Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #106  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Trish - I know that I should count my calories but I am scared to. I am sure that my bite of this and taste of that really add up. I do know though that this is what my problem is, and when I work out on the treadmill, I truly do figure that this gives me extra calories that I can eat, as I did actually burn some off....I love your recycled weight name. I have recycled the last 20 lbs a few times too many.

It is parent teacher interviews today, so I must get into town....
Old 03-24-2009, 01:09 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 253/228/145

Height: 5'7"

Kathy my cats love to play fetch so when my Poodle was a pup he watched the the kitties I must say it was very funny. My cats are quite large the boys are 20 to 30 lb so they were bigger than my Standard Poodle.

I would rather count points than calories It helps me choose better food. Higher fiber and lower fat. Also with the ww plan it lets you eat more for exersize if you want. There is a good point calculator on line. http://www.webmilhouse.com/pointcalc.php
How many points you eat is based on how much you weigh how old you are and how active you are. As you lose weight you also loose points.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #108  
Not Giving Up

Just popping in to wish everyone a happy Wednesday. I will be back after I get the kids out the door.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:46 PM   #109  

I just foundout I have a thyroid condition called Hashimoto's it may be the reason I gained 60lb in about 8 months I am hoping with the treatment and WW I will really get the weight off for good. My mother and both my siblings have this problem and my estranged sister just told me to look into it at my mothers party. Sooooo 100lb later I find out I do have it. So many of the symptoms are the same as fibromyalgia I am thinking I may just fel a heck of a lot better.
My Doc is looking into the latest greatest treatment and will proceed from there.
The weather is just beautiful here yesterday I planted lettuces a mixture of French greens that you can eat as babies or wait for the heads to form. I also bought a roma tomato plant. I planted peas and purple bean's with morning glory on a garden wall. I think it will be pretty It is still to cool at night to put some seens in the ground so I started them in trays.
I hope you all have a nice day, Victoria
Old 03-26-2009, 04:11 PM   #110  
Not Giving Up

Victoria - to you. I am sorry that you have a thyroid condition, but I am glad that they found out that you have it so that it can be treated. Let us know how everything goes. How long ago were you diagnosed with fibromyalgia?

Well it will be nice when all your plants start sprouting. I hope that within the next few weeks that I will be able to get my little garden spot started so that I can plant a little garden this year.

Well, I must run into town and grab the little guy from school. Chat with you all later.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #111  

Cool

Kathy I was diagnosed 11 years ago my youngest was just 3. I am looking forward to my little sprouts coming up too.
What is the weather like in your area ?
We are having warn days but much cooler nights. I was told the soil is not yet warm enough to sprout most seeds it is hard to understand that when the days are in the low 80's.
well I am off to get cat food Victoria
Old 03-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #112  
Not Giving Up

Hi everyone.

Hope everyone is out enjoying the nice weather. It is a little quiet around here.

Victoria I am so looking foreward to nice weather next week. Here it is 40 degrees here. It will stay that way for the next month, and then it will slowly start to warm up. I was going to ask what is the name of the poodles that are large? I saw one on TV and was surprised to see such a big one.

Hello to Candy, Jane, Sue, Trish, Brittany, Jen, Ruth... Pop in and let us know how you are doing.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:21 PM   #113  

There are 3 sizes of poodles toy's are up to 10" at the top of their front shoulder they from 10" to 15" Mine are standard poodles they have to be at least 15 " my female is 23" and my boys are 28" and 29"+ the largest is still growing. They are hunting dogs, duck retrievers. They were bred down in size to make lap dogs for fancy ladies lol. The trim is to cover the vital organs and joints as they often swam in cold water to retrieve the ducks. They have hair not fur and it does not shed any more than we do. They do have to be trimmed about every 6 weeks mine are all cropped short right now Obviously I have become addicted to them.
They are very loving and cuddly that is probably why they were use to breed down in the first place. I have to keep telling mine they are not lap dogs but they don't buy it. This is a photo of them with long hair.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:06 AM   #114  
Not Giving Up

Victoria - Yes, that must be the size that I saw. I didn't realize that they were actually such a big dog...(as compared to the lap size). I really would like one of them, but my family does not consider them an acreage type dog. Are they good with kids? That is one good thing about my daughters Yorkies is that they don't shed either. I would consider that they have a very silky hair also instead of fur. I will try and post a picture of our Henry, he looks very funny right now, as the Vet told her that she should keep his hair trimmed around his mouth as it promotes bad teeth, so she shaved his face, but left his hair long everywhere else. Poor boy has been laughed at this week. Do your dogs hog your bed or sleep on the floor?
Old 03-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #115  

Kathy I will send you a link to the parents of my poodle Bear. I let my dogs sleep with me they all three snuggle up to me as close as they can. Then there are the cats and kittens LOL My kittens love to sleep on BoBo he is the black boy they think he is their private heating pad. He does not mind a bit.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #116  
Not Giving Up

Victoria

I hope that you have a big bed. It was nice and peacefull here last night, as our dogs are at DD friends house. Good thing that I warned her that they go out for a midnight pee at 1:30 am.

Thanks for the links. They are beautiful dogs. How is your daughter doing? (Youngest one that lives at home) Have you done any mother and daughter outings lately? When we get back from our vacation I am going to take my daughter and the little guy to go see the movie Monsters Vs Aliens. Looks like it should be a good one.

Well I must run. I will be gone all next week as we are going on vacation. I hope that everyone has a great week. I will think of you all while I am gone.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:07 AM   #117  
Not Giving Up

HEY WHERE IS EVERYONE??

Victoria - I am loving the California weather. We did however get a little sunburned yesterday. Put on some extra strength sunscreen today. We went to Huntington Beach yesterday. Disneyland today, and we plan on going to Universal Studios tomorrow. You live in a beautiful state. I could
easily get used to this weather.

OK here we go....
Jane how are you doing? Are you babysitting the girls? What have you been up to lately?

Sue how are you doing? How long until you get some bike riding weather? Hope all is well with you and your family.

Trish how are you doing? Whats up in your corner of the world? What have you been busy doing?

Brittany how is the moving going? Have you had time to do anything other than packing? Do you and your hubby have any plans for any road trips on your bikes?

Candy - How are you feeling? What have you been up to? What is your weather like where you live? I have to say I love California weather, but it would probably be way to warm here in the summer.

Victoria - Do you show your dogs? My DD really wanted to show her dogs, however they are both too big. How is your family doing?

Jen - Hello what have you been up to? Meet any hot guys at the gym?

Ok I have run out of computer time, but I think I forgot someone. I am sorry if I did it was not intentional. It is a result of your incredibly cheap price of wine here.

Anyway, I'll chat with you all later.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #118  
GmaTo8

It's April! See you at the new thread.
Closed Thread