Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 08:39 PM   #76  

Ruth,
I am so glad to hear from you. I know how hard it is to deal with what you dealt with. Bless you.
Meeting would be fantastic. Could I bring Brittany? Travel buddy.
She feels like she knows y'all too.

Dianne,
Just a little friendly opposition here.
I cannot stand Brittany or Maggie and sometimes Bernie. I know they are young but I could go through the TV and wipe the smirks from their faces. I am not crazy about Jillian this season. I think she would kill them if she had to to win. I also didn't like how Jillian was in on sending food to the hotel in Vegas. Off my soapbox now.
Don't ya love this show? Is it me or is it more of a competition now?

Hi everyone!!!
Terri
Old 02-27-2008, 11:18 PM   #77  
Queen of the Fresh Start

I feel as tho I've been away for so long. It's actually a case of I'm guilty of what I tell others not to do...stay away because of not being OP.
Enough said.

Es, I'm so sorry to hear you were in pain and hospitalized. I was wondering where you were. We all need to look out for one another. I hope you're feeling better.

Dianne, You're really doing great with losing and exercising. I'm so glad that you're enjoying the Biggest Loser w/Terri. It makes for some interesting reading for us all!

Terri, when I read Ruth's post about a get-together and you asked if Britts could come, I said "OF COURSE!" It's a no-brainer.

Ruth, I was SO glad to see your post! We all have a lot to catch up on. I think the get-together is a wonderful idea. A long weekend would be perfect.

Sandy, hi thinking of you and hoping you're enjoying time with your son.

I feel a get-together would be awesome for us all. If this spring is too early (I know that my calendar gets filled quickly lol), then what about this fall? If we plan now to meet somewhere for a long weekend, WE CAN DO IT! There's nothing I'd like better than to meet all of you. There are a number of places we could meet: Tennessee (Memphis anyone?!) or Kentucky seem to be centrally located for us all. Why don't we get a survey going on who would attend, to begin with?

As you may have heard, the weather here is icky. Snow, cold, the most snow we've had in quite some time. We're tired of shovelling! Tired of warming up the cars in below zero weather! This spring and summer will be especially sweet.

take care,
jen
Old 02-28-2008, 01:15 AM   #78  

Jen,
Tennessee is fine with us. This will be fun. I hope we can make it work.
It is so good that everyone is coming back. We all have to remember that we always need everyone no matter what is going on. I am picturing us putting our hands on top of one anothers like in Steel Magnolia.
Luv ya,
Terri
Old 02-29-2008, 12:08 PM   #79  

It is so good to see all the posts!

Ruth, So glad to hear from you and that things are going well. I love the idea of us all finally meeting each other in person. Tennessee seems like a great location. Someplace with lots of music, what fun!

Jen, glad to see you back, I tend to stay away too when I am not doing well WW wise, but I have realized we are here for each other for so much more than that. Have you gotten to Arkansas yet? How is your sister coping lately? She is in my thoughts and prayers. How are those quickly growing grandsons too, have they been over much what with all that icky weather?

Es, Hoping you are continuing to feel better!

Terri, How was Bradley's confirmation, did you all do anything to celebrate?
Thanks for your caring words about my brother's situation, we think he has had a big wake up call, but it will take several years for him to get back in control of his financial situation. I just pray that he continues to have a decent job.

Diane, I completely get the ups and downs poundwise. The only thing I have become really consistent about is my treadmill, I am using it 5-6 days per week. I need to add something with weights too, but following WW to the letter is totally beyond my ability for now. I have lost my first 5lb though, down to 194.6, so I am challenging myself to the next 5.

Hope everyone has something fun planned for the weekend,
Happy LeapDay!

Sandy
Old 02-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #80  

Hey girls,

Thanks for the welcome back!

I didn't have time to post yesterday. I had a dental appointment at 9:30 (chipped tooth needed a crown), I got out of the dentist office just in time for lunch. So I ran to the grocery store to pick up a few items for lunch (ww dinner, ww desert, & yogurt for a snack) and by the time I got back, nuked the food and ate, lunch was over! Last night I had class...so hear I am today.

We could try for a fall meeting? Sandy, you mentioned music...I'm thinking NASHVILLE. I think we would all have a great time! Terri, you can bring Britt, I would probably want to bring a friend or hubby (he could stay in the room)! Just Kidding!

