Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 11:43 PM   #16  
Believe it & Achieve it

Hi!

Just a quick note, as I need to go fix breakfast.......

Jen- I went to the site, and I could not find information. I want to do the challenge! Can you post more information when you get the chance???

I'm gonna surf around some more on their site, I just did not see anything that really
stood pertaining to the subject, if you know what I mean.

Hi to everyone else! I will be back to post later.

Emily

p.s. what is Foot and mouth?? Over here in Portland they hve been mostly focusing on the earthquake.
Old 03-02-2001, 11:45 PM   #17  
Believe it & Achieve it

o.k., I figured it out, (DUH EMILY!!!!!!) I will look over the challenge and go for it!
Thanks Jen!

[This message has been edited by 1busymomma (edited 03-02-2001).]
Old 03-03-2001, 12:03 AM   #18  
Eve's Mom

I checked out the self thing and registered for hte challenge - its reasonable, 3-20-30 min cardio, 2 20 min strenght...the stretching part wouldn't open for me...

I'M IN!! what a cool way to track your success.
Old 03-03-2001, 12:39 AM   #19  
Shopper Extraordinaire

I am in on the Self Challenge. I registered. Are you guys all going to start on monday or what? Just Curious. Also do we need to send in the log when we finish or what. I guess I am a little slow. I didn't have time to read the whole thing.
Jen-Great Idea this will be fun!

Belle-thanks for the help with my signature. It should work.

Trish- I want to congratulate you on the muffin victory. Also my jacket is quite similar to the ones at Old Navy, if I remember correctly. It is a creme color and it buttons down the front. It is just past my knees I think. Anyways I got it at Target! I love target. Check it out there. It was only $30. They had creme, black and a cool red.

Kay-Well on the screen name thing. I couldn't think of one and I love the name Grace. I would like to name my future daughter Hannah Grace. I am not preg. or anything I just pick names. Anyways it also represent the fact that to stay OP I will need the Grace of God
Well girls have a great day and I will reply again soom I am sure! It is actually kind of addicting!!

------------------
190/SW 185/CW 145/GW
Cayman Goal/June 9- 165-170
Old 03-03-2001, 01:14 AM   #20  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

About the SELF Challenge. Once you register, then you follow the monthly plan. Every month the challenge gets harder.... BUT WE CAN DO IT! At the end of the month you send SELF your log of the month. I have the magazine, but haven't checked out the site yet. I will take a look and get everyone the directions of what to do. I really want to finish this challenge this year.

If you want, I can track our success here. You can either e-mail me how you did for the week, or post it on a special SELF Challenge thread that we can make. What would everyone like to do?? I am stoked for this challenge and am SO HAPPY others are joining me! How cool!

More later!

Jen

OH AND....I am starting my challenge on MONDAY, because the magazine said to do it that way!!
GOOD LUCK GALS!
Old 03-03-2001, 01:17 AM   #21  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Grace: No way! About the name thing. I love the name Hannah Grace, also Anna Grace. My grandma's name was Grace so if I have a girl (when the time comes) I will name her Grace. Middle or first, I haven't decided.
Oops! Big boss (the president) just walked in and asked for numbers. I hope he didn't see my screen.
Belle: Way to go on excercise! That's great!
I'm going to go to the Self site and see what this is all about. I'll be back to post later.
Bye!

------------------
Stacey
235.7/182.7/160
Old 03-03-2001, 01:21 AM   #22  
Go Avalanche!!

Failed miserably OP again! Seems to be a trend going on here. Swore I was going to exercise and of course didn’t. Went to the buck a scoop chinese place to bring home dinner. Pathetic. Have a bachelorette party to go to Sat night and really don’t want to. I know, whine whine. I’m going to have to go to WI next week and it’s going to be scary. I know I’m right back at 170 where I started unless I starve myself for the weekend and an 8 pound miracle happens. Why do I have this feeling I’m never going to reach goal and keep paying WW fees for the rest of my life *pout pout* All I can say is Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kay: I wish my DH wanted to save $ We have the normal money fights that I think all couples do. The problem is, I’ve picked up some of his bad spending habits! Argh. We’ve got to get a house soon!

Trish: Good thing I love pickles. I’m going to have to go buy a jar for work and a jar for home! Thanks for the tip. I’ll let you know if it works.

Belle: You are a Superwoman!

Becky: Welcome! My B-day was Monday and we ended up stretching it out over 4 days. Spent time with my brother, went out to eat way too much. You absolutely need to read Bridget Jones’s Diary. There’s also a second one I’m about to start called: Bridget Jones the edge of reason. You’ll get a big kick out of them

Tonya: Tae Bo is not that hard. Find someone to borrow it from and see how you like it before you buy it though. OK, I also saw Tesla years ago when they came with Firehouse! God that seems like sooo long ago. It was a great concert!

