Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:49 AM   #46  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Chris, so glad you decided to attend your ceremony and receive your certification. Way to go! I'm also so happy that you've decided to get out and walk. That'll help your weight loss big time!

Princess, so glad your Mom is coming in for the weekend. It's wonderful how you're able to accomodate your family. Easter Sunday on Saturday should work for all of you. Right now I'm hosting Easter dinner, but won't know how many until tonight. It's okay and I'm getting help from my friend who's bringing the ham and one dd who's bringing a dessert and another dd who's bringing a sweet potato casserole. I'll get the table set and I'll be out grocery shopping today and see if there's anything I can make ahead. I pointed out my macaroni and cheese dish and found that even making it with ffevaporated milk and ffmilk the points total 8points for a very small portion. I've gotta tell ya'--it's not worth it. I found a wonderful barley and wild rice and asparagus dish that I'm going to try for the first time and I'm making the original Kraft mac and cheese from a box which I won't eat, but the grandkids and my dh like better! Sounds like a plan. I have a feeling you'll need to protect your neck and back and maybe a physical therapist could suggest exercise which will help, but not aggrevate the condition. I am sending you : for a complete healing and that the meds provide relief.
Happy Easter!

SCraver, wow, it's great you've gotten yourself to a point where you crave good foods. That salad sounds delicious. Good for you for heading to raw veggies instead of that other stuff that doesn't help us one bit!
Hopefully DMS will be soon gone.

Bethz, your weight loss is remarkable! Weigh to go. I was checking out your signature line and that's when I saw how much you've lost so far. Yay! Your menu sounds great. Do you make your stuffed cabbage in any special way?
I tried a WW rice and bean stuffed cabbage but wasn't too thrilled with it. So maybe you've got a good recipe.

Bandit, how's everything going on your holiday? Hope the weather is about to give you a break. Our weather today is cold but nice and sunny.

Hey, I just learned something. The reason our Easter this year is so early is because Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon of spring. The next time Easter will be so early again is in about 225years and the last time Easter was so early was in 1919. Interesting facts--LOL. My ds's is on March 27th. and it's the first time I can remember his birthday coming after Easter.

I've been working hard on undoing the St. Patty's day feast and the use of my 35extra points. I got back on the yesterday and ate well. I still have two more pounds to get off and am working on it. Having Easter in the middle will be tough, but I've gotta take it one day at a time and baby step it and I should be okay. I've gotta make it okay because I don't want to keep this extra weight on. I'm not used to actually losing weight LOL and in my signature I've been using the wrong weight.

So, I'll wish you all a good weekend and a Happy Easter. Take care and be well.
Judy
234.6/213.8/thinner into onederland
Old 03-21-2008, 11:10 AM   #47  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey ladies! How are we all doing today? My tummy is starting to growl, its needing some breakfast fuel.

I will have to agree...Easter seems odd this year. I was actually born on Easter and every 11 yrs it falls back on Easter. My sister, whose birthdate is 4 days after mine also has her's fall on Easter every 11 yrs, but she wasn't born on Easter. It's really odd.

Any cool Easter plans for anyone? We're going to the Easter service at church, eatind dinner with my SIL and then going to my sister's in-laws for the Easter egg hunt. Her MIL buys like 300+ eggs and the little kids to the hunt in her backyard and the older one's in the front. It's pretty fun. After that...back to my homework or maybe I'll just crash and watch a movie.

SCraver-Loved your DMS. I'm in the PMS stage right now, soon to be going into the DMS, and then I'll follow that up with a post M Stage (that would be the recovery stage...). The one part of being a female that I really really don't like.

Well I"m supposed to be cleaning house so I guess I should drag my hind end off this chair and in the wise words of Larry the Cable Guy...let's "git 'er done!"

Christina
Old 03-22-2008, 10:46 AM   #48  
Chick

Chrily, that Easter egg hunt sounds spectacular! What fun!

My ds and his dear family can't make it for Easter, but my ddil was considerate enough to let us know early on Friday. Those toddlers and strep and all sorts of germs make it tough to get together. We'll still have fun here, but I feel for the family stuck upstate.