Well, I've lost about 6 lbs this week. I don't remember what I weighed last Thursday when I officically decided to do this, it was somewhere around 186, this morning I weighed 180.8. I'm feeling pretty darn motivated at the moment. Around Thanksgiving and Christmas I was tipping the scales a little over 190...so I'm thrilled!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Ruthie
Old 02-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #81  

Ruth,
Congrats on your loss. Awesome. 1 pound at a time. That is the only way to go.
Sandy,
Great loss as well. Congrats.
Nashville is good also. Maybe the Opreyland hotel? Not sure how much rates are. Probably steep. Maybe offseason rates? The place is gorgeous. We have only visited there. Britts wants her wedding there. They had 1 set up when we were there. It was at Christmas time.
Bradley's Confirmation went well despite the earlier date than we expected. It was supposed to be in April and like that it was February. 2 months early. Those poor kids had to scramble. We had cake last night and I ate only the icing on mine. That, to me, is the best part. His 15th birthday is Tuesday and we will go out but I don't know where yet. I think it will be a Japanese Steakhouse where they cook on the table or P.F. Changs. We just got our first one here but it is usually very crowded.

I am so excited that we are all coming back here. Zoe, Susan ... Where are you?
Terri
Old 03-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #82  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hey everyone:

Like I said, I'm down for a get together. I think it would be great.

Terri- of course Britts is welcome, we all feel like we kind of watched her grow up, lol. We'll be her faux aunties Why don't we each go on line and check out some places in Tennessee (can someone tell me how far it is from NY??). I've always wanted to go down south (further than florida, lol). So Virginia, South Carolina, Atlanta, Tennessee - all fine with me. I think if we share a room, two to a room, it would be cheaper.

I know what you mean about the young guys on TBL, but there's something about Bernie I like. He's a comedian and makes me laugh. I like Roger too. Not crazy about Dan. As for Jay, I think he'll be more likeable with his brother gone. Kelly is okay, if only she'd stop bawling every week, lol. As for Jillian, she's kind of scary sometimes lol. Steel Magnolias is my favorite movie of all time!

Hi Es, How are you feeling amiga. Hope things are getting better.

Jen - great to see you back my friend. We've all been there before and stayed away, like you said enough said. How is your sister doing?

Sandy and Ruthie - good job on the losses! Congrats.

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone. Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 03-01-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #83  

Dianne,
I kinda like Bernie too. Remember the chocolate on his face? That was funny. Kelly is like in the middle 3 men (blue team) on one side and young ones (black team) on the other. She is the one they are both going to want now that they are going to no longer be teams.
I am not sure of how long it takes from N.Y.
Brittany was so happy to read that about her. If I drive she would be such good company. We drove to my sister's in Ohio when we went to see Bon Jovi in Pittsburgh. It was cool being on our own.

Bradley played his first Lacrosse game tonight. That is a rough game. He loves it though. The veteran parents were laughing at Brittany and I cause we were saying "OOOH Oh my... OUCH..."
Have a great weekend.
Terri
Old 03-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #84  

Well it is Monday again. Why isn't the weekend ever long enough? So how is everyone, hope you had a good weekend. I actually made it through without using up all my extra points. I still have 22 of the 35 left for today through Thursday!

I've been reading a little here and there and I'm trying to incorporate some of the food items that help with belly fat (peanut butter, walnuts, almonds, etc..)! But those seem so high in points, but I'm determined!! I'll just have to find more low pointers and use my points allowance for them. Oh, and I can always get on the treadmill!! Once I managed to make those items a habit and a staple in my cabinets, I'll move on the brain food. I need all the help I can get when it comes to remembering things!! LOL

Dianne, I think NY to Nashville is abt 750 miles.

Well, I better get back to work.

Hello to everyone....

Ruthie

Last edited by short & sassy; 03-03-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #85  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Ruthie,
Good going on the losses!

Thanks to those who asked about my sister. She's undergoing another round of chemo, not feeling great but not complaining.
We've decided to play it by ear re: when we can pop down for a visit. It all depends on the weather, which will soon not be an issue, thank goodness! and how she feels.....Both Joe's employer and mine know the situation and are ok with us taking a long weekend on short notice, which is great. I'm hoping perhaps next month.

We're only about 9 hours from Nashville..a bit under 500 miles! A long weekend in the fall would be perfect. I would not make the drive alone, Joe is willing to tag along. He can go sightseeing/be our designated driver if we need him...he's ok with it.I would so love to meet you all.

