Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 08:34 AM   #1  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default Monday Morning Blues!!!!

Starting the thread!!!
Old 02-25-2002, 08:56 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

I am SOOOOOO tired!

Jess - I came in on Saturday too.... I was so out of it though, that I didn't even check here.

I had a blast Saturday night. We went out with these guys and of course I liked one of them. I thought maybe he was interested too, especially when we got back to their apt. We hung out for a while and when I went to leave, the guy, Cory said he'd walk me to the main street to get a cab. I was hoping something might happen on our little walk - but nothing! So i'm pretty sure he isn't interested or he would have tried something on the walk. ALthough, he still made my heart melt because he opened the cab door for me when the cab stopped. He then knocked on the cab's window and said "So how much does a trip to Harvard Ave usually run." The cab driver said "6 or 7 dollars." ANd he gave the cab driver a $20 and said "Take good care of her. She's my sweetheart." I absolutely melted right there!!!!! No numbers were exchanged, but he's a friend of a friend and we're supposed to all hang out again sometime. I won't kid myself though. He's prob just a flirt and a charmer.

Rina and Ally - congrats on the game. It was a hard fought game, and I was very disappointed the US couldn't bring home the gold, but someone other than us had to win it, I'm glad it was you guys. Canada really played hard and deserved the win. Plus, it was nice to see Joe Sakic get the MVP. He's my favorite non-BU graduate player. He's the classiest guy to ever hit the ice, and so it's nice to see him get a gold medal. Now, Chris Drury (my most fav player ever and BU-grad) needs a gold in 2006.

So, I've been working out like a mad woman. And I really really really want to be 145 by May 1st. Not sure if that's possible, but I'm gonna try as hard as I can. Saturday though I had 6 munchkins!!!! At first I was freaking out, because for some reason I thought that they were 3 points a piece. And I was freaking out about that. But when I calmed down and checked online, I found out that 3 were 5 points. So - I felt a bit better. Still 10 points on munchkins by 9am is a hard thing to work out. But I ended okay at my max for the day.

Then yesterday I went to the mall because my blue jeans were falling off. I'm wearing size 14 jeans now, but a size 12 in pants. So I bought some blue jeans and then went to the gap. I almost spent $49.99 on a pair of khakis!!! How ridiclulous is that. The thing is - I LOVE them. They looked so awesome. They had that wide waistline and it was really slimming. Plus it was so great to be able to wear a size 12 from the GAP when I've been wearing Lane Bryant for the last 8 years of my life. But still, $50 for khakis is a bit much. Especially when they hopefully wouldn't fit me in a month or so. So I didn't get them. I do need khakis though. I can't afford to buy clothes every time I go down a size, so all I have is a skirt, a pair of jeans and a paor of black pants that fit me right now.

Sorry for the novel!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

Lisa
Old 02-25-2002, 09:26 AM   #3  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

I almost forgot - WELCOME KENDRA AND CHRISTINE!!!!!!!

We love new members!! This is the most wonderful place to get support. These ladies are awesome!
Old 02-25-2002, 09:32 AM   #4  
Semi-Newbie Member

Default Remember me?

It's been awhile since I've wrote, but my life has been so crazy. First off, I haven't lost any more weight. Kind of bummed about that, but stress will do it. Secondly, my husband left me near the end of January. I'm doing okay...and we both are pretty much in agreement that it is over. He actually would love to come back home...but I'm the one stopping that. He accused me of sleeping with his best friend. He also left me the day before ALL of our bills were due! I have a lot of anger towards him right now. So this has hurt my weight loss. I am still OP, drinking my water...but haven't exercised. That's what I'm working on this week, plus journaling. Somehow I got out of the habit of that. Besides all that nothing much is going on. Sorry it's been so long since I have updated, I just really have been busy and stressed.
Old 02-25-2002, 10:30 AM   #5  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Welcome Mandie,

You are in my thoughts!! You should get the "You go, girl!" award from Oprah. If there is no such thing, then lets make one up!!!
Lisa: Go to Kohl's for Khakis!! If you don't have a Kohl's then go to JC Penney. I buy Dockers and can usually get a pair for around $30. They also are made so you can buy a size smaller than you usually would wear and can "lose" into them!
Hi to everyone about to post! I'd better get back to work!
Old 02-25-2002, 10:32 AM   #6  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default would you take me back?

Hi everyone,

I don't even know if you will remember me or not. I posted here of a few months in the summer last year. Well as you can imagine when I stopped posting, I stopped ww and gained a lot back. Not all (thank goodness) but enough that I recently had another wake up call. I have decided that I am going to go with Richard Simmons this time and do the foodmover. I know this board is listed with the weight watchers 20 something's but I was hopeing you would overlook the fact that I am doing a different program. I found this group so supportive and friendly, and you all helped me so much. What do you think.....can I have another try?

