Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 08:08 AM   #1  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Talking PINK FLAMINGO CAFE ~~ Tuesday, May 7

Rise and shine!

BBL...gotta get ready for work...
Old 05-07-2002, 09:23 AM   #2  

Morning Everyone. I was busy last night, so I'll go back here in a bit and read what else happened at the cafe while I was gone.

First, I finished my day OP yesterday with 1.5 points to spare. I'm very happy about that. I got all my water in plus extra and I walked yesterday. Yesterday was an all-around good day.

How's everyone else doing?

BBL - after I finish yesterday's thread.
Old 05-07-2002, 09:32 AM   #3  
banned

Good morning PINKIES

I'm sorry I wasn't able to check in yesterday...I literally find it difficult to find even a minute to myself lately. I've already been out twice this morning...once to drop hubby off, and then to drive James to school. Now I'm sipping my Folger's double shot java jive.

You know what I forgot yesterday? I forgot to weigh in! I usually weigh myself every Monday morning. I'm not sure it was such a bad thing to forget anyway though. I think my scale is screwy. Sam weighed herself several times and it's always way over. This scale is less than a year old, I don't get it.

As far as the program goes, I've been trying to eat the right foods... fruits, veggies, lean protein, whole grains... but I haven't been tracking. But I still consider myself On Program because I'm doing the very best I can right now. Hubby says he realizes I'm doing way too much for everyone, I myself know I'm doing way too much for everyone, and it's exhausting me. How the heck do I get off this train?

Sam is doing okay...not great, but okay. She breaks down a lot, always has been high maintanance when it comes to emotions. She talked to her husband a couple of times, last night they were on the phone for over two hours (HIS bill thank goodness). She was very upset when they hung up so I talked with her for awhile before bed. They're making some decisions that she knew was going to happen, but it's still taking a lot out of her.

Gail Our daughters are VERY similar, so I know you're aware of what I'm going through. The encouraging words you sent me in email yesterday means a lot to me... you're a true friend. Thank you for hanging in there with me.
You are doing GREAT with the program! Like the youngsters say, "YOU GO GIRL!"

Christine I think you made some great food choices. Just think of the terrible choices we might've made this time last year. We're just doing so much better this year.

Pat You are doing SO great with your food choices too. You're dropping the pounds like crazy!

Good morning Joyce, Sharon, emmy and Donna!

Guess who has to work on Mother's Day?? ME! What's wrong with that picture, considering that Teri and I are the only moms at work? Well, the young part timers are going home to visit their moms, and the manager never does Sundays. That leaves me or Teri. She's made plans, so that leaves moi. It should be fairly slow, I'll bring a book. BUT the upside to that...since I'll be working the Sunday, I'm getting Thursday as well as Friday off this week.

I'll try to check in later today, even if I can't post I'll try to at least peek in to see how everyone is doing.

Have a GREAT OP day PINKIES

p.s... guess what I saw the other day and thought of all of you? PINK FLAMINGO earrings!

Last edited by HippyChick; 05-07-2002 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-07-2002, 09:48 AM   #4  
One Day At A Time

I rose and I'm trying to shine. DH was out of town for the day yesterday and didn't get home til 11:30pm. Thankfully someone brought him home and I didn't have to get up.

Donna - Thanks - Do you know how to put landscape and portrait views in the same presentation without doing all that linking? Seems kind of awkward. Last presentation, my boss used Adobe Acrobat. It's a LOT more friendly to use.
Sounds like you had quite an adventure. Sounds like you had fun. A day away from school and work and kids.

Judy - Glad to see you made it for a break. Sit right here and relax. Sounds like you have really been on the go. Sorry you have to work on Mother's Day. Maybe your family can make up for it on another day.
That's all any of us can do - be the best we can be on program.

Gail - Sounds like you are doing a lot more communicating with your mother. My mom finally found someone at their church who is very computer literate. Thankfully. She has started hooking up scanners. Her new one will do 35mm slides. So she's going to do a bunch of our pictures from when I was very little. eewwwww Scary.

Good no merry-go-rounds - really and truly I get dizzy just thinking about them. I got really sick once when I was little and spent a long time on one when I was little. ick

BBL
Old 05-07-2002, 10:28 AM   #5  

Ok, Ok, I'm here, really wanted to stay in bed this morning. Did anyone watch 7th Heaven last night? How sad, and now it's a true story, when it was filmed he was still alive.

Gail-Good morning, that is great you are helping your mom with the computer, my dd calls now and then to ask how to do something or other. Hope your not working too hard today.