We still have about 6 inches of snow on the ground, in spite of rain yesterday and today..sigh....when you go to the malls/stores, the parking lots have piles of snow as high as 15 feet. Good thing it's March and it will be gone in a few weeks.

Joe drove out to Jess's on Friday and "kidnapped" Brandon for the weekend. It was a great surprise for both B and me. Joey and Iliana had gotten tickets to a local high school's yearly play, so we all saw Beauty and the Beast on Saturday evening. The performance was awesome, and we really enjoyed it. Also spent some time shopping on Saturday; Brandon was definitely the winner in that trip...new shoes, jeans, tops, etc.! I love doing that. Plus we spent alot of time playing Wii. A good weekend over all.

later,
Jen
Old 03-03-2008, 11:06 PM   #86  

Ruth,
You sound determined. You will do this. I do soduko for my brain.

Jen,
I'll bet Brandon was so excited. That is cool. One on one time. I loved that growing up. I would love to meet Joe. If Bruce drives him and Joe can hang out. Since we will be in the middle of school he will probably have to stay here.
This wil be fun.
Terri

Last edited by points; 03-03-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #87  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi guys:

Terri - Say it isn't so - Bernie's gone! I can't get over how Kelly is always crying and acting like she's the only one who might have to go home, yet here we are 10 weeks later and she's still there!!! I have to give her credit though (and the others too) for going over that huge canyon - Holy Moly That was cool, though - I think I would do that (remember my parasailing in September, lol). It was so sweet of Bernie to give Brittany immunity. I'm gonna miss him. Anyway, I think Roger and Jay will be the last 2 standing unless some kind of twist happens in the show. We'll see.

Hi Jen, Es, Ruthie, Sandy how are you guys doing?

Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 03-05-2008, 06:35 PM   #88  

Dianne,
I know. Bernie is the one I liked the most from the Black team. He has lost 108 pounds. Good for him. Kelly is on my last nerve. I feel for her though. I like when Roger said we aren't going to strong arm you. The only way Roger and Jay will not be in top 2 is if they go under the yellow line. I doubt they will go under together. Brittany sure lucked out in that one. I wonder if her and Maggie can have another big week. Jillian is going to kill them with exercise . It won't be 8 hours a day it will be 12.
Heather (The one that got pregnant before the finale) from the States (Utah)season was at a meeting that an internet friend went to and she said they exercised 8 hours a day. The other thing she said was that that the filming of the weigh ins takes 6-7 HOURS! She said the weigh ins took so long because they had to film every one 3 times. It would be hard to act shocked 3 different times! She also said that production took so long that all they did was workout, do production, and sleep!
Can't wait to see who wins.
TTYL,
Terri
Old 03-07-2008, 08:08 PM   #89  

Where has everyone been?

Today was my self proclaimed weighin day. I'm down another 1.6 lbs. I left the 180's and I'm on my way to 170. I hope to reach that goal by the end of may. Guess it could be my "Memorial Day challenge". Does anyone else want to join me?

Would you believe it snowed here? It was beautiful coming down, but our weather wasn't cold enough for it to stick. By the end of the day it was just a beautiful memory!

Hubby and I went out ot eat tonight. I'll have to be good now for the remainder of the week.

Has anyone went on line to check on a possible Nashville stay? I'll check this weekend. Question, what month is good for you all. I'm thinking 1st of October, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Terri, are you watching Big Brother? Maurice & I didn't like the couples, but now that they are individual we think it will be a fairer competition. I've never watched Bigger Loser, most likely because I wasn't ready to get on the wagon and I thought it would be depressing. My mom loves the show.

Well, time to go spend some time with the hubby. Talk to you guys later.

Hi, Dianne, Jen, Es, Sandy and anyone else I left out!!
Old 03-07-2008, 10:12 PM   #90  

HI!!! I'll be in on the challenge. That sounds so cool. You and I are close in weight. We can do this. I would like to lose 15 by Memorial Day.

I am so glad BB are singles now. I can't stand
Matt, Natalie, Chelsia, Josh. Sheila gets on my nerves. She was Pet of the year in 1983. She looks a little haggard for 45. I like Ryan. He is an OSU boy.
I could not stand his gf Jen. I do not want her coming back. I want Allison, Amanda or Alex. Amanda and Allison will throw the house for a loop.
Oh, I forgot to answer your question, yes I watch Big Brother.

Keep warm!!!!! Hi everyone!
Terri

Last edited by points; 03-07-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Closed Thread