Old 06-07-2008, 09:57 PM   #1  

Default 60's and Beyond #113

G'day all,

I thought it might be best to start all over again!
You have probably read that the 3fc board had a huge crash and many of the posts have gone into cyberspace.

I am looking after the grandgirls today and it is not conducive to posting

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Cheers
Maria
flaggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:36 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

I noticed awhile back that you mentioned changing the name of this club to 60's and 70's. How about "60's and Beyond" so there is no cut off age?

Let me know what you think.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:38 PM   #3  
Member Florida Chick

Thanks Maria for keeping track of us. I hadn't realized that there was a big crash of 3FC. Guess I have been out of circulation some, and not for any good reason. Just busy. I did come and read a few posts, but in looking for Slavika's again, couldn't find it, so decided that must have been one of the ones lost.

Jane: Welcome. I don't know if there will be a name change, but I know I belong to the 'beyond' category. So it doesn't matter to me one way of the other. If you are in the 'beyond' department, just join in anyway.

The most I have been doing is going to the pool every day and riding my bike most nights. I was in the pool today, but took the evening off from bike riding. Thought I deserved it, since I rode 6 miles last night.

I don't seem to be losing much. It is up one and then down one so it is like being on a plateau. exercise hasn't seem to make much difference. I keep within my poins and only once this week did I go over into the Flex point extras, that was only 6 of the 35. I just keep thinking- what would I be if I didn't watch my points and what I eat. Probably as big as a barn. so I'll just keep on. Any pointers?

We had a treat, for us, as I went to our local farmers market this week and they had yellow beans for a change. It is rare here, as it is mostly green beans, so we enjoyed them a lot.

Maria: did you survive that grandgirls all right. I'm sure that a full day leaves you a bit on the tired side. I know it would me. Not much more time before Alan gets home. And then how long before your trek. How long will you gone?

Slavika: It was good to hear from you and all about your sweetie Patches. I'm sure she is really good company. You sound like you are in the same sort of slump weight wise that I have been experiencing. And for me, summer is suppossed to be the best, since I do exercise more.

Hi to all you gals.

Suz- How is the garden?

and BB what is new with you?

take care. Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:39 PM   #4  

That sounds like a great idea Jane.

I am sure everyone would agree with that one.
I think no-one could think of a suitable new heading but most of us are '60 and beyond'

I seem to be the honoury new thread starter so depending on the response, I think I will start the thread as '60 and beyond'.

Thanks again for your input.

Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 06-08-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:31 AM   #5  
Net browser

Hi All: JANE, I think that would be a great name for our little group here.
In looking over my emails it seems that all the gals agree. MARIA you can do the honours in-between all the work you have to to do on your computer. They say if you want a job done give it to a busy person.
We have had a lot rain and it's raining again today but yesterday the sun was shining and it was very nice. I went to Costco with Norma and her DH and Norma always looks so nice. She had on a light weight back linen blouse that she wore as a jacket and looked just super.
The nice thing about all this rain is that my lawn has never looked better. The bad the thing is my dog when she decides to come back in is dripping wet. I am not used to seeing her fur curl as the groomer brushes her out. It looks like I have a new Patches. Did I mention to you all that she likes to watch TV, particularly if there are dogs, cat, bufflalo, or horses in it. She also enjoys the odd cartoon. Funny little thing. Sorry that we had that crash on the board. My grandson took gold in archery this past week and will be in the summer games this year that will be held not too far from us. (he is 14 yrs old and now 6 feet tall) Dance is over for the Princess for awhile and she is busy studing for exams. Both my grandchildren are honour students even with all their activies. Can you tell I am so very proud of them. Bye all for now.

Last edited by slavika; 06-09-2008 at 11:34 AM.
slavika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Since this thread is so new, I'll go ahead and change it for you. I'm 54, so wasn't interested in changing it for myself, but as one of the moderators here, I try hard to make things better and easier for the WW members. If there is anything else I can do for you gals, (such as a bio sticky, etc.) please just let me know.

Edited to add: not sure if you wanted the words "sexy" or "feisty" left in... let me know.

Last edited by Jane; 06-09-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #7  

G'day all,

Thank you Jane, looks good!

I don't know about the others but 'feisty and sexy' doesn't need to be spelled out, surely that goes without saying

Slavika you should be proud of your grand children, they certainly are high achievers in their chosen sport/hobby.
Costco is coming to Australia but only to the Eastern states, lil' ol' Adelaide will miss out

I just had an email from the friends we are going out bush with to tell us that the dirt roads going north have been closed
Still another 4 weeks, hopefully the roads will be passable, it will make for an interesting trip. I know we have to make a number of river crossings and not sure how deep those rivers will be when we get there and of course we have to be on the look out for crocs!

