Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 09:19 AM   #1  
Is is spring yet??

Talking Night Owls #33

Ok the other thread was way too long!! Don't forget to check out #32 though - there are a few recent posts. (lol)

Well we are in the midst of a "wintery" few days. They say snow, rain and sleet today and tomorrow. I just hope the ice stays away - they say that Boston will be warmer - it sure does pay to be on the water. (sometimes!)

Ok where is PJ and Michelle?? It's not like you gals to be gone so long!

I think my sinus infection is finally leaving me <knock wood> - but who knows! I just know I am feeling better. I hope it lasts.

I went to WW and lost 1lb last nite!! I was very excited. I have been on antibiotics all month and was worried it would affect my weight. But I lost 2.6lbs this month! Its not TONS - but its something and I will take it

Well ladies I must go and fill my water bottle up. My bosses are all out today - so I have a "free day". Shhh don't tell anyone!

Tara
Old 01-31-2002, 10:20 PM   #2  

Smile Congratulations on your loss

Hi!
I just registered at this website last night and tonight I am browsing around a bit....I, too, have been battling a stinkin'
sinus infection and finally made a trip to my Dr. on Tuesday for some antibiotics- seems like that's all I've been doing lately is taking antibiotics. I had the worst headaches, how about you?
Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi and I like your heart wreath image, too! Looking forward to making some new friends on this board! :-)
Old 02-01-2002, 02:29 AM   #3  

Just got our power back on from the storm and it is flickering again! When you live in the country it is not fun to have no water, heat or lights! (I did have some drinking water so I was still peeing up a storm even though I couldn't flush!)

Had cereal and milk, then tuna and lettuce, and Tomato soup(heated on a camping burner) and some more cereal and an apple to snack on. Now I need a hot cup of tea! (and maybe something else cause I'm hungry!)

Tara...good job losing while on the meds..that is hard! Thanks for starting a new thread!

Hi Julie, pj, Michele, Emmy, Bren, Judy, Suebee and all others!

Welcome maniac
Old 02-01-2002, 03:53 PM   #4  
Teacher chick

Unhappy

HI Candice and everyone. I've been out of commission since Tuesday with a pinched nerve in my neck. It sends pain down my entire left side. It's not fun but I'm starting to get some better. I expect to be back at school by MOnday.
Love. JUDY
Old 02-01-2002, 04:23 PM   #5  
Is is spring yet??

Hello from rainy, icy, dreary Boston!

We are in the midst of a snow, sleet and rain storm here - and its so depressing! Its been raining all day - yuck!

Make-up Maniac - Welcome! And YES my headaches have been terrible - I am on antibiotics too. Makes me nervous!

Candice - I hope your power stays on - losing power is just the worst! Good luck!

Judy - Sorry about your pinched nerve - that sounds very painful. I hope its better soon.

Well its almost quitting time. I hope you ladies have a great weekend!

Tara
Old 02-02-2002, 03:12 AM   #6  

OMG Judy....that is all you need! I bet it is the one nerve you have left too!
Old 02-02-2002, 08:57 AM   #7  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

It's a beautiful morning here in Florida. I just got back from feeding the horses in my nightie. Will go back in about 10 minutes to let them all out and start the day.

Well, the house tenant is now OUT...... Deb and Rich are starting to paint the garage so we can empty THIS garage and make it much more presentable. The two potential buyers we had fell through. One didn't qualify and the other started finageling (sp?) waaaaay too much for me. I've got over $10,000. worth of window treatments in this house aint they are NOT staying. $7,000. worth are from the woman who had helped me for the year I was pretty much bed-ridden and a very wealthy woman she cleaned houses for was redecorating and just GAVE her these drapes. I was getting rid of my old furniture (kitchen set and bedroom) and she said she would give me the drapes in exchange for the furniture since she and her husband had a small apartment and wanted their son OUT and this might "move him a little quicker".
Anyway, I went to an upholstery store and was told they were probably worth MORE. So with me...they stay and will fit perfectly to the four sliding pocket doors to the pool area and the round kitchen windows. And I mean a PERFECT fit. How lucky is that? I've already taken all the good treatments down but left a couple in the kitchen eat-in area and the office. The whole house was recently painted on the inside and we weeded and put all fresh mulch outside. Looks good and I don't want to move now. Nawwwwww, not really. I've got many mixed feelings. I love my neighbors but will be only minutes away so we'll still have our morning coffee at eachother's houses in our nightgowns at times, I'm sure.

I've been doing so well on WW it's scary. I've gotten alot of muscle though so as you all know.....I'm not losing much on the scale but everything I own is baggy on me. My undies look like Grandma's bloomers !!!!!!!!

I've printed out all of your posts and will get back to you tonight. I just wanted to fill you in on what's been going on with me and why I haven't been around much. Bill was also out of town for a few days so it's been a hectic week.

Judy and Tara - Hang in there.......I'll talk to you two later.
And congrats on the 2.6 lbs. gone Tara!!!! Way to go.

A big welcome to make-up maniac

Candice - Hello right back atcha!

"See" you all later.