I did something interesting and revealing. I decided against making my macaroni and cheese recipe since it pointed out to 8 points. In its place I substituted a corn casserole recipe I've had sitting in my recipe book for ages.
Well, I just pointed that out and it comes to 7 points. Ugh! So, I'll be eating mashed sweet potatoes and carrots and ham and the barley and rice casserole (which is WW's and points out at 1 point--and I can't figure out how) and I'll have to watch the portions of everything and enjoy the company! That's what I need to get into my head. The food's nice, but the company is better.
Happy Easter and a lovely weekend to all.
Judy
234.5/213.8/thinner into onederland
Old 03-22-2008, 10:53 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Happy Easter, everyone:

It has been pretty cold up here but at least sunny and the snow piles are dwindling bit by bit.

Been a quiet weekend. My daughter is working for most of it but will be home for Easter dinner which is nice.

Have been organizing my basement still & getting rid of lots of old clothes.

Not been doing great with my eating. Not terrible - but could do better.

HOpe you all have a great Easter.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:29 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and Happy Monday! The weekend went well, DS brought home his roommate from college so we had one more then expected but that was fine. Had a great time with my mom and we got in some shopping. W/I was just plain ugly on Saturday morning, the only thing I can figure out is that since it was the end of my TOM I may have been holding water but the scale showed me up 2.6 lbs... disappointing but I will move past it and keep going.

DH says he is going to get back on plan and try and be more supportive of me... his date to really get started is April 1st... we will see.

Sounds like everyone had a nice holiday weekend which is wonderful!

I am busy this morning so will have to skip my individual posts but will stop back by later one.

Princess
Old 03-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #51  

Princess- that is great that your DH is going to try to be more supportive. Sorry that the scale went up but hopefully most of it will be water weight.

Bandit, Judy, and Chrily - Hope everyone is doing well and doing their best to just move forward.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:16 AM   #52  
Chick

Princess, sorry the scale went up. That's just plain mean. In the meantime I hope your dh hops on the WW wagon because you two do very well together and his support will be a bonus. I wonder if TOM and your meds for your neck have interfered with your weight. Your next WI should be a good one.
Keep up your spirits. Wasn't that nice of your son to feel comfortable about bringing his roommate home from school? Sounds like you had a Happy EAster and good shopping to boot!

Cherry, how are you doing?

Bandit, glad your dd was able to be with you on Easter. Also big hurrah for the weather getting better.

I'm enjoying some crocus in my backyard and the tulips and daffodils leaves are starting to show.

My ds and his family called for Easter and we had a crazy and fun call. My dh riles up the kids with acting silly and they love it!!! In the meantime dinner here for EAster was really nice. Our guests left early, but that gave me some relaxing time at the end of the day. I did fine with points yesterday.
Used the 4points I earned with exercise and my daily total was fine. I'm afraid to step on scale, but I'll get over it.

Good luck to us all!!!!
Judy
Old 03-24-2008, 11:21 AM   #53  

Hi turtles:

Princess - sorry about your gain, but I'm sure things will get back down soon.

Sounds like everyone's Easter was great. Mine was as well, quiet but really nice.

I was also up this week .6# to be exact.

So here's to a great "turtle week" with everyone staying OP!
Old 03-24-2008, 10:59 PM   #54  
Focus on the Process

This is rough for me. Them dang jelly beans keep pulling me in. I have at least vowed to avoid the chocolate and didn't eat a bunch of junky desserts yesterday. I did have a small piece of cheesecake but no potatoes, and only a small slice of ham...and I did manage to nibble on carrots. So that is almost behaving! and I'm still hanging at my current weight of 233. Slightly depressing but I'm reaping what I'm putting in, so I should just put up or get off my hindend and work on it.

I have just been exhausted and totally drained the last few days again. I don't know why. I'm going to bed early, sleeping all night and still wanting more sleepy time in the morning and then I'm dragging all day again. I know I do have some inflammation in my hands and my upper arms but I usually don't get that tired from the aches.

I'm glad to hear everyone had nice Easters...sorry to hear bout the weight gains but hey they weren't very big and that weight will come right back off. Well Little People, big World is on now. I gotta catch up with the Roloff family. It's on TLC. They are such an awesome family. I would love to meet them someday. I really would.

Christina
Old 03-25-2008, 08:02 AM   #55  

Morning all and Happy Tuesday! Not much news from the doctor that I went to yesterday, I go again today to see what the tests that he took show and hopefully he has a game plan on how to treat me... should be interesting.