Casey: A 2 pound loss is wonderful! Congratulations!

Lolly: I do think Hugh Grant is playing Danile. I’m curious as to who is playing Mark Darcy. I’m kind of leary of Renee playing Bridget b/c the character is so strong and weak at the same time. Renee always seems to be kind of timid. Am I just on drugs? You don’t hear much talking so I don’t know how her accent sounds. I’m a person who LOVES accents. You would probably laugh at my attempt at an English accent http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif No Tae Bo last night. You are right though, good funny mental picture.

OK, I got throught half of the posts for today and don't have time to read the rest. I'll try to catch up later. What an absolutely crappy day this is turning out to be!!

------------------
Brenda
198.4/162.4/135(WW)/130(Personal) (5'4")

When life gives you mud, make mud pies!!

Feb 27 WI goal: 155 !!
Old 03-03-2001, 01:26 AM   #23  
Juliehere :-)

Hi all..

It's been a busy week....I've been traveling for work...not too much time to post.

Congrats to all the losers this week ! I signed up for the Self Challenge...I think it is a great idea to post our results here...keep us committed. I will start Monday too.

I weighed Wednesday....horrible...I gained back everything I lost...a total downer....I haven't been exercizing..but I haven't been eating all that bad....TOM is almost here...I've got the symptoms double this month...argh !

Have a great day everyone...

Julie
Old 03-03-2001, 02:25 AM   #24  

I'm going to sign up for the self challenge when I get a minute too!

Old 03-03-2001, 02:29 AM   #25  
Running Babe

I had pizza for lunch. I am estimating it was about 15 points, since the cheese wasn't thickly put on and the crust was thin, but it tasted fantastic!! Driving downtown wasn't bad though today (DT Montreal) I even managed to find metered parking!!!

Belle: Maybe I'll try and get into a Volleyball league next year. I haven't played in years, but I like playing.

Stacey: I am glad your Wedding plans are going so well! I am so happy for you

Becky: Thank You! It's taken time to do this weight loss thing, but it is worth it. Good Luck to you as well! I adore shopping too... I have the excuse that I am losing weight to keep shopping

Trish: Chicago sounds awesome! Yeah working for a museum would be great, but I have no clue how good the job market is... Oh well, maybe I could be a paralegal for a museum

Kay: Even when I was over 250lbs (which was a while ago), I was a b-cup. So now, I am a 36A and even some of those are too big (but because I have a big ribcage I doubt I'll ever be a 34band). At least a lot of the cute pretty bras are in that size (and I love the fact most bras are seamless now!)!

Tonya: yeah WW is so great. Losing weight has done sooo much for me, I feel better and this has crossed through many places in my life.

Suzanne: I have Subway a lot too, since I had a bad lunch, I am having a sub for supper (since I'll be out this evening).

Julie, Brenda, Kirsty, Lola, and to everyone else: Have a Fabulous weekend.

Eek, I hate WI when it's TOM... grrrrrrr... I'll see how it is tonight.. If I have a gain, I have a gain.

Take Care!

Ali

243.4/166.2/155
Old 03-03-2001, 02:54 AM   #26  

Kay and Ali you two are lucky to be able to wear the pretty bras. My chest is now over a DD and I can't even wear Vistoria's Secret When I started college I was a C cup at 150lbs. Then went up to a D when I gained up to 188 then stayed there when I was back down to 150. Now I am 190 and over a DD. Maybe all that yo-yoing is what did me in! Never the less I really hope I can get back down to a D or at least a DD!!!!!

Suzanne
Old 03-03-2001, 04:20 AM   #27  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all, me again. I am getting excited about the SELF challenge. Monday is my start day!!

I am doing OK, have WI tomorrow. I always am afraid of what will happen. Mostly because when I was on WW before, I lost super slow and I hate that. And once I got PG, it all came back on, so now I feel like I am starting all over.

SO far I have the following people on the SELF challenge... ME, Emily, Belle, Becky(Grace), Julie, Suzanne.. did I miss anyone. This will be FUN!

As long as we are talking bra sizes... I hate mine now. I used to be a 38C, then when I lost my 30 pounds I was a 36C, then got PG and boomed up to a 40D, now I am all saggy and just hate them, but am back to a 36/38C, but they look nothing like they did before. Hubby has no complaints, but I hate them. Poor me!

