FAB & FIT 40's and 50's ! #6

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • HI! I haven't been getting any notices so I was afraid I was being left out of the loop. There is no loop. Where is everybody. This isn't just weightloss we are friends here. I miss you.

Brittany quit Khols and is now working part time while going to school in a daycare taking care of the after school kids. Hours are better and no weekends. I applied there. I would be teaching 3 year yr. olds. I am not sure I want a full time job right now.
    Brandon and Bradley's first game is next week. Here we go. LOL Another crazy year.
    We are still going to Scotland. With NASA you are never 100% sure if they will pull it or not. Nervous and excited. Taking plenty of aspirins.

I lost .6 I have been sick. I am a little better now.
    What's going on????? I want to hear. I am nosey.

Love all you guys!,
    Terri
  • Hi,
    Terri,
    I'm guilty of staying away when I'm not OP
    When are you going to Scotland? That will be an awesome trip! Hope you're feeling better.
    Jess used to work day care also; she loved it. I don't blame you for not wanting full time yet. You've still got kids at home. Plenty of time for that later.
    While I love my job, it's still a hassle in terms of never having enough time at home.

HI to everyone.........where are you????
    ~Jen
  • HI Jen,
    We are going Sept. 25. Kind of scary. It is so great to hear from you.
    I hope everyone is ok.

I am so into Big Brother this year. This is the best season since 2001. I have the live feed. Can we say addicted. Can't go back to work til it is over! LOL
    The boy's first game is this weekend. Reg. season of football is starting.
    Geared up for the Bears?
    Have a good one.
    Terri
  • Terri,
    Well, the Bears are 1 and 3 in preseason...lol We're hoping they've gotten it out of their system and are on their way to a successful year, with lots of wins.
    Your trip is in less than a month! What is the weather going to be while you're there? I am jealous, you'll have to share some photos.
    What positions do your boys play?

We're having Brandon and Matthew overnight tonight and tomorrow evening. Jess and Mike will both be working so we'll get our visit in, then bring them home and they can all enjoy Sunday and Monday together. Works for all of us! :lol

A 3 day weekend...whoo hoo! They're predicting temps in the upper 80's; we're planning on being in the pool as much as possible, as it will be our last of the season

HI to everyone Es , Dianne, Ruth, Zoe, where's Sandy?

~Jen
  • Can I Join?
    Since I'm 1 year from 5-0, and am told I look only 40, this seems the group for me! I hope you'll let me chime in.

I'm a Lifetime Member inadvertently fallen off the wagon, as, according to my charming doctor, I have "the metabolism of a slug." Thank you, doctor.

I can blame perimenopause, a sedentary job, exhaustion daily after sedentary job which is not sedentary for my brain, parenting, husbands, some minor meds, all for my weight re-gain (and then some). I have tried a few other plans and have been back on WW Online for just under a week trying to use principles of some other plans within the points confines. Hopefully this combination will work.

Having teenagers and a husband to cook for (DH simply refuses to pitch in here) obviously makes it a challenge when I would be totally happy with a Smart Ones for dinner. And - I need to work exercise back into my regime. Looking at the carrot makes me tired. But I am giving myself a week to get into the WW tracking program again, and this weekend will add in the exercise, which will most likely be walking and then some weight work at home. Had toyed with going to the gym, specifically for classes, but I am sooooooooooo completely wiped out after work that I cannot imagine dragging myself there, not to mention anything I need to do for the kids after work.

Am trying to come up with a program that will actually factor in success - even if I am a slug.

Was on this board many many moons ago - I think when I became a Lifetime member. It was a good thing. I hope you'll welcome me!

viv
  • Jen,
    The Steelers are 3 and 1. Texans next week. Football can be so stressful.
    Brandon and Bradley play in the marching band. Brandon plays trombone and Bradley plays trumpet. Their first game was Friday. The show was great.
    I hope your weekend is going great. We are having a pretty nice one.
    We might get parts of Gustav. We are getting new roof and it is scheduled to go on Tuesday. We can't take a lot more rain with this roof.
    ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

VIV,
    I will be 50 on March 27 next year. Some people mistake my daughter and I as sisters. Love it everytime. I know it won't last forever.
    JUst buckle down and do this. We will be successful.
    Good to meet you.
    Terri
  • Hi Ladies,

Well, no one was posting and I was beginning to backslide....so I've just stop checking the site....but I'm getting desparate...I've lost my motivation and have to find it before I gain all my weight back!! I've gained about 4 pounds back...and I'm totally bummed about it!!!! Sooo...

