View Poll Results: How do you love being in your 40's?
I wish I was younger 6 35.29%
I wish I was older 0 0%
I have no opinion 2 11.76%
This is the best time of my life! 9 52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2002, 01:52 PM   #46  

Default leaving home

All this talk of kids leaving home is depressing me!! My son, who turned five a month ago, just "graduated" from preschool Thursday night. Next thing I know he'll be off to college! Wow, has time flown by fast. I'll just enjoy him for as long as I can, and bring him up right so he'll be able to live on his own (not like the mid-40s brothers I know at church who still live at home -- yikes!).
Old 05-18-2002, 08:30 PM   #47  

OMG!!!!! You guys are certainly prolific, lol. I don't think I can begin to keep up with all your posts.

Jen - ahhhhhh, I know its hard when your kids move out. My oldest son Steve who now lives in Florida, moved out at 18 - decided he wanted to live in Philadelphia and get to see his dad more. That was tough, but we were able to visit a lot. Then last year when he decided to move to Florida with his wife and kids, I really cried like a big *** baby! I wish they could be closer, but I visit as often as I can and I never give up hoping they'll eventually move back to NY. Your joey is close to you guys, so I'm sure you'll see alot of him. There's a quote I love, but can't remember who wrote it: "we give our children 2 things, roots and wings". Its sure, and if the roots are strong, they'll always stay near or come back to us.

Zoe Girl - have a great time on your canoe trip girl!

Hey Es, mi amiga, how are you doing sweetie? Yep, I remember thinking Patti/Zoe was two people, lol.

Hi Terri - wow, your trip sounds exciting, scary, hectic all in one, lol. I'm sure you'll love it though once all the busy packing, etc. passes.

Hi Ruth, Holly, Janie, sandy, myra, and anyone I missed please forgive me. This group has grown soooooooo much and since I'm in an out lately, I might forget some names, sorry!!!!!!

Well, let's see what's going on with me. Well, my baby's home!!!!!!!!! We went to get Alana yesterday (and all her "stuff") holy moly, were still unpacking. I'm so glad she's home. We've had a double whammy this weekend, yesterday Alana and today, Justin - Willie's with him now, getting his "stuff", while I'm trying to find room for everything! Its gonna be kind of strange having them home, we've gotten used to being along for 9 months. Talk about walking around naked, willie started to go to the bathroom in the altogether and then said "OMG, look at me", lol. And I totally forgot Alana was home and said "the shades are all down, the neighbors can't see you", LOLOLOL!!!!!!! Well, I'm sure we'll get used to it soon.

My mom was moved back to the hospital from the nursing home - they have her in isolation and are trying to rule out either pneumonia or tuberculosis. She's really not looking good at all, sometimes I feel it would be better if she just let go. I know that sounds bad, but I look at her and the way she is living and I told willie, if that ever happens to me, please pull the plug. I would not want to live like that, I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound cruel.
So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Sorry this was so long.........but that happens when I'm away for awhile, I get diarrehea of the mouth! lol.

Oh, and I lost .8 this week, which puts me into the 140's from 150 - I'm about 4 1/2 pounds from ww's goal for me, and about 14 1/2 from my personal goal. It sure is slow, but I'll take it.

Well, guys, I gotta get back to working on Justin's room. I'll try to get back here soon. Love you all!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 05-19-2002, 11:49 AM   #48  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne you can have diarrhea of the mouth any time! It was so good to hear from you. You've got a lot going on with the kids home, what a great summer it'll be with a full house! As long as everyone keeps their clothes on......
Your feelings about your Mother are normal, but it remains something that people are afraid to talk about. When my Mom was ill, I was torn between praying that she'd go and then feeling terrible guilt over having prayed for that. Hang in there; my prayers are with her.
I didn't realize you were so close to goal!!!!!! Absolutely wonderful! Keep it up.

Hi to everyone
~Jen
Old 05-19-2002, 12:28 PM   #49  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Sunday Morning!!

I'm being lazy today ~ I'm so, so tired after yesterday's canoe trip. I was gone from 6:15am until 7pm! No major injuries occurred, just a few bruises on my legs and a pretty bad sunburn. I used sunscreen but obviously a #30 wasn't enough for that hot Texas sun. Thank goodness it was only 75 degrees and not 90!!

I will go back and read the few posts I miss but right now I just wanted to say hi ~ I'll be back later.

Zoe and Patti
Old 05-20-2002, 08:25 AM   #50  

Good morning ladies,

DIANNE, I'm sorry to hear that your mom is back in the hospital. Don't feel quilty, seeing love ones suffer is not very easy. You and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers. BTW, congratulations on being so close to goal, and enjoy having the kids home!

ZOE, so you were a "Survivor"!! I bet it was awesome canoeing down the river. Just think of the calories you burned.

