Old 11-19-2008, 04:30 PM   #31  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys,
Bandit, good luck at your WI at Tops. You've done great so far! Doesn't it feel good?

I came back from my weekend, weighed in this morning and was down 3#. I can't ever in recent memory think of a time when I lost 3# in a week. Shows what eating less and working more can do. LOL. I am thrilled and now my challenge is to eat correctly and not too much. Gotta run because I've got a lot of catching up here to do what with Christmas and Thanksgiving coming up so fast. Take it easy, be well, and keep on drinking your water!
Judy
234.6/216.2/thinner into onederland
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:03 PM   #32  

Ladies: Good evening, everyone. It seems that we have entered "Work the Engineers to Death" season at my company. I have 5 projects that must get done by the end of the year, along with 2 more that ought to get done by the end of the year. I am trying to limit it to 10 hours of OT a week. What I desperately want is my long, planned Xmas vacation. I'm afraid they'll ask me to cut it to the company-offered 2 days, and nothing more, so that I can stay and work and finish everything. So I am going to see if I can get it all done before Xmas and sweet-talk them into letting me take the whole thing. They do this to us every year, I'm just unlucky enough to be on one of the mission critical year-end projects. Why can't they have project deadlines after the holidays? Sheesh.

Anyway. Because of the instant and mountainous pressure, working out is not going so well. I've revised my aim to 2x a week -- step class, my favorite. But I'm going to keep tracking. Even if I have to go over, I'll still track. I weighed-in today, and I'm down 1 point. I'm now 3 pounds below max, which means I'm doing ok. Tracked through yesterday and today, so I'm on track with that. Went to the gym to do step but I had to stop after 30 minutes, I got dizzy. I think I need to eat a little more shortly before I workout, maybe 1 more point of cheese or a piece of fruit.

Anyway, time to eat dinner. Going to try and go to sleep early so that I can go into work early and get stuff done before everyone starts swinging by with questions and other "must-do's".

Judy: Thanks for the congrats Sorry about your family stress last weekend.

Lauren: Thanks for the encouragement. I know I can pick myself up and get going again. I think the problem was that I was quite sick, and couldn't really think straight. I was barely functioning, much less counting points. I should have gone home and gone to bed. Anyway, you should try Curves again. That's how I did it -- after ten years of not working out with any regularity -- 10 YEARS, I started doing Curves 3x a week. After a year of that, I moved on to Bally's. Curves is an excellent place to get in the habit.

Bandit: good luck with your weigh-in. Cauliflower is gross. But mashed? With cheese. Perhaps. I'm eating my usual stuff, reheated pizza, grill cheese, PB & J. I have had very little time to cook lately, so I'm keeping everything very simple.

Judy: Big congrats on your weigh-in! That is awesome!
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:05 PM   #33  

Default Pumpkin Pie Recipe!

This is from a 10-year-plus lifetime member who goes to my meetings. We were totaling the points involved in thanksgiving dinner, and we found out that pumpkin pie is like 9 points. :: She mentioned this recipe and emailed it to me tonight. I thought I would share it with you.

Points 2
Servings 12

Ingredients:
1 large egg
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp gounds ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
15 oz canned pumpkin
3/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
1 average pie crust, 9 inch, unbaked (I use a store bought graham cracker crust

1. Preheat oven to 425. In a large bowl, lightly beat eff. Stir in sugar, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger and nutmet. Add pumpkin and evaporated milk. Stir until well combined. Pour into pie shell.

