Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 207/194.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Hope everyone has a Happy St. Patty's Day!!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 253/228/145

Height: 5'7"

I agree that WW does teach us what we could read in a ton of books. I let them spend the money !! I hit a plateau I lost a lot 23.6 since Jan 5 and then it stopped. I had a series of migraines and a lot of pain from Fibromyalgia and I think my body just shut down. The migraine meds. constipate me so I upped fiber and water but still the scale is stuck. I am sticking to my points. Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:28 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Victoria 1st CONGRATULATIONS on the 23.6 loss. Do you go to WW meetings? If you are doing all the things you should do and at a plateau for a long period of time, maybe you could discuss it with your leader and perhaps get some advice. I don't do meeting, but my sister back in TX does and her leader helped her. Do you eat a lot of the allowed snacks? Sometimes those will stop the weight loss. It could be caused by your meds. And then you've lost quite a bit of weight since Jan so it could be that your body is trying to adjust to the weight you have lost. But if you could talk to your leader if you have one, she might could help you. Sorry I'm not much help. Hope you can get it worked out.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #94  

Ruth - Good to see you are still kicking. Are you still in school? Hope all is well with you.

I started using the stationary bike Sunday night, but I am not sure I can do it everyday yet. My legs love it, but it is one of those that the handlebars move too and I had such pain in my back part of my shoulders last night that I had to take one of DH muscle relaxers. Shows how out of shape I'm in. I think I will start doing it every other day until my body adjusts to it.
Went to Walmart and Staples today so hope the walking around the two stores will work as my exercise for today.

Hope everyone is having a good St Patty's Day. Always thought I had a lot of Irish as I was told by my grandfather that his mother was a "red headed Irishman". When Daddy got into doing family tree, we found out her family came from Wales. My Mama's Mama liked a loved Irish stew so maybe I have it from that side. Who knows, by the time it gets to my generation I figure I probably have a little of everything even Native American. LOL.

Have a great day ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:41 AM   #95  
GmaTo8

Just a fly-by to say hello! We've been so busy during the days that the weather was so nice. Another cool down is headed my way, so I'll be indoors more.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #96  

Hey Trish,

No, I skipped this semester. I've been paying by credit card and decided to pay off some debt before I go back. I'll probably take a few classes next spring. I'm not in any hurry to get the HR degree, just one of my life goals. Also, after one more class I could take the CPA exam... that's an option also.

Good luck with the stationary bike. I don't have one, but I've thought about checking into the brackets that you can get for a regular bike that allows them to become stationary. I heard that is how bikers train.

I've been going to the gym since the last few weeks of January. I havent lost but a few pounds, but I've lost about 5 inches. I think my body is in shock and weight loss just isn't happening yet! LOL

Well, I've got to get ready for work, you girls have a good day.

Hey Jane!

Last edited by short & sassy; 03-19-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #97  

Morning yall! Happy Saturday!! Had my WI this am, down 1.8 from last week. Anyone have any fun plans for today? The most "fun" I will be having is to get all my house work finished so I can relax and do nothing! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #98  

Thumbs up

Candy that was a great WI. It feel so great when the scale moves.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #99  

I thought I would show off my favorite Kitty friend he is a Maine Coon with poly feet. His name is Silvester however I call him many silly names at the moment is is skanesska noodle. I kept him at first because he was my black standard poodles little buddy they played and played. Then I fell in love with him he is my cuddle bug. Maine Coons are very dog like they taught the poodles how to play fetch.
It is gloomy here today and I am hoping the storm coming tomorrow will not give me a migraine.
My 22 yo Daughter is on her way to help plant veggies. How you all have a great day, Victoria
Old 03-21-2009, 05:42 PM   #100  

That is a very pretty kitty Victoria! Our kitty is a Tortishell rescue from the shelter. She is short haired and very calm for a kitty. Silvester is a very suiting name for him! Happy planting!!!!
Old 03-21-2009, 07:39 PM   #101  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone

Candy good job with the weigh in. Did you get your housework done? I am trying to get mine done also, but I don't have much motivation today. I am trying to get some spring cleaning done before we go on vacation next week. Are you starting to feel more like yourself? Can you breath now?

Victoria what a handsome boy you have there. How did he teach the dogs to fetch? Did your daughter make it over to plant some veggies with you? My fingers are crossed that you will not get a migrane. I have actually been sending you good vibes that you will not get any more migranes.

Brittany how are you? What have you been up to?

Jane how is your weekend going?

Trish how is your 3 hour diet going? I came across a book while I was babysitting my nephews called the Eat - Clean Diet. The website is eatcleandiet.com. It is about eating every 2.5 to 3 hours. I am going to give it a try and see what happens.

Sue - Discipline? Well that explains my problem. I have absolutely no discipline, and no willpower. I have lots of good intentions though. You must be looking foreward to bike riding weather. Does your hubby ride with you?

Well I must get back to the housework. I guess that I should probably make something for supper also.

