Old 01-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #46  
Thursday Lady

Evening,
Jeanne, stay out of that chocolate. You can send some down this way.

I wanted to let y'all know that I'm having surgery some time the first part of next month. The surgeon found that I have a hernia. Thrill! I don't have a time yet.

Susan how is Pat?
Tammy, are you and Maurice frozen?
Dori, how is your fast going?
Maureen, you've been too quiet.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:08 AM   #47  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

g'morning ladies! Well this morning our cold water pipes are frozen! Urghhhh! The news is constantly talking about the freezing temperatures! It is so cold that it is being blamed for a few deaths of elderly people in the Pittsburgh area! I really think that this is the coldest I ever remember!

Well, as you know, I gave into chocolate yesterday. It wasn't the best OP day I've had, but it wasn't the worst either! So...........today is a new day and I'm back on plan!! My daughter, Jess, has been at it again too. She has done terrific. She started 1/1/09 and has lost 8#. She has been doing Jillian Michaels. NOT ME!!! I watch!

Well, I'm going to go. I have bunches to do.
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:07 PM   #48  
Susan

Hi,

Tammy, I was laughing reading about Maurice and the snow. How funny!!!! I know he was too cute! Our Betty loved the snow (what little we get here) Thanks for the thought about the snow but you can KEEP IT!!!

Jeanne, I'll have to get my Jillian Michaels dvd out. I haven't even done it yet.

Tina, I'm sorry you have to have surgery. Poor thing!

Ok, now for Mr. Pat. He went to the neurosurgeon yesterday. He called me to tell me that he was going to have surgery on Monday, Jan. 26. It will be day surgery and they are going in to clean up the disc. The doctor said that it's definitely messing with the nerve that goes does his arm. Hopefully it will help immediately and his feeling and strength will come back. I'm going to take off Monday and Tuesday. He said "you don't have to do that, I'll just need you Monday." I ignored that comment.

I have a nice shiner!!!!!! I accidently got bopped on the check bone with my heavy duty water bottle that was full of 34 oz of water. I didn't think anything about it. The next day, it was a nice shiner!!! It keeps getting worse and bigger. Oh well, there is a first for everything

Ya'll stay warm!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:45 PM   #49  

Tina, I think we should all come and sit in the waiting room when you have surgery. We're having a heat wave here. It was up in the 20's earlier. Hope we don't have more of the negative temps!

Jeanne, your daughter is doing great! I don't think I could handle Jillians workouts. It's hard enough at the Y with Melissa. Sorry about the pipes. We've been fortunate that we haven't had problems.

Susan, send us a picture of that shiner! Years ago my best friend was hit in the eye with a softball. I couldn't even look at her because it looked so yucky.

I have felt icky all weekend. Temp has been up, queasy, chills. Tim and Lauren got a pizza tonight, and I ate some. Sure hope I don't regret it. Tomorrow is a busy day so I don't want to get sick again. aerobics, lunch with retired teachers, and yoga.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #50  
Susan

Hi,

Tammy, I got a good one!!! I'll send you a picture of it. Here is the funny thing.... I take a picture of myself everyday and send it to my big sister. We are such goofballs!!! Hope you aren't getting sick.

I'm off tomorrow. I have to go to the dentist for a cleaning. Pat's off too so I think he is going to go there with me and then we'll run a few errands.

He is miserable. He said tonight, I wish my surgery was this week, but he has to be off the Plavix for a week first. Poor thing! I can tell that he is really hurting.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #51  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
Tammy, I wish y'all would come sit in the waiting room. You could keep Larry company. It'd be nice to see ya after surgery. I still can't believe that they send people home the same day.
Susan, I want to see a photo.

Oh Tammy, I'm so sorry you are feeling yucky. I wish you could stay in tomorrow and out of the weather.

Jeanne, great job your daughter is doing!
Dori, how are you?
Maureen, is it snowing up there?
Old 01-18-2009, 10:51 PM   #52  

Susan, thanks for the picture! I say "OUCH" again. I need to call and make an appointment with my dentist. She is retiring in April, so I need to get in before she does. Poor Pat! Give him a light hug for all of us.

Tina, Larry wouldn't know what hit him if we all showed up! I do feel better tonight. I told Tim that I'll go to class in the morning and do what I can. Might not be too much.

