3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Where are all my 20 and 30 year olds?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/125223-where-all-my-20-30-year-olds.html)

I Heart Diet Coke 10-18-2007 02:06 AM

Where are all my 20 and 30 year olds??

Hey guys!

why is this forum so dead :?::(

Lets do something to make it hoppin'!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

salsa sarah 10-18-2007 02:51 AM

Hi I'm Sarah and I'm 22 years old. I see you've lost 7lbs. I'm right behind you Ive lost 6. anyway keep it up.

I Heart Diet Coke 10-18-2007 03:06 AM

hey! Thanks Sarah.. and congrats on your 6 lb loss! It's nice to see someone who has my same starting weight and around the same age (I'm 23) we should be like accountability partners or something :D

modkittn 10-18-2007 12:50 PM

I was posting on the weekly threads for a long time and tried to keep them up but it just seemed that no one was interested :( We had a lot of old posters come back at the beginning of the year, and it was pretty active. The activity seemed to dwindle down to almost nothing unfortunately :(

I Heart Diet Coke 10-18-2007 01:05 PM

aww :( well let's see if we can't get it going in here again :)

countrygirl7902 10-19-2007 11:03 PM

hi girls. i'm new to this site, but i'll probably be on a lot because if i don't stay really focused then i'm gonna go raid the kitchen!

modkittn 10-20-2007 12:25 PM

countrygirl, :wel3fc:

Shay 10-20-2007 08:02 PM

Hello everyone,
Quite a number of forums under WW seem to be dead. I'm trying to resurrect the WW 100 Club. I will join you here. I'm 35. I've been on and off WW for a few years. Right now I'm doing it at home. My weightloss this week should make me have an overall double digit loss. I'm excited about that. I get into trouble when I get to 24 points not there yet but starting to think about and do some preplanning. I look forward to checking in here and getting to know everyone.

I Heart Diet Coke 10-21-2007 08:26 PM

hi shay! :)

and countrygirl welcome to 3FC! :welcome2:

Shay 10-21-2007 11:53 PM

Thanks for the welcome!

Brittany--Were you planning on starting a weekly thread? Monthly thread or you want us to continue to check in here?

I really think I will have a good weigh in the morning. I will check in and let you know. I hope everyone has a great week.

I Heart Diet Coke 10-23-2007 03:12 PM

hmmm I didn't think of that Shay... I guess we can keep checking in here and for anyone who is in the new years challenge (which I think is most of us) we can chat in there too! Starting next week (sunday) I'll make a weekly thread :D

modkittn 10-23-2007 03:37 PM

I think a monthly thread might be best, until we start getting more traffic in here :)

sxulcmnky 10-23-2007 03:41 PM

i just joined today and i might have talked my friend into joining also. we are both 25 :D i plan on posting more often in here.

i started my diet about a month ago and as of this morning i have lost 10lbs.

My check in dates are tuesdays.... so that's when my weights will be noted.

anyone else have check in dates? what diets are you following? i'm doing low fat/low cal diet. started it with the Alli pill, but i just do the diet now that i have the eating habits down.

I Heart Diet Coke 10-23-2007 03:46 PM

Welcome Sally :wel3fc: and congrats on your weight loss so far!

Well let's just do this, I'll start a new thread next week and if we don't have that many posts well keep it going through the end of the month... and then start a Monthly one at the start of November... this month is almost over anyway.

sxulcmnky 10-23-2007 03:48 PM

sounds great :D

and thanks :D

sxulcmnky 10-24-2007 07:34 AM

GOOD MORNING ALL!

how was everyone's evening? mine went well. i went home (to my roommates homemade beef stew that had been in the crockpot for 5 hours... smelled it coming into the building, had some but kept it within a reasonable amount... like 1/2 cup just to get the taste in) and watched CSI Miami with the roomies and then watched my guilty pleasure...Days of Our Lives.

does anyone else watch that soap?

modkittn 10-24-2007 08:18 AM

I'm not a soap person :)

A friend of ours took DH and I out to eat last night. I ordered a salad with grilled chicken, but I somehow couldn't keep my hands out of the cheese fries our friend ordered. I had way too much to eat! Really dipped into my extra points there :) Oh well, today is another day!

sxulcmnky 10-24-2007 08:22 AM

what system are you using? weight watchers? applebees has a great ww menu... their steak portebello is so good:drool:

Ladybug2680 10-24-2007 08:54 AM

Good morning ladies. I would like to join if you don't mind. I have been doing WW's for a number of years, but was never really serious about the weight loss. Tomorrow I will weigh in and get my starting weight. I'm on the Monthly Pass, but don't weigh in every week. I plan on getting back OP tomorrow and sticking to it. This weight has got to go.

sxulcmnky 10-24-2007 09:25 AM

welcome dori! i just joined yesterday

modkittn 10-24-2007 10:17 AM

Yep, just about everyone who posts in this forum does WW, myself included. I actually picked the restaurant but we all had to agree on it! I don't really care for the Applebee's menu, since there is a lot of seafood on there and I don't eat seafood at all (allergies).

