Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2000, 06:05 AM   #16  
Net browser

GLENDA I thought maybe you would like the smilies too here they are just for you. LOL.
smile
frown
embarrassment
big grin
wink

Go to: wwww.3fatchicks.com/ubb//help1.html
to see how to do them if you like.
Slavika

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 09-01-2000).]
Old 09-02-2000, 08:48 AM   #17  

Evening Everyone,
Frist an up date on my grandson, the dr. change their minds this morning, decided to wait another month to see if it will heal it self,( Navy dr. who knows)but I do want to thank you all for you thought.
DOXIE I think I will do the same, use R.S. for the exercise part and WW for the eating part. I have his oldies an I do like them, Best part is I don't have to watch some young slim thing in tight.
Donna MGL is for R.S> move gove and lose program

Glenda and Slavika I'm try to see if I can get this bold thing down too. Guess we see if I did it right when I post.

Like some of you it is hot, hot, hot here. I went out on my back patio today and it show it was 100 that is in the shade, in the country, with nothing but tree,tree and more tree. We live on 7 acers with about 250 tress and the smallest is about 40 feet tall.. I would hate to think what it is like in town.

I going over to my sister and brother in laws this sunday for dinner , It will be the frist time since I start WW in July that I have not done the cooking. And the wrost thing is my BIL is one of those people who always has something to say, so I know he is going to give me a hard time when I take my veggie with me and don't eat all that stuff they will have. oh well he's only a BIL, so who cares

You all have a good night.

Schoolgirl

[This message has been edited by schoolgirl (edited 09-01-2000).]

[This message has been edited by schoolgirl (edited 09-02-2000).]
Old 09-02-2000, 10:00 AM   #18  
Net browser

SCHOOLGIRL Hi, you almost got the bolding right but you followed MY INSTRUCTIONS and that's why you got it wrong. Ok, I fixed the top part of the instructions and you can also fix that post you just did. See that little icon with a paper and a pencil, right above the posting you just typed. Well if you click on that it will take you back to where you typed the message and you can fix it. See where you put the [b] DOXIE that was correct. BUT after her name put.... a bracket, slash,"b" bracket. Not JUST the slash. You see my post where its edited by, well thats how we all correct our mistakes by clicking on the "paper/pencil (the edit) icon. I don't know if I made things better for you or worse. Please try again. I'll watch for it.
Slavika. (Oh after you correct it just submit it again)
Old 09-02-2000, 11:08 AM   #19  

SlavikaThank you, Now if I can just learn to do the little faces, I'll be on my way.

Schoolgirl

Old 09-02-2000, 11:33 AM   #20  

Hi Ladies, I hope you all have a good Labor Day and enjoy the holiday!! Hopefully we will all do well on our diets!! Whoops!! That's a dirty word,isn't it??? I mean our programs. I do think that Weight Watchers is the best, and the healthiest. Good luck to all of us. Countrygal
Old 09-02-2000, 07:47 PM   #21  

Schoolgirl....Where in Texas? I live in Mansfield. Where will you be going to school? After your 7 computer courses you may push Lily for our resident expert position Don't worry, Lily, we all know you have a lock on it.

Slavika you give good directions written in easy to understand language. Explaining bold is hard. It took me forever to understand.

I have the boys this weekend. Are we surprised? We are going to do something fun later today. There is a new Garden Ridge opened up this weekend. They have rented a snow machine. Can you imagine? 109 here yesterday and kids got to play in the snow. They had bought 48 tons of ice for the weekend but used it all up yesterday in a few hours and got 48 more tons yesterday. After pictures on the front page of the paper today who knows how much ice they will use today? I hope it hasn't run out when I get the boys there.

Donna...where do you get material to make tablecloths? The only source I know of is entirely too expensive for my tastes. ($30 a yard). I have been keeping Kara at least 3 days a week. Now I am up to 4 days every week and 5 some weeks. Fortunately I really enjoy her. Grandbabies are so much fun. Then I have the boys on weekends. Who knew that I would be a professional grandmother in my old age?

New personal highs at the gym this week. I did 115# squats and 115# bench presses. The squats were well done, but the benching was pretty sloppy. Isn't that amazing? I have some goals to achieve. I want to squat 150# and bench 125#. The only problem is I want the benching goal to be achieved by my birthday Oct. 7. It will be touch and go as to whether or not I make it. The squat goal doesn't have a time frame---just whenever I get there.

I hope all of you have a great OP weekend. I am thinking very seriously about doing Slimfast for a couple of weeks to try and drop some weight in a hurry. Anybody ever done that?

[This message has been edited by Geri (edited 09-02-2000).]
Old 09-02-2000, 08:40 PM   #22  
Net browser

WAY TO GO SCHOOLGIRL
The smilies are easy..go check them out.
I'm soooo proud of you. YIPEE
Slavika.
Old 09-02-2000, 10:11 PM   #23  

Good Morning Everyone, I just wondered if any of you have tried some of the recipes on this site? www.angelfire.com/journal/wwrecipes? I have a favorite in the pies; it is the Choco-Mint Pie. It is delicious and only 4 pts. per slice. It is one of Joanna Lunds recipes, and she has a lot of good ones. I was also wondering if any of you have read any books written by Sylvia Browne? If so, would you tell me what you thought of them. I noticed that you had seen Green Mile. How about Sixth Sense? Well, good luck today for all of us. Let me know if you know of any other good recipe sites. Countrygal
Old 09-02-2000, 10:58 PM   #24  
Net browser

