Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 12:46 PM   #16  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default Lunch time check-in

Any friend of your's Judy is a friend of our's! We'll be waiting for her to give her a big welcome!

Christine, at the time you were posting I was eating celery, carrots, and cherry tomatoes and I was hungry. Drink some water. Take a walk to the ladies room. Stop to chat with a friend or two on the way back to your desk--it will be lunch before you know it! Oh...<looking at the time on my monitor>...it is lunch time! Have a great walk!

Sharon, I know you're covered in paper at your desk....I'm sure we all understand that you will post when you can. I'm glad that you do check in with us--letting us know you're okay! We'll be here waiting for you...I'll save you a seat at the bar!

Gail
Old 04-18-2002, 01:44 PM   #17  

Back <gasp> from <gasp> Walking! Actually I'm done gasping now. LOL I only gasp when I'm out there in that heat. Gosh. After I cool down some and get some water into me then I feel good that I've done it!

Judy - As Gail said.."Any friend of your..well you know the rest".

Gail - I got through with that yogurt I had. Lunch is over now. For supper, I'm making a chicken recipe that Pat gave me yesterday from her meeting. Not sure what else.

Sharon - I'm sticking a big sign on this chair the Gail has saved for you!

Well it's back to work now. I'm stayin' OP.
Old 04-18-2002, 02:00 PM   #18  
I will do it this time

There is a bar??????????????? Where????? Lead me to it!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2002, 02:10 PM   #19  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default Did you hear that noise?

Did y'all hear a loud wail? A cry of outrage? How about a pitiful whimper? Well...that was me. Just got off the phone with my oldest daughter. The conversation began very nice--she said she had a present for me. Me? A present? Just for me? Then...she told me where she bought it...at a Paul McCartney concert that she and her bf went to on Tuesday night. SHE GOT TO SEE PAUL MCCARTNEY! Now...tell me...she is 28; I'm 51. Do the math...y'all know for a fact that when the Beatles were at the height of their popularity I was a mere teenager...who swore one day...ONE DAY...she would marry Paul. Yes...I did...never mind he married Linda...he just had not met ME! WHY? WHY DID SHE GET TO GO SEE PAUL MCCARTNEY IN CONCERT AND I DID NOT?! NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR! Of course, she apologized for not taking me as the tickets were given to them at the last minute and the concert was sold out and she even admitted to saying to her bf.."oh gee...Mom would love to be here..." Well...no kidding! And...all I got was a tee shirt...

<muttering> ...even Wayne said the only man he ever worried about taking me away from him was Paul...

<where's that bartender when you need one?>
Old 04-18-2002, 02:44 PM   #20  

Sharon - Take me hand, hop up here. What would you like? I'll have it in the snap of my fingers.

Gail - I'm rolling here laughing. Did she tell you what was on that T-Shirt? I'm thinking it probably says...."My daughter went to a Paul McCartney concert and all I got was this stinkin' T-shirt" ROFLOL

It's raining out, now I know why it was so stinkin' hot at lunch time.
Old 04-18-2002, 02:46 PM   #21  
I will do it this time

Gail, what a cruel thing to do to you!

Christine, a margarita would do it. Thank you!
Old 04-18-2002, 03:17 PM   #22  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

<spluttering>

Well what about me?! I NEED A DRINK TOO! I'm a hurt woman! I'm becoming very bitter about this whole fiasco! I'm sure "he" wondered why I wasn't there...never mind he's engaged to another woman and I'm married...but...but...<nudging Christine> where is MY drink?!

<snapping fingers in the air> ooooh bartender! Would you pour me something special?!

Okay...okay...I'll snap out of this I'm sure...<shaking my head>...where are one's friends when they need them?

Oh yeah...Sharon, you understand...what a good friend you are...now that Christine...laughing at me...<shaking my head>...
Old 04-18-2002, 03:19 PM   #23  
One Day At A Time

I'm dancing for joy

lost 3.0
total 55.0
also is the 2nd 10%

Thank you Gail and Sharon for your help last weekend. You helped me stay focussed and look where it got me.

I had a longer post written with lots of and but I put too many and lost the whole post.

and now I have to work - yuck
Old 04-18-2002, 03:21 PM   #24  
I will do it this time

GO JOYCE!!! You did great.
Old 04-18-2002, 03:22 PM   #25  
One Day At A Time

Aw - the heck with it - I don't wanna work - sounds like you guys are having a party - a pity party cuz Gail only got a t-shirt. Wasn't even autographed?

Pass me a margarita. But no calories please.
Old 04-18-2002, 03:24 PM   #26  
One Day At A Time

Thank you Sharon

I just did some more calculating. 1.5# will put me into virgin territory. Scary thought since we may go on a trip this weekend. It will give me more incentive to stay op if we do go.
Old 04-18-2002, 03:29 PM   #27  

Ok, you ask for it but let me tell you I'm drink illiterate here. Ok let's see, salt on the rims or not ladies?

Don't I shake this margarita before I pour it?

Think I should taste this?...........................Naaa! ROFL

Here you go Sharon, Joyce and Gail, drink up! LOL

Sharon - What's up, tell those bosses that you need "me" time. You need to converse with your friends.

Gail - now now I really wasn't laughing at you I was laughing for you because well right now you can't see the humour in it. Does the T-shirt at least have Paul's picture on it?

Joyce - you hit the double nickels with your weight loss! Way to Go! I'm so excited for you, you've been doing great.

Soon time to go home, can't wait. I've got plenty of things to do when I get there. I'm at 18 points and holding.
Old 04-18-2002, 03:33 PM   #28  

Hey Joyce <whispering as I look around> I don't know how wild we can get in here yet but here's some advice. Tell your husband about the 1.5 pounds till "virgin" territory. <looking around> I'm thinking that he'll have you earning extra activity points!

Ok, I'm out the door...don't push...I'll be good....let me back in!
Old 04-18-2002, 03:42 PM   #29  
One Day At A Time

Old 04-18-2002, 03:44 PM   #30  

OMG, I'm missing all the fun! Hey, where is my drink? Christine had to explain to me the virgin # thing.... sorry, I'm behind the door today.

Joyce Way to go girl...High five..Here is a toast to Joyce with our pink drinks

Gail Kids, what do they know. {{hug}} Take another no cal drink, and pass the pitcher to me too.

Boy, you never know what you're going to learn on this thread.
Closed Thread