Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Good morning turtles:

Sounds like everyone is very positive which is great.

Judy - sounds like you are really having a great time lately & staying on track as well. That is fabulous not to go completely off programme whenever we have an outting. That means you are doing a lifestyle change, which we all need to succeed longterm. So, you are setting a good example for the rest of us.

Rainy up here today, but warmer which is welcomed.

Soon will be trailer season. Mine is up for sale & hopefully will sell this year.
We have been going up for 10 years & the last few my dd hasn't spent much time up there & it is expensive if not used much. But, I will enjoy it until when & if it is sold.

The dinner we made the other night was really good. I will post recipe later, but it is long even though it is simple, but I think you all would enjoy it & it is
low carb as well.

So far my plans for this weekend are: probably bingo with mom tonight,
drink with a fellow tomorrow afternoon (I have already met him but told him I don't want to get involved) but he wants to get together & chat, so that should be interesting. More basement work, laundry & planning out my menu for next week.

Have a good one!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:17 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Monday! We had a wonderful weekend weather wise... sunny and in the 60's, just what I needed to lift my spirits.

W/I was not what I had hoped, I stayed the same as the previous week, no loss and no gain. I think that my med's have a bit to do with it but is not the entire problem so I have thought about it until I was going nuts and have come up with this. I started doing the Wendy plan on Saturday to hopefully get my body going again, wish me luck!

DH lost almost 7 lbs this week for his official first week back and I was very happy for him.

DS was home for the weekend so I did lots of laundry! DH and I worked out in the yard. I picked up a ton of sticks and downed limbs from the winter storms and got the patio furniture set up and DH cleaned the grill out. I took the dogs for a nice walk around the park, I took them one at a time, I could handle them better that way and I got in some special time with each of them.

It was just wonderful weather and really gave me hope that summer is truly coming.

Have a great day turtles!

Princess
Old 04-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #33  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Well, I just put my money where my mouth is--or something. This past weekend was a disaster foodwise. As soon as my ds and grandchildren came in, I ate non-stop. What caused this? Well, one thing is that I had done so much on Friday and then went out to dinner with friends. That all pointed out fine. But, although I had plenty of good foods in the house, I had also bought goodies for the kids. Guess what? They hardly asked for anything and I ended up eating the junk and then throwing it out. Also, I was so busy with them that I didn't track my food. I just "back-tracked" my food and I'm okay. Although I'm up two pounds, I should be able to get that off--just maybe not in time for my WI. Also, they are coming back soon and I have to rearrange my fridge and get better organized. I can do it and I have been doing it. I simply allowed things to get out of control. Today I'm fine, but I certainly have more cravings than usual. Ugh.

Bandit, hope you had a nice weekend. Tell us more about the fellow. He sounds persistent!

Princess, that scale WI is miserable. It sounds like meds, and you're doing a good job of keeping your spirits up, but I know how this feels. Here's a to keep you going! : I tried the Wendy plan and liked it for shaking up a weight loss. Let us know how it works.

Everybody, have a great day. It's a little gray here, but the spring things are budding and blooming and that's a great sign.
Take care and be well.
Judy
234.6/213.4/thinner into onederland
Old 04-09-2008, 08:14 AM   #34  

Morning all and happy Wednesday, not much is new here, just trying to keep it all together. TOM arrived this morning, not very happy about that but what can you do?

Judy: I totally understand what you are going through... it is not easy but I have faith in you!

Bandit: Did you end up going to bingo? How is the sale of your trailer going so far? I would imagine that as it gets warmer more people will be interested in purchasing it.

All: How is everyone doing? Chime in when you can, it helps to keep us all going!

I will check back in again on my lunch break.

Princess
Old 04-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #35  

Hi turtles

Princess - yes, went to bingo with mom Fri night but we didn't win but still had a good time. As far as trailer, our park doesn't officially open until May 24weekend, so nothing will happen before that time.

Judy - as far as my date was concerned it was fine. He is nice enough, but we don't have much in common & he has never been married & I would think if you stayed single until late 50's why would you even want to get involved.
He has never owned a home & has moved from job to job. Just doesn't have much going for him. So, I once again told him I wasn't interested. As a far as just being friends - he really isn't that much fun to be with.

As far as eating this week - had way too many extra's. My gf is coming tonight & she is bringing home-made burgers so that should be yummy.

Biggest Loser - OMG what a "Kelly shock" I was soooooo happy for her.
Hoping America votes to keep Roger in final 3.

Hoping everyone is doing well this week. Weather up here has been really nice so enjoying that for sure.

Take care.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #36  
Chick

Hi Guys,
Today is going much better. Thanks for the encouragement.

Bandit, now I've got it about the fellow. You've got your head on right!
I understand about the extras having just gone through that. Good luck this week.

Princess, you're doing a good job keeping everything together. You know, some weeks are just harder than others, but you're in the right spot.

I agree about everyone chiming in. It feels so good to come on line and realize someone else has written something, so chime in when you can.

Cherry and Chrily, how are you doing? :

I'm all up for more Boot Camp, and Bandit, I agree that I really like what Roger has accomplished and how hard he's worked. We'll see how the vote goes on Biggest Loser: they certainly have all accomplished something fantastic.

Today has been good. One piece of toast for breakfast, Appleby's for lunch,
and a simple supper tonight should bring me in where I want to be with points.
Even thought I'm very overweight, my points are pretty low because of my age and my sedentary ways. I'm running very tired today, but I'm optimistic and am getting things done around the house, step by step.

I skipped my morning WI, but weighed in at home. It's not too bad, and I know I can get these pounds off and head into onederland. I'll just have to be better organized and gear up the will power if the grandkids and daughter in law come to spend some time with us.