I feel so good about making the decision to get back on track!! I decided to go with R.S instead of WW because I found I would save up all of my points and eat a lot of crappy things. I never really learned how to eat properly and I feel by doing R.S with his protiens and starches ETC. I might finally be able to learn to eat to be healthy.....

Looking forward to getting back in touch (if you even remember me, and will take me back!! )

Angie
Old 02-25-2002, 10:51 AM   #7  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Mandie - I am SO sorry to hear about your separation. I can't imagine what you're going through. Sometimes things are larger and much more important than a few extra pounds, and these things deserve your focus and attention. I hope that everything turns out.

Angie! Hey girl. Of course we remember you! How have you been? I left for a long time too.... but I realized I was doing my best when I was getting support here, so I came back. Good luck with the Richard Simmons thing. I say go with whatever works best for you. Good to have you back.

Lisa
Old 02-25-2002, 11:17 AM   #8  

Thanks Lisa!!

I didn't even realize how much support I had here, and how much it kept me on track until after I was gone and I had already stopped ww. Not going to happen this time, I am in if for the long haul.

THanks for taking me back!

Angie
Old 02-25-2002, 11:29 AM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Welcome back to all the lost 20-somethings!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I weighed and lost .8.. YAH! Didn't think I would since I was sick and not really watching myself. So it was a pleasant suprise!!! I am feeling better finally. I think the cold is going away and the nauseousness. Still gassy and hate that!

Work is nuts like always, so I am not having fun. And my weekends go by way too fast!

Lisa, Hmmmm, that guy has some mixed signals. Sounds sweet. You never know what could happen. Just play it cool and don't get all worked up over it. If it is gonna happen, it will!!!

Well, back to work!
Old 02-25-2002, 11:47 AM   #10  

Jen: I am so glad you are here still! Way to go on your loss! That is awesome! SOrry to hear you were sick, glad to hear you are feeling better. COngrats on doing so well on ww. How long have you been at it?

Lisa: I think he IS interested!

Angie
Old 02-25-2002, 11:55 AM   #11  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Angie, I started January of 2001 after the birth of my baby. As you can see, I am a very slow loser. And now we are discussing baby #2 and I am still not down where I would like to be. *pout pout*

I have a meeting this afternoon with accountants and no clue on how long it will last. They sounded a little crabby and that it may be a long one. Business taxes are due.
Old 02-25-2002, 11:59 AM   #12  
Running Babe

Angie: Hi and welcome back!! Hope you enjoyed Team Canada's victory.

Lisa: Still the US team were definitely awesome opponants.. I am still really happy for team Canada though, I was driving to my friends house and tons of people were waving Canada flags outside of their cars and stuff. Hockey is a religion here.

Mandie: I am so sorry, but being OP while all this stress is occuring is amazing, but as others said sometimes we need to focus on other things. <Hugs>

Stacey: I still don't own a pair of khakis, but I want to.

I need to buy business clothes... yippeee!!!

Take Care!

Ali

TEAM CANADA ROCKS!!!!
Old 02-25-2002, 12:06 PM   #13  
Running Babe

Lisa: ITA with Angie, it sounds like he's twitterpaited, the best of luck. I still don't know if I'll have date number 2 with that guy. Definately in my top 2 of first dates though. Ironically I put my last boyfriend's first date as well down there, defininetly not the best. The best was with a guy I dated a few times last summer. That first date was AMAZING!

Anyhoo, Take Care!

Ali
Old 02-25-2002, 01:02 PM   #14  

Jen: Slow and steady is the best way to lose weight right! You are doing great. I am faced with the same dilemma about having kids. My husband and I have been trying to conceive our third child for almost 2 years. It is really tough....but the way I see it is that I want my kids close in age and if I just focus on eating properly now, during and after the child the weight will come off eventually...maybe just not at this time. However since we are not getting pregnant I am focusing more on my trying to lose weight which will probably help us in the concieving area too.

Ali: Glad to see you are still here and doing so well as always! We had a blast last night at Canadas win, it really was an awesome game, and both teams played very well. Have fun shopping!

Angie
Old 02-25-2002, 01:23 PM   #15  

Default Mr.Noodles Instant Noodles~~~

Do you know the ones I am talking about? They come packaged in plastic....they are square about 6inches by 4 inches. They are instant noodles that you just add water too. SOme are flavored beef, chicken etc.

They are long stringy chinese type noodles....

Does anyone know how much (points) an entire package would count for including the flavoring? I am also trying to find out how many starches/fats/etc. there are in but if anyone knows the point value of a package that would help to because it would give me an idea of its R.S values.

Please help....I could not live without these things and want to count them properly.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angie
Closed Thread