2. Back for 15 minutes. REduce heat to 350 and bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean--about 50 minutes. Cool 1 hour before serving.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:57 AM   #34  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Ariana, : for all your work and staying stress free. You're doing great and I'm so happy you're back and posting. Weigh to go on tracking your points. Like you, when I track (even if I eat more than I intended) I've been doing this program for so long that the extra points are fine--as long as I track them and don't let my negative thinking get in the way. "Oh, I've blown it, might as well eat as much as I want, etc. etc." You all know the dialog.
In any case, I'm doing fine. Really pushed myself yesterday and got grocery shopping and Christmas shopping and today I'm going to start to organize some gifts and wrap them. That'll give me some inner peace and get me in the holiday mood.
I'm sending : to all and letting you know I'm very thankful tohave found you here on www.3fatchicks!
Judy
234.6/216.2/thinner into onederland (next goal is 213)
Old 11-20-2008, 08:13 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Thursday! Well not much is new here, I really need to go and sign up at WW again, doing this alone it just not working... I am thinking of going on Saturday to sign up and see how it goes. If my job does not last here then I can always cancel again.

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well but also handling stressful situtations... tis the season I fear.

More later,
Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Judy - Congrats on your weight loss! That is fabulous - keep it going.
Sounds like you have everything under control and organized for the upcoming season. Good for you.

Ariana - Good job on tracking, really helps. Hope you get your "work stress" under control - sounds like you good use a nice winter break.
Try the cauliflower - it is good. Worse that can happen is you throw it out OR you could have another healthy meal option to choose from.
Live dangerously!

Princess - nice to see you chiming in and hope your work turns out better for you. And yes, if you are struggling you should get back to some structured programme. Did you ever check out TOPS in your area? So much cheaper than WW and no products being pushed on you.

For me, had my Tops meeting last night and was Biggest Loser for last week with my 3.25 loss & was down .75# this week. But didn't win the Halloween contest - they said a few of us were close, but got beat out. But was fun anyway. So am down a total of 15.75# since starting - can't complain about that.

Had to shovel this a.m. before work - got quite abit of snow. But drove in with another co-worker which is nice for me.

Anyway, have a great OP day and "eat healthy snacks"
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #37  

Morning all and happy Friday! It is cold here today, but the snow is all up north and for that I am very thankful, I am not ready to tackle that yet... LOL.

Bandit: There are TOPS in the area, none very close to home and none have Saturday meetings and with my new job going on a weekday would be hard. I am thinking about WW this Saturday, I have to do something...

Ariana: How are you doing? Sorry to hear about the pressure at work, I know how you feel though.

Judy: 3#'s is awesome! Good for you!

Lauren: congrats on Onederland!

Have a great day all!
Princess
Old 11-22-2008, 11:50 PM   #38  

Ladies: Good evening. I completely forgot to mention that when I weighed in Wednesday, I was down 1 pound from my last WI. That made me quite happy. I am now about 3 pounds below goal, which is great. My cutting back on workouts for work and other issues is making me feel really uncomfortably out of shape. I've lost a lot muscle tone. I'm thinking about accepting that I will have to work weekends until Xmas, and work out during the week. I think I need the working out to beat the stress. I could compromise on working out for an hour a day and then going home and working for another hour. <shrug> Or maybe I could just do the elliptical for 30 minutes. Better than nothing.

And even though I have to give up most of my weekends right now, I get so much more work done when I'm alone. So if I can work enough weekends to get this stuff done before Xmas, well. It will be worth it. I still have to fit Xmas shopping in there somewhere, and I have several blankets to finish before Xmas (they're gifts.) So there will have to breaks in there somewhere.

Judy: Thanks for the kudos. I'm happy to be back. I've been posting at night, and it helps keep me on track and actually gives me a chance to post. Before I'd been posting at work, and my lunch is always getting eaten up by work. I can't say I am stress free, but I am trying to keep it all under control. I agree. Tracking makes a big difference. It keeps away the denial about what we're eating. You are done with your Xmas shopping? Wow! I'm impressed. I'm behind this year. ::sigh:: But getting there. Re being grateful to have found us: we're grateful to have you, Judy!

Bandit: Thanks for the good wishes. The work stress is very rough. But if I can just get to my Xmas holiday... Congrats on your WL!

Princess: good to hear from you. I am under a tremendous amount of pressure at work. But I am counting points, and doing everything I can to survive deadline season at my company.

