Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #31  
Net browser

Hi Everybody: I did see my doctor and my blood pressure is great and he said my heart sounded ok too. He said not to stress over it and everything would work out ok. I have been feeling ok the the last couple of days. He wants me to start walking on my treadmill again but instead of going for 1/2 hr to try 10 min three times a day. In the meantime, I have to have a blood workup done and he will send my medical records to a cardiologist and to expect a call from him. He said they will likely do a stress test and a couple of others on me. I feel better just because I had a chance to talk to him about how I was feeling. Hope you gals are all doing well.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:35 PM   #32  
Net browser

Hi Everybody: Hmmmm, looks like I will have to talk to myself, Where is everybody? I forgot to mention that I gained weight when I was away. I told the doctor on Monday that I was having a really difficult time getting weight off and he said that now that I am on insulin I will have a harder time. Isn't that just great...like I wasn't having trouble already. ANN did you have a nice time while you were away? I see some grass now along the edges of my yard, so slowly the snow is melting. GLENDA, I like your doggie's name. I maybe should have given more thought to naming my pup but I guess she just looked like she should be called patches. I went out today with my DIL. I had to buy a new light fixture and a birthday gift for a friend and we also had a light lunch. I sure am lucky to have that sweet girl for a DIL. We had a super day.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:33 PM   #33  
Member Florida Chick

Hi Everybody:
We're home. Got back Monday p.m. only to find out about the death of a friend. And today was the Memorial Service. I sang a duet with another gal, and it was all right. Had a quick practice yesterday.

We had a lovely time. Went to a dinner theater, and saw 'Anything Goes'. It was a great production and most enjoyable. Just the seats got hard after a while.

We also had the opportunity to hear the Perdue University Male Glee Club. They were outstanding. I'm a pushover for mens choruses. And these kids were really good. everything memorized, and they had some neat small groups. Quartets of various types. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Sunday we went to church and there was a guest speaker- Josh McDowell. That was a nice surprise. He gave a good message. He has written many books but his first was 'More than a Caarpenter'. He wrote that after trying to prove that Jesus and Christianity was nothing. And as a result of all his searching and study he became a Christian himself. He found out that Jesus was and is real.

So all in all we had a great time. Also traveled a ways to a bird sanctuary, and that was fun. some new birds I had never seen before. Fun to visit, but wouldn't want to live there. Altogether to much traffic.

Our only worry was that SIL is getting worn out. So tonight I meddled and called their oldest daughter and sort of filled her in on the situation. She was glad that I did. It would be nice if one of her kids could find a way to come down and drive them back, but without asking if they wanted help. Because if they asked, of course they would say no. Don't know how it will work out.

We're glad to be home and sleep in our own bed, and our kitty is happy to have us home too. She is a great talker and meows at us a lot. Right now, while I am on the computer she is right behind me on the bed.

Talked with daughter Holly tonight, and she has discovered that she has sleep apnea, and is going to have to go and have another test with the equipment that is supposed to keep one breathing all night. I guess just one more side effect of the Lupus. I hope that the apparatus will work for her. Stopping breathing in the night is a scary thought.

I haven't read all the posts yet, but now will go back and do so. Then maybe I can make appropriate comments.

See you later. Ann
Old 03-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #34  
Fun Blonde

Slavika, thanks for the neat post. I used to come here all the time and ended up talking to myself a lot. I wonder if there was a difference in S.P.I. of air pressure. I was so sick in New Mexico once I thought I was having a heart attack, but it was just that altitude sickness. Anyway, glad you had such a good time and got home finally. You are right. You do have a wonderful DIL. I have two and what one lacks the other has in abundance (of good things). They have enriched my life so much. Not good news about the insulin and weight. I wonder why I am like that and don't take insulin.

Ann, so glad you informed your niece of what is going on with her parents. It is a touchy subject sometimes, but sounds like you SIL needs a breather. And glad you had such a wonderful day. You all sure do go a lot. The proverbial Happy Retirees, I guess.

Gloria, what a houseful you are going to have. We are going twice to OKC this weekend, once for Jackson's 4th BD party on Saturday and then on Sunday to my sister's for Easter on Sunday. We will get up early and go to my old church there in El Reno and then on to Barbara's. She has such a fun day planned for all the kids. Her DIL just had a baby girl on Monday. Looking forward to holding that bundle.

Maria, so enjoyed your pictures. Those girls looked like they were having a ball. Your daughter looks so much like you. Very pretty family. Are you getting just a little bit lonely yet?

Last weekend was wonderful. We had Makenzie and Kyle's family. Scored a touchdown when Shanna came in and Makenzie acted like, "Move over. You are in the way of the TV." She does love her grandma.

Boring as heck here. It is spring break and everyone is gone. I am taking off next Thursday and Friday. This time change has about eaten my lunch!

Suz, wish I were around for your harvest. Everything you grow I love. Are these cash crops for you all? Or do you just do it for fun?

Trudy, how funny! You can just bake and cook and not eat it? Never could. That is why I just don't cook. And even at that......well, you know. So, your toe is better, right?

Karen, Peggy, where are you?

Last edited by survivor; 03-19-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:41 PM   #35  

Next thread all, see ya there.

Maria
Closed Thread