Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 10:28 AM   #16  
One Day At A Time

Christine - We have both agreed that we want windows all around. And some roof vents. We have found a cargo trailer place that will do all this and put in some insulation. They would even put in the living quarters but I didn't like their cramped design. One reason for doing this is that we will also be able to put our Geo Tracker in the trailer instead of the ATV's when we want. I have seen some beautiful trailers that I would really like, BUT dh doesn't like 'fancy'. Most everything is too fancy for him. I want a kitchen, fridg no ice chest, a stove top not a camp stove. I want a microwave which means a generator. a real sink not a wash basin. and a real shower. And a real bed not pads with a sleeping bag. Pretty demanding ain't I? We keep compromising with me giving in the most. I'm glad I started out saying I wanted a 40' really 'fancy' motorhome with every bell and whistle. Makes it look like I've had to give in a lot. He'd rather just camp out of the back of the pickup. Been there, done that, don't wanna, no more.

Long winded too this morning - I'm really bored. I have to modify a bunch of figures for a report that just came back from the editor. Like someone famous we know says --- BLEH
Old 04-23-2002, 11:47 AM   #17  

WOW, busy place today.

Joyce and Christine I wish I had some place to go during the weekends, beside working. It's always been a dream of mine to have some place by a lake and have a cabin. My Uncle had one in MN and it was so nice, go swimming or fishing from his dock. I hope both of you enjoy all your camping trips.

Only big camping I did was in 1974 for 6 weeks on a camping tour of Europe. Yes we went camping for 6 weeks and the 1st 17 days it rained. Oh, the stories I could tell ...

I have 32 oz of water, 14 oz of tea, how about everyone else?

I have LC for lunch 6pts, & water.
Breakfast was oatmeal -3pts, tea - 1 pt, snack cottage cheese w/fruit 3pts, give me 13 pts for the day, oh, orange - 1pt, 14pts.

ok, back to work...
Old 04-23-2002, 12:32 PM   #18  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Unhappy I need a vacation!

It seems like today is a day for problems...at the office. I'm taking a break...don't care what anyone's says...I am here...Quick! Hide me!

Judy, an online PFC photo album would be great to have--gotta give more thought to that...of course, I need more time to think and I'm shattered...just shattered that you have a hard time believing I can think pure thoughts! Radford College sounds wonderful--good school too--hope it works out for Sam...I really do!

Christine...whatcha step in? <innocent look> Nope...Wayne's give me a lot of incredulous looks! BTW, set another place at the dinner table--you're going to have company--I'm coming to dinner!

Pat, bless Jeremiah's heart! It most certainly sounds like a start in communication with your sister--hope it works out. 24 oz. of water down so far...got another 24 oz. bottle in the refrigerator here at work.

Joyce, fires? Does that make you nervous? We're in a state of "drought warning" but we've gotten so much rain lately--everything is thick and green. Nooooo--Amanda fell off a bar stool--she climbed up there behind her mommy's back, sat there, and then wanted down--she went down on the wrong side...fell into another barstool.

My day looks like this so far:

Breakfast

1 cup Honey Nut Shredded Wheat = 3/3
8 oz. 1% low fat milk = 2/5

At the office

banana = 2/7

Lunch

turkey sandwich w/lite mayo = 4/11
cherry tomatoes = 0/11
apple = 1/12

Don't know what I'm having for dinner...oh yeah...I remember...I'm going to Christine's house!

Later...
Old 04-23-2002, 01:49 PM   #19  

I walked! I just knew ya'll wanted to know that right?

Joyce - Good thinking...telling your dh that you wanted the cadillac of all motor homes. Now he'll be happy to give you anything you want as long as it's less money. Maybe I should try this out. LOL

Pat - 32 oz. of water down and 16 oz. of diet decaf. Another 16 oz. of water sitting here waiting for me to crack open.

Gail - Come on over for supper, there'll be plenty. Might made instant potatos though instead of noodles don't know yet.

My day looks like this:

B - 1 1/4 cup Rice Krispies - 3/3
small carton of skim milk 2/5

S - Low fat cereal bar 3/8

L - Turkey/2% cheese sandich on low fat high fiber bread 4/12
Grapes 1/13
Hot Cheese Popcorn 6/19

D - Beef ?
Either Noodles or Instant Mashed Potatos
Corn (for family, yuck)
Salad, light dressing

Keep on doing what you're doing ladies, we're going to get there!
Old 04-23-2002, 02:51 PM   #20  
One Day At A Time

Howdy -

I just got back from lunch with Jade and DS. We colored.... Now I just have to figure out how many points.

Christine - Yeah, you always have to start higher then when you 'compromise', you're about where YOU want to be. Is that mean?

Gail - Fires make me very nervous. dh and I had a fire in our house when our oldest was a baby. VERY scary. It was a chimney fire and smoldered for a few hours before we got home. Very smelly and messy. Thank God for home insurance.
Poor Amanda.. ouch!!

Work calleth. Double BLEH!!!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 03:38 PM   #21  
I will do it this time

HI!