Later ladies.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:59 AM   #102  

Kathy your kind help means a lot to me
I did pretty well I took an Imitrex about 5pm I was able to nip it. We cleared off a big mound and planted some eggplant the skinny type with some beet seeds that are all colors they will be done and give the eggplant more space. Next round will be chard. radishes and flowers. This area is nice rich soil and is on a micro drip line that goes on with the lawn timer. Monday I will plant a mix of purple beens, peas. pea pods and morning glories. They will go on a wall with a nylon trellis . I have to make sure it does not invade the climbing rose bush. This area looked/looks I forgot it be cause I did. My health kept me in for a long time and my daughter that helps me has not lived at home for 4 years. Now bless her heart she loves to come and help mom. She is a good girl we are very close. When I first became ill she was 12. She took over the cooking for 2 years. As well as many other things I was married so we could afford a Mexican woman to come in daily and clean for an hour or 2 and she also took my daughter to per school. She was my angle. I was only 115 lb at 5'8" I was way too thin. Tonight my Daughter is off to spend so time with her Brother in LA he is 28.
It is nice to have adult kids.
Well good night all I hope we are all slimmer tomorrow.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #103  

Hey Kathy! I did get all my housework finished! And it is AMAZING how much better I can smell things. Never knew how much I couldn't actually..... Gonna make me a few hanging baskets for my front porch this afternoon when I get home from work. Where ya going on vacation? I sure need one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycharm View Post
Hi everyone

Candy good job with the weigh in. Did you get your housework done? I am trying to get mine done also, but I don't have much motivation today. I am trying to get some spring cleaning done before we go on vacation next week. Are you starting to feel more like yourself? Can you breath now?

Victoria what a handsome boy you have there. How did he teach the dogs to fetch? Did your daughter make it over to plant some veggies with you? My fingers are crossed that you will not get a migrane. I have actually been sending you good vibes that you will not get any more migranes.

Brittany how are you? What have you been up to?

Jane how is your weekend going?

Trish how is your 3 hour diet going? I came across a book while I was babysitting my nephews called the Eat - Clean Diet. The website is eatcleandiet.com. It is about eating every 2.5 to 3 hours. I am going to give it a try and see what happens.

Sue - Discipline? Well that explains my problem. I have absolutely no discipline, and no willpower. I have lots of good intentions though. You must be looking foreward to bike riding weather. Does your hubby ride with you?

Well I must get back to the housework. I guess that I should probably make something for supper also.

Later ladies.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #104  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Just a quick pop in here. Babysitting my sick Grandaughter. She has discovered the joy of cookbooks. We are cuddled up on the couch looking at the pictures in the cookbook, and she points to some and says nummies. I think she has a sweet tooth just like her Nana and Mommy.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #105  

Hi Everyone,

Candy- CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss. Glad you are feeling better too and that you smell is back. You are doing great.

Ruth- So good to hear from you. I understand about taking time to pay off credit card etc with the economy as it is these days. Glad you have options. I haven't been on the bike much as I had a pulled muscle in my back but trying to move more.

Kathy- My 3 hour diet is coming along pretty well. I think I've lost my first 10 lbs (of course they are recycle and don't really count as real loss yet). I weighed yesterday and think I will go back to Sunday's being my WI day. I have to lose about 6 more pounds to get rid of those recycled ones and then I will be back into virgin territory. That is when I'll know this really works. I looked up the website eatclean.com and signed up for the newsletter.

I've been reading different threads to see what is working for others. I ordered 2 books this morning that I read about here on 3fc. They are by Anne Fletcher. One is Thin for Life and the other is Eating Thin for Life. She talked to people who have successfully lost weight and kept it off and wrote their stories so you get ideas that can help you create your own way of eating to change your lifestyle of eating and be successful losing and keeping it off. I read somewhere in the research that there are more people being successful at keeping their weight off once they lose something like 20% now. I'm eating intuitively every 2.5 to 3 hours and I am counting calories. Yes,SURPRISE, SURPRISE. Me the one who didn't want to count anything. It just happened. One day I decided it was easy to count calories these days since they are on almost everything you buy to eat. I am doing what they call Calorie Shifting and so far it is working. Some days I eat more calories or less than others. Some eat up to 2000 calories one day a week, but I choose not to ever go over what I would normally for weight loss which would be 1600 calories a day. They say don't ever eat less than 1200 calories in one day. So I make my shift or zig zag between 1200 to 1600 calories. I did try eating close to 1800 yesterday and was up 1 lb so I'm thinking I either got some extra salt somewhere or I am not one of those how can go over 1600 and lose. From what I understand, this tricks the bodies metabolism so that it doesn't really know you are dieting and it burns fat. As long as it works, I don't really care how it works.LOL

Well, I will close. So glad spring is here as it makes you feel like doing more and being more active.

Have a great day everybody!!! And to all those I didn't name--
Closed Thread