We had more snow today, but I've only gone out with Maurice a couple of times when Tim and Lauren were gone. I've mainly just been on the couch or in bed.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:28 AM   #53  
jeanne

g'morning ladies! Wooooosh, honestly.......I'm glad it's Monday! I had a hard time fri., sat., & sun!!!! All this snow and COLD temps.........no outdoors or activiities! I know, that shouldn't be an excuse. My jessica got up everyday and did something. Either Jillian or the YMCA! Also........one more excuse.......anytime I start anything that darn cough just comes on and won't quit! That's what has me up today!

Tina - I'm sorry you have to have surgery! I'm with Tammy, I'd love to be there when you came out!

Tammy - I thought we were getting a "dusting - 3"...........Ummmm, we got 3" - 6" ON TOP OF WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE!!! I yi yi!

Susan - Sorry about that shiner............
Enjoy your day off with Pat. Also I'm sorry about how miserable he is feeling!

Well I'm going to scoot. I have to get my AVON orders placed and then off to work.
Everyone have a Marvelous Monday! Drink your water and move those bodies!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:34 AM   #54  
jeanne

Oh.......I almost forgot..............

PITTSBURGHS GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #55  
Susan

Howdy,

Jeanne, sorry about that cough still! Just take it easy..... Hey SORRY but the CARDINALS are gonna win!!!

Tammy and Jeanne, you would laugh at us Texans when it comes to snow!!! I would hibernate and not come out til spring or summer. I can't believe all the snow!

Tina, we would come sit with Larry. Isn't it amazing all the things they do as out patient now. My foot surgery is going to be also.

Pat's a little anxious about his surgery. I think he is going to worry himself silly or me silly until next Monday. He has to go to the cardiologist tomorrow to get some paper signed saying he approves him being off his Plavix. The funny thing is that Pat and the neurosurgeon were talking and he said "Yes, I know your cardiologist, I've done work on him" He picked up the phone and talked to him while Pat was sitting there.

I had my cleaning today. Now my teeth hurt a little. The hygienist was rough or anything but they still are tender tonight.

Ya'll stay warm all you Snow Bunnies!!!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:47 PM   #56  

Jeanne, sure hope you get rid of that cough! So frustrating, I'm sure. I order Avon stuff all the time. Silly question, but when is the superbowl?

Susan, that's cool that the doctors know each other! Your little egg is trucking across that tracker!!

I felt good today so I went to aerobics, ate with my friends, and went to Yoga. After aerobics we had a weigh-in, and I was down 3 pounds from when I weighed on Jan. 6 at the Y. I am very pleased. Official weigh in for me will be at the First Place class on Wed. night.

Hope you all had a great Monday!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #57  
Susan

Tammy,
Way to go on losing 3 pounds. Let us know after you have your other weigh in.

You are doing good.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:40 PM   #58  
Thursday Lady

Wow, to the weight loss. What all have you been doing different?????

Susan, y'all come sit with Larry and then we'll come to your hospital and wait for you to come out. It sounds like Party Time!!!
I'm sure Pat is nervous.

Jeanne, take care of yourself.
Dori, how are you?

Maureen, any good interviews recently?
I was bad today. I went to our bakery and bought cupcakes decorated for the inauguaration. They were sooooo good. We had them for dessert tonight.

Last edited by Tina; 01-19-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #59  

Thanks. I honestly don't know what I've been doing different. Still tracking the same way, but maybe eating healthier foods? Heck, I'm still eating ice cream sometimes!! lol This morning I feel totally bloated. Maybe my TOM isn't completely done like the doctor and I think. bummer.

cupcakes sound good, decorated or not!

That's all for now.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #60  
jeanne

Evening girls!

Tina - The superbowl is Sunday, Feb. 1!! And of course the Steelers are gonna win! haha! (Did Susan see that)? Mmmmm, I hope you savored that cupcake! Ahhhhhhh, I LOVE cupcakes, cake, icing........
PS - I'm glad you like AVON! It's my 2nd business. Let me know if I can ever do anything for you!!!

Tammy - woohooo.......woohooo Weigh to go on that loss!!!!!

Susan - Cardinals? Uh, W H O! I was just at the dentist about a month ago and our hygentist was on maternity leave and we had a new one. She was a brut! I yi yi!

Well I'm going to get going - I have to watch a repeat of the Presidential Inauguration! I wish I could have been in DC today. Wow!
AND............The Biggest Loser is on tonight!

~jeanne