Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2002, 09:20 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs down Hump Day Thread!

Just starting the thread. Will post in a minute.
Old 04-10-2002, 09:35 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Default Good Morning!

Hello everyone! When starting the thread, I knew that if I put the word HUMP in the title, everyone would post. I just have a good feeling about today.

OK, maybe I'm just in a good mood because I wasn't up enough to concern myself over at WI last night. Yippee! I was up a teensy little bit (.2), but like I said, not enough to concern myself over. AND, I found my motivation again!!! OK, there are not many people in this world that I dislike--I'm just not that sort of person--but at this site-wide meeting I was forced into going to yesterday, I saw a girl that I absolutely cannot stand and it just made me want to lose weight even more. I don't know why, but hey, as long as I'm motivated, who cares why? And, I'm in a good mood b/c BF stayed the night last night and I got to wake up next to him, which always makes me happy, even if he does hog the covers and the bed and he snores.

Umm, I was going to respond to other posts from yesterday and Monday, but don't remember what I was going to say. Will review posts and respond later.

But first, I better get a little work done here.
Old 04-10-2002, 10:29 AM   #3  
Bono Fanatic!

Talking Hump Day!

Jess - You knew the word Hump would get me posting!!! Congrats on getting your motivation back! What a great feeling that is!

I went out to dinner with last night with a friend I haven't talked to in a few months and ended up drinking beer, even though my plan was to not drink until Saturday night. But the thing is, he has been a bit more than a "friend"in the past and we have had our ups and downs, and I was quite nervous to see him. I needed a beer to stop my legs from shaking! Things went fine, whatever that means, but I feel a bit sad about it today. Since the day I met him I always thought he was "the one" but we can never seem to get it quite right (which obviously means he's not the one). So, although it was great to see him, I feel kinda bad today.

Such is my life, I guess!

Talk to you all later!
Old 04-10-2002, 11:03 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

hello everyone!
gotta be quick cos things are busy today. hi jess and jenk and everyone else about to post.
hope you're all having a good day? i made it to yoga and body conditioning today. go me! apart from booze i've been pretty good about my spring fling challenge. but what will the scales say on may 1st? how has everyone else been doing?
i decided what to buy my niece for her christening pressie. i got the complete series of the mr men books. i love them. my plan is to read them to her until she can read them herself! and next time i need to get her a pressie i can get the little miss series!
jenk - hope you're ok about your friend. is he single? maybe you both need to come clean about your feelings and give it a proper try?
jess - hooray about your motivation!!
tonya - that's so cool that you were getting chatted up at the weekend! glad to hear someone else can barely remember their nights out!!
kim - are you feeling any better yet? you poor thing. can't believe stacey is sick as well!! maybe you're allergic to chocolate after all that time off??
rina - hope your brother is ok. i'm not quite sure what breast buds are but i can guess...
a big hug to anyone i missed.
back later,
kirsty
ps i'm falling asleep over my work so my coworkers and i are going for a "meeting" over the road at a cafe where we can chat about nothing and i can have a yummy apple, carrot and ginger smoothie.

Last edited by Kirsty; 04-10-2002 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-10-2002, 12:37 PM   #5  
Scotland's finest export

Default i'm back again

i'm back from the cafe and very disappointed to see no new posts!

go on and post. ah go on now. go on. go on. go on. etc.
Old 04-10-2002, 02:05 PM   #6  
One Sick Puppy

Default Where the heck is everyone?

Maybe I shouldn't have put HUMP in the thread title. Maybe it offended people and they're boycotting Hump Day by not posting! It's all my fault...

Just out of curiousity, does anyone have the nutritional value for the new Burger King chicken whopper? We were just sitting here discussing it and nobody seems to be able to find the info. I wouldn't think that one without mayo would be all that high in points, but I dunno.

JenK--Is it possible that he is still "the one" but that you're just having to work a little harder for him? Someone once said that the harder you work for something, the more special it is--perhaps that's the case with this guy. We're all still young and you have plenty of time for the time to be right for you AND for him.

Kirsty--I'm glad you decided on a gift for your niece. I'm really at a loss when it comes to anything concerning children.

JenL--the picture of Emma and your hubbie you posted was the absolute cutest thing! She is SO adorable! I've seen some cute kids in my time (all 23 years of it) and she's pretty up there with the rest of the cutest ones ever.

OK, now I better get a little more work done. Will check back again later to see who's creeping out of the cracks to post. Yes, lurkers, I mean you!!

OH!! Before I forget, I'm moving to a new apartment! It's just upstairs from the one I'm in right now so not a huge change, but it'll be nice to get off the ground level (it's a really old building and it's not very "tight" so I get some creepy bugs that come in from the lawn), and it'll be nice to have a bigger apartment (mine's only a one-bedroom), so I'm thrilled. PLUS, the girl who lives there now is a pretty good friend of mine so I'll be able to go in and maybe store some boxes there because she'll be taking her stuff to her new house all month. It'll all work out beautifully and I am so happy!

OK, back to work.
Old 04-10-2002, 02:20 PM   #7  
Canadian Chick

Default Come out Come out wherever you are!

Hi girls,

Guess what somehow today I got some motivation back I am feeling ready to stay on track again. There have been too many bumps in the road lately. DF & I were talking about goals & dreams etc this morning & why we want what we want & it really got me motivated to stick to it! Hopefully I can make it last. Its so frustrating when you get in a rut. The weather is miserable here today-snowing again! It hardly snowed all winter & now that its supposed to be spring its snowing every three days or so. The worst part is that on the nonsnow days it melts & everything is nice & mucky! Oh for flowers & green grass....

