Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2002, 09:50 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Lightbulb Thursday Weigh-In Results

It's Weigh-In Time!!!

All Thursday weighers/thread members come here this week to share achievements and disappointments. Also, please share ideas of how to lose, lose, lose.

I am psyched up this week. I'm totally on program and intend to see good results at the scale in a couple of days.

Tina
Old 01-23-2002, 09:42 AM   #2  
In puppy hell

Hey ladies, here's the recipe from WW magazine - I'm pretty sure it's accurate but I'll double check tonight.

10 oz ground chicken, turkey, lean beef - whatever
2 28oz cans of diced tomatoes
1 15 oz can of beans (I used 19oz can of black beans) rinsed and drained
2 15 oz cans of beef broth (I just used the cubes with water)
1 med onion - chopped
8 cups of 0 pt veggies like peppers, zucchini, celery, mushrooms etc
1 package chili seasoning

Brown onion and meat in pan. Transfer it to large pot. Add tomatoes, broth, beans and veggies, seasoning.. simmer for 30 minutes or until your veggies are cooked to your liking.

1 point per cup.. it's good and a lifesaver!!

Now Tina, how bout sending me a recipe to make okra gumbo.. That sound DELICIOUS!

Good luck with weigh in, I'll be back later to post my results from weigh in today.
Cheers ladies
Addey
Old 01-23-2002, 10:09 AM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Good Day!

I've been OP now for three days and it feels so good!

Addey, thank you for the recipe. It sounds like it makes a lot.
I will sent the okra gumbo recipe after I figure out the amounts. (I do it without a recipe.)

Good luck everyone. I anticipate we will all have a good weigh-in.

Tina
Old 01-24-2002, 10:50 AM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Get the picture! I cannot go weigh today and I was looking forward to it. Our car (which was in the shop for 2 wks.) still hasn't been fixed right! Yesterday it ran HOT on me and started growling like the gears where grinding off. Larry told me to drive it around this area, like to the grocery store, but not as far as WW.

This happened last night---so----for supper, we went and ate Chinese and then I came home and had my first Diet Coke of the day. Can we say "water retention" this morning!

I hope everyone else has great success today/this week at weigh in.
Please post.

Tina
Old 01-24-2002, 09:20 PM   #5  

I've had a terrible time again getting to read things here. Some of the posts are showing, but not all of them. It has not allowed me to post until now.

I will have a major weight reduction next week because I am going to start chopping off body parts. Thought you should all know that. I am tired of staying at -13.

TC
Old 01-24-2002, 09:38 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Hello Tammy!
If you're going to start chopping off body parts, I'm with you.
Maybe I'll just get on my exercycle and ride out of town.

How did everyone else do this week?????
Old 01-24-2002, 11:24 PM   #7  
Thursday Team

For those that are chopping off body parts for weight loss, I recommend you dont start with the arms and hands, other wise you can't talk to us Also it might be painful!!

My best idea for weight loss is go on a cruise! I lost 3 pounds this week...WOOHOO!! I was excited. My sisters lost 4# and 1# so they were excited as well. Guess we didnt eat as much as we thought, or we did too many stairs.

Tina, hang in there and keep OP cause next week you should have a major Weight Loss! Hope you get your car running right.

How did everyone else do this week? Stay OP and keep drinking water....thats the best advice I can give. Tune in later for more of my advice columns

Dee
Old 01-25-2002, 07:11 AM   #8  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

I was up .5 but thats not too bad considering the last week and a half I have eaten out most of the time. My mom was in ICU because of a bad accident and we have been doing a lot of traveling to see her. Not to mention the stress! Hopefully I'll do better this week since she's doing better and better. Hope everyone else has a great WI. ....Sis
Old 01-25-2002, 09:42 AM   #9  
Thursday Lady

Okay, okay, I'll hold off cutting off body parts.
Tammy, I've never had to change a flat. Boy, I'd be in a world of hurt.

Dee, let me on that cruise today! you and your sisters did so great.

Sis, I am so sorry about your mother. I'm glad she is doing better. Please keep us informed about her progress. Girl, you are lucky to have gained so little--with all the stress and crazy eating. Been there before!

Okay, okay---where is the rest of the group. We need more news.
Tina
140 personal goal
Old 01-25-2002, 10:28 PM   #10  
Susan

Hi guys,

I was up .25 pounds due to TOM. Hopefully it will come off and then some on Monday. I'll keep you posted. We can do this!!!

Susan
Old 01-26-2002, 10:33 PM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Okay group,
Our grand total loss this week was about 2 pounds. Let's see if we can make it 3 pounds gone next week. What do you say!!!!

We are missing some members weighing in this time.

Tina
140 personal goal
Old 01-28-2002, 11:22 AM   #12  
Thursday Lady

It's a Monday and another great day to stay OP.

Sis, I hope your mother is doing fine. Please let us know how she is.

Good luck today everyone!!

Tina
140 personal goal
Old 01-28-2002, 10:48 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Dawn, how are you doing????? We haven't heard from you.

I did pretty good today but ate some fried crab puffs tonight. Very good. I'll just exercise them off tomorrow.
Old 01-30-2002, 03:00 PM   #14  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

My mom is doing better every day. Good thing she is a fighter. She really wants to go home and if she keeps doing as well as she has been that shouldn't be too long. I am hoping for next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyways. I'm not doing great OP but I'm not doing horribly either. I probably will skip this week and go next. I'm just kind of tired of traveling. Hope you all have a good week....Sis
Old 01-30-2002, 03:40 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Sis, I'm so glad your mother is doing well. And, I'm sure you are tired. How far do you have to travel? Take care of yourself.
Closed Thread