Last edited by PJ; 02-02-2002 at 09:17 AM.
Old 02-02-2002, 11:33 AM   #8  

Angry Hi everyone~

Thanks for making me feel welcome here. I'm gonna stop back in often. I need to get motivated again....looks like this is the place to be. :-)
Old 02-04-2002, 12:05 PM   #9  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Ok you guys......THAT'S ENOUGH! Get your little hynees in here ON THE DOUBLE!!!!!! Where aaaaarrrrrrree you all? Hey! If I I can make it in here....then so can you all. Come on now ladies.....I need you! We all need eachother ...... and when you don't show your "faces" in here, it really brings me down. So.....please start posting again and let me and the other owls know how you've been doing. I personally......TOTALLY BLEW IT last night at the Super Bowl party we had here. I made spaghetti with meatsauce, a Pork roast and we laid out cold cuts with all kinds of breads and rolls with potato and macaroni salad and cole slaw. You know, the usual SUPER BOWL stuff. My friend, Debbie..... brought a cherry cheesecake AND brownies. I had a piece of each. So today it's back on track and as of this very moment... 11:33am.......I'm doing fine.

That's it for me......we're having beautiful weather here ..... the low 70's, sunny and breezy. In otherwords, the reason we live here.

Have a great day everyone and I hope to "see" you all later.

By the way, I've now received two email/letters from Stella in Australia, some of you older owls should remember her. She's doing wonderful and sounds happy. Just thought I'd fill you in.
Bye...........
Old 02-05-2002, 05:28 AM   #10  

Pj is back! I would keep those window treatments too! Bloomers, really pj that must feel great!

I'm hurtin' like crazy and on top of that the scale said I was up by 2 and I haven't changed a thing! Hope it is my protonix(stomach med) that is doing it my tummy is really bloated like when I was pregnant and we all know that is not possible! No felmale plumbing left! I will have to measure my waist and see if it is actually larger than before! It feels hudge! I will try to remember to measure it tomorrow. I don't like feeling fat when I have been op!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2002, 06:57 AM   #11  

Just thought I would check is and see how everyone is.

I'm running behind here, got to get the laundry done, kids up and ready for school and then head out and do my WW meeting in Green Bay.

Took my husband to the airport on Sun. He is in Phoenix for school, he will be there for 2 weeks, miss him a lot already.

Have a good one.

Julie
Old 02-05-2002, 06:59 PM   #12  
Teacher chick

Hi owls. I'm ready for a snowday. It's not winter if I don't get a snowday. Mind you, I only went to school 3 days last week because of a pinched nerve in my neck. It's still not the same, ya know?

We're okay here. Steve is coping with his MS as well as he can for a man in pain 24/7 and I'm coping as well as I can for a skinny lady trapped in a chubby lady's body. I wonder what will happen to all this skin when I get to goal? Will it suck in or sag like my boobs?
Old 02-05-2002, 09:04 PM   #13  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Judy - "Will it suck in or sag like my boobs?"

Almost pee'd my pants on that one.......
At our age......who gives a rats A** WHAT it does ..... as long as it goes away!!!!
I have to give you and your husband alot of credit Judy.....you're both handling things well.......although I'm sure that at times.....it may seem otherwise. Like the ole cliche says...."take one day at a time". Wish I could wave a magic wand and make things all better for you both. I think of you often.

Candice - Do you have to get your blood checked for that med you're on? It might be causing something more serious than just bloating. I take Lipitor for my cholesterol and have to get my blood checked every 3 months to make sure it's not effecting my liver. Anyway, keep me from worrying 'bout ya and get it checked out, huh?

Julie - My husband travels alot!!!!! Funny though, I don't miss him until the 2nd or 3rd night. And he STILL asks me as soon as he checks into his hotel the first night..."do you miss me"?????? and I tell him...."not yet"......heh-heh Maybe that's why we're still happily married for 15 years. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Ok guys.......it's time for my bath and then bed. I've had a long, long day. SOMEONE sent me on a wild goose chase to check out a horse abuse case. SOME PEOPLE REALLY STINK........!!!!!!!!! What their/her motive was, I don't know.....all I DO know is it really messed up my day....wasted alot of time that I could have been spending on doing "real" horse rescue work and it really pisses me off that I fell for it. I just can't wait until she calls me back.....IF she does.
Hope you all have a good night. I really need a good, solid night's sleep for a change.
"See you".......
Old 02-06-2002, 02:09 AM   #14  

Julie..I miss mine right before he leaves but not while he is gone! He doesn't go away that much!

Judy...You still have your sense of humor..that is a good thing! You poor thing..pinched nerves hurt!!!!! Are getting that snow that went to the south?

Tara...loved that Stuffed pasta Shell recipe!

It has to be the medication cause I stopped if for a day and 1.5 pounds is gone and my mesurements are the same.

PJ..that med should not cause any problems..but who knows..I'm do for an endoscopey this month anyway..I just have to schedule it but I hate that procedure!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad about the wild goose chase or was it a horse chase!
Old 02-06-2002, 07:19 AM   #15  

HI everyone and happy hump day

Hey Judy, when you get to goal, your boobs will sag but most of the skin will shrink back into place if you do some firming and toning. This question came up when another leader was dealing with a woman who lost 150 pounds and she was worried about her skin sagging. This is drastic and it is something I would never do, but there have been members who have had surgery to remove the flabby skin. YIKES that is drastic!

Pamela Jo and Candice, I miss Kevin even more because our daughter Meghan is one not to listen to me. She thinks that she can do what she wants when dad is gone. We will be married 24 years this may, thats alot of years

I love the WW meeting topic this week.....The Right Mix (week 6) The meeting I did yesterday.....the members really started thinking about how, what and when they eat certain foods. Very interesting.

Hope you all have a great day.

Julie
Closed Thread