Dori, :wel3fc:

sxulcmnky 10-24-2007 10:42 AM

cool what restaurant did you choose?

modkittn 10-24-2007 10:55 AM

Ended up going to Chili's. We hadn't been there in years. It hasn't really changed much!

sxulcmnky 10-24-2007 11:27 AM

i <3 chili's

what'd you get? i suck at going out to eat because i always want to eat bad

modkittn 10-24-2007 11:53 AM

I got the boneless buffalo chicken salad with grilled chicken instead of fried and dressing on the side. I ate just over half the salad. I also had a glass of wine. And of course, dipped into my friend's Texas Cheese Fries :o

sxulcmnky 10-24-2007 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modkittn (Post 1904097)
I got the boneless buffalo chicken salad with grilled chicken instead of fried and dressing on the side. I ate just over half the salad. I also had a glass of wine. And of course, dipped into my friend's Texas Cheese Fries :o

meh we all have our weaknesses. mine's ice cream, but i found a good one from ben and jerry's.... brownies and chocolate... soo good :drool:

I Heart Diet Coke 10-24-2007 01:04 PM

I use to watch Days of our lives... but I stopped and now I can't get back into it. I actually have no idea whats going on anymore.

well I had a pretty good evening. I walked on the treadmill for 30 min. cleaned up and went to the mall to shop because I'm going on a cruise in early November so I needed some new clothes. Does anyone have a Torrid in your mall?? It's like my new favorite store!! it's all plus size but it is CUTE CUTE CUTE plus size stuff! I love walking in a store and seeing cute clothes and KNOWING that they will have my size! Normaly I can find things my size but they are ugly as heck. :mad:

Anyway I came home and hopped back on the treadmill for another hour... watched E! News (my addiction) and the daily 10 (mmm celebrity gossip! lol) and then got off the treadmill and watched dancing with the stars ( I LOVE that show... anyone else watch?) and then the biggest loser. Big TV night haha. Plus me and my hubby are just now getting into heros after borrowing the first season from my BFF so we got in bed and watched like 4 of those haha. aw, addictive television

sxulcmnky 10-24-2007 01:24 PM

lol ya i feel you on the tv time... i <3 tv. tonight i'm going to walmart with a friend of mine to get finishing touches for our halloween costumes... i'm being a devils advocate. it's going to be AWESOME!

i'm also going to get that "walking off the pounds" dvd and see how i like it. i don't have a treadmill and don't want to get one until after i move since i live on the 3rd floor and we don't have an elevator... it's hard enough to get friends to help me move my regular stuff, there's no way i could get them to move a treadmill lol

yay for all the walking you got done yesterday!!!

and Torrid... i have to go by my mom's house or an hour in the other direction to get to one, but i LOVE that store. i've even turned a couple of my friends on to it... that and lane bryant (for work stuff and they have new jeans out that are for 3 different body types) are my 2 fav clothing stores. i generally hit up their website and then go try on stuff in the store.

Shay 10-24-2007 06:58 PM

I haven't watched soaps in years but I loved Guiding Light.

I like to watch a lot of reality shows and Entertainment shows which it seems you really enjoy too Brittany. Currently I like "The Hills", "The Biggest Loser", "America's Next Top Model" and I'm looking forward to "Making Menudo". I know I have issues. I LOVE The Closer and Criminal Minds also. I like watching E News and The Best Week Ever. Oh yeah I like Court TV too.

Sally--I'm doing WW at home. I'm using my old stuff. Not officially a member anymore. I weigh in on Mondays.

sxulcmnky 10-25-2007 09:51 AM

"America's Next Top Model" = my crack... i LOVE that show and record it so i never miss an episode... and that new show "gossip girls" isn't *that* bad

as for the WW... i didn't realize that this was a WW forum until after i posted, but i liked the people :D lol