JEN, you girls make me feel quilty. Unfortunately, my ex-husband always create turmoil for our family. From that my girls have self esteem issues, and there was a lot of acting out on both of their parts. Most of the time I felt totally inadequate as a parent. So as they have gotten older and moved out on their own, our life is more peaceful. But I sometimes feel quilty for enjoying the freedom. It's great that you have a good relationship with your kids. Have fun shopping for your son's new place!

Well, I better get off. Hello to the rest of you, take care.

Ruth
Old 05-20-2002, 08:47 AM   #51  

Dianne,
Nice to hear from you. Don't feel guilty. I am sureit is out of love for your mom. I sometimes feel that way about my dad. My mom said to him once after he was complaining about this or that
"At least you are alive" and he said "If you call this living." It was so sad. He has cardiomyopathy and will die with it and is very frail. He used to be so strong and was always running around. It is so sad when the parents start to go down hill.
My prayers are with you. Enjoy Alana and Justin.
And CONGRATS
on your loss. I didn't realize you were so close either. That is great!

Glad you had a great time on the canoe trip Zoe. I'll bet it was so much fun.

Hope you all have a nice Monday. My 2 boys have end of the year parties today and Brittany gets out at 11:30 so I will be doing the kid thing. Their last day is tomorrow. I cannot wait to sleep in. They are not allowed to come into my room until after 9:00. Unless there is blood present.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 05-20-2002, 01:12 PM   #52  

Dianne,
I was not aware that you were so close to goal. WTG chica!! Muy buena!! Esta fantastica! Mi espanol esta poco a poco mas bueno.

My buds,
I was not very OP this weekend. Sat was the annual dinner/auction for my daughter's school. It was very entertaining. They did it with a Carribean theme so everyone was in tropical prints and sandles,and there was a steel drum band. The food was quite heavy. They had twice as many people come this year. I think because they made it casual. It has always been black tie optional in the past.
There is a lot of money at my daughter's school. Most of the families are silicon valley money. The two things I bid on were quickly out of my price range. The money was just flying around the room...Scary.
Since Ellen was staying at a friends house for the night we decided to go to see Star Wars after the party and of course had to have popcorn. I liked the movie, but it wasn't great. Then on Sunday, Ellen wanted to surprise Steve and I and she set out wine and cheese/crackers for us before dinner. I really didn't want to consume those points after Sat night, but it was so sweet. I didn't want to hurt her feelings. Now I'm afraid to WI in wed.

"Talk" to you all later,
JanieD

Last edited by JanieD; 05-20-2002 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-20-2002, 06:41 PM   #53  

Angry Hello, hello!

Hi, Friends!

I'm back from our cold and rainy (but fun) Chicago vacation! We went to the Art Institute and Field museum, ate wonderful food and saw a very funny Wayne Brady improv. concert. We also did a lot of walking and I was so surprised to have actually lost 1.5 pounds for the week! After eating birthday cake last week and splurging in Chicago I thought I was sunk!

I can't catch up with everybody, so I'll just say hello to you - Terri, Zoe/Patti, Jen, JanieD, Ruth, Essie, Diane, Sandy, and Hollygirl!

Ruth, WTG on your 4.0!

Terri, Congrats. on -1 lb! (Your tip of the day was great, thanks!) Once you get organized, Colorado Springs will be a treat! It's beautiful!

Zoe, Have fun canoeing!

Jen, As Seinfeld said, "There's good naked and there's bad naked!

JanieD, You go girl! Minus 1.5 and going to a SPA!

Essie, Hope you are feeling fine!

Love,
Mel

264/247.5/237.6 (10% mini goal by summer!)
Old 05-21-2002, 10:11 AM   #54  

JanieD,
I am so glad you had a good time. Sounded wonderful.
I saw Star Wars on Sunday and I agree. It was good but I still like the originals better. The twins will be born next movie. That ought to be cool. We will see what turned him to the dark side. I hope they have a young Hans Solo and Chewy walking around.

Mel,
CONGRATS!!!!
That is wonderful. 1.5 down. You go girl!
I LOVE WAYNE BRADY. I love to watch "Whose Line Is It Anyway."
He is so talented. I love when he sings. Glad you enjoyed it.
Thanks for your kind words.

Hi All!!!!!!
Terri
Old 05-21-2002, 12:09 PM   #55  
Queen of the Fresh Start

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!

Terri, I know you're verrryy happy about that! My rule of thumb as far as my kids went was also, "if there's no blood it can't be that bad..." and they survived. I hope this is a long fun-filled summer for your family. It's so sad to read about your Dad's condition. I'll keep him in my prayers.

Ruth, no matter how good of a job we strive to do in raising our kids, it is out of our hands at a certain point. I'm sure you provided as much balance and good example to your girls as was possible. You continue to do so by going to college and getting great grades....I'm proud of you!