Not much else is new here, spring is coming and not a moment too soon!

Hope all is well with everyone, have a very happy day!
Princess
Old 03-25-2008, 09:09 AM   #56  

Morning, turtles:

Well, I made it through yesterday totally OP so was happy with that.
I sent the leftover goodies from Easter back to school with my daughter -
still have abit of turkey but that's about it.

Biggest Loser tonight - I really like that show, but find it hard not to snack while watching it - you would think that would have the opposite effect.

Princess - good luck with your doctor appointment.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

And I hate to even say it, but we are getting more snow today. Not lots - about 5 cm & it is very cold again today.

I am definately ready for spring weather!
Old 03-25-2008, 10:29 AM   #57  
Chick

Chrily, it sounds like you didn't do too bad during Easter. Here's a to help with Boot Camp OP!

Bandit, wow, a complete OP day is worth to you! Keep up the good work. Smart to get the Easter goodies out of the house. Sorry about the snow, but spring is almost here.

Princess, good luck with the tests. I've got my fingers crossed for you. In the meantime it's always great to hear Have a happy day from you!

I've got myself in the doldrums and have got to get out! I'm up a full three pounds. Having St. Patty's Day, trip to beach, and Easter all occuring so close together has undone the good that it took a month to accomplish. I'm stating my frustration here in the hopes that it will look so pitiful that I'll shake myself up, realize this happens, and get right back on track. I had a great day yesterday--exercise and food-- and the scale really hasn't changed. I think some of this is the salt from ham and I'm very affected by that. My dh is not at all, but I am. I put the ham in the freezer for now so that I won't be tempted to eat tiny pieces here and there. Okay, no more pity party for me. Boot CAmp--I'm right here! Now I have to get my head in the right place.

Have a great day. It's sunny here and although it's cold there are signs of spring in the air!
Judy
Old 03-25-2008, 01:20 PM   #58  
Focus on the Process

Okay..so far the day is going okay. I actually exercised...ooooooohhhhh! I did 9 laps around the school track. I'll be feeling it later I'm sure. I so need some new shoes. I just need to do this. I keep walking around and seeing all these thin ladies wearing all these cute clothes and I so want to be them. Jealousy has reared its ugly head a bit, but more importantly, I'm really worried about my health. It seems like every article you read these days about health issues links back to being overweight. That's not a good thing.

Judy, don't worry! You'll drop those 3 pesky pounds in no time. I really believe that. You are a very inspirational person on here and I know you can do it.

Princess, echoing the sentiments of Judy...hope you have a good doctor appt and find out some stuff and get yourself all better.

As for the rest of you ladies...hope all is well! I must get back to the ol homework grind. I have so much to do....

Love ya,

Christina
Old 03-26-2008, 08:39 AM   #59  

Morning all and happy Wednesday!

Looks like the sun is out this morning but it is still chilly, hopefully it will warm up soon! I am eager to get out and get some walking in and my dogs need to get outside also, I noticed they have really packed on some pounds over the winter months. Doctors appointment went pretty good yesterday, it will be expensive but I think it is the best route for me to take at this point... I have not been to the gym in about a week and a half so it is time for me to get my butt in gear and get back in there... today I hope is the day, just depends if I have to go to the doctor or not.

Everyone sounds pretty positive in their posts which is a good thing. Lets not forget our boot-camp goals, I know it is really hard, I really do. I have to kick myself on a daily basis to stay on track with everything and don't always manage but I will keep at it.

I have to run and get some work done but will be back on line later on.

Have a very happy day all!
Princess
Old 03-26-2008, 02:41 PM   #60  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I'm going to start a new thread since we've recorded so many posts. In the meantime I got to my WI and I was up 3.2#. Ugh. But I knew I would be.
The mtg. was good, the boot camp inspires me, and I've got to keep on keepin' on. Some emotional issues last night made it tough--but I'm more or less over it and I'm moving on!

Princess, glad the doc has some solutions for you. Yay! And you're right about Boot Camp and our goals. It's tough--we all fall off a bit here and there--but the overall work is worth it.

Chrily, so glad you got out and walked the track. That's a wonderful accomplishment and 9 laps is huge! Weigh to go~

Okay, I'm opening the next thread--see you at #197.
Judy
234.6/217/thinner into onederland
Closed Thread