ZoeJayne 10-25-2007 11:23 AM

Heeey people!! Ive lost 9lbs in 3 weeks on ww!! good news is the doctor has referred me to WW and so i will have 12 weeks worth of meetings to go to for free which is coool :D :D startin next wednesday! i am so nervous tho, because i wont know anyone there!! :( lol

e.mccoy 10-25-2007 05:36 PM

Hello ladies,

I am new to this thread but not new to 3fc. I have been scouting around for a good thread and I think that I have found one. I have done WW in the past and just started doing it at home. My starting weight was 217.6 and I almost fell over when I saw that. Since then I have lost about 4 pounds. I just moved to California from Ohio a few months ago and since I have become a SAHM the weight has been piling on. Im going home for christmas and I want to lose another 16 pounds or more before I leave. I don't know what it feels like to be in the onederlands anymore but I will soon. I can't wait to see the look on my family and friends faces when they see me, because i wasn't in onederland before I left.Sorry about all the rambling. It is nice to meet all you ladies and I look forward to talking with you all. Hopefully we will share some life changing experiences with each other.

Sweet Tea 10-27-2007 10:21 PM

Hi girls :)! Can I jump in here? My name is Sara and I am just starting WW (online) this weekend and I am also just returning to 3fc from a year and a half absence. I have been working on taking control of my weight and health issues since the Fall of 2005. Most of my weight loss to date took place in the first year and since then the #'s just yo-yo in one 10 lb range. This year I have brought my blood pressure issue under control and I have been working out at the YMCA since January.

My main problems seem to be that I am easily thrown off track. I am a mom of 3 kids and I often put their needs and those of my husband and family and friends first and then I neglect my needs. I also let fear take over where common sense should prevail. No more though! I am turning a new leaf and I am taking back control.

It is really nice to meet you all and I look forward to getting to know you all if you will have me :).

Hugs!

Shay 10-28-2007 05:12 AM

Welcome ZoeJayne and e.mccoy!
Sweet Tea of course we will have you. Everyone is welcome here!

I'm really trying to make a decision here. Today is a new week so I have a whole new set of flex points but I had been eating out a lot last week just because I've been at a conference. Granted I planned well and will still lose weight. I'm just wondering if I should go out one more day. Today is the last day of the conference and we are done at 11:45am. One of my co-workers plans to suggest to the group we go to a restaurant. We all presented and just feel relieved that everything went well and want to celebrate. I don't know. I will look and see if the restaurant is on Dottie's because that will help. I am leaving at 7:15am to head to the conference. I will check in later and let you know what I decided. If I decided to go I will post what I ate. Everyone have a great day.

katyp 10-28-2007 05:32 AM

hello,

thought I bounce on here..i am on wiehgt watchers, lost 15 so far and just switched classes, my new leader is very scarey....not sure if ill stick her.

Anyway I am really new to this place so am hoping to get involved in some groups.

Katy x

Sweet Tea 10-29-2007 09:28 AM

Happy Monday to you all! I hope you all had good weekends :).

How was last night Shay?

Hi Katy! Congrats on losing 15 so far! That is awesome :D

I have been reading a lot of posts thru the weekend and I am so impressed with how everyone is doing :D. I also checked out the pictures section and I was really blown away by all the folks there. I can't remember ever seeing that section back when I was here before. What a great thing to see and I hope that I can add some impressive pictures there someday in the near future.

modkittn 10-29-2007 09:34 AM

:welcome2: to all our new weight watchers! The weekend wasn't great for me. I didn't bother getting on the scale today. I'm going to try to not weigh myself every day this week (which I normally do) and stick to my eating plan and see how things turn out on Sunday. Wish me luck ;)

ZoeJayne 10-29-2007 09:46 AM

Ill be meeting my leader on wednesday!! Ive done bad this weekend, been eatin chocolate and crisps!! :( *slaps hand* ive not done tooooooooo bad today lol! but im startin afresh as soon as i get on those scales at my first meeting on wedneday!!! hehe!!

Shay 10-29-2007 01:19 PM

Sweet Tea--I decided to go out with my co-workers. We just get along so well so I figured why not? I ate an order of refried beans and I had a flour tortilla with the following in it: eggs, onions, potatoes, tortilla chips. It was a brunch thing. There were two of them but I took one home. I also took the fruit home. So I think I did okay. The scale was good to me this week. I lost 3lbs.

Sweet Tea 10-30-2007 09:09 AM

I did my first official weigh in yesterday for WW and I was up a pound from my weight on Saturday :(. I am pretty sure it's because of AF visiting which started late last night. I guess I should be happy though for next week's #'s cause I am sure to show some results :P :lol:

Shay -- Your brunch sounded good!

Hugs to you all!

How is everyone doing at avoiding Halloween treats? We are giving out candy from my moms house so it's all over there :) instead of here. I'm sure I'd do bad if that stuff were sitting in my house.