Jess, glad to hear you weren't up too much! Have fun moving We are hoping to move at the end of the month too. I'm finding it stressful already. I can't wait to have the whole thing over with.

Jen, hope you're feeling a little more chipper. "The One" will probably turn out to be someone you least suspect. That's what happened to me!

Kirsty, great job working out today! You rock! Your smoothie sounds delicious!

Hope all of you who were felling under the weather are back on track. I wish I was one of those people who didn't feel like eating when sick. That just doesn't happen to me.

Hope everyone else climbs back out of lurkdom & comes & shares with us. We miss all you oldies & love to meet newbies. Come on in!

-Rina
Old 04-10-2002, 02:37 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls
Now jess you knew i couldnt resist humpday!
i've been a good studyer and yet not a good WW er tho today i have been good so far *knock on wood*
I think going back on BC made me go crazy with cravings
but today i just had cereal a turkey sammich easy on the mayo with lettuce and tomato and steamed veggies when i go home
thus far no junk has passed my lips all day and its 7:25 pm just have to get more water in
JEn Emma and hubby are LOvely you have the cutest family and I agree with you on the not moving thing tho it would be cool to see if you could crack the old boys network
I propose we institute a FANTASTIC WOMEN's Network
to combat the old boys we'll put em in their old strollers and roll them off an old cliff!
ooh yah i'm fiesty today
Rina come here theres no muck just a brisk breeze and sunshine till around 8:30
JenK if the guy has any sense or indeed testicular fortitude (hey its hump day) he'll figure out that what he wants is you if he doesnt then he's a DAMM FOOL
LOL
3/4 of a big coffee and i should be considered Armed and dangerous
My friend whos more like a platonic bf which is sooo wierd
ever have tons of intimacy with someone all kindsof comfyness
and thoughts naughty enuf for the spice channel
wants me to meet his mom this week while she's in town sometimes it feels like we are dating and this is one of those times
MIND YOU
i didnt here from him at all well not on par with how i usually here from him
b/c his exgf came up to see his mom
which he didnt even tell me
but i dont even know that technically
arg
anyway back to notes and COME OUT AND POST!
Old 04-10-2002, 02:45 PM   #9  

Angry

Happy Hump Day!

Rina ~ It is good to hear you have your motivation back, hang in there, I think we all lose it for a while, but we get it back eventually!!!

Jess ~ I don't know about the chicken whopper, we don't have a Burger King in our town (thank goodness, I would be 20 pounds heavier if we did!!) Did you check the Burger King website? Your new place sounds awesome, good luck with your move!! (Oh and dont worry about the gain, it is so minimal!!)

Kirsty ~ Your present sounds nice, books are always a nice gift. I am also glad to hear from a girl after my own drinkin' heart!! I such a drinker in college (I can't believe I graduated!), but since I have had children, I don't go out much, but when I do (and my girlfriends are in town) look out!! We drink and flirt! Thank goodness my DH isn't the jealous kind.

Jenn ~ I understand about the guy friend deal. Hang in there, something will work out. If not, I have a gorgeous ex boyfriend looking for Ms. Right, he is a chemical engineer, tall, dark and handsome and is currently living in New York.

A big "Hi" to all the lurkers out there! Come out and play!!

Well, I am sooo OP it isn't even funny, in fact yesterday, I walked 3 miles and actually came in under points (by accident), I definately have my motivation back, I think it is because summer is fast approaching, and I hate looking chubby in shorts! I have been quite down lately though. My DH is still working 6 days a week, 12 hours shifts, which are opposite shifts that me, so I really haven't seen him in a month, I still have 2 more months before his shift swings. I hate it, my poor kids probably think their Dad deserted them!! Oh well, I love my DH, but he is a workaholic, loves his kids (thank goodness) but his wife is who doesn't get much time. Sorry to sound so distressed, I wish my Dh would have been in the compassionate, romantic, express my feelings line when that stuff was handed out. At times it really bothers me!! ARRR!!!!

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant. I think that is why I ended up drinking way too much last weekend. Stress relief, and just plain having a great time with my BF, and loved getting all the attention from so many cute guys...guess a woman needs that reassurance that she still has it after all these years!

Well, better get back to work, TTYL!!!!
Old 04-10-2002, 10:47 PM   #10  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Hi everyone!!

I miss not being able to post during the day!!!
I didn't go to WI last night, but I did make chocolate bran muffins. Umm, just a little too much bran. I may try to tweak the recipe some, I'll let you know how it turns out!
Well, it's late and DH is coming home soon, so I'd better get ready for my part of "hump" day.
Hey, does anyone talk to Brenda? Just wondering how things were going.
We haven't heard from Belle in awhile, either!!
Have a great evening!
Old 06-09-2002, 01:26 AM   #11  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Just popping in...

Nutritional information from the BK website says:

Chicken Whopper with Mayo = 580 calories, 26 fat and 3 fiber
Chicken Whopper with No Mayo = 420 cal, 9 fat and 3 fiber

Chicken Whpr Jr with Mayo = 350 calories, 14 fat and 2 fiber
Chicken Whpr with No Mayo = 270 calories, 6 fat and 2 fiber

I don't have the WW conversions, cause I don't have my points finder handy, but hope this helps!

Tiffany
Closed Thread