I did my Wii Fit this morning and have lost another pound. Very slow going but the graph is going downwards, which is always a good thing.

Cheers
Marias

Last edited by flaggies; 06-09-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:37 AM   #8  
GmaTo8

Yes, the "sexy and feisty" part DOES go without saying! Please just let me know if/when you need anything else I can help with, ok? If so, PM me, and I'll do my best to help.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Ladies,

I'm new to this group and I am excited find the 60's & Beyond group since I definitely qualify for the beyond. I enjoy some of the other threads, but I am usually the oldest on them. I didn't even realize until recently that WW had this thread. So I would love to join this group and look forward to getting to know you.

I do the WW Flex Program at home and my exercise is sorta limited because of a knee I hurt last year, however, I do what I can and hope that when I get some of this weight off that it will ease up and feel a lot better. I just got back OP Sunday after DH came home from having Radical Prostectomy and he is recovering nicely. Seems like now that this is over, my attitude is better about my weight loss plan. I just wasn't able to concentrate on it until the surgery was over.

Maria - I find it interesting you live in Australia. I have always wanted to vacation there, but I wouldn't be too excited about the crocs. We lived in Florida when DH and I first married and always heard of people finding alligators in their yards, garages or even in their houses. Thank God the only ones I saw were in the zoos. DH tells of one crossing his path once and it was so big he said if he had hit it, it would have demolished his car.

slavika - Your 14 yr old sounds like ours. If he keeps growing he is going to be much more than 6'. All our DGC are honor students as well. Three of them are into sports, etc. 2 of them, DGD. are into everything... sports and dancing. The only thing is all of them live in other states and we don't get to see them near enough. Sure miss them.

Again, I look forward to getting to know everybody.

Trish
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:16 PM   #10  
Net browser

HI MARIA and GLORIA, I see I am getting emails bounced back to me again that I send to you two. I will try once again to correct it at my end. Sally

P.S. Welcome Trish happy to see you on our board. The gals are great and I'm sure you will fit right in. Sally

Last edited by slavika; 06-10-2008 at 02:19 PM.
slavika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:58 PM   #11  
Fun Blonde

Ann, I have decided this week that it takes very, very little for me to survive and the only way for me to lose is to eat very lightly at night. I have heard that expression "Eat like a king at breakfast, lunch like a prince and supper like a pauper." That is exactly the opposite of what I do and I am going to try that. It doesn't matter how much I exercise anymore. I just need to eat a lot less. At least I am going to try this. Another thing I am going to quit is having those 100 calorie treats. I think I lose track of how many I do have.

Slavika, I know you are so proud of your darlings and with such good cause. They are great kids, but the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, or whatever that expression is. They come from a good family. Speaking of dogs, Leon was taking Ginger with him the other day and he was holding her and actually reached down, picked up her paw and had her wave to me as they left saying, "Bye, Mama. See you soon." What is it about these little characters that make us go over the edge, happily?

Trish, are you from South Carolina? It has to be so difficult to live far from your grandchildren but with the internet and cell phones it is easy to keep in touch. I have a great-grandson named Colton. Don't get to see him much, but his mama sent me the sweetest picture of him over the phone. I love technology!

We get rain about every other day and have going into the second year. So strange! And farmers do not need it or want it like this. Makes me fearful for our food supply. I have got to quit reading the paper, so many problems and worries around the globe.

On that happy note, I will tell you good-bye. Hope your Tuesday is a fun and joyful day!
Glenda
survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:35 PM   #12  

G'day all,

Good to see our new title has worked and we have Trish joining our group.
Welcome Trish, we do talk about many other things then weight loss, not that we have given up but there are many other good things in our lives

Glenda I know what you are saying about the little 100 calorie treats, they DO add up!

It is babysitting day for me so little time without interuptions!

Alan (dh) has one more weekend in Malaysia and he will be home.

Cheers
Maria
Old 06-11-2008, 08:31 AM   #13  

I must have missed this last night. I went to the old site and wondered why it was locked. The new name is fine with me. Haven't been on the computer much since school has been out. We had a big tree limb fall on the roof last week in the storms. No damage thank goodness. Just a broken shingle or two. We were lucky. There were some tornado touchdowns that morning but not on this side of town.
I started riding my stationary bike yesterday. Trying to get in shape since the WW are planning a real bike ride some Friday in the summer. We are getting together on Fridays and doing things around the city. Last week we went to Eden Park and went to the conservatory and then had lunch at the Art Museum.
Maria your trip to the bush sounds like quite an adventure. Can't wait to see pictures and hope you don't meet any crocs. Is Alan home yet? How did the girls like the golf set?
Glenda I think those 100 calories treats are not a good thing. I think of you all the time when they give the weather-I thought we were getting a lot of rain but you are getting some nasty storms.
Trish welcome to the group. Love SC-was just in Columbia for a wedding. My niece lives in Newbury.
Slavika your grands are great kids. You should be very proud of them. Love the picture of Patches.
Hi Ann, Trudy and Gloria and Suz.
Have a good day everyone.
painter5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies

Glenda - I was born and raised in TX and never thought I would nor did I ever want to live any where else, but my hubby of 31 died and then 2 yrs later I met DH from FL and he changed all that. I have 3 DGC and 2 DGGD back in TX. Tony has 3 DGC in FL and 2 in IN. We moved to SC a little over one and a half years ago. Strange thing about DH and me is that he and his wife were married 31 yrs and his wife passed away 2 months before my hubby died. We met 2 yrs later on a Christian website. Neither one of us wanted to ever marry again, but we are very thankful to have each other. He is a real blessing to me.
I know what you mean about the 100 calorie snacks. I think that those WW snacks are what messed me up. It was just so easy to pick one up and eat it instead of cooking. Since I took them out of my life, I don't get hungry like I did. I think they triggered my hunger rather that calm it down.

Maria - I like the idea of a variety of talk. I was with another group like that, but as I think I said before I was the oldest one there and will probably check in with them from time to time as the are a great bunch. Are you babysitting your DGC?

Peggy - I love living in this part of the country. There is so much history here and so many places to see. DH has taken me so many places I always dreamed of but never thought I would ever see. We went to Canada to Niagara Falls last year. I hope to get to DC and he wants to take me to NYC someday as one of our trips. We drive through Savannah to go to FL, but someday I want to just make a trip Savannah to see the museums. I do the stationary bike too. I have a bad knee and according to my sister who had a knee replacement a few years ago said that is the first exercise they start you on after surgery. I hope it will strengthen my knees and legs so that when DH get release from surgeon we can start walking together.

Hey you guys who are getting all that rain can send it to us over here. If we don't get some rain all our plants and grass is going to die. I know y'all are ready for it to stop where you are. I don't see how some places can take any more. DH DS called last week and their garage was damaged and the chiminey had been ripped off the roof. They live in Columbus, IN. Then he called the week end and told his Dad that all of them including the dog were on the roof because their street was flooded. He had been playing ball with the children in the backyard and his DD had gone to get the ball from the front yard and said, "Daddy, water is coming up the street". I hope all this bad weather will stop for all of you and we get some rain soon.

Everybody have a good day.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 06-11-2008 at 01:28 PM.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:37 PM   #15  
Web Nana

Good Evening All! I love the new name as it is something we can grow into.
Welcome to Trish, I, too, am in the 'beyond' catagory! Love SC and have visited Charleston and Myrtle Beach. DS lives in Raleigh, NC and when we drive down to see them we usually drive down to Myrtle Beach for a few days. We will usually spend the weekends (long) with them and then go off to see what we can see. I tell them we are only using their house to do the laundry....pay back for all those college years!!!

It has been interesting around here lately what with the weather...we had our first 4 day heat wave....above 90 deg. for 4 straight. I also have been having some health problems. In March I started on BP med that gave me a awful dry cough....lasted 2 months and then we changed to a different med. No more cough....WHEW! Then last week I had a UTI (urinary tract infection) and went to the dr. He drew bloods and gave me a Sulpher drug that went to work immediatly and I will finish the 7 days tonight. The blood test came back showing a high level of sugar. Although I am not diabetic I have glucose intolerenc. Seeing a dietitian next week as he wants me to lose some weight as well as learn about what I can and can not eat. It seems as soon as I hit 75 the ---- hit the fan. At least I am watching myself and being watched by DH & the Dr. so we shall see how it progresses.

Sally: Sorry you are having emal problems again and now you have added Maria to the list. Hope they will help you solve this problem

Maria: As much fun as it is to see the GDS, I know how tiring it can get.
That trip to the outback sounds like it will be a real adventure. It is good that you are going with friends...4 heads are better than 2.

Karen: That is a good idea--the stationary bike--I will have to look into getting one. Both DH & I could take turns.

Glenda: It's great that you are having such fun with Ginger. I have never had a 'small' dog but I would think that they would be easier to care for than the St. Bernards we used to have.

Anne: Up and down is so me. This time I am not trying to lose any specific amount but will be grateful for anything I can kick off!

Norma, BB, Suz Hope all is well with you.

Gloria
nanacas is offline   Reply With Quote