Also, I have been really bummed lately. None of my clothes fit since I was PG. I am still wearing yucky knit pants. 8 pounds lost jsut doesn't help with the clothes situation. I feel miserable and hubby can tell. I just can't force this fat off any faster and that is discouraging! I just want to fit into my jeans again, but I swear that my hips are super huge since I was PG. That is why nothing fits... seems like the rest of my body is getting back to normal, except my hips... and butt!! Ugghh

OK, i am done whining!

have a great weekend all!

Jen
235.8/228/160

Old 03-03-2001, 04:25 AM   #28  
Parrothead

Hello Again! As far as the bras go, I can fit into many. However, I usually have to get the super padded ones to balance my hips http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif! Those get really pricy sometimes. Maybe when we have kids I'll fill out. I guess we all want what others have. It's the same as the curly hair vs the straight hair, blonde vs red vs brunette.

Grace ~ My screen name comes from my college. I went to Texas A&M and we are the Aggies. My full name is Karen Kay, but all my friends call me Kay. Only my fam calls me Karen still. You are the same as I am with picking out names. We have a while before we're ready for kids (are we ever!?), but we still like to pick out names. We look mainly at boy names because we are more than likely to have a boy. His ENTIRE family is men, so not alot of girl genes. Maybe we'll get lucky! The first boy is going to be Michael V, but after that we like Franklin (for my g-pa) and I like Issac. We'll see...

Suzanne ~ Thanks! I loved my dress. Sometimes I wish I could take it out of preservation and see how it fits now. Marriage is great fun. I would recommend it.

Belle and Julie ~ TOM for me was bad too! Although all of the added water i'm drinking and the minimal exercise I've done has helped. Try eating foods with high vitamin and calcium content. That seems to work.

Jen ~ I'm going to look into the SELF thing now. It sounds like a super idea. Maybe I can get the other friends I have at WW to do it.

Have a great weekend ya'll! My best friend is coming to Austin this weekend, so I need to hit the store. She's pregnant so I need to get some caffene free stuff and snacks! Must spoil the baby now!

Kay
Old 03-03-2001, 04:30 AM   #29  

Hi everyone! I have been trying to post for 45 min, but I keep getting IM'd! Arrrgggghhh!

I can't even read through the posts that I printed. And I have to go to my 2nd job now ...

Duran Duran was great! Simone LeBon STILL has sex appeal! What an entertainer ... we were dancing all night! I did end up having a few cocktails, but it was relaxing. I don't often get out into that sort of socialization.

Stacy - I COMMEND you for giving up ice cream! You go girl! I could NEVER do it ... Ben & Jerry are my best friends! Sounds like you've got a good start on your wedding plans. Can't you go on the honeymoon first?

Ali - I am working on a Masters degree in education. I haven't decided what level yet though. And today, although I work for the school I learned that tuition remission is now a TAXABLE FRINGE BENEFIT. Isn't that an oxy moron? It hurt the paycheck ... and will continue to do so over the next few weeks. How did WI go?

Belle - I have TOM too, but maybe on Sunday the WI will show that it has come and gone. I need all the help I can get right now. My eating is out of control - midnight eating. Our goals are the same! I am also the same height. Volleyball is so much fun. You'll look like Gabrielle Reese in NO TIME!

Trish - So who won? You or the muffins?

Kay - You are so close to goal! I love SALE shopping ... there is nothing like getting a deal. It's makes all the much better!

Tonya - I second you on the "you want me to look good" statement. It's so difficult to go to school on top of everything else. Ooof! Talk about stress ... shopping is a good stress reliever.

Suzanne - Have you seen the Subway commercial about all of the people who have lost weight eating their sandwiches? I have been meaning to hit the one around my job for a sandwich.

Ok everyone! I'm running out of time! Story of my life.

I'll check out the SELF challenge tomorrow at home. Or maybe Sunday.

Have a great weekend!

Debbie

------------------
"Don't expect your life to change without some effort on your part."
Old 03-03-2001, 04:44 AM   #30  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls! Well, I am heading out soon....I have to walk to my car and get through the traffic out of d/t (we are on a transit strike so everyone and their dog is driving) and get home.

B/f is calling me when he is home from his interview to make plans. I hope he is in a better mood (seemed grumpy on the phone) and if he isn't, I think I'll tell him I'll see him tomorrow and go scrapbooking. Yeah, its Friday night, but he is sometimes so moody its unreal. So a little apart time won't hurt.

Kim - I hope everything is okay - I emailed an you haven't responded, so I am sending some good vibes your way.

Have a good weekend OP girls (and Jay). I have to since its WI on Monday....

Belle
Closed Thread