Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 12:28 PM   #16  
banned

Hello PINKIES!!

I have about 10 minutes before I'm out the door for my 1-9 shift, and I still have to do my makeup and pack my supper, but I just had to stop in at the PFC.

I can see now that I'm not really going to get many opportunities to check in with y'all for the next little while, but I'll try....I'll grab a few minutes here and there when I can. Once Sam has been here for a little while the novelty of yakking constantly will wear off and I'll have a little free time. Right now she's gone to Blacksburg with Teri and a friend to do a little shopping. I hope she doesn't spend all her money in one day...she'll get carried away cuz she thinks all the prices are so cheap here compared to back home. (Which they truely are!)

We went to the chinese buffet last night and I did really good! We were doing way too much talking! There were a total of 10 of us all together (more friends joined us). We all had such a good time. Sam was smiling and chatting and was very impressed with the quality of food. I passed on dessert but had a spoonful of Sam's banana pudding.

I wasn't here when she met Preston for the first time, I was at work but they told me all about it. She just loves him! He gave her hugs and kisses. He can't pronounce Aunt Sam...it comes out sounding like AweSome. She LOVES that nickname.

Hippy Hippy Shake dance to everyone staying OP and doing so well! I wish I could post to everyone individually but I really have to get moving.

Love you all!

OH I almost forgot! Welcome Donna!

I'll talk with you PINKIES again as soon as I can!
Old 05-02-2002, 01:05 PM   #17  
One Day At A Time

Judy - You must be having so much fun - just chattering away at each other and getting all caught up.

Sharon - Glad you got to stop long enough to peek in. When do things start slowing down for you. Or do they?

Pat - I've got to go look for those desserts. Let us know how they are and the points of course.........

Well, I've got my 80 hours in for this pay period. I am leaving and won't be back til Monday morning at 6am. I'm going to ww. Then I hope I can get to Sam's Club. They have a few things that I haven't found anywhere else.

Later friends................
Old 05-02-2002, 03:09 PM   #18  
I will do it this time

Joyce, things won't slow down until August for maybe a couple of weeks. There is just a lot of stuff happening and the new boss is really nit picking everything to death. Not relying on our experience from the past. She has been here for 2 years, I have been here for 16years and my partner for about 12. I respect change but she isn't hearing us.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:18 PM   #19  

Ok, PFC we have several thunderstorm warning and Tornado Warnings till 9pm. Starting in West Virginia all the way up to New England... I know we need rain, but not all this wind and hail with it... This has started to be a very scary summer....
Old 05-02-2002, 03:27 PM   #20  
I will do it this time

You don't usually get tornadoes there do you? It is scary. That tornado in Maryland. We are also starting to see some minor tornado's here and that is one thing we don't get. Our earthquakes are enogh.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:29 PM   #21  

I don't think so Sharon, I have only lived here in PA 7 years, but I know growing up in Minnesota, we had them all the time. In fact one summer when I was in Arizonia visiting my brother, we had two, one North of the farm and one South of the Farm. I use to hate them, and would head to the basement.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:34 PM   #22  
I will do it this time

I think the thought of a tornado scares me more than earthquakes. Thankfully we don't have destructive ones to often, but those tornadoes are always around. Just stay safe.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:40 PM   #23  

Thanks Sharon, I have to work tonight at Disney. The one I worry about is my friend Mike, who has a farm and they had one go thru there last week, infact it one the same one that hit Maryland. Of course I worry about Christine too, she lives out in the country side too, and has 1 hour drive home. The are calling for high winds and hail this afternoon. She is on her way home now..... Gail, did you have the same warning in your area...
Old 05-02-2002, 03:45 PM   #24  
I will do it this time

I didn't realize that Christine had such a commute. I hope she gets there okay. Sounds like you are all in for some nasty weather.
Old 05-02-2002, 04:22 PM   #25  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Just turned the radio up as they were giving out a "little ol' tornado warning"...(that is a quote)...hmmm...just get me home! I hate storms when I'm home alone. Just hate it!
Old 05-02-2002, 04:23 PM   #26  
I will do it this time

Are you in the path of a tornado also?
Old 05-02-2002, 04:42 PM   #27  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Yeah...<shudder>...Right before we moved into the house we're in now, one of the houses on my street a small tornado touched down and caused their chimney to come down in their front yard. You could see the path that the tornado took on the golf course...and THAT was right behind where my house was to be built.
Old 05-02-2002, 04:49 PM   #28  

Gail, It's a big one and looks like a bad one coming. Get home and be safe tonight. I hate them too.

They are saying the storm is in York county right now, which is about 30 miles South of Harrisburg, not good. I am off to work at the mall...

If it's not storming when I get home, I will post to let everyone know that I'm ok, but if it's stroming out, I don't get onto my computer, it got fried one time by lightening, don't need that again...

Ok... see everyone later...
Old 05-02-2002, 07:32 PM   #29  
One Day At A Time

I hope all you gals are okay. Tornados scare me - but then who wouldn't be.

I weighed in, -1.8. We had show and tell fashion show at ww today. Fun. Several men showed how many notches they've moved up on their belts. One woman, down about 71#, showed her skirt. She can't put it on cuz it won't stay up. LOL The leader talked about making a list of affirmations to look at all the time. "I am a good person" "I have a good body" Nothing with "I will" or "I will try". But positive statements that start with "I am" and "I have". Interesting concept because I am always hard on myself. So I am going to try this.

Sharon - Sounds like they could actually have work for another person. My boss likes to try to hire a summer student to help us get caught up. Last year, I think I spent more time after she left cleaning up mistakes. He didn't get around to it in time this year, thank goodness

I have to go get a big salad made for dinner. I'm at 17 points.
salad with dressing and croutons for 4/21
2 1 point hot dogs with tortilla for 4/25
Skinny Cow+strawberries+choc topping for 4/29
I haven't had enough water today. I will drink some more but not too much - don't wanna be up half the night

Again - hope you all are alright.

Later
Old 05-02-2002, 09:06 PM   #30  

Ladies, I'm home. I touched down here at the house for about 35 minutes and then left again for a ball game. We didn't have anything like the storms that they described was coming but heard the warning for York on the radio on the way home. We had beautiful sunny weather the whole way home. However right now it's extremely windy outside.

I don't have time to post individually right now. But I'll re-read before I post tomorrow. I'm sorry, I'm just really really bushed about now.

Oh, one more thing when I go to bed here in a few minutes.....I'll have banked 5 points. I'm OP!
Closed Thread