Old 12-05-2008, 10:38 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, ladies

Lauren - WOW nice weight loss, good for you

Ariana - You are doing great with all your exercise, and you are so right about feeling great after working out. I am proud of you for getting your butt over to the gym and for staying focussed on counting your points.
Big rewards are in store for you!

Judy - the pie sounds delish! Another recipe for me to try - I love trying new things, thanks.

My friend is coming tonight for dinner tonight since she couldn't make it last night. She is picking up some kind of fresh fish & I am making big salad & of course, wine. So pretty much healthy supper.

Weather got nasty last night - I was out for awhile & when I drove home the roads where so slippy I slid right past my driveway trying to turn even though I was going slow. There were no other cars around, so I was glad.
Bad enough when there is snow, but when it ices up very dangerous.

Anyway, have to finish decorating my tree today & pick up some fresh salad
things.

My goal is to do better over the weekend than last time.

Lets all have a really great week!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:11 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Monday. I went to W/I on Saturday and was down 1.8, much better then I expected so I will take it. Eating over the weekend was bad but I am on track for the rest of the week. DH holiday party was Saturday night and the food there was just plain no point friendly so that just kind of rolled into Sunday... But today is a new day.

I got my tree up on Sunday and the house is decorated, I also managed to get some shopping done so I don't feel so stressed about the upcoming holiday season.

I hope that all is well with everyone, Have a great day!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #18  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Princess : Weigh to go! You're doing an amazing job losing weight with all you're dealing with. Good for you! I'm glad you've got your tree up and decorations and some shopping done because that gives you a minute to catch your breath.

All goes well here. Wintuk at Madison Square Garden was a lot of fun. Then my dh and I went to see the tree at Rockefeller Centre and a couple of store windows. we had a WW friendly dinner at a sports bar near the MSG and it was delicious. Funny thing happened--my dh and I both ordered skirt steak, baked potato and salad. Well, I cut my steak in half and same with the potato. Oh-you are going to think I was soooooo virtuous since the potato was a small one to start with. My intention was to take home half of my dinner. Well, when I mentioned to dh that I was finished eating (forgot to say I was taking home the leftovers), he asked for the steak! Hysterical, so of course I gave it to him and while he was eating I nibbled on the piece of potato left. We caught the train home and had a wonderful day!

Next day my dds and one dsil and one dgrandson visited and stayed overnight. I ate more than I should have, but I tracked it all, got back on better track for Sunday with a veggie concoction for dinner that saved the day. Scale looked good this morning and I am eating very lightly today to try and lose some weight by WI on Wednesday. Wish me luck!

I'm sending good cheer to you all. Be well and happy. I'm heading to the kitchen for some water and then I'm going to exercise. Found a video of The Mummy and think that will be fun to walk to.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:47 AM   #19  

Hi ladies. No time to talk. Work has cranked up again. ::sigh:: I'll come back and catch up with you guys as soon as I can. In the meantime, thinking about you.
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:47 PM   #20  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Well, I have good news from my WI at WW's. I am down 2.2# this week which puts me at almost the lowest weight I have been for these past four months. I have lost almost 20# since my start of WW's so long ago. (I had reached 25# down during these past years, but simply put back pounds as I've been going along.) The good news is I haven't given up and I'm still working WW's. So, I am pleased and determined to keep on going. I have not baked anything for Christmas yet, and won't be baking until the very last minute. I'm bringing a pecan pie to my daughter's gingerbread house making get together this Saturday, but I'm also bringing a pumpkin trifle that I can eat.

So, onward and downward. By the way, here in the states WW introduced a new program. It combines Core and Flex back into one program with an emphasis on eating more filling (old Core) foods so that when we see temptations, at least we are feeling full. I always think it's a good idea to shake things up, so I'll be trying this. I also got on the three times this week and I know that helps me a lot.