Judy-Thanks, I'm trying, I wanted pizza so bad last night, but I ate my veggie soup, it was so good, going to make up the rest tonight or tomorrow, since I still have cabbage left. Hope Sam gets thru this ok, and you too. It's so hard when we see our children uphappy, makes us wonder what we did wrong (anyway I feel that way).

Christine-Are we walking today? Looks good to go right now, just hope the rain holds out till this afternoon. You are doing so good, I am happy for you.

Joyce-Good morning, hope you have a wonderful day, good thing you didn't have to get up to pick-up your dh.

Sharon Hope you get a break today and check in with us.

Emmy See you later, I know your at work and will check in this evening... Hope you had another OP day.

Donna-I always enjoyed going to Boston (use to live in CT), but always got lost up there. WOW almost in NH, but that isn't really that far from Boston, glad you got home safe and sound and had a good day. We always need to do something nice for ourselves. I miss that part of NE, use to travel it every weekend, DD and I use to do dogshows all over NE. Have a good day...see you later.

Ok, lets see what today brings. Taking one day at a time. Tomorrow starts my new session with WW again. I don't think I lost, but hope I did maintain. Ok.. got to get the rest of payroll done and open yesterday's mail.

BBL... 33 oz of water & 14 oz of tea on my tea...
Old 05-07-2002, 11:28 AM   #6  

I hate it when work won’t wait, you know what I mean. LOL

Sharon – It sounds like you did good at Red Lobster. I need to buy some good salmon. I’ve seen a couple of good recipes for it lately that I want to try. The cruise sounds divine, exactly what you need a vacation. I vote go also.

Joyce – I like you WW leader. LOL I think that’s a great idea to write the good things you’ve done that week in your book. Do you do that?

Donna – Uh Oh, you played hookie! LOL Hope you had fun. I see you made it home just in time not to get caught. Donna you sound like me…I can use just about any software put in front of me, but ask me technical “innard” questions about my computer and I’m lost completely. LOL Congratulations on snubby your nose at D.Donuts! Way to Go!

Gail – Tackling Wayne for his breakfast sandwich? Gail, you wouldn’t…would you? ROFL Don't you just love trying to give computer instructions over the phone. My MIL is famous for asking me stuff. Problem is she nevers calls anything what it is in my minds' dictionary and we have a communication gap. LOL

Pat – You have not idea how much I appreciate those clothes. I hope I can pass them down someday too. Although it may be to someone I don’t know….. Uh Oh no walking on Thursday, hope you have a good lunch with the crew.

Judy - Gosh, how I know what Sam's going through. I know you wish you could just lift her out of the situation without being hurt. Unfortunately that won'd happen. She's going to get stronger Judy, really she will. One of these times he's going to say something to her to make her angry and instead of crying she'll be puffing smoke out her ears. Then you can say...You go Girl! Hugs to you though for helping her get there. AND Congratulations on staying OP. Doing our best is all we can do and doing our best is done on a day by day basis. You're making good choices and that's what counts.

Emmy - You must have been in a hurry this morning. Check in soon. Hope you have a great OP day. And if not...let us help. Miracle of all miracles, I might actually be able to go to camp this weekend and not leave in the middle of it or early this time. I can't wait.

Ok, I'm falling way behind on my water today. I'm doing to get off here and guzzle a 16 oz. bottle of water then go on break, with a side trip to the ladies room. I've got 16 points planned today between breakfast and lunch. I'll be doing today OP too!
Old 05-07-2002, 11:34 AM   #7  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Sorry...I'm late getting back in here...first of all I woke up thirsty--drank 40 oz. of water before I left for work--NOT a good idea...should have waited until I got to work!

Pat, yeah...I'm a tad busy this morning at work. No...didn't watch 7th Heaven last night...what DID I do last night? I can't even remember what I watched on tv! Tonight is JAG though--I watch it!

Joyce, oh yeah...mom...well she did send me an email this morning so I know she's progressing! It was short..."hi"...

Judy, well...it seems you'll be coming out better in the long run next week when you'll have Thursday and Friday off. At least it will be 2 days in a row not working. That will feel like a mini-vacation to you! Anytime--I'm just an email away! Don't worry, I'm sure you're time is coming when I'm going to need a shoulder to cry on! Just hang in there! Glad to read that hubby has noticed you're doing a lot for one person! Now...to get you some help! You've got the right attitude about being on program--now...are you drinkin' that water? Chadwick of Boston catalogue has a shirt with a pink flamingo on it...no, I didn't order it. But I do have pink flamingoes on my computer as screen savers.