COUNTRYGAL Hi and good morning to all of you. If you would like a list of virtually every recipe site on the internet go to this address: www.ci.farmers-branch.tx.us/library/food.htm
GERI making snow eh? Geez its so chilly out today, and its going to rain. The temp is not even 60 out today its 54, and I am heading out to the lake. Oh well thats ok, I have a good book to read.
I have a cute little story to tell you guys.
On Tuesday, my DIL was taking 6 yr old grandson and 5 yr old granddaughter to school (first day). He had to go for the whole day but the little girl only for 1/2 hr and then mother and daughter were going to Walmart. Anyway, DIL had put on tight black knit capri pants and a little T-shirt in white & black stripes and said to my son, "do you think this is ok to wear to the school?" He looks at her and says, "you look like a yummy mummy to me." So now DIL and the little Princess are at Walmart and the little one is in the cart,and says to her mother, "mommy, why are those two big daddys looking at you?" Now, my DIL is 6 ft. tall and people would look at her anyway, but she is also quite beautiful, so she looks where Princess is pointing and sure enough two rather "overweight" men are giving her a look so she quickly pushs the cart in another direction and the little one says, "oh, I know why they are looking at you, because you look like a "yummy mummy".
LOL. And they say kids don't listen.
Ok, back to packing up some groceries to take to the lake. Hope you all have a great weekend. I think if the weather stays yucky we'll come back early Monday. Bye now.
Old 09-03-2000, 05:42 AM   #25  
Life Time 2001

Glenda: Looks like you fianlly got it! Does take practice. But onces you get the hang of it will be second nature to you!

Slavika: Your a good teacher! You have learned alot! You are now appointed the expert! Great link Thanks! Cute story! Have fun at the lake!

Geri: LOL Nope Slavika is the expert now. She is a great teacher!
Slimfast. I cant do it. I need food. I had a girlfriend that did great on it. But if I dont have a lunch I come home and eat like a cow. I lasted a week on it once, just wasnt worth it for me.

CountryGal: Havent seen Sixth Sense yet. Never heard of Sylvia Browne either so cant help you there. The site you posted looked great! Will check it oit further!

Well Im moving again so hopfully what I did last week will keep me going! But I lost 1.5 this week

We didnt make it to San Francisco today. Was raining when I got up. Gonna try tomorrow but might not make either. Suppose to rain all weekend. ALAS............

Have a great day all!
Old 09-03-2000, 08:13 AM   #26  

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is having a good weekend. We are not doing any thing much just to hot, but still have that bar-b-que to go to tomorrow, and now I'm not a happy camper , forgot that tomorrow is the frist day of football.

Geri I live in Edna , about 36 miles from Victoria, that's also where I'll be going to school at.

Slavika 54 degree, can I come live with you for a few months

Well ladies I hope all of you are having a good day, and a nice weekend, Will let you know how it goes at the in-laws tomorrow.

Schoolgirl

Old 09-04-2000, 10:41 AM   #27  
Senior Chick

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Lily Weish we could send some of this weather to our Texas friends! At least it stopped raining today.
Countrygal I l0oved Sixth Sense. I have seen it a few times & bought it when it came out on tape. I haven't read Sylvia Browne's new book. I may wait until it is in paperback.

I did get a new book called Running & Walking for Women Over 40. It is down to earth & very helpful.

I lost again this week! 1.2 lbs gone away! I will set the goal of having lost 100 lbs by Thanksgiving. That is something I could truly be thankful for! As to the October 1 goal: I have 12 more to go. That is alot in one month but we'll see! This week being back to the school thing staying focused took more determination.
Between Slavika & Lily we are ready for any computer problem! Slavika 54 degrees?
Geri Good work at the gym! My next goal is to join a gym and get going on the strength exercises.
Schoolgirl I hope your dinner went well and your BIL keep his thoughts to himself. My attitude is : if you can't be supporting me then I'll see you sometime 'cause this is too important..
Titan Yea! Today's the start of football! The Titan game is tied just now with a minute left. Hope your team wins! (sorry they didn't but they still looked good! a 60 yd field goal would have been great!)

Hope everyone has a great holiday!

Margot

[This message has been edited by Cal Walker (edited 09-04-2000).]
Old 09-05-2000, 12:35 AM   #28  

Margot you are awesome. Here is your happy dance. *** ***

The kids had a great time playing in the snow. It was unbelievable.

We are setting records with every day now. 109 again yesterday. More of the same expected today. There was some rain in an area near here a couple of days ago, but none hit the airport so we are still in a drought.

I posted a real cute joke over on Lighten Up. It is "The History of Creation". I think you will enjoy it.
Old 09-05-2000, 04:21 AM   #29  

I just received an e-mail to check this address. When I did, I really enjoyed it and thought you might too.

http://www.daily-blessings.com/bless157.htm
Enjoy!
Old 09-05-2000, 05:11 AM   #30  

Hi everyone (hanging my head). I posted something last week and responded to everyone. I was so proud of myself. Well, while I was doing the happy dance for Josie and Slavika (I think they were the losers last week), I added too many smiley faces. I gave them each 4, knowing we were only allowed 8 per post. I must have slipped another one in someplace, cause I went to post and it wiped it out. I was so mad, and no time to retype. So, everything I said is outdated now.

So, let's start all over. I want to welcome Countrygal and Schoolgirl. They should be welcoming me, I'm gone so much.

Silvergal, glad you are working out again. It will keep your mind occupied for a little while. Any word from your g.daughter?

Cal, you are simple amazing. You are an inspiration to all of us. You go girl.

Lily, I'm so happy to hear you are losing again. I'm not and getting so discouraged. I've been watching my points, and working out everyday, and not a single pound lost. Something is wrong with this picture. I've done the slimfast drink in the morning, but never stuck with it. I bought the powder (much cheaper than the cans) and it was pretty good. I just like food too much.

I can't remember a thing I read, so I'm just going to say HI to all of you.
Closed Thread