Old 11-30-2008, 06:25 PM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default FAB AND FIT 40's & 50's ~ #7

Terri,
I thought you always went out for Chinese on Thanksgiving? and I always found it to be a cool alternative! Perhaps I'm thinking of a different holiday. At any rate, the dish sounds good!

What a nice long weekend it's been....but still not enough time to get everything done! I'll be finishing up the tree and decorations during the week.

Hi to everyone

~Jen
Jenny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:05 AM   #2  

Jen,
After cooking all day I wished we did. We used to go to an amusement park (Disney World, we lived 45 min. away) every Thanksgiving Day. I'd cook a turkey the Sunday before. There was noone there but people from other countries.

I hope everyone's December is a healthy one.
Terri
points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #3  

Good morning ladies,

Wow, it is turning cold. I was late for work today because my water froze!! YIKES....we might be in for a cold winter!

Well, back to work...love you gals!
short & sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #4  

Good morning,

Did I understand correctly, BL will let the audience pick the 3rd person in the finale!! YEAH....I'll be voting for Michele if she goes below the yellow!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #5  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi everyone:

Sorry, I've been MIA lately - this diabetes thing is kicking my butt. My eyesight has totally changed right now. I came to work Monday and couldn't see anything close up, including my computer so I couldn't work. Went to the Opthamologist (sp?) and he wouldn't write a prescription because my blood sugar is not stabile and my eyes could change again. So he suggested I buy those reading glasses from CVS. Before I couldn't see anything far away without glasses - not its the opposite, I can see far but not near! I also had a episode last night - the doctor had given me an additional medicine to take yesterday because my sugar wasn't stabilizing with the one medication. So I took them both last night and started feeling lightheaded and shaky. My blood count had gone from the 200's to 50, which is low. I felt like Julia Roberts in Steel Magnolias, had to gobble down some orange juice to get the sugar up. This sucks (excuse my language). I'm on a very strict no sugar/carbs diet until I get stabilized, but hopefully things will change after that and become a little more flexible.

Sorry to vent, but needed to, lol!

I hope everyone is well. Hope Michelle wins TBL, but if not, anyone but that witch Vicky!

Love you guys,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 12-03-2008 at 03:03 PM.
dpadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:55 PM   #6  

Ruth,
I hope your pipes are ok. Hope they didn't burst.

Dianne,
I do hope your sugar stabilizes. Bruce has type 2 diabetes. They got what works for him within a few months. It will come along. It is a scary thing but very manageable. Take care.

I cannot stand VICKY!!!!! READ THIS!

http://www.amazon.com/Get-Queer-Abs-...8353780&sr=8-2

Love you guys,
Terri

Last edited by points; 12-03-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:17 PM   #7  

Hey girls, nope pipes didn't freeze...there is evidently one small place somewhere between the well and the house that freezes...as soon as the sun hits, it thaws in no time!!

Queer abs????
Old 12-04-2008, 11:32 AM   #8  

Hi everyone

Terri - I'm sure you're right and things will stabalize soon - thanks for the encouragement.

Today's my birthday and for the first time ever, I feel my age!

Talk to you's soon,

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 12-04-2008, 12:27 PM   #9  

Dianne,

Happy Birthday! You are wonderful no matter what your age. You will feel fine in no time.

Ruth,
Yes, that video is one that Bob Harper made. I saw an infomercial on it awhile back and then some sites reminded the public about it and it is on sale at Amazon.
Luv ya,
Terri
Old 12-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #10  

Hey Diane, Happy Birthday!!!! Any special plans? I hope you get the sugar under control soon!!

Today is my oldest daughter's birthday...she is 31...guess I need to call her. I called her last night and wished her happy birthday just in case I forgot!! LOL

Well, I officially joined the wellness center yesterday! Now I;ve got to sit down and work out a schedule that works for me!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #11  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Happy Birthday, Dianne!
I hope you're adjusting a bit better and get the sugar under control.....vent all you like.

Terri, you've mentioned Bob Harper's name before and it makes me do a double-take, as that was my Dad's name! I missed BL this week

Ruth, glad your water is ok. Good going on joining the wellness center!

Hi everyone.
~Jen
Jenny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:37 AM   #12  

Jen,
Was the first message a rough draft? Just kidding.
That is funny about Bob having the same name as your dad.

Ruth,
Happy birthday to your daughter.
That is cool you joined the Wellness Center. I love mine.
Enjoy!

Bruce went to Fl. 2 weeks ago and told us he was flying home as usual. He even called from the "airport." We needed a 4th car in a big way. When he came home he told Bradley to get his suitcase from the driveway. He found a 96' Mazda Miata convertible for $3,500. It was a great deal. This will be Bruce's car. The boys get the 97' truck. We didn't have any car payments so he went ahead and went for it. Britts gets the camaro (96') until she buys her own car. Then it is mine. I drive the 97' conversion van. All our cars are about the same age. It is dark blue and tan.
Have a great weekend.
Terri

Last edited by points; 12-05-2008 at 01:39 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:01 AM   #13  

Terri, super neat!! I would love to have found my grandson something like that...or an old Fiero! Instead he will be driving a 91 Jeep Cherokee. Providing he goes to work to pay for insurance and gas! Currently Maurice and I are driving new, which we never could do when we were younger! Now I can't wait to have them paid for!!! I think I'm over the brand new car bug!!!

I'm going tomorrow for water aerobics and perhaps I can get a small workout in. My appointment for my assessment that sets me up with exercises that will benefit what I want to do isn't until Tuesday. I can't wait...my goal for the gym is to 1. Lose inches (so my clothes fit better) 2. build muscle (because muscle burns calories) 3. Better health (lower blood pressure) and
4. Lose weight (icing on the cake).

I'm really looking forward to this...I have two co-workers that belong to the wellness center and one of my friends that I graduated with in 2005 is also a member. So...maybe we can motivate each other!!!

Love you guys, I have to get back to work. Have a good weekend.

Last edited by short & sassy; 12-05-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:41 PM   #14  

Hi everyone:

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Ruthie, in answer to special plans......well.... not exactly. Unfortunately, my husband of almost 25 years (30 together) totally forgot my birthday Can you believe it? It was 9:00 p.m. last night when we walked in the door and he played our messages. One was from my best friend wishing me happy birthday. Well, you should have seen his face

I was upset but in his defense, he has been having some problems with high blood pressure at the same time that I've been having this diabetes problem and he has been very concerned, etc. so I guess I can forgive him. The funny thing is when he realized he forgot, he said "you should have reminded me" Well, I won't even tell you what I said to that. Anyway, he's making up for it tonight - he's picking me up at work and we're going to dinner and a show.

Terri - your sons must be happy to be getting Dad's car.

Hi Jen, Es (how are you?), ZoeGirl and Sandy.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 12-05-2008, 06:00 PM   #15  

AWW Dianne,
I guess they can't be perfect all the time. I know he felt bad. I have forgotten to say Happy Birthday a few times and remembered after I got to work. I had a gift and a card but on the actual day it slipped my mind. I felt so bad.
I hope his BP problems get resolved. I hate getting older what with all the health problems. I started getting high blood pressure last yr. with all my mouth pain. I haven't had a problem since going to the gym.

Ruth,
We bought a new car in 1983 before we moved to Florida. That was the last new car we ever got. Bruce has this buying used cars down to a science.
I have a picture of the miata in my SP photo gallery.

Brandon is having band practice tomorrow in the garage. I am going to a craft show thank God. To loud for me.
Have a great weekend you guys.

Es, We love you. '
Terri

Last edited by points; 12-07-2008 at 01:26 AM.