Christine, good job <high-five!> staying op yesterday and banking those points! I ate at max but I'm still on program!

Okay...gotta go...
Old 05-07-2002, 02:37 PM   #8  

Just got back from a nice warm walk. Yes, it's warm out, and you can tell there is a strom coming cause of the humidty. Had a salad and lemon water (Fruit 20) for lunch.

Gail-I know the feeling, I am so glad I have Friday off. Going to the daycare to have Mother's day Luncheon with my grandkids.

Christine-Always glad to help out a friend. I am glad you are enjoying the clothes and they fit. You will be getting more...Going to clean out my bedroom this weekend, and I mean clean, going to take everything out and clean the carpet too. What I don't need going to pack up, don't want, make a pile for sidewalk sale and what is too big and is your taste, I will bring in for you.

Ok, need to drink more water.
I know everyone is having a busy day. Judy, Joyce, Sharon, Donna and Emmy see everyone later....
Old 05-07-2002, 02:38 PM   #9  

Gail - Is your mother still doing WW? You had some bonding time with your mom this weekend. Before you know it she'll be bugging you all the time.

Well ladies, you all must be busy now. I know Sharon said something about an outside meeting all day today. I'm getting ready to go into a meeting shortly which will probably take most the the afternoon. Then home and to a ball game. I'm getting that "wish they were over" feeling again.

I'm at 18 points and holding. Have no idea what I'll have for supper. Everyone else will eat at the game. Any suggestions?
Old 05-07-2002, 04:21 PM   #10  
One Day At A Time

Hello

Dh and I just got back from dentist then lunch with ds and Jade. I have NO cavities. DH has 4 cavities and one of those is under a crown. Gotta take that off, fix the cavity, then new crown.

Shared my lunch with Jade. Judy was talking about portion control with Preston. Jade never eats all her lunch so I had the idea to share with her. She saved me 2 points. Not much but it helped. I 'm at 19. Will have a WW snack bat - so I'll be at 21. Dessert will be 4. And salad for 4 with tuna for 4. So 29 for the day.

Christine and Pat - You are doing so good with your walking!!!!

drat - gotta go - I hope I can get back later
Old 05-07-2002, 05:04 PM   #11  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Well Joyce, I tried that portion control with Amanda last Saturday. It didn't work. Oh she took a biteful...HER kind of biteful...of my rice...and immediately spit it out and said, "...don't like dat"...and proceeded to look at her aunt's lunch plate! That's great you have no cavities! But ouch for you dh!

Christine, no...Mom is not doing WW (remember she only wanted to get into her size 8 shorts ) right now. In fact she said her cholesterol was up. I was surprised at that as she's supposed to be on medication. I asked her if she were still taking meds for that and she said yes but her cholesterol is up anyway...now, I thought if you were taking meds specifically for that then that controlled it. Evidently not. She said she had not been watching what she's been eating. Which THAT concerned me. She also takes meds for high blood pressure. This woman is very active--rides her bike, walks on the boardwalk, plays golf at least twice a week and more than that during the spring, summer, and fall. Mom alreadys has a tan.

Hey Pat, how much water have drunk today? I've drank...<totaling in my head...and counting on my fingers>...64 oz.!!!!!! Yaaaaay! And I'll probably drink another 16-32 oz. before I go to bed tonight. I just love that Fruit 2-0 and so does Amanda. Good luck tomorrow when you weigh in!

Is it 5:00 yet?
Old 05-07-2002, 05:31 PM   #12  

Gail-Only at 68 oz and I am working tonight, so I won't get much more in me... maybe another 20 oz before I go to bed. I love the Fruit 20. Need to go to BJ and pick up a case of it.

Joyce-Good of you at the dentist. I have to go back in 2 weeks to have them finish and put on a crown. WOW, dh has to have crown removed, had that happen to me once, the root got an abscess and they had to go thru the jaw bone to clean out the root, well with time I lost the whole tooth and crown...was on my dashboard and I think my dog ate it... I hate the dentist!

Christine-My computer is up and running. See you tomorrow, oh, we are going out next week So, if the weather is nice, we can walk again.

ok... better get some things cleared off my desk... see everyone later...
Old 05-07-2002, 08:42 PM   #13  
The power is within me...

S/C/G: 290/290/170

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!