Good luck to us all. I'm wishing all our Turtles a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Judy
234.6/215.6/214 is my next short term goal (20# down!!!)
Old 12-11-2008, 07:44 AM   #21  

Morning all and happy Thursday to everyone. It is cold here today but no snow so that is a good thing. I will take snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas day though . I am still not feeling great, this cold just seems to not want to go away... that being said, I got on the scale the other day and it was way up again, I gave myself a huge shake and a strong talking to and got back on track with everything except the exercise. I am going to try and do my videos at home in the evening and see if that helps to get me going again. Even the walk away the pounds tapes would be better then what I am doing right now which is basically nothing.

Judy: Great Job! You are doing awesome, keep at it and you will blow past that 25# mark in no time at all!

Bandit: How are you doing up your way? Looks like there has been some snow activity up there lately.

Ariana: So sorry to hear that work is stressfull again, any news on next years budget yet? I am hanging tough here at my new job, still not a lot of work coming my way but the paychecks are so I keep my mouth shut and do what ever is asked of me.

Lauren: You are just melting away! Remind me again what plan you are doing?

My holiday shopping has slowed and I need to get back at it... How is everyone else doing with theirs?
Old 12-11-2008, 09:07 AM   #22  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, thanks for the encouragement. I'm sorry your cold is lingering. Hey, have you ever tried Zycam--the holistic zinc based item available in drugstores? It works like a charm for me and shortens all my colds. My dds haven't had the success with it that I have had, so it may be an individual thing, but I think it's worth a try. As far as weight, it's great that you have your food back on track. Think positive! I think a tape might be a good idea for you to start back in slowly. You want to protect your back. Good luck because I know you can do this! You are very successful.

Bandit, how's the weather and the girlfriend dinners? What is TOPS challenge for December? Keep on keepin' on. You're doing great!

Lauren, I am so happy you found something you can do to shake up your weight loss, get back on track, and have such wonderful success! Good for you for trying something new. Has it been about a year now that you're on Zone? Weigh to go! :

Ariana, Wow, you really are busy at work. Here's a : to sparkle your day. You can do this and you have been so successful. Keep on letting us know how you're doing!

I'm doing fine. Tried the Momentum program yesterday, made a veggie soup, ended up eating way too few points by eight o'clock at night--had a few things in the house and realized that I need to plan my meals better. Eating a zero points soup for lunch and dinner isn't smart! I'll do better today. Also, am heading out today to pick up my dear grandson at pre-K and think I'll bring dinner with me for my daughter. She can use the help. Working full time, threw out her back, and has a lingering sinusitis that is not fun!

Anyway--take care, think about drinking more water, get in some exercise, and track those points! (I'm mostly writing this to remind mysefl)
Judy
234.6/215.6/214 onward and downward to 20# down and heading to onederland!
Old 12-11-2008, 10:02 AM   #23  

Morning, turtles:

Princess - yes, we have been getting snow & right now everything is frozen but roads are clear, so am thankful for that. Yours tapes sound like a good idea to get things going and hope you are feeling better soon.

Judy - Great job on your weight loss! That is really good.
My gf is coming over Fri night this week & we are having seafood pasta for a change. Tops challenge right now is to get through holiday season with minimal damage at scales. I maintained this week so was happy with that since I had 2 Christmas get togethers this week & even though you try to be good you still end up having "little pieces of this & that" that soon add up to more than you bargained for. Next week is our final weigh in for the year, then we are off for 2 weeks then back at it in January.
That will be a big test for me not going to Tops for 2 weeks but will get meals pre-planned and try and stay focussed.

Hope everyone else is doing great. I made a veggie lasagna last night with eggplant & it turned out good, so have dinner all made for this evening.

Take care!
Old 12-12-2008, 08:02 AM   #24  

Morning all and happy Friday to everyone. Well I got bad news yesterday, my recruiter called me and told me that the company that I have been assigned to is eliminating my position at the end of this month, trimming budgets and all of that. This truly blind sided me and filled me with frustration as it was not the terms that I accepted this contract on. So I am heading back to the unemployment line as of January 1st. Very very very frustrated by the whole thing. DH and I are trimming things back again, looking at where we can save additional funds to stay afloat for a while. I am keeping the faith that things will get better soon.