Have a good weekend, all.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:42 PM   #39  

Ladies i just wanted you to know i haven't just completly abandoned you. I just found out that i am 5 1/2 weeks pregnant and my focus kinda changed. I know though that despite cravings i really need to stay healthy for the baby. Being over weight and pregnant really can cause complications. Anyway I wanted to let you know why i have been MIA.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #40  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
WW is so good for me. My WW leader mentioned taking care of ourselves, getting ahead with the holidays a step at a time (she has her cards done and is waiting to mail them--egads!). Well, I took her advice, kinda pushed myself--okay really pushed myself--this week, shopped online for a lot of stuff, wrapped the presents I have in the house, and now I feel I can breathe again. I'm not finished, but I've got myself in a good spot. It's a good thing because today the kids need me to pick up my grandson from his pre-K class. I like to be helpful, but I've got to take care of myself and remember my dh in this mix! Of course, I'm retired so that puts my time parameters in a whole other category than most of you. I'm sending you all : to get through these holidays in comfort.

Ariana, you sure have a heavy work schedule right now! Congrats on your
:. For me tracking is the key and it seems like it is for you too. Is working on those blankets still as relaxing as you've found that in the past?
I remember how you like to quilt and it's so good for you.

Bandit, I love cauliflower and zipping it up with some lowfat cheese sounds good. I bet I wouldn't need protein if I made a cauliflower casserole dish. It's worth trying. Let me congratulate you on your wonderful :.
Joining TOPS has been so good for you. Wow, 15.75# down is fabulous!!
Weigh to go. and

Princess, I think WW's is a great idea for you now that you found a job so quickly. You've had great accomplishments in weight loss : and I know how important it is to you to keep on losing till you reach goal. You can do this. We're here to help and so is WW's.

Lauren, I'm so glad you're back and chiming in. Any good suggestions from your food plan? I know you mentioned the amounts of food are smaller. How do you keep hunger away and what specifically do you do? again on getting your weight under control, getting into onederland, and keepin' on keepin' on!!!

Cherry, what a lovely post. Good luck to you during your pregnancy. We're all pulling for you. Eating in a healthy manner is always important, and now I'm sending you : and a to make you smile.

Okay--I've gotta go and start my day. I hope to be able to chime in more often now that I've taken care of the most important holiday things. Good luck to us all. Drink that water!
Judy
Old 11-24-2008, 11:42 PM   #41  

:meep: ladies, I'm frantically trying to finish stuff up before going home for thanksgiving wednesday night, so that the machines can work while I'm gone. all I have time for now is to stick my head up and say hi! wish you well! happy thanksgiving! ::hugs::
Old 11-25-2008, 07:25 AM   #42  

Morning all and happy Tuesday. Just getting ready for Thanksgiving here, not a lot is new. I went to WW on Saturday morning and got restarted... the W/I was horrible, way way way up on the scale... but I am restarted and ready to get back on the wagon. I am doing pretty well with food so far this week. Have not gotten any exercise in and to be honest I really don't expect to with the holiday, company, errands, cooking, etc.

Judy: You are doing so well! Keep at it, I feel the same way about being prepared to lower stress in the up coming weeks so I will be doing things as they need doing and not putting them off, hopefully that will help.

Bandit: You are doing so good! I am thrilled for you!

Ariana: Have a great time with your family over the holiday!

Cherry: Congrats and don't stress!

I have to run... take care all!
Princess
Old 11-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Judy - you are really doing well, keep at it!

Princess - good job on getting back to WW and refocussing yourself. As in the past, you will do wonderful.

Cherry - Congrats on your big news! That is exciting - enjoy!

Ariana - busy, busy bee Hopefully, you can have a much deserved break soon.

I have done pretty good over the weekend & am hoping for a weight loss at Tops tomorrow.

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #44  

Thanks ladies for the congrats. If i could i would like to stick around here during my pregnancy.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:23 AM   #45  

Good morning everyone and a very happy Wednesday to you all. I just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving!

Princess