I am just doing a quick check in. I may never catch up. I did notice Judy that you asked what a Pinkie was. You may not like the answer. It is a baby mouse that has not gotten it's fur yet. Chris raised them for a while but couldn't stand to give the lizard the ones that she raised. She would take them to the pet store when they had their fur and then would exchange for the pinkies. She doesn't raise them anymore. She really is a softy and I can't believe she was ever able to feed anything to the lizard that was alive except for the crickets.

I am on program. I banked 2 last night. Tonight we are going to our grandsons baseball game. I think we will stop and get Subway sandwiches.

have a great on program day!
Old 04-23-2002, 04:46 PM   #22  

Been a busy day. But I did walk with Christine at lunchtime, which was good, but it was cold out. Had a sweater on, but should of had my jacket too.. Don't have to work tonight. Going to have my nails done, broke one, plus it's time for a fill-in. Then when I get home, going to color my hair... too much gray showing, maybe it will make me feel better. Yes, I feel depressed today.. ask Christine, told her, I want to run away and hide from everyone...

Ok, I'm at 15 pts, have no idea what's for supper. Maybe I will see if I can pick-up a salad some place after I get my nails done.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening. See everyone later...
Old 04-24-2002, 12:00 AM   #23  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default It's just me...emmy

peeking in.....looking to see if anyone is around...oh well that's ok you all left me lots of reading material to catch up on....Sure looked things were hoppin here today! So let's see what I can remember and/or scroll back and check...LOL

So...Pat.... what color are your nails??PINK!!! Sounds like you have been really busy. What did you end up with for supper? I understand about the gray...mine is creeping in. I'm thinking about highlights again. A woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do!! I am sorry that your grandson fell and is scraped up. Stuff like that always happened to mine right before picture day....never failed!! Take care of yourself and I hope the blues fade away and you will feel "in the pink "

Sharon... Good for you banking those 2 points..and how was Subway??You were right ..LOL... I don't think I wanted to know what a pinkie is...I don't think we are that kind of "pinkie". Keep up the good job of being OP!!

Joyce Hi !! Is Jade your Grand daughter? Sounds like the two of you had a great time coloring. Good for you on raising your camper expectations super high....hehe that is a great plan. Camping is the greatest. We are going this weekend no matter what...I have had to miss the last 2 weeks ...so I am ready!

HippyChick Yes I know where the GE Plant is...small world isn't it?? I went to the Salem Fair last Fall and I think that was near one part of the plant. I only got slightly lost..DH wasn't with me. So...You work for Optical World...do you like it? This year I had to go to bifocals...I got the ones without lines...sure took some getting used to. I think an oline album would be great ... I am dying to see those little fat kissy cheeks you are talking about!! How did you do with supper??

Gail I am glad you got such a great rest last night..sounds like your body needed it!! I am new here so I am not going there about the pure thoughts etc...but something just doesn't sound right to me...LOL But ya know...my DH says the same thing about me...I can be talking to you one second and snoring the next...maybe I've got pure thoughts too...hehe. I think it has to do with exhaustion!! Oh Gail...I hope you can find those bars...tonight I got the mint Skinny cows ice cream sandwiches...WONDERFUL... I kept thinking about HC's creation and will have to try that!!

Christine I think it so great that you and Pat work together and WALK together...I need to add moe exercise into my plan. How did your supper turn out...did Gail enjoy it??? I am with you on the seasonal site..not so much packing and unpacking...makes it more like home I think...I am almost ashamed to tell this...but I live 20 min south of the capital of Va and I cannot get cable modem yet...probably not for another year or more so they tell me...but I have cable modem in my camper which is practically in the woods..go figure. But the good news is that I can keep in touch when wr are away. Sometimes I think it is such a waste of money to have it there but....I do like it.

Well girls my day was great and OP. I couldn't find anything low enough in points for Breakfast so I ate 1/4 slice homemade wheat bread..no butter. Lunch..grilled Chicken and Portabllo muchroom salad..FF dressing (5 pt) snack fruit, dinner griled chicken and rice pilaf (6pt) and a 1 point salad. I had room for a snack of a mint ice cream sandwich and later 2 pt worht of sugar free Angel food Cake. I ahd at least 100 oz of water....So I have to say I am feeling [ositive!!

I will try to stop in for a minute in the morning and if I don't go and post this NOW it will be morning...as in midnight...

Night
emmy
Old 04-24-2002, 12:10 AM   #24  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default I forgot Something..

Yes .. Pat I work in a nursing home and have for 23 years. I do the marketing and Community Outreach Programs. Today we had a Volunteer AppreciationTea and because of the will power I am finding inside of me and the support here I had a major succes. There was major cake eating going on...everywhere I looked people were eating HUGE slices of cake...not just at the tea but afterwards other employees were eating it...I said "no Thank you" and only ate some fruit It sure felt good...so tonight I treated myself to the goodies I mentioned above AND stayed On Program!!

Thanks!!
emmy
Closed Thread