Zoe, glad you had cooler weather for the canoe trip. Was it fun?

Janie, Ellen is so cool! That is such a neat thing she did for you and Steve.

Mel, you were in my stomping grounds over the weekend.....lousy weather wasn't it? I absolutely love Chicago. Good going on the loss!

This morning I had my final exam, am finished for the summer YEESSSS!!! I won't get my exam grade till Thursday.

I've got so many projects planned that I've been putting off due to studying...and the cold weather. I've also got to buckle down and get seriously OP. I've planned menus for the next week, which will help me feel more in control. Can't forget that Spring Challenge!

Hi everyone!

later,
~Jen
Old 05-21-2002, 12:31 PM   #56  

Hi Mel,
Talk about cold, rainy weather. It usually doesn't rain hardly at all here from May 1 through the end of Sept, but the past 3 days we have been hit with a great big storm out of Alaska. Rain, hail, and some areas had tornados. Yosemite and the Sierras had snow. I am glad that the bad weather didn't spoil your trip. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Congrats on your loss!

Terri,
Yea, we did have fun on Sat. I sat at the dinner with my friend that is the second level supervisor of the person who I applied for the job from. I asked her "I know officially you can't tell me anything, but what can you tell me?" SHe said she hadnt' talked to him about it directly but she did say that she hadn't heard anything negative regarding my interview. I guess no news is still good news. She said that he has one more person to interview that he is definately not interested in but for some administrative reason has to go through the motions anyway. I hope to finally hear some time next week. This has been going on for so long. She originally told me about the position last Nov. It didn't get posted until mid Jan. I applied in late Jan and didn't get interviewed until late Apr. It is now late May and I still haven't heard. That's the government for you

HI to Zoe, Es, Holly, Sandy, Myra, Jen, Pogo, Ruth, Dianne. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

JanieD

Last edited by JanieD; 05-21-2002 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-21-2002, 08:06 PM   #57  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello friends

I'm having a really hard time getting on track here. I start each day with a promise of doing good and I end each day in a prayer, asking for God's help to do better the next day. I have no idea what is wrong with me but I am hoping that it all works itself out soon or I'll be back to the "slit my throat" stage.

I love Wayne Brady too. I saw him in the DFW airport. He got off the same plane that my husband was on. I saw him walk past me and I looked at him (close enough to brush my arm) and thought "wow, I know him". When Greg got off the plane, he said "did you see Wayne Brady?" He is sooooo cute!!

Sorry not to mention everyone but I have some things to do before settling in to watch the season finale of NYPD Blues. Have a wonderful evening.

Later,
Patti and Zoe <><
Old 05-21-2002, 11:25 PM   #58  

Default who?!

Okay, am I out of touch here? Who is Wayne Brady?!?!

I've been SO busy at church/work these past 3 days, and I've been eating horribly. Must get back on track in earnest tomorrow.

I'm beat right now, just ran a TV camera for a 2-hr H.S. graduation ceremony at our church; did the same thing last night. Fun, but tiring! So ... I'm off to bed now and hopefully sweet dreams
Old 05-22-2002, 01:24 AM   #59  

HollyGirl,
I hope you feel better tomorrow.
Wayne Brady is on "Whose Line Is It Anyway" with Drew Carey.
There are 4 people and the do improvisation skits. It is soooo funny. He and 2 men from Canada (Colin and Ryan) are pretty much the regulars and then they have a floater guy or girl fill in to make it 4. Ryan is also on the Drew Carey show. I don't watch that though. Wayne is so talented. He sings so well.

ZOE,
That is so cool that you saw him. My kids love him.
Good luck with the program. Remember NEVER GIVE UP! You will do it! Hope you enjoyed NYPD. My husband watched it. He also has to watch West Wing tomorrow. I don't watch either of those. I love Dennis Franz. Hope I spelled his name right.

JanieD,
I hope you get the job. that would be so cool. Please keep us posted. I know all about the govt. Bruce works for them.
Good luck.

JEN,
Thanks for your kind words. I would be lost without my kids. They are such a comfort to me. I really love summer. Thanks about my dad. He is a wonderful husband and daddy and he deserves so much more.
Hope the weather gets warmer for you. How is the temp. supposed to be for memorial Day?
Good luck and keep us posted on your grade. I know you did well.

All 3 of my kids made the AB honor roll each grading period. YAY!!!!!!

TTYL,
Terri
Old 05-22-2002, 04:26 AM   #60  

Smile

Hi Girls,

I know I've been MIA & I apologize. My arm is much better. I couldn't get on the internet at work & they couldn't figure out why. I hope it's fixed by today so I could post on my lunch hour. I was trying not to type too much till my arm felt better so I haven't been online. I'll be back later. I have to catch up!! Seems like alot has been happening.

Love you's
Es

:sheep:
Closed Thread