Bandit: Maintaining is great!

Judy: I am eager to go to W/I on Saturday and hear about the new plan.

I have to run but have a happy day all!
Old 12-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #25  
Chick

Princess, I really don't know what to say. I'm sending a and : because things have to turn around soon. I'm sorry about your job and the hope I see is that you interviewed so well that you got a job immediately and I think that will happen again. Good luck!
Judy
Old 12-13-2008, 06:50 PM   #26  

Hi all, well I went to W/I this morning and was down 3.8 #'s, I was very pleased and I enjoyed the meeting since the leader went over the new plan. Not sure there is much new there other then sticking with real food and staying away from processed foods, junk foods, etc. Which seems logical and I am looking forward to getting into the material and seeing what I need to change, etc.

I am over the shock now for the most part, what will be is going to be rather I want it to or not so there is no sense getting myself sick over the whole mess. I am looking forward to a fresh start elsewhere

We had a major cookie bake-athon here today, my future DIL came down and we baked all day long. I did pretty good, tasted a few and moved on. I am tired tonight though, I have not been sleeping well again, stress I guess but I am heading to bed early tonight. I had purchased a taste of home cookie book a while back so we did some of the old favorites and picked out a few new ones to try and it was a fun but tiring day.

Judy: Thanks for the support, the whole thing is just getting old at this point but I am not the only one that is having an employment struggle that is for sure. I am blessed in so many other ways so I am trying to keep that in the forefront of my thoughts.

Have a great weekend!
Princess

Last edited by Princess1122; 12-14-2008 at 05:59 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:39 AM   #27  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Here's a and : for us all. Friendly support seems to mean even more at this time of year!

Princess, : and
Wow! What a wonderful loss. Aren't you glad you came back to WW? This is such good news. I am so happy for you. Also weigh to go baking cookies with your future dil and having a good but tiring time and not eating more than a BLT. Weigh to go! This is a fabulous loss and keeps you in the direction you want to be.

Everyone: Have a good Monday, be well and happy and keep tracking those points!

Judy
234.6/215.6/214 and soon into onederland
Old 12-16-2008, 07:23 AM   #28  

Morning all and happy Tuesday to everyone. It is super cold here this week... I am ready for summer... LOL! Not much is new here really, just chugging along. Trying to get into the holiday spirit but it is just not in me this year. How is everyone else doing?

Have a happy day all!
Princess
Old 12-16-2008, 11:52 AM   #29  

Hi turtles:

Princess - awesome job on your weight loss this week!

It is cold up here as well, suppose to be getting snow tonight.
I have my potluck lunch here at work tomorrow, then my Tops dinner tomorrow night - so a day full of food. So much extra food & treats around this time of year. But, just have to try and be selective.

I have everything decorated now which helps get in the Christmas spirit, but still have shopping/wrapping to do.

Going to do my final shopping this weekend & that will give me a few days of not running around crazy & start enjoying watching movies and visiting.

Have a great day, turtles!
Old 12-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #30  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Ariana and Lauren and Cherry, how are you? Busy busy time of the year!

Princess, so glad you've done well already on WW's. Weigh to go!

Bandit, lots of eating opportunities this week for you. I know you know what to do and you'll get through this! It should be fun and I bet you can still keep everything under control. You have done so well from early October and it does my heart good to see and watch your successful journey!

I weighed in this morning and lost .6# I'll take it. On my home scale I had lost a little better than that, but when I stay on track this week, I have a good chance to lose another pound before Christmas! I can do this. I had a couple of funks this week but recovered, cleared my head, and am back on track. I do need to work in exercise though because that helps me lose. Meeting was inspirational with one gal meeting her 10% difference. Our leader talked about all the good and delicious foods we might want to plan into our menus that are WW-friendly and still tasty. A way to fill up on veggies and a planned low cal dessert may be the way to go. I've gotta run, but am wishing everyone a good day.
Judy
234.6/215/214 (puts me at 20# down--I can do this!)