I'm on my way to bed.... hope everyone is having a good week...things have calmed down here...raining, but not storming!! Anyway... talk to you guys later.
  • I don't know why it is so slow. I do my sparkpeople everyday and that keeps me motivated. I am kind of on a plateau. I hate that.
    Keep coming on and maybe join www.sparkpeople.com. My spark page is terrmor. That keeps you motivated cause you can belong to a bunch of teams. There is always people there.
    I love the peope here and I want everyone to come back.

Terri
  • Has it ever been this quiet before? Now with summer almost over, I hope the girls come back on a more regular basis. We've been at this for so long we can't throw in the towel now!!!

I started counting points again yesterday, walked a mile on the treadmill and played some of the balance games on the Wii Fit..they aren't very physical, but all that weight shifting can be felt in the legs!!!

Hopefully I'll be posting losses again soon.

I'll check back in later today.
  • Well, I'm opt again...but I'm also back to talking to myself!!! LOL
  • Hi Ruth,
    I'm here. Just was busy with the boys and band. It is supposed to rain. Hope not. We have our first home game. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    I have been meaning to ask you, did you have to evacuate with Gustav? I hope everything is ok down there.
    I was watching BB 10 and Renny is from NO and she will be po'd when she finds out but I bet her family said don't tell her.
    Terri
  • Terri,

I live in northwest Louisiana...Shreveport. We only received ran for a few days...So glad it wasn't as bad a Katrina!! I kept reading jokersupdates to see if Renny was ever told...I figured her family probably told them not to bother her.

My weekend should be fairly busy...I've got a house to clean...and now that school has started back I have plenty of reading to do. I may have mentioned it before but now I'm back in school so I can get a bachelors degree in Management with the concentration in Human Resource. Tonight I have my 5 year old grandson Elijah with me, but starting tomorrow I have plenty to occupy me!!
  • Hey everyone

I too am guilty of staying away. My weight is still down but I've been up and down a pound or see for more than a month!! I am down 20 or so now but should really be so much more ahead. Jenna is only 13 bls from her goal, has lost 34 lbs!!!

We are waiting for Rylea to show up. We are taking her to a baby shower that is for couples and kids. Should be fun. We had her pictures taken 2 weeks ago at Sears. I am going to "attempt" to post one at the end of this message. :roll eyes: We'll see how computer savvy I am....

Anyway, I promise to be a stranger. Next Saturday I will miss WW because I am leaving Wed. for Phoenix to a scrapbook convention with 4 others. It's exciting because we know each other for years....phone and Yahoo group...but have never met. Hoping they aren't serial killers, I'm sure we will have a blast. Not too sure what the eating will be like though....

Have a great weekend....

• Zoe,
    Hoping they aren't serial killers. Have fun. Love your picture.
    Still down 20 pounds. YAY! Yay to Jenna too.

Ruth,
    Love Renny. I want Dan To win. I want Jerry Gone. My summary of BB10.
    Cograts on getting your bachelors. Never too late girl!!!
    I am so glad you didn't get any of the hurricane.
    Terri
  • ZOE!! No serial killers in scrapbooking!!! My daughter Jessica has participated in many online message boards and such.....and is alive talk about it after meeting other members at events I hope you have a wonderful time.
    It's great to see your pic

Terri, HI :wave!

Hello to everyone. We're going to an event tomorrow which features my SIL's dog in a training exhibition for Rainbow Asisted Therapy....little Violet has been very busy visiting patients in hospitals, etc., ....and just letting those patients hold her leash and pet her. They are thrilled by their experience and my SIL, Caroline, is equally gratified by the reactions her "baby" gets.
    I'm very excited by having the chance to see all of the people who participte in these evetns.