You all take care and be well and keep up the Boot Camp Spirit! Drink that water!!
Judy
234.6/213.6/thinner into onederland
Old 04-11-2008, 08:05 AM   #37  

Morning all and happy Friday! Yes, it finally got here! Love Fridays!!! I am traveling up north to be with my mom for the weekend but will go to W/I first then get on the road. I don't expect it to be a good W/I due to TOM but I will go anyway.

Bandit: I so agree with you about that guy, not much of a future with someone like that. About the BL, I was kind of hoping that Mark would be the one in the final three only because I think that one of the women could beat him and there would finally be a female biggest loser... just my thoughts though.

Judy: Sounds like you are busy again... I have faith that you will have a wonderful W/I next week. Keep at it, you are an inspiration to us all.

All: Hope all is well with everyone... any updates on boot camp goals?

I have to run but will check back in a bit.
Princess
Old 04-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #38  

Hi ladies. Sounds like quite a bit has been going on the past couple of days. Your posts are really encouraging to me. Still having problems with a sinus cold and waking in the mornings with a headache that could kill a elephant. I am trying to think positive though i must say i can be a negative thinker if i let myself get away with it. My weight keeps going up but i really have not been eating good. I just feel like constantly snacking to keep myself busy i guess.

I just wanted to say i am proud of you ladies. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:41 PM   #39  

Hi - sounds like everyone is doing well, so that is great.

Lately, I just can't seem to get back on track. Start off good, then by evening am snacking way too much then feeling guilty about that, and snacking more.

I think maybe I need the structure of ww meetings as well as coming on this site for encouragement. When I was doing ww with my friends, it seemed to keep me focussed - I guess just having to face the scales each week is an incentive. I am thinking I should get my butt back there.

Anyway, have a great weekend!
Old 04-12-2008, 10:26 AM   #40  
Chick

Bandit, I agree. Having to WI weekly and hear what others have to say and how they changed one of their actions for the week really makes a difference. I am very lucky because I have a choice on Wednesdays of going to two different meetings. If I miss the morning session, I can get the early evening meeting with another phenomenol leader. They are completely opposite in personality and style, but they both manage to reach me and help me keep on track. If you're struggling, I think it's a good idea to get back to a meeting. We beat ourselves up enough, and sometimes it's good to hear that our struggle is universal --but some people are able to break through and lose weight. Our Boot Camp inspiration is really helping me and the meetings help too.

My Boot Camp Resolutions:
1. record every morsel
2. exercise 5X a week
3. drink more water
4. lose a total of 15# by July 4th.
I know I can do this! I've let the emotions take over again and I didnt' exercise much this week. "I just didn't feel like it." That was grownup of me, wasn't it? My company is coming out on Wednesday instead of today and that'll work out much better.

Cherry, we all get down and gain weight. Which WW idea would you like to take on today for yourself?
1. drink more water 2. get 15 minutes of activity 3. record your evening meal
I know you can do this. Baby steps will get you there. You are the expert of yourself.

Princess, have a good time with your mom and good luck on your WI. You're really good to hit the scales. Is dh still on the program?

Okay, I've gotta run and get something done. You all take care, be well and happy.
Judy
Old 04-14-2008, 08:22 AM   #41  

Morning all and happy monday! Went to W/I on Saturday... thought I was actually going to be down a pound, according to my scale at home, but as it turned out I stayed exactly the same... again. Which I guess is not bad since I did have my TOM and all. Had a good time with my mom, I booked us at a spa for a manicure and then took her out to eat, it was fun and I think that she really enjoyed it!

Judy: DH is doing it half heartedly... he is going to W/I but was up 3 lbs this week so I guess he needs to get back on track also.

Bandit: I agree, meetings should help you out to get back on track.

I have to run but will check back in later on.
Princess
Old 04-14-2008, 11:01 AM   #42  

Hi everyone:

Princess - Better to stay the same than gain, but gets frustrating if you think you should be down, then not.

Judy - you sound like you are really doing great & that is wonderful.
Keep up the good work.

Today all my stuff is measured & pointed out properly & all will be journalled.
And all snacks will be accounted for (no more handfuls of this & that & not counting it) So hoping this gets me under control.

Have a good Monday!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #43  
Chick

Bandit, I like how you've got everything measured and pointed out. That's a great way to go. and good luck because I know how hard this is.

Princess, I see your WI as a : because you stayed the same but have TOM. I bet that's worth a pound or two, so keep on keepin' on during these times.

I've had another setback, but I can't beat myself up too much. I did
and I ate too much today, but you wouldn't call it a real binge. So, I am determined to get to WI on Wed. because if I let another week slip by, I"ll be in real trouble. I'm not expecting a :, but maybe I can stop this gain.

To all who struggle: We all do. Chime in, offer suggestions and ask for help.
We can keep each other going.
Judy
Old 04-15-2008, 06:57 AM   #44  

Morning, turtles:

Well, made it through yesterday & used 2 flex points by end of evening.
So was pleased with the day overall.

Tonight is finale of Biggest Loser & that will be exciting for sure.

Prepared meatloaf last night so just have to pop it in oven when I get home & will also have cauliflower & sweet potato for my supper.

So anyone have any new recipes they've tried lately? And what is your menu for today?

Have a good one!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:19 AM   #45  

Morning all! Cold but sunny here today... going to take the dogs for a walk this evening if I have time. Went to Zumba class last night, it was a bit easier then it was last week... LOL, I still felt like I was just going around in circles!

Bandit: I am so eager to see what happens tonight on the BL! I am really hoping that one of the girls wins... can't wait to see it though no matter who wins... No new recipes here, I was going to ask you... LOL. I have chicken out for tonight but not sure what I will do with it yet.

Judy: I think a W/I and a meeting would help... I know it does me, at least it gets my thoughts back on track.

Have a great day ladies!
Closed Thread