additional Selections, over and above the Daily Totals, and may be chosen from the Milk, Fruit, Protein or Bread Lists. Each week you may have up to 21 Personal Selections. You can use all your Personal Selections each week, none, or any number in between-the choice is yours! Choose an equal number each day or save some for a special event. Dianne, it looks like the 700 optional calories are there for you if you need them, for whatever you want. It says, "Trade in optional Calories to get additional selections of favorite foods".
Distribute them evenly throughtout the week, for example 100 optional calories each day; or save a larger portion of them for a special event or treat. I'll "see" you later. Bye now. Slavika
Old 09-09-2000, 07:45 AM   #7  

Thanks so much Slavika -- its starting to re-register in my mind now. It's like a trip down memory lane, LOL.

Now that I think about it, maybe I will give 123 another chance -- sounds easier than counting how many breads, proteins, etc.

But at least I now have the old plan information if I want to go back to it.

I really appreciate your help. Good luck in your weight loss as well. I'll come back to say hello every once in a while. I'm new to this posting stuff, and Ive been posting with fabulous forties.

Thanks again,
Dianne
Old 09-09-2000, 09:34 AM   #8  
Net browser

decemberdianne Hi Dianne, you are welcome. I post on the Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 board. I'll take a peek at the 40's one to see how you are doing. I got to goal weight with the WW123 Program 2 years ago this month. Right now I am a couple of lbs over goal but I continue to go to my WW meetings every week. I guess I will have to do this for life or I'll gain the 40# back that I lost and I don't ever want them back again. I really like the 123 program you can sort of plan it for your own life. The most important thing I have found over these last two years is to write down everything I eat. I think I have a selective memory and "kind of forget stuff" if I don't write it down. I would really like to lose an extra 10 lbs so that I'm not sitting right at goal. So...remember Dianne, if you stick to your program, whatever you weigh today you will weigh less next Friday. Yipee (Hopefully me too.) "See" you soon. Slavika

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 09-08-2000).]
Old 09-12-2000, 01:20 AM   #9  

Hi Slavika -- Just dropping in to let you know I haven't forgotten you and how helpful you were with the old program. Sorry to hear you had a cold and hope you are better.

I'm kind of "holding my own" at this point. Weighed in yesterday and stayed the same. Which was what I was hoping for since I didn't do well on program or walking last week. I'm motivated this week, though because I need to get serious and start losing more instead of staying the same. I'm only down 7 lbs in 7 weeks, which isn't that great considering in the first 2 weeks I lost 5.4 lbs total.

Sounds like you're doing well and should be back down to goal pretty soon. Good luck to you. I will keep in touch.

Have a great week.

Dianne
Closed Thread