You'd think that after yesterday's episode of playing hookey I'd have gotten it out of my system...nope. We were good and truely going to school, the car was pointed in the right direction. (When you think about it...since my classes are every other day, I really only skipped ONE day of classes) But, when we neared the highway...well we went to NH and hit the Christmas Tree store for some Mother's Day shopping. Plus I needed stuff for my dh's school project and well... I did do a lot of walking in the store - does that count towards exercise? I had to fight off some old ladies, AND maneuver around lots of shopping carts and their owners.

I was able to remain OP for the day even though we went to the Ground Round for lunch. I ended up ordering their veg soup, a baked potato and a salad - sour cream and dressing on the side. (By dinnertime, I was not that hungry) Our waitress was a former classmate of mine - last year's accounting class. She recognized me first and I felt so bad after realizing how long it took to put 2 and 2 together... (Some college student) We chatted for a bit while we were there. (It is so *cool* to be remembered - to think that you make such an impression that people remember you a year or so later... must be that 'mom' thing...)

BBL

Donna
Old 05-07-2002, 09:12 PM   #14  
The power is within me...

S/C/G: 290/290/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Joyce

I tried working my Power Point to try and do what you were asking about...I couldn't figure out how to do it - sorry. I thought I had it but as soon as I went to do another silde, they all went the way I switched the new slide to.

I hoped I could have been more help...

Donna
Old 05-07-2002, 11:28 PM   #15  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Hi PINKIE GALS

Made it here at last!!! Yes Pat Iwas busy this am. I try to pop in before work but this morning I never made it any farther than Gail opening up the PFC....duty and children were calling. I've got lots of catching up to do! I've read all the posts but I can NEVER remember it all!! But let's see what I do remember.....

GAIL.... You were down here in VA this weekend I do believe. DId you come down on Sunday and go back the same day?? That is a lot of driving isn't it? Your Mom's computer sounds great. SHe is lucky that she has you to help her with it...and good for you chasing those guys outta there!!LOL! I am not a nurse or Dr. or anything like that but for some reason I think that I have heard that certain blood pressure meds can cause an increase in cholesterol levels. But I am sure that your Mom's Doctor knows best.....she does communicate with her doc?!!?! Sounds like she gets the exercise part down without problem...LOL I would love to walk on the Boardwalk. Do they live near it? AND I think I remember from the weekend thread that yu had a GREAT weight loss this past Sat...that is great!!!

PAT.... Thanks for the chilled water...can't do without it!! Did you get yours in ?? I hope you have a good weigh in tomorrow. You are doing so well!! I bet it will be good news!!

JUDY.... My heart goes out to you and Sam for all that you are going through right now. If SAm feels it then I know you feel it too. Try to be good to YOU!! cuz you know what??? YOU deserve it!!! Sorry you have to work on Mother's Day but you will still be home for an OP Breakfast in Bed..right??? Having Thur and Fri off will be good...Do you get them this week or next. I have to work Sat...we are having a Pig Roast for the residents and their families. I'm not sure about Sun....mysister and I may be going to my parents and paint their den and my brother is going to put down new carpet that we are getting them. It will be their Mother's Day and Father's Day gifts...they don't need or want anything....so this is a way for us to give them something worthwhile...although thay fuss about it every step of the way. I just tell my Mom she might as well give up cuz my sister is going to go forward no matter what....no use fighting it...anyway I've strayed...hope your day is wonderful with Sam there to share it with you!!

CHRISTINE..... LOL you must have ESP girl...how did you know that I have been less (way less) than perfect with program these last couple of days?? I have not been awful but I have been "air counting" not good and I have been wanting to eat EVERYTHING that is not NAILED down.... I have been resisting fairly well. But I need to tighten up and count on paper!! Sounds like that worked very well for you recently. AND way to go with banking those points!!! Good to hear that you can camp uninterrupted this weekend. You are so right it IS relaxing...even last weekend when I had 2 teenagers and a 9 yo and a 5 yo...ALL BOYS!!! and by myself !!! WHAT was I thinking????

JOYCE..... Sorry about your DH and the dentist...but happy for you!! Good job on the points and the way you are keeping count!!! I KNOW that helps. Glad you had a good time with Jade.

DONNA....... Sounds like you have been BUSY!! Your traveling sounds like fun!!! COngratulations on your upcoming graduation. Do you have plans for after.

HelloSHARON... Were you near the fires? I cannpt remember? Sure do hope NOT!!!

Well tomorrow is a new day and I have every intention of making a "hard copy " of all my points as I consume them!!! Water drinking continues Great as I drink over 100 oz a day!!!

Gonna post now before I lose all of this....Hope NOT!!!!

Night
emmy
Closed Thread